REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 03-31-2022, 11:35 AM   #2676
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 3,927 Times in 1,873 Posts
Plus one for minority hiring as HC ... Todd Bowles.
Advertisement
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 09:22 AM   #2677
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,478 Times in 1,679 Posts
Sad news for the Steelers. RIP Haskins.

Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Dwayne Haskins died Saturday morning after he was hit by a vehicle in South Florida, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported. He was 24.
The Steelers confirmed Haskins' passing.
"I am devastated and at a loss for words with the unfortunate passing of Dwayne Haskins," Pittsburgh head coach Mike Tomlin said in a statement. "He quickly became part of our Steelers family upon his arrival in Pittsburgh and was one of our hardest workers, both on the field and in our community. Dwayne was a great teammate, but even more so a tremendous friend to so many. I am truly heartbroken.

"Our thoughts and prayers are with his wife, Kalabrya, and his entire family during this difficult time."

Apparently, a dump truck hit Haskins when he went out of his car after his car ran out of gas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-09-2022, 10:47 AM   #2678
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,506 Times in 1,688 Posts
^Jeez imagine being the driver of that truck, traumatic stuff.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 01:59 PM   #2679
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,775 Times in 8,169 Posts
wtfffffffffffffffffffff
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 08:23 PM   #2680

NFL draft used to be such a big deal but I didn't even hear about it till like Sportscenter tonight. Some trades ... nothing big ... Steelers drafted Pickett.

Ravens traded Marquis Brown ...

Lamar not very happy.

Old 04-28-2022, 09:21 PM   #2681

Yeah that was a shocking trade for sure... Makes sense when you think of it though, and most fans are happy about the draft.

Hollywood was never going to stay after next year; there's no way the Ravens could pay him what he would want while still paying Lamar. So they got value from him now while they could, a first round pick at around the same point they picked him.

Sucks to lose him early though, probably the best Ravens WR ever (that's not saying a lot though). His hands were better for the first part of last season, but he started dropping again.. I'll always remember that Browns game where Lamar came out of the locker room, bypassed an easy first down to hit Marquise deep, after Marquise had 2 bad drops already in the game, and hits him for a TD and one of the best MNF games ever.

Not sure about Lamar's tweet, he would have known about the trade pretty early on, but he tweeted that after they picked the center. Maybe he was expecting them to take a WR to replace Brown, or just slept in and found out later? I don't know. He did tweet this after

Edit: Most likely he tweeted 'wtf' when he found out Hollywood had already left Vegas, and by the time the trade was publicly announced, he was was in Phoenix being introduced to his new team.

They'll be fine, they got 2 great picks - a top safety prospect and the top center who is crazy athletic

I think on paper the Jets won the draft overall... They got 3 guys who most ranked as top 10 picks. I liked the Jags picks too, especially trading for another 1st rounder to pick up an LB
Old 04-29-2022, 04:30 AM   #2682
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Hated what the Vikings got for dropping 20 spots, we got a 3rd and moved up 10 spots in the 2nd. It should have been swap 1sts plus we get their second no swap. I didn't mind the pick but if they wanted a safety the best one in the draft was there at 12 and if you are trading back you don't get fleeced by a division rival. A bad start for the new GM IMO.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 04:58 PM   #2683

Draft grades across all NFL media.. Of course none of this means any of these will pan out; it's just based on the information we have today...

Old 06-27-2022, 10:10 PM   #2684

That's it for this guy. There's no way he'll ever play a game. They can't do more than 1 season at a time due to the CBA, but this will most likely be a defacto permanent suspension. Just suspend him indefinitely at the beginning of every season. NFLPA will fight it, but they can't win due to the CBA - NFL has final say no matter what. That's how Tom eventually lost to "Deflate Gate" after going through the US Court of Appeals.

Browns are such a joke of an organization, giving up so much to bring him in with all the accusations. One or two is one thing (still bad, but who really knows?), but 26 (and still going up)? Stay away from that guy. And they had to give up so much compared to any other team just because they are have such a shit reputation. 220 million or whatever, all fully guaranteed, and all their draft picks which will certainly be high. They finally had someone who was starting to turn things around for them, and they just basically ditched him for a serial sex offender. WTF?

Also, the fact that they planned for a 1 year suspension is just gross.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-28-2022, 06:33 AM   #2685

^ the entire front office should be fired for this. And the owner should be ran out of town ... but to see this shitshow unravel is good for the division, Cleveland in the basement for the next decade .
This post thanked by:
Old 06-28-2022, 11:37 AM   #2686

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
https://www.twitter.com/MaryKayCabot...00626794274816

That's it for this guy. There's no way he'll ever play a game. They can't do more than 1 season at a time due to the CBA, but this will most likely be a defacto permanent suspension. Just suspend him indefinitely at the beginning of every season. NFLPA will fight it, but they can't win due to the CBA - NFL has final say no matter what. That's how Tom eventually lost to "Deflate Gate" after going through the US Court of Appeals.

Browns are such a joke of an organization, giving up so much to bring him in with all the accusations. One or two is one thing (still bad, but who really knows?), but 26 (and still going up)? Stay away from that guy. And they had to give up so much compared to any other team just because they are have such a shit reputation. 220 million or whatever, all fully guaranteed, and all their draft picks which will certainly be high. They finally had someone who was starting to turn things around for them, and they just basically ditched him for a serial sex offender. WTF?

Also, the fact that they planned for a 1 year suspension is just gross.
I don't think it happens, I mean the auto re-suspending him year after year. It's probably one year as long as no other things happen, if he ends up getting criminally charged or if more girls come out of the wood works I could see them extending it but if this is the end of the accusations I think he plays in 2023.

Don't get me wrong, I'm in the where there is that much smoke there has to be fire, suspend this guy forever camp. Regardless, stupid trade by the Browns and the fact they paid him all that money guaranteed and his salary this year is only 1 million, they are accomplices in this cover up as are the Texans, both these organizations are ridiculous.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
Old 06-28-2022, 03:07 PM   #2687
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,031 Times in 2,071 Posts
Nefarious Football League

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 04:02 PM   #2688

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
I don't think it happens, I mean the auto re-suspending him year after year. It's probably one year as long as no other things happen, if he ends up getting criminally charged or if more girls come out of the wood works I could see them extending it but if this is the end of the accusations I think he plays in 2023.

Don't get me wrong, I'm in the where there is that much smoke there has to be fire, suspend this guy forever camp. Regardless, stupid trade by the Browns and the fact they paid him all that money guaranteed and his salary this year is only 1 million, they are accomplices in this cover up as are the Texans, both these organizations are ridiculous.
Maybe I'm being too hopeful, but this one seems different than any other case they've had. I guess I'll have a better feel of what they might do in the actual preseason next year. But it feels like they want to finally set an example.

I don't know how bad the owner gets fucked.. Maybe he can cancel the contract somehow if he gets double suspended. That would make it more likely, because the league is all about protecting the owners.
Old 07-06-2022, 04:01 PM   #2689

Panthers took Baker Mayfield for a conditional 5th round pick. Browns paying $10 million of his salary, Panthers paying $5 mil and he took a $3.5 million pay cut

Game 1 of the season: Panthers vs Browns
Old 07-06-2022, 04:58 PM   #2690

^ Yah ... Browns had to bend over big time. Now watch Deshaun Watson get suspended for a year and Browns left with no one.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-21-2022, 10:41 AM   #2691
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,478 Times in 1,679 Posts
Talk about a team over paying for a QB.

Cardinals sign Kyler Murray to a 5 year, 230.5 million US extension. 160 million guaranteed. ---second highest paid QB in the league now at an average of 46.1 million per season.

There is no way that Murray is worth Mahomey money.

Cardinals are screwing up the pay scale for NFL teams in terms of QB contracts now with this bloated contract.

Last edited by pastarocket; 07-21-2022 at 11:35 AM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-21-2022, 01:12 PM   #2692

^ at least Murray can play and try to earn that contract ... you got bozo owners like Cleveland who guarantees the full contract on DeShaun Watson ... WTF?! Some real stupid shit. How the hell anyone can afford a ticket to go and see an NFL game, I'll never know. Hillbillies mortgaging their house and running up their credit cards to have a Sunday experience.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-21-2022, 04:13 PM   #2693

That's insane for Murray who always slows down halfway through a season, and had a complete meltdown in the playoffs

I expect Lamar's contract to be somewhere in between his and Deshaun's. Lamar's goal will be above Deshaun's, but it might take a Super Bowl win to get that (which I think is why he hasn't signed yet, and will probably be willing to play on franchise tags to get there)

And Herbert and Burrow might be above that lol
Old 08-01-2022, 06:00 AM   #2694

Well there you have it, Ridley out here getting suspended for 1 year for betting on a game he has no influence over well on IR and Watson gets 6 games. I realize he was never charged but way too much smoke not to be fire, sure maybe a few of those girls were on the money train but nobody is going to convince me he didn't cross the line and deserve more.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nfl/article...-games-by-nfl/

Quote:
Cleveland Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson was suspended without pay for six games Monday for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy following accusations of sexual misconduct made against him by two dozen women in Texas, two people familiar with the decision said.

