REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-10-2014, 01:02 AM   #2626
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioman View Post
He's a 1%'er. This is probably his bulter that is posting on his behalf.

1%'ers dont have time to browse local car forums
have fun driving your old shitty car
Advertisement
m4_hung is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-10-2014, 01:25 AM   #2627
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4_hung View Post
Why don't you stay on thread topic and discuss about economy and housing market? Not sure how sucking dick and driving shit car even relates to this thread......
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-10-2014, 01:34 AM   #2628
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,242 Times in 861 Posts
Quote:
I drive a brand new m5.

That means I'm 1 better than you.

EDIT: I'll leave this thread now sorry for troll feeding
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 01:35 AM   #2629
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
4444 isn't even rich why listen to him, he sucks his boss's dick at work to feed his family
I'm smart enough to know what is good advice. Rich or poor 4444 may be, I do not care.

Quote:
He's a 1%'er. This is probably his bulter that is posting on his behalf.

1%'ers dont have time to browse local car forums
I may prove you wrong. I've been on this forum since 2002. My account may not show that but emails get hacked, shit happens and you'll need to open a new account again. This is still my favorite forum to visit especially "Fucked up shit what makes you laugh NWS" thread. And if there's anything that a 1%er has, its time.

1%ers can't afford butlers either lol.
NKC ONE is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-10-2014, 08:11 AM   #2630
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
I drive a brand new m5.

That means I'm 1 better than you.

EDIT: I'll leave this thread now sorry for troll feeding
i like the coupe better
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-10-2014, 08:42 AM   #2631
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
after 2 years, you're still at $0?
o hai, diesel_test!
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-10-2014, 10:12 AM   #2632

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
Quote:
EXACTLY what a 1%er wouldn't say.

true 1%ers don't say shit like that, look at warren buffet, steve jobs, jeff bezos, look at the cars they own. 1%ers don't care about showing off car wealth - that's not real wealth.

wealth is being able to do whatever it is you want to do.

just because your parents probably bought you an M4 (unless you really are a troll who just claims to have an M4 - and whatever with your m4, in 5 years it'll be a nice car, nothing more), doesn't mean you're a 1%er, it means you "suck your parents' dick" to coin your phrase.

real 1%ers are usually obsessed with growing their wealth, so they spend their money on producing assets, not depreciating cars (plus all their cars will be tax write offs through companies, somehow i don't think your car is a
"smart" car)

can a mod please remove this turd
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-10-2014, 11:53 AM   #2633
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4444 View Post

true 1%ers don't say shit like that, look at warren buffet, steve jobs, jeff bezos, look at the cars they own. 1%ers don't care about showing off car wealth - that's not real wealth.

just because your parents probably bought you an M4 (unless you really are a troll who just claims to have an M4 - and whatever with your m4, in 5 years it'll be a nice car, nothing more), doesn't mean you're a 1%er, it means you "suck your parents' dick" to coin your phrase.

real 1%ers are usually obsessed with growing their wealth, so they spend their money on producing assets, not depreciating cars (plus all their cars will be tax write offs through companies, somehow i don't think your car is a
"smart" car)

have fun dating regular women if you wanna work your 9-5 career
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-10-2014, 12:22 PM   #2634
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,814 Times in 2,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4444 View Post

"smart" car)

Quote:

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-10-2014, 12:23 PM   #2635

^ can someone get rid of this guy please, it's just getting ridiculous the drivel coming out of him.

it's almost worse that CiC's trolling

i'm not even going to take the bait
Old 08-10-2014, 12:58 PM   #2636

Quote:
Thank god I'm gay then, otherwise I'd have to date such lame women... Phew, how do 99% of the world survive?!
This post thanked by:
Old 08-10-2014, 06:51 PM   #2637
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,752 Times in 1,182 Posts
Quote:
Lol... I love how you drive an M4 and you think you are on top of the world.

1%ers don't think about the improvement in materials wealth brings them and much less brag about them. As 4444 already mentioned, 1%ers are constantly thinking how to keep on expanding their wealth.

An M4 might cost what a person earn in a year or more... but for an elite 1%er, it's like a regular person saving a month or two for a nice LCD TV or something. I know my parents can get probably gets every M models available on a monthly/bi-monthly basis. But my dad drives a 5yr-old pickup truck and lives a very modest live. Heck, the house folks live in is worth less than 400K. What a person drive or whatever material a person possess doesn't define the person's wealth.

Come back again when you start thinking about what in invest next rather than what toy to buy next... by then you might have cracked the 1% barrier.

Last edited by Hehe; 08-10-2014 at 06:57 PM.
Hehe is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-10-2014, 07:41 PM   #2638
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 2,708 Times in 364 Posts
In simpler terms, you drive an M4? You fucking peasant
Old 08-10-2014, 07:44 PM   #2639
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
M4's been banned from this thread. Please continue on as usual.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-10-2014, 08:25 PM   #2640
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
My rent just got jacked up to $2300/month for my Gastown loft

I run my biz out of here though so... w/e
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 09:15 PM   #2641
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,178 Times in 2,408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by multicartual View Post

From what? $2250? 2.2% is the maximum allowable rent increase for this year; if you can afford $2250/mo you can afford $2300.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 10:22 PM   #2642
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
True wealthy don't care about such things as showing off their cars or their purase, their clothing etc etc...... Those are for people who pretends or wants to get there lol.

Also they don't talk down on others fully knowing that will damage their connections or negatively impact their image. Talk to a few a rich people and trust me they are one of the nicest, easiest person to talk to. Oh and they don't brag about their status, you hardly know they are rich unless you know them. I can't explain but is the feeling they give out makes you really respect them, not coz they are rich but they seem so confident and willing listen.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-10-2014, 10:24 PM   #2643
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

One thing you learn when you start making decent money is that poor people judge you more than rich people and have more of an entitlement complex.
noclue is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-10-2014, 11:17 PM   #2644

Quote:

that's shitty. out of principle your landlord should want to keep you happy if you're a good tenant. rents go up when you get a new tenant, not during.

a happy tenant = a happy (and cash flowing) landlord, to me.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-10-2014, 11:18 PM   #2645

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
Lol... I love how you drive an M4 and you think you are on top of the world.

1%ers don't think about the improvement in materials wealth brings them and much less brag about them. As 4444 already mentioned, 1%ers are constantly thinking how to keep on expanding their wealth.

An M4 might cost what a person earn in a year or more... but for an elite 1%er, it's like a regular person saving a month or two for a nice LCD TV or something. I know my parents can get probably gets every M models available on a monthly/bi-monthly basis. But my dad drives a 5yr-old pickup truck and lives a very modest live. Heck, the house folks live in is worth less than 400K. What a person drive or whatever material a person possess doesn't define the person's wealth.

Come back again when you start thinking about what in invest next rather than what toy to buy next... by then you might have cracked the 1% barrier.
that's a good analogy
Old 08-13-2014, 04:12 PM   #2646
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
Problem with articles like this is it is nation wide. My townhouse complex got flooded in downtown Calgary, there are still Real Estate agent trolling for sales, even while everyone has moved out (the whole complex was flooded up to the first few floors when Bow River flooded). I think higher interest will press the prices further but with economic news this week, I think the interest rate will hold steady until spring or summer 15, so I guess another 10% for the price to go when all said and done.

http://www.theprovince.com/Canada+ho...767/story.html

Canada’s housing market on course for soft landing, says CMHC

By Gordon Isfeld, Financial Post August 13, 2014 3:13 PM

“Recent trends have shown an increase in housing starts, which is broadly supported by demographic fundamentals,” Bob Dugan, CMHC’s chief economist, said Wednesday.

OTTAWA — After consistently bucking predictions that a slowing trend was just around the corner, Canada’s housing market is now showing signs that it is, indeed, headed for a soft landing.

Both prices and construction are still rising, but the pace of construction is expected to taper off over the next two years as homebuyers increasingly turn their attention to excess supply in the market.

Housing starts should total between 179,600 and 189,900 units this year, and possibly increase by as much as 203,200 units in 2015 before building activity begins to ease, according to Canada Mortgage and Housing Corp.

“Recent trends have shown an increase in housing starts, which is broadly supported by demographic fundamentals,” Bob Dugan, CMHC’s chief economist, said Wednesday.

“However, our latest forecast calls for starts to edge lower as builders are expected to reduce inventories instead of focusing on new construction.”

Wednesday’s housing outlook for 2014-15 follows a CMHC report earlier this week that showed only a modest increase in housing starts between June and July, with the agency saying it “continues to expect a soft landing for the new home construction market in Canada.”

The federal mortgage-insurance agency also expects sales to range from 450,800 and 482,700 units in 2014, and between 455,800 to 502,900 units next year. Prices will average $394,700 to $405,700 this year and between $396,500 and $416,900 in 2015.

That works out to an average price increase of 4.5% this year and 1.8% in 2015.

Meanwhile, a separate report Wednesday showed Canadian home prices picked up last month.

The Teranet-National Bank price index rose 4.9% in July from the same month a year earlier, compared to a 4.4% annual rise in June, according to the index, which tracks repeat sales of single-family homes.

On a month-over-month basis, the index increased 1.1% from June.

Calgary led year-over-year gains with a 8.2% jump in house prices, followed by Hamilton with 7.1%, Toronto at 6.6% and Vancouver rising 6.1%.

Benjamin Reitzes, senior economist at BMO Capital Markets, said a soft landing is unlikely to really take hold until interest rates start rising, which many analysts expect will be in mid-2015.

“When that happens, then you’re going to see the housing market roll over a bit and things slow down on the pricing front, on the sales front and on the construction front,” he said.

“But there’s nothing to make us believe that a crash or any kind of significant correction is coming broadly to the market.”

Unlike in the United States, Canada’s housing market has so far avoided a correction. In fact, the housing sector in this country has shown surprising resilience — even as the overall economy struggles to maintain growth.

But given record-low mortgage rates in this country, there have been concerns about the amount of debt that homebuyers are taking on — prompting the federal government to progressively tighten lending rules since the 2008-09 recession.

Still, Finance Minister Joe Oliver also expects a soft landing for the housing market. “We’re aware, of course, that prices keep moving up in a somewhat more moderate way,” he said Tuesday.

“We know that part of the reason for this is low interest rates,” he told reporters ahead of a two-day meeting with private-sector economists and business leaders in Wakefield, Quebec. “We’re monitoring the market carefully but are not alarmed by what we see.”
© Copyright (c) National Post

Last edited by godwin; 08-13-2014 at 10:40 PM.
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 04:14 PM   #2647
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
True wealthy don't care about such things as showing off their cars or their purase, their clothing etc etc...... Those are for people who pretends or wants to get there lol.

Entertainers love to show off wealth and, in fact, it helps them get MORE famous

Look at Jay Z or Beyonce, their instagrams rub it in everyone's faces how they are modern royalty and you're all just fucking peasants
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 10:24 PM   #2648
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,776 Times in 444 Posts
Quote:
Entertainers love to show off wealth and, in fact, it helps them get MORE famous

Look at Jay Z or Beyonce, their instagrams rub it in everyone's faces how they are modern royalty and you're all just fucking peasants
First you gotta care about all this shit, though. It's no fun to rub in the face of people who will just nod and move on.

http://www.e38registry.org/
Mr.C is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-13-2014, 11:11 PM   #2649

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwin View Post
Problem with articles like this is it is nation wide. My townhouse complex got flooded in downtown Calgary, there are still Real Estate agent trolling for sales, even while everyone has moved out (the whole complex was flooded up to the first few floors when Bow River flooded). I think higher interest will press the prices further but with economic news this week, I think the interest rate will hold steady until spring or summer 15, so I guess another 10% for the price to go when all said and done.

Canada?s housing market on course for soft landing, says CMHC

Canada’s housing market on course for soft landing, says CMHC

By Gordon Isfeld, Financial Post August 13, 2014 3:13 PM

OTTAWA — After consistently bucking predictions that a slowing trend was just around the corner, Canada’s housing market is now showing signs that it is, indeed, headed for a soft landing.

Both prices and construction are still rising, but the pace of construction is expected to taper off over the next two years as homebuyers increasingly turn their attention to excess supply in the market.

Housing starts should total between 179,600 and 189,900 units this year, and possibly increase by as much as 203,200 units in 2015 before building activity begins to ease, according to Canada Mortgage and Housing Corp.

“However, our latest forecast calls for starts to edge lower as builders are expected to reduce inventories instead of focusing on new construction.”

Wednesday’s housing outlook for 2014-15 follows a CMHC report earlier this week that showed only a modest increase in housing starts between June and July, with the agency saying it “continues to expect a soft landing for the new home construction market in Canada.”

The federal mortgage-insurance agency also expects sales to range from 450,800 and 482,700 units in 2014, and between 455,800 to 502,900 units next year. Prices will average $394,700 to $405,700 this year and between $396,500 and $416,900 in 2015.

That works out to an average price increase of 4.5% this year and 1.8% in 2015.

Meanwhile, a separate report Wednesday showed Canadian home prices picked up last month.

The Teranet-National Bank price index rose 4.9% in July from the same month a year earlier, compared to a 4.4% annual rise in June, according to the index, which tracks repeat sales of single-family homes.

On a month-over-month basis, the index increased 1.1% from June.

Calgary led year-over-year gains with a 8.2% jump in house prices, followed by Hamilton with 7.1%, Toronto at 6.6% and Vancouver rising 6.1%.

Benjamin Reitzes, senior economist at BMO Capital Markets, said a soft landing is unlikely to really take hold until interest rates start rising, which many analysts expect will be in mid-2015.

“When that happens, then you’re going to see the housing market roll over a bit and things slow down on the pricing front, on the sales front and on the construction front,” he said.

“But there’s nothing to make us believe that a crash or any kind of significant correction is coming broadly to the market.”

Unlike in the United States, Canada’s housing market has so far avoided a correction. In fact, the housing sector in this country has shown surprising resilience — even as the overall economy struggles to maintain growth.

But given record-low mortgage rates in this country, there have been concerns about the amount of debt that homebuyers are taking on — prompting the federal government to progressively tighten lending rules since the 2008-09 recession.

Still, Finance Minister Joe Oliver also expects a soft landing for the housing market. “We’re aware, of course, that prices keep moving up in a somewhat more moderate way,” he said Tuesday.

“We know that part of the reason for this is low interest rates,” he told reporters ahead of a two-day meeting with private-sector economists and business leaders in Wakefield, Quebec. “We’re monitoring the market carefully but are not alarmed by what we see.”
© Copyright (c) National Post
the problem with canadian, and likely worldwide, media is that it has all become opinion rather than fact.

no one knows where the housing market will go. i've always argued about fundamentals, and that history and statistics fully support my position, as such i won't buy. but the market could go up forever, theoretically... that's fine, as long as the fundamentals are on my side, i'll continue to not buy.

we will only know what happens once it has happened. to be honest, i don't believe there is such a thing as a 'soft' landing, it's a made up term to ease peoples' worries - a worried purchaser is a non-purchaser, which is bad for the short term economy.

news should be about facts, allow the reader to take the facts and assess themselves. let the opinion pieces stay in opinion magazines.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-14-2014, 12:50 AM   #2650

on that note... here's an interesting commentary, based on fundaments, though 8x gross rent is not so applicable when looking at a house to live in, 15x is the rule of thumb for that, 8x is for commercial as you don't get the fluctuations so much in commercial as it's more based on the CF

http://www.fool.ca/2014/08/12/thinki...ad-this-first/