REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 10:28 AM   #1
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
two VI's within 30 days

ALready got one last week at a road stop now again cop wants to give me another one?

That possible? From my understanding i have that 30 day window where i can't be given another one
Advertisement
Old 09-18-2012, 10:35 AM   #2
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,491 Times in 341 Posts
damn that sucks, what are they for??
Old 09-18-2012, 10:58 AM   #3

[size=1]Posted via RS Mobile[/size Both cops same exact thiNg.... they cant believe. That my tires dont rub my body... this guy standing here trying to convince me they rub "oh absolutely"

I just came back from Whistler car is still unwashed... if it rubbed anywhere you would "absolutely" see tire shreds all over the place
Old 09-18-2012, 11:05 AM   #4
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,099 Times in 168 Posts
Post pics
Old 09-18-2012, 12:10 PM   #5

But if you have two VI's within 30days, you only have to go to the inspection facility once anyways, don't you? That should satisfy both of the VI's.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-18-2012, 12:36 PM   #6

^ thats correct.
i made sure to ask the officer about that as my only real issue was possibly paying twice

It worked out well overall because this officer told me once i pass to Have to shop call him if even possible he said he wanted to be present at inspection... and hell make sure to put a note in the computer that my car is a legit pass....
That way next time i get pulled over it will show up in the next officers laptop about me, so hopefully i can stop being hassled for this shit... this is 3rd VI within 6 months
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 09-18-2012, 04:33 PM   #7
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
^ thats correct.
i made sure to ask the officer about that as my only real issue was possibly paying twice

It worked out well overall because this officer told me once i pass to Have to shop call him if even possible he said he wanted to be present at inspection... and hell make sure to put a note in the computer that my car is a legit pass....
That way next time i get pulled over it will show up in the next officers laptop about me, so hopefully i can stop being hassled for this shit... this is 3rd VI within 6 monthsPosted via RS Mobile

Makes me wonder why 3 different Cops could be so wrong? Not saying, just askin' what you are doing to attract all that heat?.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:02 PM   #8

Thanked 1,099 Times in 168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post
Makes me wonder why 3 different Cops could be so wrong? Not saying, just askin' what you are doing to attract all that heat?.

Hence why I asked for pics.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:18 PM   #9

like I said they refuse to believe that my tires don't rub....
even though there is NO RUBBER GUNK AROUND ANY OF MY FENDERS, the most obvious and clear sign if a tire rubs....
and I told them straight up, they USED too rub when I first put them on, but then immediately I had fender work done to accommodate the tire sizes, so now they DONT...

But no explanation is good enough once a cop has his mind set on doing something from the moment he eyeballs you as you drive past him.

Like I said I already PASSED a vi from a random shop where I didn't know anybody personally, so nothing shady about that pass...
now I want to pass another one from another shop and if I get pulled over again, I'm going to demand to speak to a supervisor of the officer, I'm sick and tired of the harassment, I'm at a point where I'm ready to stand up to a cop possibly get arrested for this as stupid as that fckin sounds

picture of car is here

Last edited by G-spec; 09-18-2012 at 10:27 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-18-2012, 10:34 PM   #10

Thanked 6,687 Times in 1,624 Posts
Dude, as annoying as it may be for you, it honestly looks like it will rub to anyone's eyes, whether or not you tell them them it doesn't.

It kinda comes with the territory when running very aggressive setups...

But yeah, I would make sure to schedule the inspection at a time the cop can make sure to come so you do get it in the system for good.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-18-2012, 10:35 PM   #11
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,121 Times in 669 Posts
nah, they dont rub. they just look like they rub.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-19-2012, 06:26 AM   #12
RS Peace Officer

From the picture I'm assuming that you have absoloutely no suspension travel at all? I'm not sure how you can have that meet the standards required by the inspection manual? I'm also wondering how you can turn the wheels full lock and not contact the body or frame? From the picture it appears you also may have ground clearance problems. The front spoiler appears to be lower than the rims and there may be other clearance problems underneath and it looks like the wheels are toed out? If you're wondering why the Cops are stopping you, I've just told you. I would have stopped and checked a car that looks like yours does.

Last edited by zulutango; 09-19-2012 at 06:35 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-19-2012, 07:13 AM   #13

I have no pRoblems driving the car in any way, i absolutely have suspension travel nor do i have issues with ground clearance and i can turn wheels full lock without any part of my tire touching the fender.
It all just appears not to be the case at a glance however.
I dont mind getting pulled over and cops checking me, like yall said it comes with the territory, but we live in a country where laws and rules are the supreme word.

I will pass this VI for my last two tickets as i passed my last one, but i will refuse to go for another one, will speak to supervisor, talk to ICBC, do whatever it takes to receive some sort of documentation showing my vehicle has been fully verified for road use numerous times and that the opinion of the officer who pulls me over next because he "thinks" or it "looks" like something is illegal, that his opinion is actually invalid
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 09-19-2012, 07:47 AM   #14
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
I have no pRoblems driving the car in any way, i absolutely have suspension travel nor do i have issues with ground clearance and i can turn wheels full lock without any part of my tire touching the fender.
It all just appears not to be the case at a glance however.
I dont mind getting pulled over and cops checking me, like yall said it comes with the territory, but we live in a country where laws and rules are the supreme word.

I will pass this VI for my last two tickets as i passed my last one, but i will refuse to go for another one, will speak to supervisor, talk to ICBC, do whatever it takes to receive some sort of documentation showing my vehicle has been fully verified for road use numerous times and that the opinion of the officer who pulls me over next because he "thinks" or it "looks" like something is illegal, that his opinion is actually invalid
Posted via RS Mobile

The easiest answer the officer will give is how does he know the car hasn't been modified since the VI.

Not uncommon people put the stock parts back on to pass the VI and then slap the parts back on.
Just look at how many people run a test pipe year round and then slap on a cat to pass aircare.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
This post thanked by:
Old 09-19-2012, 08:03 AM   #15
Need to Seek Professional Help

Just be happy that they didn't give you a box1 VI.

it aint fun man. totally ruins the day/week even month sometimes. considering how much coin you'll need to pump out to get it "legal" again. i even think the cops want to be there when the inspection is done at the shop just to make it even more difficult.

oh well , like we all know, pay to play
This post thanked by:
Old 09-19-2012, 09:10 PM   #16

yea I understand the inspection aspect of it and how they could be cautious about it, but to be downright dismissive of my pass papers as if it was worthless frustrated me.
I mean it's a valid legal document in the province of BC for fcks sake
When I showed him he literally just laughed at me and said "for all I know this could be your buddy's shop"

I'm thinking I'm gonna have to go literally to an ICBC inspection facility and have them look at my car and arrange some kind paperwork for me, official paperwork from them showing I am fully legit and road legal. I know it's a reach and it might not even be possible, but I don't know what else to do....That way anytime I get pulled over I can just tell the officer, ok so it's your "opinion" against the actual MVA and rules, so whats your play there bud..
It also is worthy to note that my girlfriend never EVER gets pulled over when she's driving, actually only once did she ever get it, and it was at a road block, so clearly and obviously profiling going on but I'm past that whole bs though

bottom line is I will abide by any law they have currently written in the MVA, but I will never EVER change anything about my car just because a certain officer has a certain opinion, fuck that
Old 09-19-2012, 09:37 PM   #17
& Associates Inc.

Thanked 1,215 Times in 409 Posts
Maybe get a picture of it at the facility and have the technician or whoever sign off on it saying the vehicle was passed in its current state...
This post thanked by:
Old 09-19-2012, 10:28 PM   #18
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,070 Times in 229 Posts
Quote:
like I said they refuse to believe that my tires don't rub....
even though there is NO RUBBER GUNK AROUND ANY OF MY FENDERS, the most obvious and clear sign if a tire rubs....
and I told them straight up, they USED too rub when I first put them on, but then immediately I had fender work done to accommodate the tire sizes, so now they DONT...

But no explanation is good enough once a cop has his mind set on doing something from the moment he eyeballs you as you drive past him.

Like I said I already PASSED a vi from a random shop where I didn't know anybody personally, so nothing shady about that pass...
now I want to pass another one from another shop and if I get pulled over again, I'm going to demand to speak to a supervisor of the officer, I'm sick and tired of the harassment, I'm at a point where I'm ready to stand up to a cop possibly get arrested for this as stupid as that fckin sounds

picture of car is here

sorry off topic but..

i always assumed you were black
This post thanked by:
Old 09-19-2012, 10:37 PM   #19

If you understand that it comes with the territory of driving such a car, and also understand that cops will always not believe you (probably less due to profiling and more due to the fact that it LOOKS like it's going to rub, whether you agree or not), then you should also understand that you're going to get hassled, always.

Cops will always laugh at you when you show them, and then give you another VI. They will say things like 'it was your buddy's shop', or 'you changed parts just to pass.', and you will not be able to do anything about it...