The people spoke on condition of anonymity because the decision had not been publicly released. Watson, who played for four seasons with Houston before being traded to Cleveland in March, recently settled 23 of 24 lawsuits filed by women alleging sexual harassment and assault during massage therapy appointments in 2020 and 2021.

The NFL has three days to appeal the decision by disciplinary officer Sue L. Robinson. The NFL Players' Association already stated it would abide by her ruling. If either side appeals, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell or someone he designates will make the decision, per terms of the collective bargaining agreement. The union then could try to challenge that ruling in federal court.

The league had pushed for an indefinite suspension of at least one year and at least a $5 million fine for the 26-year-old Watson during a three-day hearing before Robinson in June.

Watson can continue to practice and play in exhibition games before his suspension begins the first week of the regular season. He would be eligible to return on Oct. 23 when the Browns play at Baltimore.

Watson, who signed a fully guaranteed $230 million, five-year contract, will lose only $345,000 if the suspension is unchanged because his base salary this season is $1.035 million. His $45 million signing bonus is not affected by the suspension.

After learning the ruling was imminent, the NFLPA issued a joint statement with Watson on Sunday night, saying they will not appeal Robinson's ruling and urged the league to follow suit.

This post thanked by:
Old 08-01-2022, 07:23 AM   #2695

Are you fucking kidding me... It's not really over though just yet

Him being suspended at all will allow the NFL to set a different suspension if they want... This is basically a confirmation that he deserves to be suspended, the NFLPA acknowledged it, and they can now set a higher amount if they want (which will then be appealed but hopefully to no avail)
This post thanked by:
Old 08-01-2022, 07:49 AM   #2696

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Are you fucking kidding me... It's not really over though just yet

Him being suspended at all will allow the NFL to set a different suspension if they want... This is basically a confirmation that he deserves to be suspended, the NFLPA acknowledged it, and they can now set a higher amount if they want (which will then be appealed but hopefully to no avail)
I don't know if they can appeal, NFL didn't come up with the suspension an arbitrator did.

Edit: I started looking this up, I guess they can appeal and I hope they do. Lots of outrage out there, if they can they probably do.

Last edited by quasi; 08-01-2022 at 08:05 AM.
Old 08-01-2022, 08:04 AM   #2697

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
I don't know if they can appeal, NFL didn't come up with the suspension an arbitrator did.
Right but it's not binding, they can set any suspension they want now. Calvin Ridley went through arbitration, they gave him 6 games, and NFL suspended him for a year.

This was for gambling $1500 in games he wasn't involved in, btw
Old 08-01-2022, 05:55 PM   #2698

Probably the best <2 minute explanation you'll see on this

This post thanked by:
Old 08-01-2022, 10:50 PM   #2699

Listening to the Around the NFL Podcast (and if you're ever looking for something new to listen to I HIGHLY recommend it)

Some quick notes I think are important:

Most importantly, this wasn't arbitration, and the judge's 6 day suspension isn't binding - it is a recommendation.

As mentioned before, now that there's a recommendation, the NFL can appeal to change it to whatever they want. During this process, they have been recommending a 1 year suspension. So they have 3 days to change it to that.

The judging process, as menioned in the video above, found that Watson was indeed doing all this heinous stuff that he was accused of. Watson's lawyers, in agreeing with this decision, are basically admiting to it as well.

It still has to go through officially, but this 6 day thing isn't final, and I still expect it'll be 1 year once all is said and done. Hopefully they can suspend him again after that as well, and continue to do so until he retires.
Old 08-02-2022, 02:45 PM   #2700
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,098 Times in 4,998 Posts
The shocking thing I find with this too is that they structured Watson's contract precisely so he wouldn't lose any money... I was reading that his actual salary for this season is only a bit over a million, so if he gets suspended for 6 games he only loses like $400k or something??? Keeps his $45M signing bonus and his salary goes up ^^^^^ like crazy in all the years after.

Absolutely ludicrous ducking of morality by the Browns organization. Basically saying they don't care what he did, they just want him as their QB.
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: