REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 01:51 PM   #76
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
I have a question.

G-spec's car, to me, has camber that is apparently visible and therefore out of adjustment (with the factory specifications, which I'm assuming is the standard measured against?), so how would it be possible for the car to pass a VI without significant changes?

serious question.

Quote:
Wheel alignment

18 Side slip of the front wheels shall not exceed 9 m per 1.6 km as measured on the alignment gauge.

The caster, camber or toe-in of a vehicle shall not be out of adjustment to the extent that it is apparent visually.

Vehicles shall not be misaligned to the extent that the variation of the track exceeds 75 mm and the variation of axle centre exceeds 50 mm.

[en. B.C. Reg. 658/76, s. 2; am. B.C. Reg. 343/77.]
G-spec is handling the VI issue better than a lot of people would, props to that.

A number of posts in this thread have given me a very good laugh, but I'll keep which ones to myself and continue watching from the sidelines.
Advertisement
This post thanked by:
Old 09-28-2012, 04:43 PM   #77
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,798 Times in 1,763 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil@rise View Post
I dont think anyone should have the power and authority to use their "judgment" when they are uneducated in the matter pending.
When it comes to shit like this why do we have insurance? If car in question passes an inspection that should be it, at least for a year. Now in the event it was modified to pass and returned to its previous pre pass condition and an accident occurred then your coverage is voided. Problem solved.
It's not problem solved. What if that vehicle is returned to pre-pass condition and breaks causing an accident which leads to to loss of life, yet was let go because they had done their "yearly inspection"?

Do you think the loved ones of the deceased would accept voided insurance coverage as a sufficient penalty?

I'd rather drivers with marginally legal vehicles be harrassed, than let illegal vehicles go.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Old 09-28-2012, 04:48 PM   #78
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
The caster, camber or toe-in of a vehicle shall not be out of adjustment to the extent that it is apparent visually.
This is a good one. I believe in my tint thread the question was raised as to who makes the decision as to whether or not tint is unreasonably dark. It can boil down to a matter of opinion - what's good for one person might not be good for another.

With this, who decides if a wheel is "visibly out of alignment"? What constitutes "visually apparant"? It's not hard for people to see when something is out of alignment by as little as 1 degree.

Support Road safety through education, not speed enforcement.
Old 09-28-2012, 05:56 PM   #79
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlenko View Post
Everyone's definition of rice varies... I got sick and tired of being pulled over so I changed my focus from looks to sleeper. And I haven't been pulled over once.

You keep the attitude.. I'll enjoy reading about your stupidity and constant VI's. It's your money you're wasting... while I'm enjoying every minute.

Laws may read in black and white, but cops know shades of gray. It's time you paid attention and learned something.

You really live up to your Troll profile pic, out of all the jabs we exchanged on this forum I've never insulted you personally, only poked fun of your cars and comments, and keep in mind I've pretty much owned you at every turn, cherry on the cake was when you came at me in some thread and I posted that pic of you with the Nerf toy glasses pic, I think ever since then you've had a hard on for me.
In any case, if what being a man is about to you is calling others stupid on an internet forum then bravo my good sir, you win at life.
If you wanna come try out life in the real world as opposed to being the type of guy to troll on internet forums, the type of guy who literally has a website about himself called LenkoRules.com, (I see you took it down btw) first rule in the real world would be never say anything on a forum you wouldn't say to a guy's face. And I mean, I just look at this pic here and think to myself, give him a pass... this is a guy who's built for the internet not real life

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/ima...rsonal_pic.jpg
Old 09-28-2012, 06:05 PM   #80

now that I put a lid on ^ that right there, I can say as far as me handling the situation, oh hell yes I know I'm doing it the hard way, but that doesn't mean it's the wrong way. I know the easiest and most common sense thing to do would be raise my car, maybe change wheels, and other minor changes to take the heat off me.

If you wanna look at it in an ignorant way, you can assume me making a thread about getting police hassle is as stupid as those guys who make complaint threads about speeding tickets when they were going 80 in a 50 zone.
I know some of you look at it that way, and that's fine, but keep in mind the difference between the two being, is one is completely illegal and obviously has no ground for complaints whatsoever.

I'm taking my car off the road for the next month or so at a body shop and mech shop getting all my parts on \\so I can go see ICBC...... This is taking a huge toll on my job as I obviously need the car to get to work, and that's one of the reasons I'm so frustrated, that me earning a living has to suffer because of this, and by my own admission because I'm a little hard headed, but mostly because of opinions.

gotdangit I'm almost 30, I got a few years left of enjoying sports cars before I start having kids and minivaning or suv'ing it, I just wanna get what little is left out of it
Old 09-28-2012, 07:11 PM   #81
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
If the rest of the crimes in the community were as easy to spot and identify as vehicles like this, which have been modified specifically to attract attention... well... cops would have their hands full.

