REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-02-2012, 05:44 PM   #26
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

.doublepost.
Advertisement

Cars:
02' Lexus IS300 5spd
07' BMW 323iA
05' BMW Z4 5spd
06' BMW 330i 6spd
10' Audi A4 quattro
08' BMW M3 6spd
15' Kawasaki Ninja300
08' Yamaha R6
10' Honda Ridgeline
17' Audi Q5
16' BMW X5D

bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:45 PM   #27
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme S View Post
IIRC it was two drivers involved in the incident, but only the one who spun out of control was charged with the woman's death; the other only with MVA violations. So one guy got deported and the other got a heavy slap on the wrist.

But it was a long time ago, and my brain is aging fast.
I recall the case, her name was Irene Thorpe.

Cars:
02' Lexus IS300 5spd
07' BMW 323iA
05' BMW Z4 5spd
06' BMW 330i 6spd
10' Audi A4 quattro
08' BMW M3 6spd
15' Kawasaki Ninja300
08' Yamaha R6
10' Honda Ridgeline
17' Audi Q5
16' BMW X5D

bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:49 PM   #28
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,841 Times in 386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme S View Post
IIRC it was two drivers involved in the incident, but only the one who spun out of control was charged with the woman's death; the other only with MVA violations. So one guy got deported and the other got a heavy slap on the wrist.

But it was a long time ago, and my brain is aging fast.
was this the one with the Porsche?
k3lv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:12 PM   #29
Not a mod

Camaro
Posted via RS Mobile
SoulCrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:32 PM   #30
Banned By Establishment

Be a bad mother fucker because the good die young
Jason00S2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:58 PM   #31
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 3,712 Times in 467 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by canali View Post
well this dude was finally found guilty...remember reading of this case and how his buddy, Sukdeep Grewal
in the car with him at the time, LIED and said he doesn't recall dhillon engaging in any 'let's race' contact

Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:18 PM   #32
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah Dean View Post
Sad thing is nothing will happen, maybe a suspended license and some sort of house arrest. Bloody BS laws in this country.

I don't know if you realize the psychological toll of the public shaming he must be feeling from this.

I mean, even if you were accused of a crime, say, you had a literal twin caught on camera assaulting or killing someone. Even if you knew without a doubt that the court case would result in your innocence, having to go through the process of being tried and being accused of something so horrible, would take it's toll I think.

I wonder if his family has cast him out, if he holds a job, etc etc. You don't really know if the guy is sorry or not unless you get a peek inside their lives, maybe he is more devastated than you can imagine. Such a simply dumb, testosterone-filled moment and your life will absolutely never be the same.

Fuck, what if the axle on my Supra blew out during one of my idiot drives on highway 99 late at night, I could have theoretically slid across the median and into oncoming traffic and killed someone. Granted, there was maybe 1-2 cars driving at that time of night, but it could have happened. I don't know if I could recover from that if I had killed someone accidentally, my personality would never feel good about itself.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:13 PM   #33
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason00S2000 View Post
I don't know if you realize the psychological toll of the public shaming he must be feeling from this.

I mean, even if you were accused of a crime, say, you had a literal twin caught on camera assaulting or killing someone. Even if you knew without a doubt that the court case would result in your innocence, having to go through the process of being tried and being accused of something so horrible, would take it's toll I think.

I wonder if his family has cast him out, if he holds a job, etc etc. You don't really know if the guy is sorry or not unless you get a peek inside their lives, maybe he is more devastated than you can imagine. Such a simply dumb, testosterone-filled moment and your life will absolutely never be the same.

Fuck, what if the axle on my Supra blew out during one of my idiot drives on highway 99 late at night, I could have theoretically slid across the median and into oncoming traffic and killed someone. Granted, there was maybe 1-2 cars driving at that time of night, but it could have happened. I don't know if I could recover from that if I had killed someone accidentally, my personality would never feel good about itself.
He deserves it every bit. How would you feel if someone did this to your loved one?
vantrip is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-04-2012, 04:07 AM   #34
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantrip View Post
He deserves it every bit. How would you feel if someone did this to your loved one?

I'm not saying he doesn't, I'm just saying he's being punished psychologically already
Old 12-04-2012, 07:37 AM   #35
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,120 Times in 280 Posts
I just want to confirm something here..
he did something stupid which resulted in involuntary manslaughter
he stopped when he realized what he had done and tried to help
did he plead guilty?
seems like deportation would be a nice option for him rather than life in prison

maybe I don't fully understand the entire story and of course if it were my family member, I would want him hung at the gallows. but if he did turn himself in, admitted to the crime, doesn't he deserve some amount understanding there? otherwise what are we as a society saying? just run next time and if you don't get caught you're good? the other unidendified party is probably having the time of his life
Posted via RS Mobile
duy- is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-05-2012, 04:01 PM   #36
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

RE: the other unidendified party is probably having the time of his life."

somehow i don't think so, if he's a normal human being...must be shitting his pants to some extent...also no doubt hopefully feels shit that his stupid actions contributed to the grissly and violent death of an innocent old man.

but i have a question: there must be an icbc database of all cars...you'd think the cops would be able to nail down all drivers who have a yellow corvette...not that many around the local mainland, i'm sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duy- View Post
I just want to confirm something here..
he did something stupid which resulted in involuntary manslaughter
he stopped when he realized what he had done and tried to help
did he plead guilty?
seems like deportation would be a nice option for him rather than life in prison

maybe I don't fully understand the entire story and of course if it were my family member, I would want him hung at the gallows. but if he did turn himself in, admitted to the crime, doesn't he deserve some amount understanding there? otherwise what are we as a society saying? just run next time and if you don't get caught you're good? the other unidendified party is probably having the time of his life
Posted via RS Mobile
canali is offline   Reply With Quote