REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-12-2024, 03:59 PM   #30151
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,764 Times in 906 Posts
Ahh I remember that story, always sucks to hear when presale buyers lock in wait years only to be told sorry and now the market has passed them. I guess like you said chalk one up for the little guys because this ending is rare.

It was my biggest concern when I locked into a presale back in 2016. During our search we tried to stay with the established developers but it didn't end up that way and while everything has gone the way I excepted i.e. some shotty work, cheaping on materials, lack of accountability post construction etc at least it completed and by in large none of the issues were of grave concern.
Advertisement

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 04:01 PM   #30152
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,729 Times in 895 Posts
^^ I've always wondered if these lawsuits work. As I thought developers open shell companies for each project and it collapses after the project finishes so you can't really chase them for warranty or sue for issues afterwards.
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 04:10 PM   #30153
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,004 Times in 1,909 Posts
Now the stories have flipped, developers suing pre-sale buyers or taking their deposits because they want to back out.
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-14-2024, 09:02 AM   #30154
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,764 Times in 906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMDreams View Post
^^ I've always wondered if these lawsuits work. As I thought developers open shell companies for each project and it collapses after the project finishes so you can't really chase them for warranty or sue for issues afterwards.
Speaking of warranty I learned something when I took possession and had to deal with this. So there's a loophole which is if the developer didn't even install something you can't chase them to do it because that isn't considered a warranty issue. A warranty issue is something that has been done but it was shit but if they didn't even do it at all in the first place there's nothing to fix. Our building ran into 2 or 3 things where our only option would have been to sue and you can guess what we chose to do

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 09:29 AM   #30155

^^ at least you're not a poor renter
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-14-2024, 01:46 PM   #30156
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,820 Times in 2,505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by winson604 View Post
Speaking of warranty I learned something when I took possession and had to deal with this. So there's a loophole which is if the developer didn't even install something you can't chase them to do it because that isn't considered a warranty issue. A warranty issue is something that has been done but it was shit but if they didn't even do it at all in the first place there's nothing to fix. Our building ran into 2 or 3 things where our only option would have been to sue and you can guess what we chose to do
warranties also have a cap. for example, if the warranty covers up to $3m of BS and you encounter 1 issue worth $3m, but then encounter another issue for $1m, you're SOL on the second issue. happened to an old coworker on a new condo they purchased years ago.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-14-2024, 03:11 PM   #30157
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,752 Times in 700 Posts
https://www.redfin.ca/bc/burnaby/472...home/186229123

$1,200 maintenance fee for this penthouse seems reasonable. The roof top patio is massive.
PeanutButter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-14-2024, 04:19 PM   #30158
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,422 Times in 918 Posts
A few friends bought the Juno development in surrey. Studio units for $440K + GST and 1BR's at $550K + GST.

There's no way that's a reasonable buy is it? Juno sold them on the potential to 3x their deposit in 4 years. Friends said deposit is 10% down and they'll flip at completion @ 2-3% assignment fee. Can't go tits up.

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 04:47 PM   #30159
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Applied late for the empty's home tax since life was so busy. Has anyone ever successfully disputed this bylaw notice of $250?

Also, if we declared it late, it doesn't mean that I have to pay the actual tax correct? My parents got a notice for $60k and there's no way they can pay that off. That tax penalty is only if we don't declare the empty's home tax right?
yameen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 05:24 PM   #30160
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,454 Times in 5,114 Posts
So I went to Calgary last weekend to visit my best friend, was looking for a house to buy as I have mentioned on here I have been considering moving there. Gave the realtor a list of 10 active listings on Friday morning, by Friday night he said only 3 were still available and by Saturday morning actually looking at them in person, only 2/3 were not yet sold. All 3 sold by Sunday.

Guess who was all there looking at them with me? Half of frickin Richmond lolol... all China peeps from Van and Tdot. Every listing was selling for a minimum of $25,000 up to $50,000 over asking price. 18 offers on one place I went to. And I'm not joking, it was just group after group of China people I couldn't even get in the door at one place.

It's insanity over there, the locals are pissed and the agents are rolling in $$$ like never before. Version 3.0 after Toronto and Vancouver I guess.

Basically if I do want a place there, I have to let the agent know the second a place I like comes available and he has to drive straight over there, do a facetime with me and then make an offer with no subjects and no inspection.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-14-2024, 05:29 PM   #30161
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,347 Times in 5,651 Posts
Sweet, the last bastion of Canadian affordability bought up to hold in perpetuity as a stagnant investment while pricing local people out of yet another market.
Old 02-14-2024, 05:32 PM   #30162

Thanked 3,236 Times in 1,222 Posts
Better start looking at Saskatchewan baby
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 05:49 PM   #30163
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,191 Times in 2,411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
Regina, the city that rhymes with fun.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-14-2024, 05:52 PM   #30164
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,171 Times in 961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
Regina, the city that rhymes with fun.
Show us your Regina!
This post thanked by:
Old 02-14-2024, 05:52 PM   #30165
in the butt

Thanked 3,222 Times in 1,184 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yameen View Post
Applied late for the empty's home tax since life was so busy. Has anyone ever successfully disputed this bylaw notice of $250?

