REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 10-14-2022, 06:29 PM   #2826
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Bucs are def not mediocre but yeah, he is. But with an insanely good O line and great defense and great receivers, a Game Manager can still go all the way, and there's never been a better Game Manager than Brady.

But he takes up mind space which is annoying. Just go away lol
Advertisement
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 12:17 PM   #2827

What a day for the underdogs! Holy shit

Lamar threw the game away. cost them 2 FGs at the beginning of the game, and then back to back turnovers at the end. Too bad. Still had some amazing plays though. Get him some fucking WRs, there's like a week left to make a trade

Giants D were playing out of their minds.
Old 10-16-2022, 12:20 PM   #2828
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,003 Times in 1,908 Posts
K, comments for the first round of games in week.

1. TB 18 - Steelers 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Bucs are def not mediocre but yeah, he is.
Not sure if you want to run that back bro ... Bucs lost to the lowly Steelers! If that is not mediocre ...

2. Whenever GB lose, it's always a good week ... thank you Jets for making my day!

3. Cleveland & Baltimore loses, Cincy wins. Again, no one really wants this AFC North division. Wonder if Lamar wants to run it back and secure a contract extension even after the season has started.

4. Next is the KC vs. Buff, game that everyone has been waiting for ... I think Bills is sick of losing to the Chiefs and wins this shootout. This is the season that they eclipse them and rep AFC in the SB.
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-16-2022, 12:27 PM   #2829

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
K, comments for the first round of games in week.

1. TB 18 - Steelers 20
Not sure if you want to run that back bro ... Bucs lost to the lowly Steelers! If that is not mediocre ...

2. Whenever GB lose, it's always a good week ... thank you Jets for making my day!

3. Cleveland & Baltimore loses, Cincy wins. Again, no one really wants this AFC North division. Wonder if Lamar wants to run it back and secure a contract extension even after the season has started.

4. Next is the KC vs. Buff, game that everyone has been waiting for ... I think Bills is sick of losing to the Chiefs and wins this shootout. This is the season that they eclipse them and rep AFC in the SB.
No I don't want to run it back lol.. Just about any team can beat any team in the NFL, even as big underdogs. Jags beat the Bills last season, one of their 3 wins!

Brady is having a rough year, and I think it goes beyond football. I don't think he'll finish the season

Love Packers losing too! GO JETS!

Lamar bet on himself, and can still win it all if everything works out. He'll be fine. Get him some damn receivers. Bateman needs to come back asap but with a foot injury, who knows...

Going to bed now, 4:30am. Sucks to go to bed at this time after a loss.. Will watch the Bills/Chiefs game in the morning and maybe blow through SNF quickly after that

Enjoy the rest of your day!
Old 10-16-2022, 04:40 PM   #2830

No you're actually not! You're just mediocre. Don't dump your frustrations with your wife on your team mates.

Brady with a sideline pep talk to teammates - "You’re so much better than the way you’re f–king playing.”

This post thanked by:
Old 10-16-2022, 11:03 PM   #2831

Brady is turning into a disaster and I am so here for it. Maybe he should show up to practice?

Bills vs Chiefs delivered! Close game back and forth right to the end when Mahomes goes into hero mode and gives up a bad pick. Where else have I seen that?
Old 10-17-2022, 12:11 AM   #2832

"How about a little taste of Landon Dickerson coming down your throat?"

Call of the year by Chris Colinsworth as I watch the Eagles game. And yes, Dickerson is #69

This game was looking like a blowout but the Cowboys are fighting back! Watching 4th quarter now but had to post that

Edit; And that's game. Eagles 6-0!

Looks like the Cooper Rush era might be over.. Although they play the Lions next week and then the Bears and a bye, so there's no reason to end it just yet.

This year has been crazy so far. There's the Bills and Chiefs, then there's everyone else trying to figure shit out. Eagles are on top of the rest. Vikings, Giants and Jets can hang in games and win them.

AFC North, NFC South, NFC West have no teams with winning records!

AFC East has no teams with a losing record!

Several teams have records worse than their play. Ravens, Raiders, Browns, Lions

Some teams have records way better than their play: Dolphins, Colts, Titoons, Bucs, Rams, Jets

Crazy year, it's fun to watch
Old 10-17-2022, 07:56 PM   #2833
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

NFL miscalculated so much on give all the prime time games to Denver Broncos

so Damn Boring. Game after Game
Old 10-17-2022, 09:08 PM   #2834

Everyone thought Russ would "cook" in Denver. I guess they hadn't been paying attention to his last few years in Seattle, or assumed it was all due to injury (it wasn't)

Sucks for them because their defense is INSANE. They've only allowed 6 touchdowns ALL YEAR

1 TD per game allowed and they are 2-4!
Old 10-18-2022, 05:48 PM   #2835

Half his team won't even look him in the eye

This post thanked by:
Old 10-18-2022, 06:08 PM   #2836

^ still trying to be the cheerleader. Russell ... you're losing the locker room's confidence.
Old 10-18-2022, 06:53 PM   #2837

I watched it again and the guys who are ignoring him are mostly defensive linemen, but some offensive line as well, including the center which is pretty awkward

Can't blame the defense for not being happy with him.. They are playing lights out
Old 10-20-2022, 07:24 PM   #2838
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Panthers are trading Christian McCaffrey to the 49ers

I guess better than LA get him
Old 10-20-2022, 08:44 PM   #2839

They traded all the draft picks they got for other teams hiring their coaches. They got him for $1 million this year in a "win it all" year. Next year he's due $11 million and they'll need to make some moves.

Insane deal for them!
This post thanked by:
Old 10-21-2022, 11:30 AM   #2840
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,575 Times in 1,719 Posts
Adopting the Rams style of all-in to win it.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 12:05 PM   #2841

But I don't really see SF as missing that one piece that will put them in that high echelon ... Jimmy G is way too inconsistent. We shall see if they end up in the final 4 or the final 2 teams left.
Old 10-21-2022, 03:56 PM   #2842

McC makes Jimmy G even less relevant. They have so many options now since everyone is so versatile. Two GREAT RBs that can catch, a WR that can be an RB, a FB that can also be an RB or TE. Shanahan will be loving this! Teams won't know what hit them.

As long as the O line holds up and does their part.
Old 10-23-2022, 12:16 PM   #2843

PACKERS LOSE

BUCS LOSE! 0 TDS

RAVENS WIN! ALMOST AN EPIC MELTDOWN BUT DEFENSE PULLED IT OUT AND THE BROWNS HAD A DUMB PENALTY ON THE GAME TYING FG

Jags about to lose

LET'S GO JETS!
This post thanked by:
Old 10-23-2022, 01:13 PM   #2844
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,495 Times in 1,692 Posts
The Official *NFL* thread

Quote:
PACKERS LOSE

BUCS LOSE! 0 TDS

RAVENS WIN! ALMOST AN EPIC MELTDOWN BUT DEFENSE PULLED IT OUT AND THE BROWNS HAD A DUMB PENALTY ON THE GAME TYING FG

Jags about to lose

LET'S GO JETS!

Thank you to playnow.com for a free sport bet play ($20) and the Panthers beating the Bucs.

I won $84 thanks to the Money line odds on play now.com after the Panthers victory today.

Thank you Panthers!

My Pats play against the Bears on Monday Night Football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-23-2022, 01:21 PM   #2845

Quote:
BUCS LOSE! 0 TDS
Quote:
Bucs are def not mediocre
to the mighty Panthers! Still think they are not mediocre ... haha.

You knew I'd come back to remind you about this one, didn't you!

Last edited by whitev70r; 10-23-2022 at 01:44 PM.
Old 10-23-2022, 06:02 PM   #2846

Week 7 observations:

Seattle > LA ... not bad, you're doing a LOT better than Russell Wilson's team.

KC > SF ... this is what it's like playing with top contender. Not sure McCaffery is going to get you to that level ... and you mortgaged the farm.

NYJ > Den - QB Wilson wins, unfortunately, it's the other Wilson on the other team.

WSH > GB ... Good job Generals! Final play was college like ... working for a good long while until Rodgers got the ball and threw it out of bounds ... .

Bal > Cle - comedy of errors, Bal with a late fumble, bad call by refs puts Cle out of FG range to tie the game. When you need the refs to help you win, you're mediocre.

Car > TB ... Tom, please ... hang it up and go back to your wife and say sorry, you were wrong.
Old 10-23-2022, 11:34 PM   #2847

The false start call on Cleveland wasn't a bad call or remotely controversial. He moved the ball a few inches when he did the head bob. That is called 1000 times out of 1000 if it causes the defense to move. It's possible that since the commentators missed it, most fans did too because they didn't go back to look at it, or if they did they were blinded by rage? I dunno.. Just look and see for yourself.

People want so bad for it to be a bad call for some reason, even though there are a million ACTUAL bad calls every week to complain about... Refs were actually decent in this game for once. They did announce the wrong number

Tough divisional game that I would have assumed a loss, but they fought through and won it. Pat Ricard had a hell of a game... That guy is a freak and an amazing player.

I got bamboozled into watching the Jets game... Zack Wilson is not the guy long term. Broncos defense is very good but he gets lost out there at times.

Dolphins are the most overrated team in the league and that game was fucking BORING but at least the Steelers didn't win
Old 10-24-2022, 06:53 PM   #2848

Holy shit does BB train his QBs to kick guys in the nuts when they slide? I am only in the 2nd quarter now and Mac Jones just kicked the Bears safety in the nuts on a slide, just like Brady did to Ed Reed long ago! It was even more obvious than Brady, picking his foot up to hit him right in the balls... Imagine if he didn't jump!

That's certainly a fine, do you think they'll suspend him too?

edit: AND THE SAFETY GETS A PICK RIGHT AFTER THIS!!!

edit: AND THEY BRING OUT ZAPPE TO A HUGE OVATION! THEY GO NUTS FOR A 4 YARD RECEPTION!! THE ZAPP ATTACKK IS REAL

edit: AND ZAPPE INSTANTLY THROWS A BOMB TD!

Ok this game is fun now, I'm going to pay full attention to it

QB controversy?
Old 10-24-2022, 08:53 PM   #2849

QB controversy averted
Old 10-25-2022, 07:15 AM   #2850
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,495 Times in 1,692 Posts
Skinnypup, I think that with Mac returning from an ankle sprain injury would mean that he would be more cautious with those types of plays. -guess not.

Sticking his leg out is definitely conduct that may warrant a league review for a fine or suspension.

Bears outplayed the Pats on all facets of the game.

Was it really foggy at Gillette stadium last night? It was a bit hard to watch the game with what looks like fog at Foxborough.