REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Qantas passengers refuse to fly without pajamas (https://www.revscene.net/forums/672176-qantas-passengers-refuse-fly-without-pajamas.html)

metal 08-11-2012 05:12 PM

Qantas passengers refuse to fly without pajamas

Some people...

Quote:

http://resources3.news.com.au/images...irst-class.jpg

TWO Melbourne-bound Qantas passengers from hell refused to fly last night after they were told there were no XL-sized first-class pyjamas on their LA flight.

The crew's offer of business-class jim-jams failed to placate the duo.

Their luggage was offloaded after they elected to spoil their own pyjama party and they were left behind.

But despite the storm breaking out in a teacup the captain still landed in Melbourne on time at 8.20am today.

QF094 business-class passenger Angela Ceberano told mX the cabin erupted in laughter when the captain announced the reason for the delay.

"He said: 'Just to inform you all, the reason we've had the delay is because two of our first-class passengers refused to fly on this plane as there was no extra large pyjamas on board for them'," Ceberano said.

Another passenger told Ceberano the pyjama guy said to the crew: "Make sure you tell everyone why were so late: They didn't have pyjamas for us'."

"In his mind, he thought everyone sympathised with him,'' Ceberano said.

"If you didn't laugh, you would have cried. It was unbelievable."

It is believed the irate passengers were offered business-class pyjamas but insisted on being clad in the real deal, pairs of which are listed for as little as $10 on eBay.

International business-class passengers receive Peter Morrissey pyjamas on "selected flights" while first class passengers get "soft and luxurious pyjamas and slippers".

Qantas spokesman Luke Enright said two passengers chose to get off an aircraft just before departure in LA overnight.

"Other passengers were unaffected with the flight touching down in Melbourne this morning on schedule," Enright said.

Read more: Qantas passengers refuse to fly LA to Melbourne because there were no XL first-class pyjamas | News.com.au
Qantas passengers refuse to fly LA to Melbourne because there were no XL first-class pyjamas | News.com.au

Energy 08-11-2012 05:19 PM

Firstworldproblems

noventa 08-11-2012 05:27 PM

thats bullshit. They paid for that expensive ass first class seat and deserve ever bit of the luxuries that is suppose to come with it. And then to be ridicule like that. That is not professional.

CharlieH 08-11-2012 05:48 PM

^ LOL :suspicious:

Matlock 08-11-2012 05:52 PM

Just give them 2 pairs of extra small. Its their own fault for being fat.
Stupid fat people... always unintentionally raising flight prices. :troll:

bcedhk 08-11-2012 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Energy (Post 8000697)
Firstworldproblems

firstCLASSproblems

StylinRed 08-11-2012 06:15 PM

qantas pyjama | eBay

for those wondering (around $65AUD) comes with socks and slippers

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTYwMFgxMj...%7E%7E60_3.JPG

this is what they were offered comes with mask and socks

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTA3MVgxNj...%7E%7E60_3.JPG

cathay pacific>qantas

Hehe 08-11-2012 06:38 PM

I personally think Qantas is at fault. It doesn't matter whether they were revenue customer or not, one has to spend some serious dough before getting a first class ticket.

It shows the lack of professionalism of Qantas. For true top-tier airlines like Emirates, they always make sure first class passengers have every bit of attention to detail. I.E.: They make sure that everything on their menu is available for their first class passenger. So, one never has to make do with other selection if the person is flying first class on Emirates.

Mr.HappySilp 08-11-2012 07:15 PM

I wouldn't care much.... is just PJs beside I think is weird wearing some other PJs... I rather wear my own lol... If on long flight I would just put on a comfy T-shirt and a pair of shorts/sweat pants.

LP700-4 08-11-2012 07:26 PM

+1.

If you look at it from the consumer's point of view it really is unfair because you paid for all of your extra stuff and they just say they dont have it.

Anjew 08-12-2012 06:07 AM

some people fly it for fun like a mini vacation and so they expect all the amenities to be available. this shows how qantas unprofessionally treats their clients and this incident no doubt will hurt business for them.

JesseBlue 08-12-2012 06:54 AM

some people wonder what they will eat for the day and some choose to complain about pajamas

Marco911 08-12-2012 08:09 PM

^^All people being born "equal" is a flawed concept to begin with.

nabs 08-12-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marco911 (Post 8001656)
^^All people being born "equal" is a flawed concept to begin with.

unfortunately some are more equal than others...

:haha:

gearshifter 08-12-2012 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noventa (Post 8000704)
thats bullshit. They paid for that expensive ass first class seat and deserve ever bit of the luxuries that is suppose to come with it. And then to be ridicule like that. That is not professional.

Read:

Another passenger told Ceberano the pyjama guy said to the crew: "Make sure you tell everyone why were so late: They didn't have pyjamas for us'."

Anjew 08-12-2012 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JesseBlue (Post 8001094)
some people wonder what they will eat for the day and some choose to complain about pajamas

They paid for that flight, they have every right to complain just like you would if you paid for something even if it was only a dollar.

marc0lishuz 08-12-2012 11:33 PM

Airlines know First Class passengers are their most demanding customers. Not having a proper size is a misstep on their part. However, the passengers decided to act like royalty and ended up making a fool of themselves.

Both are in the wrong, IMO.

El Bastardo 08-13-2012 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hehe (Post 8000759)
It shows the lack of professionalism of Qantas. For true top-tier airlines like Emirates, they always make sure first class passengers have every bit of attention to detail.

Can someone give me the prices on a first class flight with either airline on a comparable route? How much "extra" are you paying for?

Sky_High 08-13-2012 12:40 AM

It's hard to compare as these two airlines operate routes that's quite different from each other. And not every route offer first class....

IIRC There has been recent rumours about Qantas wanting to alliance with Emirates lately. Allowing Qantas to codeshare to Dubai....and Emirates to European / Mid East destinations...

Sydney to Bangkok (Tax included)

Qantas: $921.44 AUD Economy / $5462 AUD Business
Emirates: $1078.24 AUD Economy / $4194 AUD Business / $6444 AUD first class

Hurricane 08-13-2012 08:34 AM

As much as these two passenger are idiots, and for all you who know fuk all about air travel.

Business class return LA>Melbourne is about $7000

First class return LA>Melbourne is about $13000

Bullsh!t service by Quantas, and expected reaction from the folks in cattle class.

To put it in car context, its like buying a Ferrari, and having the dealer tell you 'Sorry we just gave away our last set of Ferrari luggage to the guy before you, how about a Samsonite carry-on?'

I am sure all the people buying a civic would laugh at the Ferrari guy who demanded he be given the original luggage too.

If I paid 13,000 for a flight (10x what most people are paying), and then got told my Akira Isogawa designed PJ's were not available, I would demand an immediate serving of four lobster tails and 2 bottles of dom to ease the pain.

Delaying (potentially) 400 peoples itineraries on the other hand; not cool.

Selanne_200 08-13-2012 09:01 AM

I understand where their frustration may come from, but seeing that there's nothing Quantas can do at that very moment, couldn't they just go with the business class pj, and request a set to be sent to their residence by mail at a later date? I'm sure not having the pj's for that one particular flight won't be crucial enough to delay 400 others

SkinnyPupp 08-13-2012 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hehe (Post 8000759)
I personally think Qantas is at fault. It doesn't matter whether they were revenue customer or not, one has to spend some serious dough before getting a first class ticket.

It shows the lack of professionalism of Qantas. For true top-tier airlines like Emirates, they always make sure first class passengers have every bit of attention to detail. I.E.: They make sure that everything on their menu is available for their first class passenger. So, one never has to make do with other selection if the person is flying first class on Emirates.

Yes they are at fault, but those people are still cunts.

If an airline fucks up and doesn't have pyjamas for rich people, OK that's a bad mark for them. Oops, bad service for 2 customers.

But those people are just cunts, and that's that.

Marco911 08-15-2012 12:24 AM

You don't pay upwards of $10K for a seat to have anything less than impeccable service.

Qantas dealt with it poorly.

Airline should have thrown a bunch of gifts to appease the passengers. Starting with a tin of caviar, a bottle of champagne, and a bunch of frequent flier points.

If all you can offer is business class pjs with nothing else to compensate, that is a poorly negotiated solution, and I can understand why the PAX stormed off in protest.

Qantas ended up spending a whole lot more than that for the extra fuel they had to burn to make up for the late departure.

I'm sure Singapore Airlines, Cathay, or Emirates would be pleased to have their business.

fetched 08-15-2012 01:14 AM

^
I agree on the basis if they were the only two passengers.

They were aware that their actions would result in the delay of departure of hundreds of passengers, I would probably just file a complaint prior or after the flight.

SkinnyPupp 08-15-2012 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marco911 (Post 8003911)
You don't pay upwards of $10K for a seat to have anything less than impeccable service.

Qantas dealt with it poorly.

Airline should have thrown a bunch of gifts to appease the passengers. Starting with a tin of caviar, a bottle of champagne, and a bunch of frequent flier points.

If all you can offer is business class pjs with nothing else to compensate, that is a poorly negotiated solution, and I can understand why the PAX stormed off in protest.

Qantas ended up spending a whole lot more than that for the extra fuel they had to burn to make up for the late departure.

I'm sure Singapore Airlines, Cathay, or Emirates would be pleased to have their business.

I don't disagree. They handled it poorly. But they don't come across nearly as bad as the passengers themselves. OK so Quantas fucked up, and don't have PJ's. And they didn't give you caviar and other stupid shit. Move on with your life and fly with another airline next time.

Except that's the difference between normal people and cunts.