REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 08-18-2022, 04:52 PM   #2726
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
And you say I'm predictable
Advertisement
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 08:07 PM   #2727
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 3,980 Times in 1,896 Posts
Massage loving boy who grabs masseuse T&A gets 11 games suspension and $5M fine.
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 07:22 AM   #2728
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,487 Times in 1,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
Massage loving boy who grabs masseuse T&A gets 11 games suspension and $5M fine.
"Rub and Tug" boy is eligible to play his first game in week 13 against the Texans after serving his suspension.

Is that a coincidence?
Old 08-19-2022, 08:35 AM   #2729

^ ratings!
Old 08-19-2022, 10:05 AM   #2730
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,558 Times in 1,709 Posts
I think that's fair enough, Skinny thinking this guy will be banned from the NFL in perpetuity until he's forced to retire

Come on.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-22-2022, 11:06 AM   #2731

Baker Mayfield plays for the Panthers as starting QB now.

No surprise with this announcement from the Panthers.

Last edited by pastarocket; 08-22-2022 at 11:20 AM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 03:05 PM   #2732

Season opener should be fun. Too bad it's not in Cleveland
Old 08-23-2022, 02:27 PM   #2733
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,393 Times in 5,088 Posts
Season is coming!!!!

Was walking the trails at UBC this weekend in my Denver Broncos t-shirt (just a blue shirt with a giant D with the snorting horse) and this lady was like "Woooohooo Broncos I have the exact same shirt!!" and I was like "Yah pretty excited... Russell Wilson!" and she was like "You know what they say about guys with the big D shirt!!" and I was like "What does it mean when you wear it then?" and she just laughed.

Crazy how NFL has so many fans here with no teams.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-23-2022, 05:57 PM   #2734

Is this source reliable? Reason why Jackson hasn't signed yet ...

Old 08-23-2022, 07:34 PM   #2735

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
Is this source reliable? Reason why Jackson hasn't signed yet ...

https://twitter.com/BillyM_91/status...05444455190529
Honestly there are no reliable sources other than Jackson and the team, because Jackson has no agent, and the team isn't talking. It sounds plausible, but I think the team would be willing to do that right this second if that's what he wanted. I think he wants more.

I know I play up the obnoxious fan bit to you but I promise I'm not fucking around. I follow this as close as I can, and it really seems like they are kind of playing a game of chicken. When Lamar was still talking, he said wants to win a ring on his first contract. I really believe he thinks he can do that and set precedent. In any case, the longer he waits, the higher the number will go just because every other QB that gets signed is going to bump up the number. Once Burrow and Herbert get paid, look out.

The team really seems like they are willing pay him whatever he wants, but if he wants to play chicken, I think they are willing because the gamble would be worth it. Either he wins a ring and it was all worth it, or he gets injured and they have no choice but to move on. It's actually very similar to what Kirk Cousins did, and he stealthily made bank. Just keep letting them tag you, eventually they'll have no choice. And their offense is built entirely around him so it is a seller's market.
Old 08-27-2022, 04:11 PM   #2736

Looks like the Browns found their next punter

This post thanked by:
Old 09-01-2022, 05:34 AM   #2737

Russell Wilson gets paid with a contract extension:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-01-2022, 07:31 AM   #2738

Love him or hate him ... all agents and other QB's be using Deshaun Watson numbers now as a barometer.

Agents: If that scumbag can have $230M for 5 years, fully guaranteed, then my guy is at least worth that and more.
Old 09-07-2022, 03:08 PM   #2739
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Tomorrows the day, let the new season begin. I've missed the NFL so much, cannot wait!

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 03:09 PM   #2740

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
Russell Wilson gets paid with a contract extension:

I'd rather pay him that even at his age over what Watson was given. By the time Watson plays he's going to have missed almost 2 years and has no intensive anymore to be productive as he's won the lotto with that contract.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
Old 09-07-2022, 03:11 PM   #2741

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Honestly there are no reliable sources other than Jackson and the team, because Jackson has no agent, and the team isn't talking. It sounds plausible, but I think the team would be willing to do that right this second if that's what he wanted. I think he wants more.

I know I play up the obnoxious fan bit to you but I promise I'm not fucking around. I follow this as close as I can, and it really seems like they are kind of playing a game of chicken. When Lamar was still talking, he said wants to win a ring on his first contract. I really believe he thinks he can do that and set precedent. In any case, the longer he waits, the higher the number will go just because every other QB that gets signed is going to bump up the number. Once Burrow and Herbert get paid, look out.

The team really seems like they are willing pay him whatever he wants, but if he wants to play chicken, I think they are willing because the gamble would be worth it. Either he wins a ring and it was all worth it, or he gets injured and they have no choice but to move on. It's actually very similar to what Kirk Cousins did, and he stealthily made bank. Just keep letting them tag you, eventually they'll have no choice. And their offense is built entirely around him so it is a seller's market.
Somethings you should leave for the experts. If I'm building a house and have no construction experience I'm not doing it myself, if I need surgery I'll refer to a Doctor. What's Lamar's qualifications regarding contracts and negotiations?

Old 09-07-2022, 03:19 PM   #2742

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
Somethings you should leave for the experts. If I'm building a house and have no construction experience I'm not doing it myself, if I need surgery I'll refer to a Doctor. What's Lamar's qualifications regarding contracts and negotiations?
I'm sure he has lawyers for the contract stuff, but I think he has a very narrow idea of how he wants to negotiate, so he doesn't see a need for an agent.

Essentially there is no negotiation - it's his way or nothing. The team accepts that, and have been trying to accommodate the best they can, while at the same time not leaking a thing. Everyone says he and Eric DeCosta get along really well, and there's no hard feelings at all during this. If they have to tag him twice, the second tag will be around what he'd be getting paid anyway. And by then it's like 2025 or 26, and you know for sure his value.

You could argue whether that's right or wrong, it's certainly unique! And it might fuck the team, or it might not, we'll see. If the team plays to their potential, they should be among the top 5 favourites to win a SB, so there's some chance that this all works out the way everyone wants.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-07-2022, 03:30 PM   #2743

^ Well ... you skip the middle man and save all the millions of $$ that the agent would have taken.
Old 09-09-2022, 07:31 AM   #2744

The Official *NFL* thread

What a win for the Bills! Defence beat up Stafford with seven sacks. Great pass rush and good overall play from the secondary.

Josh Allen played a great game! 3 throws for TDs and running for a TD.

Stafford? Bad game with three interceptions.

Defending champs looks like chumps.

Three interceptions from the Bills defense too.

Stefon Diggs also had a great game.

Old 09-09-2022, 07:44 AM   #2745

Can't belive the season is on! Felt like I was waiting forever

Allen looks as good as ever. Even with interceptions... Von Miller hasn't slowed down either

Stafford looks like that arm is hurting him more than they let on. Could be a long season for the team. Cooper looked great. Donald and Wagner kept them in for more than half a game, it but the offense couldn't do anything. Jalen Ramsey seemed cooked, but he's had bad games before
Old 09-11-2022, 06:48 PM   #2746

Week 1 thoughts:
1. Dallas is anemic ...
2. Bills & KC are still the 2 AFC teams to beat.
3. Baker Mayfield had to eat crow.
4. Trey Lance era not off to a good start ... couldn't beat the Bears.
5. Packers off to their usual slow start for the season.
6. Steelers stuck with it ... what an interesting game of back and forth. Big divisional win over Cincy.

Last edited by whitev70r; 09-11-2022 at 07:58 PM.
Old 09-11-2022, 08:01 PM   #2747

The Official *NFL* thread

The Cowboys should be downgraded to an NCAA team.

An overrated team. The Toronto Maple Leafs of the NFL hahah.

When it rains, it pours for the Cowboys. Prescott will be out a couple of weeks because he needs surgery on his throwing hand. His right thumb.

Last edited by pastarocket; 09-11-2022 at 08:12 PM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-12-2022, 12:00 AM   #2748

The full games I watched this week were Rams vs Bills, Ravens vs Jets, Chargers vs Raiders, Cowboys vs Bucs. Also watched the end and OT of Steelers vs Bengals which was INSANE

Lots of sloppy play all around. Week 1 is always like this. The only team that looked close to being in mid season form were the Bills and Josh Allen.

Can't really set expectations on opening day, but I noticed a few things

Carr + Adams was a great combo for a half, but lost their connection partway through. I still think they'll be great. Raiders could be sneaky good this year

Jets defense was really good. Sauce could be the real deal. Didn't get targeted on much, but when he was, he was PERFECT.

Dallas has nothing on offense, not really surprised. Defense kept TB to one touchdown

Looking at highlights, sad to see the Jags couldn't pull off a winning start. Cool to see the Bears upset the 49ers. Mahomes looks insane but I was thinking the Cardinals might be a disaster. Nice to see Vikings get a big win against GB with their new coach.

Baker got FUCKED by the refs buying into a fake spike. He should have won his revenge game. Sucks to see the Browns win one, but it's fitting that they did it by cheating. Like all the teams, refs will be a bit rusty too. Saw a lot of holds and offsides not getting called.

My notes about the Ravens if people want to skip the rest of the post

Slow start + tough Jets defense was frustrating to watch in the first quarter.

Lamar was really inaccurate on short passes. Great as usual in long passes though; hit a long 55 yard bomb to Bateman who ran a PERFECT route. Bateman missed another that Hollywood 100% gets his hands on at least. Duvernay was clutch, Andrews was Andrews. Likely was a total flop. Not very many designed QB runs. The ones that they did were good.

If "games are won in the trenches" I have high hopes for this season. D line was impassable and ate poor Joe for lunch to the point where it was uncomfortable to watch at times. Could be a mirage with a bad Jets line though. Opening game after all

Stanley sat out this game and his replacement Ja'Wan James tore his achilles after coming back from like a 2 year absence. Mekari is a good 3rd stringer though

This punter is GOOD already. Holds for kicks well so far too. Could be the guy for the next 15 years. Best of all he's not a rapist.

Overall happy with the performance, but once again it's just the first game, hard to tell for any team. Look at the Packers first game last year lol (and this year?)
Old 09-12-2022, 11:20 AM   #2749

Vikings finally showed a balanced attack and the defensive line has plenty of play makers. Only one game but I'm looking forward to seeing what they look like moving forward.

Old 09-12-2022, 02:59 PM   #2750

Pats fans: What did you think of their first game? I saw people saying the Dolphins should have blown them out, but Tua wasn't very good. I haven't seen anything, but it sounds like the preseason form has continued into the season. Belichick says they lost because of two big plays causing a 14 point lead.