REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-24-2021, 06:48 PM   #17501
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,307 Posts
Imagine you look at a place and its got Gagganeau and Sub Zero appliances, and when you buy it, move in, and you get Moffat appliances from the 80s, would you be pissed? Obviously not a big deal to you guys. Ballin' hot shit on Revscene.
Advertisement

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 07:04 PM   #17502
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,063 Times in 1,182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
Imagine you look at a place and its got Gagganeau and Sub Zero appliances, and when you buy it, move in, and you get Moffat appliances from the 80s, would you be pissed? Obviously not a big deal to you guys. Ballin' hot shit on Revscene.
I think most Sub Zero and Gagganeau appliances are built in, would be hard to remove without damaging something in the process...
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-24-2021, 07:18 PM   #17503
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Damn, the houses that were going for $1.1-1.2m in Coquitlam in October are now going for $1.5m+. Super discouraging
van_driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 07:54 PM   #17504
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
a full-size appliance is a fixture as per blueprints
do you rip out the tree when you move too?

if something is of sentimental value then put it in the conditions it's going with you
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 08:04 PM   #17505
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
didn't think i'd need to repost my bubbles video again so soon in this thread

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 08:09 PM   #17506
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,913 Times in 3,873 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
The house is old, whomever that buys is really isn't buying it for the house, rather than the land itself. Chances of tear-down is quite high considering it's on Vancouver land. The next owner probably just gonna throw everything out...

Also it's the fact it's in mint condition that is <1 year old. Literally barely used; hence, just wondering.
You say that, but a friend of mine sold his lakefront property here that was prime for a teardown (OG small 70's house surrounded by mansions) but the people who bought it didn't bulldoze it.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 09:49 PM   #17507
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
New Condo building in T.O. $645 in strat fee's but they can't expect hot water at all times. What a joke. Who ever designed the system needs to be sued.

https://www.blogto.com/real-estate-t...M-Cmg26EjDhnts
Old 02-25-2021, 05:31 AM   #17508
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 5,403 Times in 858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
do you rip out the tree when you move too?
Yes, if they're pears.
Old 02-25-2021, 11:20 AM   #17509
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

wow.. the market is going insane.. was shopping for mom's townhome and asked realtor to book viewing for 10 different units.. all sold with backup offers in place..
this is worse than peak of 2017..
chinook79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 11:54 AM   #17510

Thanked 31,165 Times in 7,156 Posts
Yeah I’m starting to think this might be the straw that breaks the camels back here for me in Vancouver. 900k to upgrade to a 2 bedroom condo just isn’t worth it to see the poopoo filled ocean I’m not gonna swim in or be close to Whistler which is too busy to even enjoy.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 11:57 AM   #17511
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,344 Times in 972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonka View Post
To be on the safe side, note the make, model, colour and style of appliances for inclusions and exclusions into the purchcase agreement especially if the seller has noted an intention to swap or replace before closing. I've heard sellers doing switcheroos replacing top end appliances with basic units (although similar looking) because the buyers only put down fridge, stove, dishwasher.
It's true, when we sold our house years ago, the buyer specifically wanted us to leave the microwave which is 15+ yrs to stay.. weird.. as there are much nicer microwaves now but just funny they had that specifically written in.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 12:02 PM   #17512
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,325 Times in 5,641 Posts
Yea saw a house in my parents neighborhood where I used to know the family who lived there. House probably hasn’t been renovated in 10-15 years, nothing special 2800sq ft house

Listed at 1.46, sold over 1.6 first weekend..
Old 02-25-2021, 12:12 PM   #17513
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
In a market like this the key is not to get caught up and overpay.

A lot of people are overpaying right now because inventory is low, rates are low and money is cheap but eventually the rates will go up and cheap money will evaporate.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-25-2021, 12:35 PM   #17514
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,295 Times in 2,509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
In a market like this the key is not to get caught up and overpay.

A lot of people are overpaying right now because inventory is low, rates are low and money is cheap but eventually the rates will go up and cheap money will evaporate.
Harvey,

I always appreciate your insights on things, and your comment here is no different. The million dollar question that I think a lot of people ask is -- at what point is it overpaying, and at what point will those low rates and cheap money dry up? Since none of us have a crystal ball that can accurately predict the future, we don't really have an answer.

It is also possible that people think the factors you mentioned will continue for some time to come. Esp when it comes to low rates and cheap money, there are signs to suggest that they may yet continue for some time.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 12:49 PM   #17515
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 546 Posts
But the inventory will continue to remain low given how developments are handled by the City. For instance, a 'straight forward' rezoning and development application on average takes one year. Then maybe another 3-6 months to have all the other permits in place before you can even break ground.

On top of that, you have to deal wit the NIMBYs wand a split Council group who takes 2-3 council meetings to come to an agreement.
bcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 01:17 PM   #17516
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcedhk View Post
But the inventory will continue to remain low given how developments are handled by the City. For instance, a 'straight forward' rezoning and development application on average takes one year. Then maybe another 3-6 months to have all the other permits in place before you can even break ground.

On top of that, you have to deal wit the NIMBYs wand a split Council group who takes 2-3 council meetings to come to an agreement.
[Waldkirch] This is discouraging stuff if you think the status quo in Vancouver isn't working. Fighting over individual buildings is a terrible way to do this. Housing should be legal. A 6 floor apt in Kits, minutes from Downtown/Broadway, should be legal by right.

Click his tweet and read his entire thread on the meeting.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-25-2021, 01:23 PM   #17517
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
The house is old, whomever that buys is really isn't buying it for the house, rather than the land itself. Chances of tear-down is quite high considering it's on Vancouver land. The next owner probably just gonna throw everything out...

Also it's the fact it's in mint condition that is <1 year old. Literally barely used; hence, just wondering.
If the appliances matter that much to your buddy, and the buyer is in it for lot value anyways, then it's no harm to write it into the listing and the contract that those appliances aren't included. It's not going to matter to someone bidding mostly on lot value anyways.

Putting it in the listing as an exclusion: (1) saves your buddy from any potential dispute down the road, and (2) is just the upstanding thing to do.

Honestly, it's maybe $2K in appliances on a sale that's at minimum $1.2M. If he honestly believes it's a lot value sale it's not going to change the sell price anyways. Even if it does matter to the buyer, I'd guess that it's at most going to make maybe a $1K difference in final sale price (if even that), so he may as well do the proper thing and list them as exclusions.
Old 02-25-2021, 01:52 PM   #17518

Thanked 2,463 Times in 1,127 Posts
Lots of chatter online seems to reflect that it's local buyers who are driving market activity, which means the majority are taking out mortgages that are stress-tested. We are only in trouble if mortgage rates rise above 5%. I'm not sure if I can see an environment where we are in that territory.

A townhouse in my old neighbourhood was listed at $1.1M and sold for $1.36M in less than a week. Considering the aesthetic of that property and the marketing for it, it was a probably a local millennial couple that bought it. That is what seems to be driving the market - millennials and Oregon-Trailers who are sick of living in condos and need space for their home offices, kids, and pick-ups or sports cars.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...ales-1.5926928
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 02:06 PM   #17519
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,325 Times in 5,641 Posts
Imagine back at the beginning of this thread if you were told a global pandemic would be driving a rally like we’ve never seen when prices were already double what they were when the first message of this thread was posted asking if the bubble was ready to burst..
Old 02-25-2021, 02:14 PM   #17520

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
I know i was ready to buy an investment property right before the pandemic but i thought prices would drop cause of it. Man was i wrong.
RiceIntegraRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 02:15 PM   #17521
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapioca View Post
Lots of chatter online seems to reflect that it's local buyers who are driving market activity, which means the majority are taking out mortgages that are stress-tested. We are only in trouble if mortgage rates rise above 5%. I'm not sure if I can see an environment where we are in that territory.

A townhouse in my old neighbourhood was listed at $1.1M and sold for $1.36M in less than a week. Considering the aesthetic of that property and the marketing for it, it was a probably a local millennial couple that bought it. That is what seems to be driving the market - millennials and Oregon-Trailers who are sick of living in condos and need space for their home offices, kids, and pick-ups or sports cars.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...ales-1.5926928
Where and how old was the townhouse out of interest?
Liquid_o2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 02:17 PM   #17522
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceIntegraRS View Post
I know i was ready to buy an investment property right before the pandemic but i thought prices would drop cause of it. Man was i wrong.
Saw this on RFD that sums it up pretty well

Quote:
This is truly a unique time, as a result of COVID. Many BUYERS "need" and/or "desire" more space. Many SELLERS currently neither "need" nor "desire" to change their spaces.

Significantly stimulated BUYING, significantly squashed SELLING.

Because of my work, I meet buyers and sellers each week in an indirect way. Regardless of all the many normal reasons (and government-incented reasons) why prices are going up in these COVID times (monetary policy, interest rates, etc.), the above most basic concept is dominating. I've met many elderly owners of large houses and even multiple properties. Normally they'd be selling around now, but because of COVID, they don't want all the many interactions. Also, the rapid acceleration in prices over the past 3-6 months is also supporting their desire to not sell yet.

The only house sellers that I've been seeing recently, fall into these categories:

- sellers that want even more house
- separating couples
- people that are eager to unload problematic or less-desirable properties
- investors that see rents stagnant/absent/declining (or having problem-tenants) that see these prices as a great time to cash out or migrate to new property investments

Absent is the traditional reason: move location because of a job location change. Because of all this, it's a great time to unload a property that is less desirable or difficult to sell in flat/down markets. It seems almost anything is able to be sold now.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 02:20 PM   #17523
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,727 Times in 894 Posts
^^ it's because ppl who lost work wasn't really in the housing market anyways or maybe entry level, that's why we see condos are flat. Majority of the ppl buying now I think are upgrading or middle income earners who's income wasn't affected by the pandemic or maybe even benefited from it. And obviously banks aren't gonna lend to people who were recently on cerb. I think the lending system currently is strict enough that even if the rates rise back to pre pandemic we won't be seeing a huge crash maybe just slow down price increase again. Most people choose fixed rates right now since they are so cheap so even if the rates rise it makes no difference to them. And all the people who have debt is actually paying it off faster or have free cash flow due to cheaper rates.
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 02:25 PM   #17524
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,727 Times in 894 Posts
I honestly feel like activity hasn't really started yet, we're still in winter, pandemic. There's still barely any listings. I think we still continue to see prices move up as we get into summer fall. It's not like you can go on summer vacation so ppl will continue to transact during the traditional peak season.
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 02:40 PM   #17525

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceIntegraRS View Post
I almost banked my equity and rented last January, felt I over paid at the time now I'm glad I made the purchase.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: