REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-14-2012, 03:19 PM   #226
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
i think he's trying to explain to you how to become rich and successful

How would he know? He's never had to work for a dime
Advertisement
Jason00S2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:37 PM   #227
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 7,109 Times in 1,264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason00S2000 View Post
or made the sex tapes I made

Sex Tape > Mortgage
jasonturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-14-2012, 04:02 PM   #228
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,779 Times in 2,488 Posts
Quote:
hey ain't stoppin' him from trying to explain how to get in to real estate either

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-14-2012, 04:57 PM   #229
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 30,977 Times in 7,100 Posts
Quote:
Find some of these "decent" places for 900-1200 please
I pay 1400 for a renovated ground floor apt 1 bedroom, that has 1 250+ sq ft patio with unobstructed views of the mountains and ocean. Thats far above decent IMO. Before that I paid 575 as well as having a roommate paying the same, for a 1100 sq ft, 2 bedroom 3 level townhouse right beside vgh, with a jamspace in the basement. Gas stove, decent kitchen, not new by any means, but far from shitty. It depends on your definition of a nice place, but while my apt. here is half the size, and 30 years older than my condo in edmonton, and rent is about the same, I'd say it qualifies as a lot better than decent. I've seen bachelors in the west end a stones throw from the beach for 900, and they aren't bad.
Heres an example, I mean, its not a baller pad by any stretch, but all I do at home is sleep, fuck, shower, and browse RS. Otherwise, I'm out for lunch/dinner, walking the dog, playing hockey, working, snowboarding, etc. Maybe am less interested in where I sleep than some.
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/va...337494112.html

Last edited by westopher; 10-14-2012 at 05:03 PM.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-14-2012, 07:15 PM   #230
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

As Canada’s housing market slows, industry tries to paint rosy picture | Mortgages & Real Estate | Personal Finance | Financial Post

Coles Notes:

Real estate slowing down, but industry is trying to manipulate words and data to make it appear that things aren't as bad as it is.

Sales plummet in major markets and the industry comes up with a new explanation for the decline, draping its comments with a sense that everything is just fine. The excuses are piling up.

Spoiler!
iEatClams is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-14-2012, 07:49 PM   #231
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I pay 1400 for a renovated ground floor apt 1 bedroom...but all I do at home is sleep, fuck, shower, and browse RS. Otherwise, I'm out for lunch/dinner, walking the dog, playing hockey, working, snowboarding, etc. Maybe am less interested in where I sleep than some.
Large, 1 bedroom apartment. Near VGH.

Where is it? I'm in the heart of Gastown at Cordova at Carrell, $2050 a month, but I have 20 foot ceilings and 1000sqft with mountain and ocean views, and the ability to make as much noise as I want at 3 AM with the bass cranked and 20+ people over, along with it being my work/live studio for filming/art/whatever. I also have wooden support beams at 15 feet high up, and I put plywood down and put my bed up there with a ladder to reach it. Girls love it because it's like an indoor tree fort. You would not believe how many girls have seduced me by claiming to want to check out my bedroom, climbing up there, getting under my blankets, and then getting naked before I climb up to see what they're doing

I completely agree that if your place of residence is for sleep/eating and not an integral part of socializing and business, then yes, by all means, rent somewhere cheap or have roommates. I think for any artist or creative person, you need a space where you can be inspired and collaborate with other like-minded folk. When I lived in Langley I met no one interesting or artistic, and it was impossible to not have a car. Living in Gastown I can have no car and it not only doesn't hinder, it actually forces you to mingle and find other means of transport. I can't wait until next spring to get a bike, I'm sure I'll meet a ton of people alone just biking!

That's the beauty of downtown living

I can't stand having roommates though, nothing quite like being able to walk around nude, and not worry about doing someone else's dishes when you have company coming over and you want your place spotless.

The place I live in is valued at somewhere around 700k last I checked. I can't imagine how much of a down payment I'd need to buy this place. Even with 100k down, I wonder what my monthly payment would be? The strata fees alone here are something insane like $400 a month, too
This post thanked by:
Old 10-14-2012, 08:03 PM   #232
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
The place I live in is valued at somewhere around 700k last I checked. I can't imagine how much of a down payment I'd need to buy this place. Even with 100k down, I wonder what my monthly payment would be? The strata fees alone here are something insane like $400 a month, too
If you had $100K down and this place is $700K, you'll be looking at a $600K mortgage and at 2.99% interest, you are looking at $1308 every 2 weeks if you are going with a bi-monthly payment schedule for the mortgage. But since you would have less than 25% down, there will be other charges and fees and taxes plus the strata fees and property taxes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:08 PM   #233
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
If you had $100K down and this place is $700K, you'll be looking at a $600K mortgage and at 2.99% interest, you are looking at $1308 every 2 weeks if you are going with a bi-monthly payment schedule for the mortgage. But since you would have less than 25% down, there will be other charges and fees and taxes plus the strata fees and property taxes.

Wait, so some months I would have to pay 1308x3 + $400 strata fee + monthly savings for the yearly property tax?

Fucking rape!
Old 10-14-2012, 08:08 PM   #234
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 30,977 Times in 7,100 Posts
I live right on cornwall, across from kits pool. We have to be moderately quiet though, but its me and the girlfriend and a puppy, so its certainly a different lifestyle. I'd love to be able to have a place where I could throw masher parties, and have it be a social outlet like that, but once I got serious with the lady, that being a necessity ended. Although the place I was before certainly allowed for that. Jamming until 3am shitfaced was pretty fucking sweet.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-14-2012, 08:20 PM   #235

Quote:
Wait, so some months I would have to pay 1308x3 + $400 strata fee + monthly savings for the yearly property tax?

Fucking rape!
Yes. Some months, with the way things work out, you would have 3 payments, but then this is based on if you get a bi-monthly mortgage.

If you went with a once a month mortgage, you would be looking at $2836.
Quote:
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 10-14-2012, 09:32 PM   #236
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
even though i don't need to KNOW i see how my parents or other wealthy people i know did it

i could spend like you and still never have to work but if you wanna atleast wanna stop working RETIRE one day its really not the way to do it

Did you not watch the video i posted for you? What im hearing from you is your CASHFLOW is exactly of a poor person

your money comes in from whatever job you do then get expensed everything like RENT at the end of the month. that's why you don't have a dime in savings

Last edited by diesel_test; 10-14-2012 at 09:47 PM.
diesel_test is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-14-2012, 09:35 PM   #237
resident Oil Guru

Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
Yes. Some months, with the way things work out, you would have 3 payments, but then this is based on if you get a bi-monthly mortgage.

If you went with a once a month mortgage, you would be looking at $2836.
That's tough to afford for the average Joe. lol.
LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:52 PM   #238
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidTurbo View Post
That's tough to afford for the average Joe. lol.
Yes, but a loft at woodwards isn't exactly an average joe place, either.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-14-2012, 10:19 PM   #239
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel_test View Post
even though i don't need to KNOW i see how my parents or other wealthy people i know did it

i could spend like you and still never have to work but if you wanna atleast wanna stop working RETIRE one day its really not the way to do it

Did you not watch the video i posted for you? What im hearing from you is your CASHFLOW is exactly of a poor person

your money comes in from whatever job you do then get expensed everything like RENT at the end of the month. that's why you don't have a dime in savings

You couldn't spend like me because you don't have the same desires as me.

You have no ambition because you've been given everything.

Try as hard as you can, you could never be me. If I lost my ambition, I could save money and eventually be like you. Another thing is there are multiple paths to wealth. Indeed, many people who eventually found great wealth were poor on paper until their ambition and ideas lead to a large amount of income coming to them once one of their ideas stuck. I could list off a bunch of major companies who were founded by people with less than $1000 in savings which eventually had gross revenues in the tens or hundreds of millions.

Besides, regardless if you have 10 mil in the bank, I had an incredible weekend and I have a ton to look forward to this month. Does my bank account really affect my life if it has 1 zero or 7 zeros behind the first digit? Nope, it's still fun as hell
Old 10-14-2012, 10:20 PM   #240
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
that's why you don't have a dime in savings
I'd say it is because I value experience over security
Old 10-14-2012, 11:01 PM   #241
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
You couldn't spend like me because you don't have the same desires as me.

You have no ambition because you've been given everything.

Try as hard as you can, you could never be me. If I lost my ambition, I could save money and eventually be like you. Another thing is there are multiple paths to wealth. Indeed, many people who eventually found great wealth were poor on paper until their ambition and ideas lead to a large amount of income coming to them once one of their ideas stuck. I could list off a bunch of major companies who were founded by people with less than $1000 in savings which eventually had gross revenues in the tens or hundreds of millions.

Besides, regardless if you have 10 mil in the bank, I had an incredible weekend and I have a ton to look forward to this month. Does my bank account really affect my life if it has 1 zero or 7 zeros behind the first digit? Nope, it's still fun as hell
bank account numbers doesn't really affect me either that's why i don't wanna WORK for it anymore now why are you still working for it?
Old 10-15-2012, 12:03 AM   #242
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
bank account numbers doesn't really affect me either that's why i don't wanna WORK for it anymore now why are you still working for it?

I enjoy writing, it gives me purpose, and being an artist gets me primo ladies. If I get a little fame for my book(s) and film work, I will be knee-deep in the finest 'tang this side of the playboy mansion.

Really, what status do you have, or what interesting things do you have to talk about when you meet people? I'm sure even if you had 100 million in your account, if you and I were at a table with a group of strangers, I'd have all the attention regardless of how much cash you had on you. People really aren't impressed by money, but rather, what life you build for yourself with what resources you have.

For all intents and purposes, you come across as a bland, generic asian with no style or personality.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-15-2012, 12:09 AM   #243
Banned By Establishment

Example:

REALTOR.ca -Property Details F1220129

Imagine if I bought this place. 200k, near Skytrain, view.

On paper, having property and a mortgage would look good.
In practice, living there would suffocate my personal growth.

What would inspire me in that neighborhood?
What beneficial social circles would I meet living there?
What are the types of people I would meet here as opposed to living in Gastown?
What style would I develop from the sights and sounds around me?

When I made twice or three times as much as I made monthly now, I was bored. I lived in the suburbs and my growth was extremely limited. Very little art, people were static, and the style was so bland.

You and I have vastly different ideas of what "wealth" actually is.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:16 AM   #244
I bringith the lowerballerith

Wealth is determined by the life a person has lived and leaves behind that has a everlasting footprint,not how much money you have in the bank when you die.
spyker is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-15-2012, 06:49 AM   #245
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyker View Post
Wealth is determined by the life a person has lived and leaves behind that has a everlasting footprint,not how much money you have in the bank when you die.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:55 AM   #246

Te each their own.
If it wasn't for people like Jason, then who would people like Diesel rent out their downtown property too. At the same time, without people like Jason, where would people like Diesel get to live their lives vicariously from.
Quote:

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 10-15-2012, 06:56 AM   #247
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Example:

When I made twice or three times as much as I made monthly now, I was bored. I lived in the suburbs and my growth was extremely limited. Very little art, people were static, and the style was so bland.

i think you get it confused between women and what wealth really is. i mean why not have both not think either/or

With $$$, there is women. Without $$$ there is women too so its not difficult

having some laying around is just a BONUS

Last edited by diesel_test; 10-15-2012 at 07:32 AM.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:09 AM   #248
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Example:

You know, I have this debate. I have a different living arrangement than most. I get paid, for this building to live here, and pay a discounted rent. So I live in a 2 bed, 2 bath penthouse in an apartment that I have mostly renovated to our style. I have the entire building as my playground.

Obviously, I don't want to be here forever. And we have an arrangement that we can continue managing the building even if we move. Yeah, we're that good

Occasionally I think, maybe we should buy something...at least have it that its ours. Well, my monthly cost goes way up and I get an obviously newer 2 bed, maybe 2 bath condo where I need to answer to a stupid strata council and become one more in a filing cabinet of people. I don't live on the top floor anymore, and its a cookie cutter condo.

Or I need to chunk down over half a mill for a fixer upper house in New West which would be the only real advantage to moving...which would mean we need to work way harder to maintain our lifestyle, as so much more would be going to housing.

It really makes that rent check for my premium apartment but pays out like a 1 bedroom easy to write...

I suspect what will happen is: buy the condo, but don't live in it.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:09 AM   #249
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
With $$$, there is women. Without $$$ there is women too so its not difficult
Not true,I know some guys that live paycheque to paychecque,yet these guys get more snatch than anyone I know of,even moreso than the rich fuckers I know.It's their personality,the way they dress/look,their attitude on life and their lifestyle that attracts the women and makes them flock to them.Sure you can be filthy rich,but the kind of women that are attracted to money are the ones you don't really want anyways,unless it's for one thing.

Also being a alpha male helps out alot,does not matter how much money you have,if you're a insecure small average looking guy,you won't get that hot cutey you've had your eye on and you definatelty won't be attracting any either.....unless they are golddiggers.
spyker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:14 AM   #250
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyker View Post
Not true,I know some guys that live paycheque to paychecque,yet these guys get more snatch than anyone I know of,even moreso than the rich fuckers I know.It's their personality,the way they dress/look,their attitude on life and their lifestyle that attracts the women and makes them flock to them.Sure you can be filthy rich,but the kind of women that are attracted to money are the ones you don't really want anyways,unless it's for one thing.

Also being a alpha male helps out alot,does not matter how much money you have,if you're a insecure small average looking guy,you won't get that hot cutey you've had your eye on and you definatelty won't be attracting any either.....unless they are golddiggers.
that's why you take out 50 bucks and hide 5 mill. Catch the drift? you could try pretending to be poor if you want to

Last edited by diesel_test; 10-15-2012 at 08:22 AM.