I'm just saying what you probably don't want to hear, and telling you that you're going to have to put up with it.

tl;dr: drives car like that, complains about VI's
This post thanked by:
Old 09-19-2012, 10:59 PM   #20

I know the whole comes with the territory thing, fully understand it, but I'm human I can't help but have strong feelings about it nonetheless.
If I'm breaking the law then ok ticket me fine me whatever, I'm not a child I get it...
but if I'm compliant within the law and all I'm doing is just breaking some opinion of the law that a certain officer may hold.... well fck it, I mean... the law is THE law, your opinion counts for shit whether you a cop of the president it's that simple

My whole thing now is I'm really gonna try to get rollin set up a meeting with my ICBC agent to see what he says, if there's something more that could be done. I'll post back in a few weeks, because it will be pretty interesting whatever they say.

Point of me creating this thread, I actually literally created it as I was waiting for the officer to come back to my car, the point was I was worried about having to go get and pay for two inspections, now that I know even the officer told me just bring both with me and I can knock them both off, I'm good with that, I got no issue getting 30 vi's in 30 days if I can get it all done at one inspection.... would be ridiculous to have to pay separately which is what I initially thought
Old 09-19-2012, 11:12 PM   #21

I fully support you trying to get something permanent so you don't get hassled anymore, and I'd be pretty upset if it kept happening as well...but the point is it's you vs many many different officers...

I'm not talking about you vs the police as an entity, but literally each time you get stopped it's going to be a different officer.

But in all, good luck. I really do hope you get to set a precedent.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-20-2012, 11:36 AM   #22

I think the idea of taking a picture at the inspection facility of your car as it passes is a good idea.

At least, even if the officer doesn't believe you after showing the picture, you have some ammunition to go to his supervisor with.

I think the VI laws are a little bit unfair in that you can get hit constantly and you have no recourse.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:23 PM   #23
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,782 Times in 977 Posts
the only change the VI law needs is that you get a full/partial refund if you car passes, otherwise it's just penalizing people for what the officer 'thinks' is wrong.

However, to be fair, i would have given you a VI for your car as well, and i think even you would admit that an officer can't just take your word for it. Every second car they pull over probably makes up an excuse or tells them that it's really ok.. it would have been worse if he actually believed you, then let you go.
Old 09-20-2012, 07:22 PM   #24
Rs has made me the man i am today!

I saw you on kingsway a couple of weeks ago as as good as your car looks, even I was wondering how you could run that set up without rubbing! The first thing I noticed about your car was how wide your rear tires were. They looked as if they protrude beyond the width of the car! Very aggressive and good looking stance, but I think just about every officer will hassle you about it if you don't change anything. I doubt any documentation will save you from future VI's the only thing that will is to have some wheel gap
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 09-20-2012, 08:15 PM   #25
RS Peace Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakshow View Post
the only change the VI law needs is that you get a full/partial refund if you car passes, otherwise it's just penalizing people for what the officer 'thinks' is wrong.

However, to be fair, i would have given you a VI for your car as well, and i think even you would admit that an officer can't just take your word for it. Every second car they pull over probably makes up an excuse or tells them that it's really ok.. it would have been worse if he actually believed you, then let you go.
I ran into vehicles that I VI'd who first repaired their cars or returned them to stock and then had them inspected. Several then laid complaints against me for the needless cost of the inspection. After the first one (the mechanic who did the repairs and then the "passed" inspection came to my defence). I wanted my boss to lay criminal charges agains the owner but he would not. After that I took copious notes and even pictures of what was wrong to protect myself.

Some inspection station owners/mechanics inspected vehicles that they personally had illegally modded, and passed them. 1 station was owned by a well-known biker gang who built choppers and then inspected and passed completely illegal bikes. They also did the same with custom cars they built and sold to unsuspecting owners. 2 local shops used to illegally modify and inspect the vehicles owned by the sons of the owner/mechanics and their friends. A Nanaimo import car dealer used to re-tint windows up to 3 times after you got caught and a VI issued, and they inspected & passed your car. A major vancouver area off-road custom truck shop who were an inspection station built one jacked 4X4 and used hockey pucks to hold the body off the frame....that sort of thing. Just because they passed an inspection does not guarantee that a fully legal inspection was done nor was the vehicle not remodded after inspection. Now you know why Cops do not believe every denial or word that every driver tells them.
This post thanked by:
Closed Thread