REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2013, 03:39 PM   #26
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 857
Thanked 1,067 Times in 228 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by z-33 View Post
anybody know where i can download the first season? cant seem to find any torrents.

thanks
same, seems like an interesting show but can't find it anywhere. only found the australian ones
Advertisement
Shorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:52 PM   #27
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001
 
TypeRNammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 8,306
Thanked 2,632 Times in 754 Posts
Global tv should be airing it tonight at 7pm!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AK View Post
Or you meet some girl at the club, cum inside of her, find out shes only in grade 12, so you buy a Prada bag for her to make things right, she finds out the bag is a fake and decides to have the kid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:36 PM   #28
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS
 
JSALES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 11,580
Thanked 2,739 Times in 776 Posts
Saw one of my friend's caught on the show bahaha
Posted via RS Mobile
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:13 PM   #29
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!
 
J-Chow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Richmond
Posts: 844
Thanked 372 Times in 110 Posts
The guy with the baton lol?
J-Chow is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-09-2013, 05:55 PM   #30
10psi aint enough...
 
HondaGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,065
Thanked 433 Times in 208 Posts
Suppose to have a border crossing show this friday 7et/4pt...
But still searching digi box for channel.

Will report back tomorrow when schedule posted.

Cant wait to see... Looks interesting
Posted via RS Mobile
HondaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:05 PM   #31
rebuild you say?
 
Not really racist!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 11,150
Thanked 3,532 Times in 1,172 Posts
i love this series

damn

that dude with the undeclared 40g is lucky to only been fined level 1/ level A
__________________

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:02 PM   #32
VAC Head Rotang Mod
 
Raid3n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: GP
Posts: 10,378
Thanked 1,180 Times in 523 Posts
__________________
1990 FC3S
1984 GSX-R 400
2001 CBR600F4i

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Raid3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:24 PM   #33
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS
 
JSALES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 11,580
Thanked 2,739 Times in 776 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Chow View Post
The guy with the baton lol?
who knows, could be the guy with the 30 G's
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:33 PM   #34
Revscene.net has a homepage?!
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,242
Thanked 486 Times in 177 Posts
Maybe it was the guy that flipped out after he had to put his shit back together
jackmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:14 PM   #35
10psi aint enough...
 
HondaGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,065
Thanked 433 Times in 208 Posts
Found it... Channel 48, on at 4-5pm today.
Posted via RS Mobile
HondaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:24 PM   #36
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001
 
TypeRNammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 8,306
Thanked 2,632 Times in 754 Posts
Online petition launched to cancel "Border Security" TV show | News1130

You guys probably heard about this already.

CBSA and the TV show are getting in shit because they raided a couple of construction sites for illegal immigrants
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AK View Post
Or you meet some girl at the club, cum inside of her, find out shes only in grade 12, so you buy a Prada bag for her to make things right, she finds out the bag is a fake and decides to have the kid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:54 PM   #37
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!
 
Dragon-88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Van/Bur
Posts: 4,771
Thanked 1,317 Times in 419 Posts
Is there anywhere you can stream this show???
__________________
Cash Rules Everything Around Me!!!
My Buy/Sell Feedback Ratings

Current:
2001 Honda Odyssey (Toy Hauler/ bad weather DD)
2014 Honda Grom (Toy & Shenanigans)
Kayo MR125 Race Bike (MiniGP Racing)
1971 MG MGB Tourer (Budget Build/pleasure)

Past:
2009 Toyota Corolla CE (Donated to little sister)
2007 Honda Ruckus (Toy)
2007 Husqvarna SM610 SuperMoto (Wheelie Machine)
2001 Honda S2000 (Weekend/Track/AutoX)
Dragon-88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:57 PM   #38
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
jlenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Burnaby, BC
Posts: 3,562
Thanked 330 Times in 163 Posts
Youtube?

__________________
Don't be the next RS.net statistic - If you drink, don't drive. You'll lose your licence, and the rest of us will laugh at you.
jlenko is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-19-2013, 08:15 PM   #39
RS Peace Officer
 
zulutango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Vancouver Islan
Posts: 3,850
Thanked 1,623 Times in 678 Posts
The fact that the immigration lawyers are screaming out againt it makes me think the CBSA and the show producers did the right thing.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:15 PM   #40
Wanna have a threesome?
 
MindBomber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Squamish
Posts: 4,886
Thanked 5,052 Times in 1,656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post
The fact that the immigration lawyers are screaming out againt it makes me think the CBSA and the show producers did the right thing.
I dislike a significant contingent of immigration lawyers.

I strongly disagree with the premise of this show, however.

The featured foreign workers are not legal residents, but they are not criminals.

The workers emigrate from Guatemala, El Salvador, Mexico, and other countries ranking low on development indexes, because it enables them to change the lives of their entire families. They often have no family here, and no connection to home above a pre-paid calling card. They're subject to systemic abuse of labour standards, they take positions that very few citizens would accept, they're the downtrodden backbone of our agriculture, and, to a lesser extent, construction industries. They're good men, they're more hard working and reliable than anyone, they're content to lead simple lives to send savings home. They all pay consumption taxes, they willfully pay income tax. All that's of no consequence though, because the moment they're taken into immigration custody it ends. They've run out of time, they won't send money home again. That moment is one of the worst they'll ever experience. Can you imagine, your career summarily and (to an extent) arbitrarily ending?

The voyeuristic concept is only acceptable because they're not one of us.

They're not of us because they didn't come out ahead in the sperm lottery.

The show promotes xenophobia and takes advantage of a marginal population; subsequently, directing us towards broken American partisan immigration politics.

I sincerely hope, Vancouver City Council and neighboring municipalities pass bylaws to prevent the filming; Toronto has set precedence for it.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:23 PM   #41
.
 
jeedee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 8,725
Thanked 5,416 Times in 2,087 Posts
BandQueero's channel - YouTube

Uploaded season 1 episodes
__________________
Buy/Sell FeedBack: (21-0-1)
jeedee is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-19-2013, 09:28 PM   #42
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!
 
Yodamaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Burnaby, BC
Posts: 1,324
Thanked 1,481 Times in 465 Posts
At the same time, we have legal immigration methods in place for a reason. They might not be the criminals you grow up to fear, but the act of coming here to live illegally is a crime that should not be taken lightly.

To those who took the steps required to come here legally, it's a slap in the face, and I don't think that's fair. You can argue over human rights as much as you want, but slipping through the cracks to live here is not right.
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-19-2013, 09:47 PM   #43
Wanna have a threesome?
 
MindBomber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Squamish
Posts: 4,886
Thanked 5,052 Times in 1,656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodamaster View Post
At the same time, we have legal immigration methods in place for a reason. They might not be the criminals you grow up to fear, but the act of coming here to live illegally is a crime that should not be taken lightly.

To those who took the steps required to come here legally, it's a slap in the face, and I don't think that's fair. You can argue over human rights as much as you want, but slipping through the cracks to live here is not right.
I don't disagree; in today's global society, our level of opportunity and standard of living is a privilege not a fundamental right. It is therefore unfortunate, but ultimately necessary, to enforce immigration laws. It should be done with compassion though, because these men are victims and offenders simultaneously. The premise of this show could not be further from compassion. And once again, I'll say, only acceptable, because it features a marginal population.

Last edited by MindBomber; 03-21-2013 at 03:40 AM.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:53 AM   #44
RS controls my life!
 
jackal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 737
Thanked 275 Times in 78 Posts
they are still asked to sign waivers though... if they don't sign then they are blured out or the footage isn't used. so why is everyone complaining? they got caught and it just so happened to be while filming a tv show. doesn't mean they wouldn't have been caught if there was no show, and they had the right to opt out. i don't get it.
jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:50 PM   #45
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!
 
Soundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Abbotstan
Posts: 20,730
Thanked 12,144 Times in 3,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackal View Post
they are still asked to sign waivers though... if they don't sign then they are blured out or the footage isn't used. so why is everyone complaining? they got caught and it just so happened to be while filming a tv show. doesn't mean they wouldn't have been caught if there was no show, and they had the right to opt out. i don't get it.
You know... THIS, exactly. All this bleating about "privacy", NOBODY is shown or identified unless they agree to it.

The complainers make it sound like the whole show is about hunting down hoardes of illegal workers and taking them down in best COPS fashion - I think this is only the SECOND TIME the agents on this show have even looked at illegal immigrants, and in this case there was one particular person they were after, and merely stumbled across all the others.

This is a classic example the The Streisand Effect - you want your privacy? Congratulations, you just blew it for yourself. If you'd kept quiet, the episode would have aired months from now with everyone's identity hidden; instead, everyone now knows who you and your poor distraught families are. Good work, human rights advocates!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzira View Post
Does anyone know how many to a signature?
..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:52 PM   #46
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!
 
Soundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Abbotstan
Posts: 20,730
Thanked 12,144 Times in 3,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
The premise of this show could not be further from compassion. And once again, I'll say, only acceptable, because it features a marginal population.
And what exactly is the "premise of the show"? It's not "hunting illegal immigrants in the wild frontier of Canada", it's EVERYTHING that CBSA does. from watching for drug dealers and human traffickers, to checking that granny isn't bringing over her allowance of Washington state win across the border.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzira View Post
Does anyone know how many to a signature?
..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:51 AM   #47
.
 
jeedee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 8,725
Thanked 5,416 Times in 2,087 Posts
HNNNNNNGGG the female officers on this show....
Posted via RS Mobile
jeedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:37 AM   #48
Wanna have a threesome?
 
MindBomber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Squamish
Posts: 4,886
Thanked 5,052 Times in 1,656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackal View Post
they are still asked to sign waivers though... if they don't sign then they are blured out or the footage isn't used. so why is everyone complaining? they got caught and it just so happened to be while filming a tv show. doesn't mean they wouldn't have been caught if there was no show, and they had the right to opt out. i don't get it.
The waivers are not significant; its safe to assume, the men did not understand what they were reading. Migrant labourers possess limited English skills and are unfamiliar with our legal system. Unless a spanish speaking lawyer was present at the time of signing, I doubt they'd stand up to serious challenge. At my prior company, we laid off three migrant labourers; they were given ROEs and information on how to collect employment insurance. Despite several very thorough explanations, the guys would call or come into our office frequently for several weeks because they didn't really get it. The men in the show likely had a similar comprehension of the agreements.

The deportations are bound to happen, but the show turns them into a sideshow, and in doing so, takes advantage of the suffering of a vulnerable group.

Last edited by MindBomber; 03-21-2013 at 06:00 AM.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:57 AM   #49
RS controls my life!
 
jackal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 737
Thanked 275 Times in 78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
The waivers are not significant; its safe to assume, the men did not understand what they said. Migrant labourers possess limited English skills and are unfamiliar with our legal system. Unless a spanish speaking lawyer was present at the time of signing, I doubt they'd stand up to serious challenge. At my prior company, we laid off three migrant labourers; they were given ROEs and information on how to collect employment insurance. Despite several very thorough explanations, the guys would call or come into our office frequently for several weeks because they didn't really get it. The men in the show likely had a similar comprehension of what the agreements.

The deportations are bound to happen, but the show turns them into a sideshow, and in doing so, takes advantage of the suffering of a vulnerable group.

except the guy making all the huff and puff about this (the guy deported yesterday) spoke english just fine.
jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:28 AM   #50
Wanna have a threesome?
 
MindBomber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Squamish
Posts: 4,886
Thanked 5,052 Times in 1,656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackal View Post
except the guy making all the huff and puff about this (the guy deported yesterday) spoke english just fine.
Over the years, I've worked with about twenty migrant workers.

A few have been here for many years; through practice, they're experienced enough with English to hold a shallow conversation quite well. The type of conversation one might hold over lunch on a construction site. As soon as you begin discussing anything meaningful or complex, they glaze over or simply nod and agree (which they're able to do surprisingly convincingly). They don't have an opportunity to practice reading and writing, so those skills never develop. I work with one who has been here for over a decade; he's pretty capable with spoken English, but I need to draw an x to mark a destination on a map, because he can't read street names. The adage, never sign something you haven't read, is quite pertinent, because these guys can't read what they're signing.

I haven't watched the show, so I didn't see the people speaking, but unless their English abilities are dramatic departures from my experience, what you saw doesn't refute my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
And what exactly is the "premise of the show"? It's not "hunting illegal immigrants in the wild frontier of Canada", it's EVERYTHING that CBSA does. from watching for drug dealers and human traffickers, to checking that granny isn't bringing over her allowance of Washington state win across the border.
Apologies; the noun "show" takes singular and plural forms, and I intended the former of the two. To be clear, "premise of the episode."

Last edited by MindBomber; 03-21-2013 at 07:04 AM.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net