REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-21-2023, 11:30 AM   #29276
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,393 Times in 5,667 Posts
Yea so you can daisy chain outlets past the GFI plug but they have to be all downstream of the GFI?
Advertisement
Old 12-21-2023, 11:35 AM   #29277
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,839 Times in 1,778 Posts
I'm not sure what exactly you're asking?
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2023, 12:10 PM   #29278
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,931 Times in 3,881 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
I'd tell them to pound sand.
I would too but it's my friends place that's for sale and apparently his realtor already agreed to fixing them or something? I'm not too clear on the specifics. I think it's just the inspector trying to come up with stuff because it also lists that all the outdoor receptacles need to be changed without elaborating on why and showing a picture of a tester showing the outlet is correct. Either way I told him I'd at least take a look and help bang out the basic stuff instead of paying an electricians rate just to swap an outlet.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2023, 12:19 PM   #29279
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,825 Times in 2,509 Posts
normal outlets downstream of the GFCI outlet is GFCI protected by said GFCI outlet

i believe it was the 2009 edition where AFCI requirement in residential/sleeping spaces came in, that protection can come via AFCI outlets or breakers, though I think breakers were much more expensive when it came in to effect.

when you say inspector, that's just a home inspector identifying stuff right?

old homes are grandfathered in, he's probably just noting it as a CYA should you be concerned.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-21-2023, 12:23 PM   #29280

68, glow outlined what I was trying to say above.
Old 12-21-2023, 12:48 PM   #29281
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,733 Times in 898 Posts
https://youtu.be/eDzme7W7Fy8?si=cD4F9EPaYpuDZGIo

Pretty truthful vid
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2023, 01:23 PM   #29282
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,293 Times in 1,975 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
I feel like once you have to resort to moving to Chilliwack, what's really the point in staying in this province any longer? I mean, unless you absolutely love The Wack, and have some foundations there.

If all your friends and family live in the Vancouver area, they'll never come visit you, so now you're isolated, and you're far enough from the city where it's a pain in the ass to drive in, especially with traffic.

At that point you might as well move to the island, or a new province entirely. I'd much rather explore another province as a living situation entirely than resort to living in somewhere like Chilliwack, or Abbotsford.
My brother moved out there in 2009 to be with his wife and her family. They bought in a brand new TH in Sardis near the golf course. They paid around $250k back then. He still worked (works) in Port Kells. His commute used to be 45 min each way but because of population boom over the last 14 years, his commute is now 1.5 hours each way.

Fast forward to now and he:

Has 1 kid with behavioral problems
Has 1 other kid with medical issues
Has Type II
Hate's his wife's family
Doesn't see his family (skipped birthdays, thanksgiving etc)
Seems more miserable than ever
Still makes financially retarded decisions

Between cow farts and a swill factory, there's not much there that's worth a heart's beat. Also, in the summertime, the women tend to wear less restrictive clothing

Vancouver:

Chilliwack:
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-21-2023, 01:31 PM   #29283
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,507 Times in 5,132 Posts
Living the dream, no wonder you chose (Cara)van life.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2023, 02:45 PM   #29284

Thanked 4,839 Times in 1,778 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post

i believe it was the 2009 edition where AFCI requirement in residential/sleeping spaces came in, that protection can come via AFCI outlets or breakers, though I think breakers were much more expensive when it came in to effect.
2002 is when they were first required for all bedrooms in Canadian electrical code (3 years after USA).

2015 the CEC expanded that to require AFCI protection on ALL 15/20A branch circuits in a home, with just a few exceptions (1 year after the USA)
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-21-2023, 02:58 PM   #29285
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,825 Times in 2,509 Posts
oh sorry i stand corrected

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-21-2023, 09:26 PM   #29286
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,535 Times in 1,521 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
If all your friends and family live in the Vancouver area, they'll never come visit you, so now you're isolated, and you're far enough from the city where it's a pain in the ass to drive in, especially with traffic.
Hell, I moved to Delta (RIGHT OFF ALEX FRASER), and no one in Vancouver proper wants to come visit me. I always drive out. To be honest, this thread warned me of that when I purchased in 2020 and I'm ok with it. But like fuck man its only a 30 minute drive. Buncha fucking pussies.
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-21-2023, 11:45 PM   #29287
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
Hell, I moved to Delta (RIGHT OFF ALEX FRASER), and no one in Vancouver proper wants to come visit me. I always drive out. To be honest, this thread warned me of that when I purchased in 2020 and I'm ok with it. But like fuck man its only a 30 minute drive. Buncha fucking pussies.
My friends are the same even though it's not that far of a drive. There's something about the bridge / tunnel that acts as a mental force field for people in Vancouver / Richmond. I'm chalking it up to how open Delta appears when compared to those areas.
radeonboy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-22-2023, 01:18 AM   #29288
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,217 Times in 1,399 Posts
I think most people are just not familiar with Delta. They don't know how big Delta is and how there are parts of Delta closer than other suburbs depending on where you live.

I used to think it was really fucking far until I started driving through it all the time on my way to Point Roberts.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-22-2023, 06:28 AM   #29289

Driving from east van to delta (approx crispy crème location) where we have family is one of my most hated drives I do lol. Going like Nanaimo - Marine - queensborough - Alex Fraser is soooo fucking annoying for the distance you travel
Old 12-22-2023, 07:11 AM   #29290
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,174 Times in 963 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by radeonboy View Post
My friends are the same even though it's not that far of a drive. There's something about the bridge / tunnel that acts as a mental force field for people in Vancouver / Richmond. I'm chalking it up to how open Delta appears when compared to those areas.
Yep, bridges are a mental barrier.

Richmond? Nope, too far
North Van? Nope, too far
Surrey? Nope, too far and Brenda Locke is Mayor
Port Coquitlam? Come here baby!
Stanley Park? I'll be right there!

All 30 min drives.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-22-2023, 07:17 AM   #29291
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 8,781 Times in 3,162 Posts
Richmond is great! Best place to live.

Why ? Because the food is good, it’s safe as fuck with all these scared China menz and as long as you stay off no3 road the traffic flows easily

Also going to downtown takes me 20 minutes at 6am or worst case scenario 40 minutes during rush hour. Plus when it comes to bridges you got 3 potential choices to get across to Vancouver so you’re never really stuck.
Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-22-2023, 08:05 AM   #29292
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,021 Times in 1,914 Posts
Delta is a great sleepy burb with quaint areas, main strip, area by the Marina ... if you can suck it up for the next few years with the Massey Tunnel ... but once the new tunnel is built, hopefully traffic won't be so terrible. I think the real estate has the biggest potential to increase in Delta and Twawwassen.
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-22-2023, 08:49 AM   #29293
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,232 Times in 1,031 Posts
It's the Alex Fraser and Delta gets automatically lumped in with Surrey by some people.

At least you aren't at Burke Mountain. That shit is stupid far. It takes them 15mins to get to Coquitlam Center. It's around 40mins for me to get to just Coquitlam Center from East Van.

I'm not a huge fan of living in Fraserview though because of how isolated it feels sometimes. You would ask wtf are you high about you live in Vancouver! But hear me out. It's super easy to get to Richmond and DT, but that's about it. The best spot to actually live in terms of being able to access everything is actually South Burnaby. You trade off an extra 5-10 mins to get to Richmond and DT, but you are easily 10mins closer to the highway which opens up Coquitlam and the North Shore for hang outs and activities.
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-22-2023, 08:56 AM   #29294

Thanked 31,184 Times in 7,165 Posts
I wish there was a bridge from Port Moody to north shore. Would open it up as an option for us but we are basically pinned to North van based on our needs. Could do east van or north Burnaby too, but it's no cheaper. Burnaby has nice neighbourhoods but it's abysmal for stuff to do and eat.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2023, 08:59 AM   #29295
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,232 Times in 1,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I wish there was a bridge from Port Moody to north shore. Would open it up as an option for us but we are basically pinned to North van based on our needs. Could do east van or north Burnaby too, but it's no cheaper. Burnaby has nice neighbourhoods but it's abysmal for stuff to do and eat.
It's true there's nothing really good to eat in Burnaby, The Pear Tree closed last year and it's probably one of the few nice places in Burnaby. But there's tons of regular food that one would actually live off of.
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2023, 09:29 AM   #29296

Thanked 31,184 Times in 7,165 Posts
Yeah lots of good Italian sandwiches at the delis on Hastings, and it's not like it's that hard to get over to commercial for good food, but I have never really enjoyed being anywhere in Burnaby compared to places like Port Moody brewery district, lonsdale, commercial drive etc.
they just seem to be missing that.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-22-2023, 09:46 AM   #29297

Our little stretch of Hastings sunrise between renfrew and commercial shits on anywhere in Burnaby imo
Old 12-22-2023, 10:14 AM   #29298
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
A bridge or tunnel between Dollarton / Burnaby mountain makes sense, but probably won't happen in our lifetime judging by our progress with the Massey Tunnel.
radeonboy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-22-2023, 10:21 AM   #29299
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,507 Times in 5,132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
I've been looking there recently too, there's a decent place just off 72nd and the highway... we could be neighbours lol
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2023, 10:51 AM   #29300
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoFire View Post
At least you aren't at Burke Mountain. That shit is stupid far. It takes them 15mins to get to Coquitlam Center. It's around 40mins for me to get to just Coquitlam Center from East Van.
Parents current live on the west side of Coquitlam (Como Lake/Mundy Park area). They thought about moving to Burke Mountain around 2009-2010 when they were building the big new houses (I think they were around $900K then) because they were 5-10 years from retirement and thought a new house would be nice.

They loved the house, but my dad tested out the commute to see what it was like. Compared to coming home from Vancouver to the Como Lake side of Coquitlam it added a good +30 mins in rush hour. And that's assuming there's no issue on Lougheed or Mary Hill, which there often is. They decided that wasn't feasible for even another 5 years until retirement.

I can only imagine it's going to get worse with the increasing density and developments on that side of Coquitlam.