Maybe if people wouldn't mod their cars to this extreme... save the "waste of time" on both sides.
Sometimes that actually takes good old police work, being lazy and going after easy targets its just plain lazy. Let the CVSE do there job. Ask an officer if he has a copy of the Provincial or Federal Motor vehicle acts and review them together, remember a federal act over rules a provincial act. I haven't meet one that has, i've asked. When i go to work i take the tools needed to perform my duties.I think its called professionalism. When you act professional people tend to treat people with respect. Do you ever see he or she without their S&W, ammo,clips, or holster?
This post thanked by:
Old 09-28-2012, 07:57 PM   #82
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

I don't know G-spec but his car is an expression of art, last time i checked that's not a crime in Canada. We can argue all day about the science of negative camber and the effects of it driving down the road. Realistically it just wearing out the tires. I would be more concerned about the state of repair a loaded class 8 tractor has going down the road than a G35. We live in B.C. with suppressed speed limits with people who can't drive in a straight line.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-28-2012, 08:08 PM   #83
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LP560 View Post
I don't know G-spec but his car is an expression of art, last time i checked that's not a crime in Canada.
As long as he keeps it on a trailer or track or showroom floor, no - he can be as artistic as fuck with it. If he wants to drive it on the public roads though, it must conform to the safety standards put in place to protect the rest of the public.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
This post thanked by:
Old 09-28-2012, 08:44 PM   #84
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
If you wanna look at it in an ignorant way
Do you know any other way?

The fact that you're under 30 shows... hopefully you'll look back at this kind of stuff in a few years and laugh. You can post pictures of me all day long.. I could care less. You're still the guy with a big ol' chip on his shoulder now stuck with 2 VI's.

I say this kind of stuff to people face first all day long. Comes with having balls. Maybe someday you'll grow into yours.

I'm done with this thread, you win e-thug. Congratulations!

BTW... damn, you're a freaky e-stalker too. Couldn't find any recent pictures of me? Wow.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:45 PM   #85
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
As long as he keeps it on a trailer or track or showroom floor, no - he can be as artistic as fuck with it. If he wants to drive it on the public roads though, it must conform to the safety standards put in place to protect the rest of the public.
Damn it Soundy, I wanna take you for a beer some day.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:53 PM   #86

thanks for stopping by Lenko, let me get one last thing straight though.... you come into my thread hurling personal insults at me directly and I'm the e-thug ?

You know what, don't bother responding to that, absolutely no rational explanation can be made for that fact.

lp560 & Soundy, I agree with you both 100%, any vehicle on the road should not be a hazard to others, nor the person driving it. I really do think on both of those counts I'm doing it right, 1 speeding ticket that I remember since I bought my G back in early 2007, it was for going 70 in a 50 on Hastings the long downhill stretch by PNE everyone rips through. I don't weave in and out of lanes or cut anybody off, I'm a defensive driver. I'm basically the total opposite of what you would suspect a person to be in a car like mine.

As far as my car being a safety concern, let me put it this way without hopefully insulting anyone. It may "look" like a safety concern to a person not familiar with car customization. But if you know cars you would realize that ok it's basically running the same setup a race car would run, super wide grippy sport tires, low to the ground with camber and suspension setup to carve through corners.
This car NOW is noticeably safer as a daily driver then it was when I bought it bone stock. For example with my OEM wheels/tires in the rain I would often lose grip and my traction control would kick in, the OEM brakes were soft and spongy so upgraded them completely with new rotors & race ready ceramic pads. Another would be the body roll of this car, it was ridiculous from the factory, the OEM suspension was NOT up to par whatsoever, this coupe believe it or not weighs MORE than it's 4 door sedan counterpart!

This thing handles and brakes and performs much safer than it did when it was stock, that's fact..... so when I get pulled over under the assumption that the car is unsafe while guys like this idiot in the pic I took a while ago is allowed to roam free like this...
i mean stuff like that has to get under ones skin
Old 09-29-2012, 12:08 AM   #87
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,133 Times in 309 Posts
Quote:
it's basically running the same setup a race car would run, super wide grippy sport tires, low to the ground with camber and suspension setup to carve through corners.
Generally speaking, I don't disagree with you on any of your points, but race cars don't have to deal with potholes or the dreadful road conditions around Vancouver either.
Babykiller - And next to that, there's a little dot called a period. It's not the stuff you eat out of your sisters gash, it's a handy little tool for breaking up sentences so they don't look like nonsensical retard garbage.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-29-2012, 12:21 AM   #88

^ very true, most vancouver streets make my daily driving miserable, I only drive on routes I know very well
Old 09-29-2012, 05:10 AM   #89
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
Quote:
Damn it Soundy, I wanna take you for a beer some day.
OK....but it can't go any further than that. Understand?
Old 09-29-2012, 09:56 AM   #90
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

True enough as well. I assume you're also avoiding those parking ramps too G-spec?

I did find the info regarding the turn signals lights which you mentioned earlier. Depending on where you had put the white LED they are legal.

Motor Vehicle Act Regulations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turn Signal Devices
(2) A lamp type turn signal system must

(a) have 2 lamps, mounted on the front of the vehicle, that are capable of displaying flashes of white or amber light which are visible to the front,

(b) have 2 lamps, mounted on the rear of the vehicle, that are capable of displaying flashes of red or amber light which are visible to the rear,

(c) be visible on each side of the vehicle at a distance of 100 m in normal sunlight at an angle of 45° from the longitudinal axis of the vehicle, and

(d) include a tell-tale lamp which gives a clear indication that the system is activated.
Depending on what kind of LED you have purchased, there would of been a clear distinction; I am suspecting the LED you had was not bright enough. If it's plasma LED it you can notice because it's very as it's about 500 lumens (more lumens than stock), while an SMD, it will not while lumens is lower than a stock bulb.

A way you can test the brightness is by testing under direct sunlight and look at it from about at least 50 meters away (great if you could do it from 100 meters away) . Have the LED in the back, turn on the hazards, and have someone press and hold on the brakes. This way you can have a compare with the brake lights brightness.

I personally had a white plasma LED in the rears for a few months. No issues with police or anything. I did enjoy them while it lasted but decided to return back to stock recently because I would of rather had an orange plasma. One problem, due to the nature of orange/red LED, it is difficult to make bright such that, it's lumens output is dimmer than that of a white/blue LED which is easy to make bright.

If the future, if the technically gets better such that the orange/red lumen can be just as good as a white/blue, I would be happy to put a orange LED on.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-29-2012, 10:28 AM   #91
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:

OMG, this is the simplest but the best answer that describes this situation here.

G-spec, I am pretty sure I saw you driving in Burnaby last night. How wide are your rear rims? It was dark out since it was almost 8 pm, but it looked like the rear rims stick out past the side of your car quite a bit as you had quite a bit of stretch on your tires.

I'm not here to challenge you on anything you have said in this thread, but keep this in mind. Driving is a privillage, not a right. If driving in a safe/legal manner, any stock car with properly functioning brakes, suspension, and tires with decent tread will handle the roads properly. If you find your tires spining in the rain and traction control has to turn on, then either you are accelerating too hard or your tires are that bald.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
This post thanked by:
Old 09-29-2012, 12:24 PM   #92

Sango good find, and the red LED I have in my turn signal right now is definitely brighter and more noticeable than the white one I had in there before.
Knowing it would be brighter I actually went an extra step when I modified the lights to make sure it's not a hazard so that the light doesn't disperse all over the place blinding people when blinking. I installed projector lenses for the turn signals which keep the beam pattern straight, as well as my main lights projectors the beam pattern of both lights is well below the hood of any oncoming car.

here the pics of the lights

SumAznGuy I was out last night going through Burnaby metrotown area on my way to Vic and 49th so yea that was probably me.
The rear wheel sticks out about a half inch, from the front it looks flush with a little bit of poke, but the problem I encounter is when cops get behind my car and see how it looks from the back, that's the problem there, it looks like way more than it really is. The reason for that is as I explained before the shape of the rear bumper curves inwards as opposed to going straight down, revealing almost half of the tire. I myself don't even like how the car looks from the back, best way to describe it is it looks like I'm running -10 degrees of camber, but I'm really running -4.2 which is about 2 degrees more than factory settings from just under -2.

I'm running 10.5 width up front with 255 tires, and 12.5 width rear with 285 wide tires. Factory wheels front was 225 tire and rear was a 245, so right now I've got a huge contact patch on pavement that I didn't have before.
In the stance game this is a fairly mild stretch, guys in the States doing these wheel specs are running like 225 front and 255 rear but I don't like lots of stretch personally, it looks stupid first of all, and secondly you won't be able to drive on the freeway/highway with massive amounts of tire stretch.

And my car is a daily driver, I mean hell, it's BEYOND daily driver, I have literally drove all across Canada from here to Montreal with my car on basically the same stretched setup I have now and not one safety issue the whole Trans Canada highway, this includes the dirt road through Manitoba where they literally ripped the highway off the road and we had 2 km of off roading to do. So I'm fully confident in the safety of my car, now more so than when it was stock for reasons I explained. And the cross Canada road trip is proof to me I don't have to worry about city driving if it can handle that.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:27 PM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post
OK....but it can't go any further than that. Understand?
Are you offering to be our designated driver?
Quote:
Old 09-29-2012, 03:04 PM   #94
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Sango good find, and the red LED I have in my turn signal right now is definitely brighter and more noticeable than the white one I had in there before.
Knowing it would be brighter I actually went an extra step when I modified the lights to make sure it's not a hazard so that the light doesn't disperse all over the place blinding people when blinking. I installed projector lenses for the turn signals which keep the beam pattern straight, as well as my main lights projectors the beam pattern of both lights is well below the hood of any oncoming car.

here the pics of the lights

Pretty neat retrofit.

It depends on the LED, because if it is the same kind brand/name typed being used; The white/blue would will have the highest lumen's output while the red/amber is lower.

On the side, before I plasma, I actually had CREE white turn signal lights before. The CREE was pretty directional in the forward direction so it almost looked like a hotspot/flashlight effect depending on what angle one looked at it. Very bright as well and I think it did act has a anti-tailgate mechanism when I put my turn signal up if they go too close ha ha! This was before the plasma came out at the time and wanted the plasma lighting because it was more of a omnidirectional type so it can distribute the light evenly in the turn signal housing.
Old 09-29-2012, 04:12 PM   #95
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,490 Times in 570 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
It's not problem solved. What if that vehicle is returned to pre-pass condition and breaks causing an accident which leads to to loss of life, yet was let go because they had done their "yearly inspection"?

Do you think the loved ones of the deceased would accept voided insurance coverage as a sufficient penalty?

I'd rather drivers with marginally legal vehicles be harrassed, than let illegal vehicles go.
No thats why they would be charged with vehicular manslaughter and face jail time.
Problem solved.
All this BS cops put us through. The hoops, this diminishing line with which to balance on, brings us closer and closer to loosing all freedoms in this country and closer and closer to a police state.
How long till cops are knocking on your door fining you for an uninsured car on your property? How long till a cop is knockin on your door to write you a ticket for wrenching on your car on your property?(BTW this does happen in some US states and Canada just follows US)
I dont dislike cops, just the laws they are employed to enforce, because they needlessly take away my and your freedoms. They do so by using the BS excuse oh this isnt a freedom its a privilege. Soon everything will be a privilege.

11938 95a Ave Delta
I can be reached VIA text @ 778-232-1465

Oil change special $70 5 liters synthetic oil including OEM filter Fender rolling from $45 per fender
Car Audio:
Focal, Morel, Genesis, Clarion, Scosche, Escort, Compustar, GReddy, Blitz, Tomei, Motul, Endless, Defi, Cusco, Nismo + More

We specialize in:
Custom Car Audio
Race/4x4 Fabrication
Forced Induction
Engine Swaps
General Maintenance
Old 09-29-2012, 07:37 PM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil@rise View Post
No thats why they would be charged with vehicular manslaughter and face jail time.
Problem solved.
Hmmm, except now somebody's dead. Sorry, but this reasoning is failsauce.

Quote:
I dont dislike cops, just the laws they are employed to enforce, because they needlessly take away my and your freedoms. They do so by using the BS excuse oh this isnt a freedom its a privilege. Soon everything will be a privilege.
What "freedoms" do you think you have exactly? MUCH of what people think is a "right" or "freedom" is really only a privilege, granted to you by the society you live in. Doing stupid shit out in public that endangers other members of the public is none of the above, and never has been, in ANY society.
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 09-30-2012, 03:26 PM   #97
RS Peace Officer

Quote:
Everyone's definition of rice varies... I got sick and tired of being pulled over so I changed my focus from looks to sleeper. And I haven't been pulled over once.

You keep the attitude.. I'll enjoy reading about your stupidity and constant VI's. It's your money you're wasting... while I'm enjoying every minute.

Laws may read in black and white, but cops know shades of gray. It's time you paid attention and learned something.

Uh no.....I'm definitely not into bondage & S&M!
Old 09-30-2012, 03:39 PM   #98
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,133 Times in 309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post
Uh no.....I'm definitely not into bondage & S&M!

Babykiller - And next to that, there's a little dot called a period. It's not the stuff you eat out of your sisters gash, it's a handy little tool for breaking up sentences so they don't look like nonsensical retard garbage.

Last edited by Brianrietta; 01-30-2014 at 07:59 PM.
Old 09-30-2012, 04:34 PM   #99
RS Peace Officer

Quote:
Are you offering to be our designated driver?
I make it a rule to never go sloppy seconds.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:55 PM   #100

Ah, zulutango - the Sean Avery of law enforcement!
Quote:
Closed Thread