Also, if we declared it late, it doesn't mean that I have to pay the actual tax correct? My parents got a notice for $60k and there's no way they can pay that off. That tax penalty is only if we don't declare the empty's home tax right?
Time to contact the office directly, looks like you have 3 years to declare past the due date with a 250$ fee

250$ should serve as a warning for not filing in the future

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Originally Posted by Badhobz
I saw some bimbo live streaming her coffee order while standing in line. I wanted to slap the phone out of her hand and throw her into the bean grinder
donk. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 07:10 PM   #30166

I like the patio, but the interior is nothing special and I don't like how it's split between 2 levels. Also no to unit #4402 Asian won't buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutButter View Post

$1,200 maintenance fee for this penthouse seems reasonable. The roof top patio is massive.
Old 02-14-2024, 07:22 PM   #30167
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutButter View Post

Surprisingly small kitchen for a 2,000 sq. ft. penthouse unit.

Also +1 to being surprised they didn't skip the 44th floor.
Old 02-14-2024, 07:40 PM   #30168
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 5,403 Times in 858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yameen View Post

Low chance of winning the dispute. Your parents were late and that's all the adjudicator will say.

You do not have to pay the $60k if you declare late so long as you file - assuming you're declaring home is occupied.
Old 02-14-2024, 08:23 PM   #30169

When was the last time you saw China people bitch on Reddit about tenant power and rents going up too high. You can't hate on them, they bust their ass, sew faster, chop chicken faster for your buddy guys to fry up at KFC and eat only chicken feet to save that money. Instead of going to cactus club every weekend and skip the dish Starbucks every day. They saved up to buy a house so they deserve it.

Also, I don't know much about the demographics of the land but by looking on a map it looks like Calgary and Edmonton has plenty of space to sprawl out unlike here being locked in by the mountain views and water that we say is worth it and pay so much to look at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
So I went to Calgary last weekend to visit my best friend, was looking for a house to buy as I have mentioned on here I have been considering moving there. Gave the realtor a list of 10 active listings on Friday morning, by Friday night he said only 3 were still available and by Saturday morning actually looking at them in person, only 2/3 were not yet sold. All 3 sold by Sunday.

Guess who was all there looking at them with me? Half of frickin Richmond lolol... all China peeps from Van and Tdot. Every listing was selling for a minimum of $25,000 up to $50,000 over asking price. 18 offers on one place I went to. And I'm not joking, it was just group after group of China people I couldn't even get in the door at one place.

It's insanity over there, the locals are pissed and the agents are rolling in $$$ like never before. Version 3.0 after Toronto and Vancouver I guess.

Basically if I do want a place there, I have to let the agent know the second a place I like comes available and he has to drive straight over there, do a facetime with me and then make an offer with no subjects and no inspection.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-14-2024, 10:07 PM   #30170
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
I visited Saskatoon and Regina in September because a buddy moved out there.

The first day I was there, I thought that it was pretty nice and quiet, that I could possibly move there, etc.

Five days later, I couldn't be more happier to be back at the airport flying home.

Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2024, 12:10 AM   #30171
in the butt

Thanked 3,222 Times in 1,184 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Ramon HG View Post

The first day I was there, I thought that it was pretty nice and quiet, that I could possibly move there, etc.

Five days later, I couldn't be more happier to be back at the airport flying home.

Dont lease us dry, for what reasons

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Originally Posted by Badhobz
I saw some bimbo live streaming her coffee order while standing in line. I wanted to slap the phone out of her hand and throw her into the bean grinder
donk. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2024, 12:22 AM   #30172
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by donk. View Post
Dont lease us dry, for what reasons
Nothing interesting.

Buddy was a failure during his university days (played video games and ate pizza all day) so his parents sold the house here and forced him to move back home with them, lmao.

For the past decade and a bit, he's been running gas stations with his parents. Followed him around for a day and it's some real honest living. It ain't for me, but he's happy and met his wife at church there.

There's surprisingly a decent Korean community over in Regina.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-15-2024, 03:41 AM   #30173
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 8,711 Times in 3,134 Posts
This sounds like Korean corner gas !
Badhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2024, 05:31 AM   #30174
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,347 Times in 5,651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMDreams View Post
When was the last time you saw China people bitch on Reddit about tenant power and rents going up too high. You can't hate on them, they bust their ass, sew faster, chop chicken faster for your buddy guys to fry up at KFC and eat only chicken feet to save that money. Instead of going to cactus club every weekend and skip the dish Starbucks every day. They saved up to buy a house so they deserve it.

Also, I don't know much about the demographics of the land but by looking on a map it looks like Calgary and Edmonton has plenty of space to sprawl out unlike here being locked in by the mountain views and water that we say is worth it and pay so much to look at.
So you’re the Chinaman Manic?
Old 02-15-2024, 05:48 AM   #30175
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Ramon HG View Post

This doesn't shock me, I can't speak too much on Saskatoon and I actually think it's better than Regina but after spending my first part of my life in Regina I'd never go back there to live. My parents currently live in a small city north of Regina and I can't stand going back even to visit.

I think for me it's just a lot of bad memories so I'm biased. Too be fair, we didn't live in the best neighbourhood when I was there, every bike I ever owned as a kid stolen including getting jumped for one well riding it, had a knife to my throat as a 13 year old, sucker punched and jumped by some random natives in an arcade with no interaction prior, some pedo tried to abduct me when I was 9 or 10 but I was able to get away unscathed. Just so many bad memories, I hate going back lol.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote