REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-09-2012, 04:11 PM   #26
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

I love avocado in my sushi..................although its not authentic either but oh well.
Advertisement
extracrunchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 04:45 PM   #27
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,657 Times in 543 Posts
Article wasn't really that funny... but it did give me a huge craving for some sushi now

370z Build Thread
E92 328xi Build Thread
NA6 Miata (Budget) Build Thread

Current: 09 370z, 07 E92 328xi, 16 R6
Past: 09 Civic Hybrid, 93 EG Si, 94 Integra GSR, 02 WRX, 99 NB Miata, 01 E46 325ci, 90 NA Miata, 03 CBR600RR
Limitless is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-09-2012, 05:57 PM   #28
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yray View Post
chopsticks use your hand
what if your eating.... Agedashi tofu or those noodle salad???
Old 09-09-2012, 07:35 PM   #29
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidTurbo View Post
Theres a LITTLE truth in what he's saying. Some of the top places don't offer soy sauce.. it comes the way the master says it should..

For example:

Japan Sukiyabashi Jiro 3-Star Sushi - YouTube
Those guys are probably thinking "Damn I wish they would give us some fucken soy sauce!" but of course they'll never say that right
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-10-2012, 12:36 PM   #30
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I stopped reading at "California roll".

Any article that talks about eating sushi right and makes mention of California rolls can't possible be worth reading.
his mention of california roll is actually mirroring your point - the article is targetted at people who eat california rolls, hold chopsticks wrong and eat sushi "incorrectly".

on that note, I hate it when people are all preachy and say "california roll isn't real sushi why you eat that crap?" I don't understand the correlation between eating non-authentic sushi and not having taste/not knowing authentic foods/not respecting a culture. if you don't like it, that's a different story, but stop being a food snob and let me enjoy my butter chicken, fake chinese food court food and california rolls in peace.
drunkrussian is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-10-2012, 02:31 PM   #31
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
And I say that pretty much what I'm saying in the reply just a few posts up.
Posted via RS Mobile
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:05 PM   #32
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
California Roll is just sushi invented out west
the Tojo of Tojo's claims to have invented it
Tim Budong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:12 PM   #33
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
haha if theres no Japanese name for it, its NOT real sushi!
Old 09-10-2012, 07:55 PM   #34
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
bitch please...

like 95% of the sushi joints in town actually have chefs outside of the kitchen to even hear/see you rub your disposable chopsticks and/or dose your food with soy sauce.

pardon me for not slurping my fucking ramen

hell even my cutlery etiqutte is still a joke because I didn't grow up using fork/knives..am i gonna get my food spat on now?
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-11-2012, 12:32 AM   #35
10psi aint enough...

Someone once told me that you must eat a whole sushi roll in one gulp, hence cannot eat your dynamite roll in 2 bites. It has to fit in your mouth as a whole and eat it down as this is respect to the chef. He thinks the chef will watch you and if you dont, its insult to him and his creation lol..
Not sure how many ppl here do that but I will eat the way I want thankyou.
Posted via RS Mobile
HondaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:24 AM   #36
Need to Seek Professional Help

What a ridiculous article. At the end of the day we are the customers paying our money to eat the food and have every right to eat it the way we like. If someone wants a well done Tenderloin then give it to them, or extra Wasabi... It is their money.

If a chef or restaurant is so concerned about the way customers eat the food then they should educate the customer and make recommendations about the way the food should traditionally be enjoyed.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:59 AM   #37
degenerate extraordinaire

The intended audience is wrong. This article would be more suitable for people who look for an authentic experience, whom really wants to know the do's and don'ts of eating sushi. Albeit it was done in a completely mocking and overly sarcastic manner, which irks a lot of people.

This is irrelevant to a lot of people, especially in the GVA. Here, a lot of people look for value and deliciousness. Sure, the 'authentic' dining experience may be a bonus, but how many people actually care?

As for hurting the feelings of the chefs. There is a chance of it happening if you go to those smaller and authentic places, I cannot say for sure. Those chefs train for many years to perfect the art of making sushi. Personally I have great respect for them, because the standard is very high and they work really hard to get where they are. However, most of the restaurants around here care more about people coming back, and making money.

I would say, if you go for value sushi, the odds are that the staff do not care about your eating etiquette. I'll even go as far as to say that the chefs would likely rather see you enjoying their food than to maintain tradition.
He would step out of his freshly downtown autospa detailed 996 C4s, check out his own reflection in the driverside window out of habit, take off his brand new limited edition D&G aviator sunglasses so the mf can see the fury in his eyes, sashay over to the other guy and then threaten to insert his black leather Savatore Ferragamo loafers into the guys rear-end.
Ikkaku is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: