REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   TReO - Port Mann Bridge tolling service (https://www.revscene.net/forums/673769-treo-port-mann-bridge-tolling-service.html)

tiger_handheld 09-13-2012 02:46 PM

TReO - Port Mann Bridge tolling service

Everyone here should go to TReO and register their vehicles for tolling before February 28, 2013. All drivers will get a low introductory toll of $1.50 a crossing until February 28, 2013 but will go up to $3.00 a crossing afterwards, but registered vehicles will have the toll locked in until December 30, 2013. Also, by registering, you will have a $30 credit so your first 20 crossings will be free (or less, if you don't use all your credits by December 2013).

Motorcycles will cross at $1 a crossing with the introductory rate and $1.50 with the normal rate.

For contractors, consultants, etc. who need to use the bridge often, they can get an unlimited crossings for $75/mo introductory, $150/mo afterwards. Motorcycles are $50/mo introductory, $75/mo afterwards.

To clarify, you have to register by November 30, 2012 to receive the $30 free toll credits.

[thanks to DKaz from bcmazda3 for the heads up]

Sky_High 09-13-2012 02:48 PM

Site Maintenance

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. The registration and account sections of our site are currently undergoing scheduled maintenance and upgrades, but will return shortly. Thank you for your patience.

:okay:

Glove 09-13-2012 02:55 PM

or, I can go all the way around to the Patullo, like everyone else will, and cause massive congestion in new west.

or I can just cover my lisence plate with my hand when I cross with my bike

tiger_handheld 09-13-2012 03:01 PM

If you guys want to be keener 604-516-TREO (604-516-8736) takes about 5mins to setup.

zx7rrrr 09-13-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glove (Post 8028591)
or, I can go all the way around to the Patullo, like everyone else will, and cause massive congestion in new west.

i accidently left my sweater hanging out the trunk covering the licsence plate. Didnt notice my front plate was stolen. sorry officer.

inv4zn 09-13-2012 03:28 PM

The site is up again.

XplicitLuder 09-13-2012 04:33 PM

thx for the heads up

ApePee2 09-13-2012 04:39 PM

Thanks, easy 2 minutes
Posted via RS Mobile

lilaznviper 09-13-2012 04:44 PM

signed up... how do i know that i got the credit??

account balance:
$0.00

donjalapeno 09-13-2012 04:53 PM

those prices are :heckno:

Tapioca 09-13-2012 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glove (Post 8028591)

If I had to commute along the Fraser each day, it would probably cost me more in gas than my costs in tolls. Plus, my time is worth way more than $1.50.

But on the other hand, I don't believe in paying my fair share of taxes because this country is full of idiots. If everyone were as healthy and smart as me, then we wouldn't have to resort to paying additional fees for infrastructure. Therefore, I oppose paying tolls on principle.

:troll:

gilly 09-13-2012 06:04 PM

signed up. how do i know i have the $30 credit?

jlenko 09-13-2012 07:59 PM

Fucking government, the 49 cents in taxes we pay on every litre of gas should be paying for infrastructure, not their fucking pensions and golden handshakes.

Let's name it the Gordon M. Campbell bridge, so we can curse the mother fucker every time we cross it.

NLY 09-13-2012 08:28 PM

Am I the only one having issues registering ?

I've tried opening the page with chrome/internet explorer and they both don't work.

I tried registering multiple times today and that page seems to pop up every time.

http://i.imgur.com/Nduib.jpg

Thanks

Gnomes 09-13-2012 08:34 PM

^I opened it with firefox before and after your post. No problem at all. Try again later?
Would the windshield decal get in the way of a blackvue?

saveth 09-13-2012 08:43 PM

it worked for me earlier today.

Klutch 09-13-2012 09:06 PM

fender elimination kit :fullofwin:

Glove 09-13-2012 10:24 PM

it doesnt matter how much the toll costs, it could be 50 cents, people will still go all the way around, when building new bridges with tolls, traffic just gets shifted from one area to the other.

its principal, I will never go on a bridge with a toll, if I do, I will cover my plate or get a motorized flipper or something.

I also havent spent a penny on gas in BC for the last year, I always fill up in bellingham and bring jerries back, im not gonna pay an extra 50 cents a litre for random taxes and for skytrain / bridge infrastructure im never going to use, principal.

fuck BC's retarded taxes on everything, fuck liberals

Teriyaki 09-13-2012 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glove (Post 8028957)
it doesnt matter how much the toll costs, it could be 50 cents, people will still go all the way around, when building new bridges with tolls, traffic just gets shifted from one area to the other.

its principal, I will never go on a bridge with a toll, if I do, I will cover my plate or get a motorized flipper or something.

I also havent spent a penny on gas in BC for the last year, I always fill up in bellingham and bring jerries back, im not gonna pay an extra 50 cents a litre for random taxes and for skytrain / bridge infrastructure im never going to use, principal.

Taxation is not limited to one party. It is a fact of life. You know what they say, only 2 things are certain in life. Its especially true in a country like Canada where human rights and social programs are so heavily supported. Unfortunately, healthcare, welfare, and support for the poor/old/feeble/handicapped does not come free.

If you want to blame the liberals for "taxation". Try looking at the income tax rates under the previous BCNDP regime compared to the current structure.

I don't know about others, but I myself would much rather have lower INCOME tax (something I cannot escape/control). As opposed to lower CONSUMPTION taxes (like gas taxes, bridge tolls, green taxes, which I can shift my lifestyle around to avoid/minimize).

Tapioca 09-14-2012 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glove (Post 8028957)

BC's taxes aren't even all that bad. The only thing which is squeezing everyone is the cost of housing relative to salaries. What's keeping you here anyway? The weather sucks, the economy sucks, housing is through the roof and in your opinion, the taxes are too high.

The next time you're at a hospital because some asshole rear-ended you, I hope you take the time to appreciate my tax dollars at work.
Posted via RS Mobile

Edison_Chen 09-14-2012 09:17 AM

I guess the sticker is only good for one plated vehicle only? If I needed to use another car, I would have to pay full price?

Glove 09-14-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tapioca (Post 8029271)
BC's taxes aren't even all that bad. The only thing which is squeezing everyone is the cost of housing relative to salaries. What's keeping you here anyway? The weather sucks, the economy sucks, housing is through the roof and in your opinion, the taxes are too high.

The next time you're at a hospital because some asshole rear-ended you, I hope you take the time to appreciate my tax dollars at work.
Posted via RS Mobile

im staying here because I have an amazing job,

which your tax dollars also pay for.

and if someone ever rear ends me, I will be debt free, more of your tax/icbc dollars into my pocket.

I do all my shopping and gassing in the states.

So im essentially leaching everything good out of BC, and giving nothing in return, why the hell would I leave? I have it sweet, as long as bellingham costco doesnt shut down anyway.

if things were more affordable here and everythign wasnt taxed by 50%, id actually invest back into our local economy, but for now, this place aint gettin nothin outa me except my income tax and property tax, until things change.

Dont toll bridges, stop building skytrains to places where the population cant sustain the cost, thus making fuel prices, insurance and transit fair through the roof, then try and fix the problem through hst and carbon tax, ect ect..

its a vicious cycle of taxation because they keep making bad decisions, thus I remove myself from the equation and spend every dollar I have down south,

do you enjoy cutting your paycheck in half from all the taxes? only to have them toll more bridges and soon to be tolling the highways, shits getting insane here, fast.

how can you say taxes arent bad here? they are the worst in canada, maybe aside from ontario.

soon your going to have to pay 10 bucks in tolls each day just to get to work,

10 bucks a day in tolls, 200 bucks a month just to get to your job, then get taxed another ~25% on your income, and also pay 12% tax on anything you buy. dont forget the 50% surcharge tax you pay on fuel, to get to work, oh and 250 a month on property tax.

Wont be surprised if the BC population plumments severely in the next 10/15 years, its just not feesable, and the way the current system of taxation is going, it wont be sustainable when the middle class all move out.

Tapioca 09-14-2012 10:24 AM

^ So, after all your grandstanding, all you are is a sucker of the public teat? Congratulations for biting the hand that feeds you.
Posted via RS Mobile

tiger_handheld 09-14-2012 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edison_Chen (Post 8029315)
I guess the sticker is only good for one plated vehicle only? If I needed to use another car, I would have to pay full price?

You can get another sticker for the other car. No limit on how many stickers. You just need to be the registered owner of the cars when registering.

Sky_High 09-29-2012 04:30 AM

Finally got around to signing up for it. Does anyone know if you "add an vehicle" to the same account, will you get another 20 trips free? Or is it only 20 trips free per account, and better to register 2nd, 3rd vehicles under another account?

TReO

Truly Ripping everyone Off
:pokerface: