REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-20-2023, 10:41 PM   #27976
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,544 Times in 5,148 Posts
Lots of middle aged ladies of an Asian persuasion in my building have 2 spaces for 1 car and one of them told me they did it so they don’t have to worry about their bad parking skills lol
Advertisement
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2023, 07:49 AM   #27977
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,828 Times in 2,512 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
I don’t think they care. Bitch is living in a 17 million Canadian penthouse along the bund.

She just bought another parking space for 150k Canadian cuz apparently that’s how much the spot goes for in Shanghai. She has 5 parking spots and only has 3 cars. I’m like why ?!
maybe channeling her inner rapper 21 Savage "12 car garage but only has 6 cars"

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-21-2023, 10:19 AM   #27978
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
I don’t think they care. Bitch is living in a 17 million Canadian penthouse along the bund.

She just bought another parking space for 150k Canadian cuz apparently that’s how much the spot goes for in Shanghai. She has 5 parking spots and only has 3 cars. I’m like why ?!
Cause she has a friend who owns 4 parking spots.
Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-21-2023, 04:39 PM   #27979
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 8,795 Times in 3,169 Posts
She thinks I’m a peasant. Maybe even lower than peasant. She thinks I’m a… a….. Canadian !!!!!! Fuckkkkk
Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2023, 04:49 PM   #27980
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,399 Times in 5,671 Posts
She lives in China, she’s barely better than the meth head at the bus stop.
Old 09-21-2023, 05:30 PM   #27981

thats because youre also Canadian. you do not know how it feels for a shanghainese person to be called a lousy canadian you stupid lao wai
This post thanked by:
Old 09-21-2023, 05:40 PM   #27982

I’m not rich but I wouldn’t trade my current situation for a Cullinan and a Penthouse in China, no matter how much shit I talk about Canada lol.
Old 09-21-2023, 05:59 PM   #27983
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,841 Times in 1,484 Posts
Spending 17 million in Shanghai sounds like you should be the one laughing. I can’t get out of that city fast enough.
Old 09-21-2023, 06:15 PM   #27984

in all seriousness, its just like dem New Yorkers. I find that city appalling, but they wouldn't give it up for the world.
Old 09-25-2023, 08:53 AM   #27985
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,764 Times in 705 Posts
The wife just got back from a dinner with her girlfriends and she told me one of the wives just bought her husband a $12,000 watch for their anniversary. This is the first gift of this kind for this couple and I couldn't believe it.

No doubt, this is an amazing gesture of appreciation, but this seems crazy to me?

They currently live in a basement suite with a one year old kid, their rent is only $1,200 a month and their household income is probably $150,000 gross give or take, so I can understand they have money they can throw around.

This girl said they're never moving, so I guess they have come to the realization that they can never afford a house and even if they can, the rent is so cheap they would rather stay in their two bedroom basement suite.

I guess it would be foolish to give up that rent in Vancouver. It's cheap, relatively.
PeanutButter is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-25-2023, 08:58 AM   #27986

I think there was some article posted here about that kind of thing being rampant in China

People who are broke af, with literally no prospect for growth in their life or any semblance of success will grinddddd to get a Rolex. They ride the bus an hour each way to a factory job, they eat garbage day in day out and generally live a miserable existence, but ya got that Rolex and that’s what matters.

Imo regardless of how much money you make it’s kind of this dirt ball mentality that’s fairly prevalent in Vancouver about showing off when you’re in reality quite poor/not well off lol.

Someone with a 10k watch or a 75k car is not impressive to me by any means because you have material items that literally anyone can afford. someone who’s net worth is half the watch value can afford that watch. Lol
Old 09-25-2023, 09:13 AM   #27987
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,186 Times in 7,166 Posts
Sounds like me with my e30 tbh.
The only thing I think is stupid when it comes to money is hoarding it and forgoing what makes you happy. You've gotta be relatively smart and not go broke for dumb shit, but driving an old car you don't like, buying cheap clothes you don't feel comfortable in and eating shit food you don't like so you can pile up your money and jerk off at your bank balance is just as dumb.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-25-2023, 09:22 AM   #27988
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,399 Times in 1,239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Sounds like me with my e30 tbh.
The only thing I think is stupid when it comes to money is hoarding it and forgoing what makes you happy. You've gotta be relatively smart and not go broke for dumb shit, but driving an old car you don't like, buying cheap clothes you don't feel comfortable in and eating shit food you don't like so you can pile up your money and jerk off at your bank balance is just as dumb.
I feel personally attacked.

*zips up pants*

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-25-2023, 09:25 AM   #27989
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,462 Times in 992 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutButter View Post
The wife just got back from a dinner with her girlfriends and she told me one of the wives just bought her husband a $12,000 watch for their anniversary. This is the first gift of this kind for this couple and I couldn't believe it.

No doubt, this is an amazing gesture of appreciation, but this seems crazy to me?

They currently live in a basement suite with a one year old kid, their rent is only $1,200 a month and their household income is probably $150,000 gross give or take, so I can understand they have money they can throw around.

This girl said they're never moving, so I guess they have come to the realization that they can never afford a house and even if they can, the rent is so cheap they would rather stay in their two bedroom basement suite.

I guess it would be foolish to give up that rent in Vancouver. It's cheap, relatively.
what does it even mean to give your spouse a 12k anniversary gift when you share your income?
also ya i would also recommend to anyone paying that little to stay where they are as long as it's still meeting their needs.

i told my friend whose fiance is paying way under market to just keep her place rather than buying together but he didnt listen and bought a 1br in the same area instead.
they don't want to pay someone else's mortgage but instead they are going to piss that away in interest.

Last edited by unit; 09-25-2023 at 09:35 AM.
unit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 09:28 AM   #27990

I dont wanna live unless i have a 12k rolex to ride the bus with. Show you fucking #20 bus peasants what's what
This post thanked by:
Old 09-25-2023, 09:29 AM   #27991
Performance Moderator

I know of 2 couples recently married where the new trend is for the wife to buy the husband a Rolex because they had to spend money on the engagement ring.

I for one welcome this new form of patriarchy where the man receives a gift that actually holds value whereas the woman receives one that she'd be lucky to trade for 30% what was paid for it hahaha!!

I told my GF that it's important that we honour these new traditions going forward.
Old 09-25-2023, 09:38 AM   #27992
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,734 Times in 899 Posts
Find you someone who will accept $12000 in Tesla shares
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-25-2023, 09:44 AM   #27993
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,462 Times in 992 Posts
if you guys wanna hear something crazy, that same friend's parents live in a 2br condo in coquitlam and they don't pay rent. the landlord has been awol for over 5 years now. they spoke to a lawyer and said he's either dead or in prison in another country. they don't have to pay but if he randomly shows up he has the right to several years of backpay.
unit is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-25-2023, 09:47 AM   #27994
in the butt

Thanked 3,241 Times in 1,188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post

I for one welcome this new form of patriarchy where the man receives a gift that actually holds value whereas the woman receives one that she'd be lucky to trade for 30% what was paid for it hahaha!!
But a Rolex is only worth 50% when your married.......

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?
donk. is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-25-2023, 10:13 AM   #27995
Performance Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit View Post
if you guys wanna hear something crazy, that same friend's parents live in a 2br condo in coquitlam and they don't pay rent. the landlord has been awol for over 5 years now. they spoke to a lawyer and said he's either dead or in prison in another country. they don't have to pay but if he randomly shows up he has the right to several years of backpay.
How do the property taxes and strata fees get paid?!
Old 09-25-2023, 10:18 AM   #27996
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,764 Times in 705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
How do the property taxes and strata fees get paid?!
THIS!!!
PeanutButter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 10:21 AM   #27997

auto deduction probably. or prepaid years in advance

I knew this mainlander old lady who just gave the city like 60k and went back to china for like 4 years
Old 09-25-2023, 10:27 AM   #27998
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,315 Times in 2,518 Posts
The trend in China right now is called "laying flat", where the younger generation generally does the absolute minimum to get by, and have zero aspirations in life for anything.

They may only work random part time jobs. They may live at home with parents. They eat the cheapest food they can find (and generally don't eat out). They don't date, nor plan on having kids.

Not very many people in the younger generation wants to work in factories anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
I think there was some article posted here about that kind of thing being rampant in China

People who are broke af, with literally no prospect for growth in their life or any semblance of success will grinddddd to get a Rolex. They ride the bus an hour each way to a factory job, they eat garbage day in day out and generally live a miserable existence, but ya got that Rolex and that’s what matters.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 10:28 AM   #27999

So western societies Incels lol
Old 09-25-2023, 10:30 AM   #28000

Quote:
auto deduction probably. or prepaid years in advance

I knew this mainlander old lady who just gave the city like 60k and went back to china for like 4 years
Is this even a possibility?

CoV requires interaction on your part when paying property taxes, there’s no way you can just not send in your forms etc. especially with stuff like empty homes etc.

My wife’s grandma has been deferring her taxes for ages and there’s still quite a bit of interaction that needs to take place between her and the city.