REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-26-2012, 11:02 AM   #26
Rs has made me the man i am today!

The worst saki/rice wines make awesome tasting miso clams or mussels!
Advertisement
optiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:05 AM   #27
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,430 Times in 1,236 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
The best stuff is made with apple's and cinnamon with after taste being like hot apple pie but better.

I'm going to be doing a batch of Apple Pie this year. I'll let you know how it goes.

That stuff sneaks up on you.
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 06:17 PM   #28
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,058 Times in 4,015 Posts
Please let me know. I would be even willing to help donate to cover your costs
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:06 PM   #29

Thanked 9,333 Times in 2,158 Posts
you should split the first bottle with me lets get H.A.M
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:21 PM   #30
In RS I Trust

I only have the last bottle
Old 08-26-2012, 08:24 PM   #31
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post

In Japan, there is no such thing as 'Sake.' Well, there is, it just means alcohol. Beer, wine, vodka, all fall into the 'Sake' category.
and in russia "vodka" is a pet name for water. true story. shows u how fucked up we are lol

anyway i had this chinese stuff twice before and i think its easily my least favorite hard liquor that ive ever had...definitely would not be able to drink more than a shot of this, if esn that blech
drunkrussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:31 PM   #32
In RS I Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkrussian View Post
and in russia "vodka" is a pet name for water. true story. shows u how fucked up we are lol

anyway i had this chinese stuff twice before and i think its easily my least favorite hard liquor that ive ever had...definitely would not be able to drink more than a shot of this, if esn that blech
Vodka is water in Russia, I had a 355ml can of vodka called Black Death and it only cost $075 in Kazakhstan.

Vansterdam I have a bottle of everclear we can drink
Old 08-26-2012, 08:44 PM   #33

Thanked 9,333 Times in 2,158 Posts
i have a bottle of everclear myself from 2 years ago i was suppose to make some 'green dragons' but got lazy lol

How to Make "Green Dragon"

you should make some green dragons with your bottle and well drink it together when its done

I suggest the stove method+increase the herb ammount if you got a safe place to do it
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-26-2012, 09:07 PM   #34
In RS I Trust

thats fucken wild, I havent even heard of that before.
Old 08-26-2012, 09:56 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
If we want to get technical, it's not actually a type of alcohol either.

In Japan, there is no such thing as 'Sake.' Well, there is, it just means alcohol. Beer, wine, vodka, all fall into the 'Sake' category.
if we want to get technical there is 'osake' and 'sake' in japan. the o makes the sake honorable and therefore mostly referred to as the historical kind which is what we refer to as 'sake'. sake in japan is basically just anything with alcohol in it. massive amounts of knowledge acquired at nomikai / nomihoudai, gaijinnn powaa.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:30 AM   #36
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaz View Post
if we want to get technical there is 'osake' and 'sake' in japan. the o makes the sake honorable and therefore mostly referred to as the historical kind which is what we refer to as 'sake'. sake in japan is basically just anything with alcohol in it. massive amounts of knowledge acquired at nomikai / nomihoudai, gaijinnn powaa.
Massive amounts of something may have been acquired, but Japanese knowledge is not one of them.

'o' in front of sake turns it into the honorific form, yes. That's the form you would use with strangers, your boss, or any j-girl you want to nanpa.

That's it. No one in Japan (except you?) thinks o-sake means nihon-shu.
Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:39 AM   #37

go live there for an extended amount of time. youll see, things change there pretty commonly with slang and generations meanings of words. even 'sake' is barely used to refer to different types of alcohol now unless generally being asked if you were drinking last night. although at the same time each prefecture has a different way not all ways are the same.

Last edited by dbaz; 08-27-2012 at 07:13 AM.
dbaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:10 AM   #38
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaz View Post
go live there for an extended amount of time. youll see, things change there pretty commonly with slang and generations meanings of words. even 'sake' is barely used to refer to different types of alcohol now unless generally being asked if you were drinking last night. although at the same time each prefecture has a different way not all ways are the same.
WTF are you talking about? Seriously dude.

Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:04 AM   #39
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,187 Times in 545 Posts
Moutai is something the older folk like to drink. That was like the weapon of choice when I was in Taiwan/Shanghai. The use super mini glasses though, so technically they don't down a whole lot each time.

But they can run super expensive in Asia depending on year I think. BC Liquor lists Moutai at $70.
Expresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:34 PM   #40
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,582 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HachiSix View Post
Moutai is something the older folk like to drink. That was like the weapon of choice when I was in Taiwan/Shanghai. The use super mini glasses though, so technically they don't down a whole lot each time.

But they can run super expensive in Asia depending on year I think. BC Liquor lists Moutai at $70.
its also basic the the series as well which is why every series has a diffrent price

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote