REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-23-2021, 11:33 AM   #17476
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,341 Times in 557 Posts
Are realtors not allowed to represent both the buyer+seller now?

As in buyers NEED to have an agent as well? Or is it possible to conduct a sale with only a selling agent?
Advertisement

Last edited by PiuYi; 02-23-2021 at 01:26 PM.
PiuYi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 01:11 PM   #17477
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,828 Times in 2,512 Posts
unless things have changed i think there's a disclosure form that you sign that you're aware and ok with it no?

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 01:17 PM   #17478
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,422 Times in 918 Posts
Can a realtor represent themselves?

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 02:31 PM   #17479
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiuYi View Post
Are realtors not allowed to represent both the buyer+seller now?
Correct. Realtors cannot represent both the seller and buyer as clients in the same transaction.

Quote:
As in buyers NEED to have an agent as well? Or is it possible to conduct a sale with only a selling agent?
The Buyer doesn't need a realtor to represent them.

Yes, the Buyer can conduct a transaction through the listing agent, however the buyer would be an unrepresented party. This means that while the listing agent can print out the documentation for you (buyer) to write an offer, they will not give you any guidance/opinion/advice as to what you should put in the offer. This includes price, subject conditions, etc. On the flip side, the listing agent is still able to double-end the commission unless otherwise noted in the listing agreement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbs View Post
Can a realtor represent themselves?
Yes. As GLOW mentioned, there's a form called "Disclosure of Interest in Trade" that will need to accompany any offer. Have to be careful though, Errors & Omissions Insurance does not cover transactions where the Realtor brokers their own deal.

"Harvey Belafonte ain't black. He's just a good looking white guy dipped in caramel. " - Archie Bunker
Bonka is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-23-2021, 03:35 PM   #17480
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,933 Times in 3,882 Posts
Is that why I see listings that mention the owner is a realtor?
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 03:53 PM   #17481
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Realtors can't be a representing party to both buyer and seller because that's a huge conflict of interest. Why this was only recently changed is up to anyone's guess ($$$$$$$)

If you're a buyer then there really is no reason to not have a realtor working on your behalf because nothing comes out of your pocket. That's why you're hearing more and more people talking about having buyer agents do a cash incentive kickback to you upon completion of your purchase.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-23-2021, 05:49 PM   #17482
rb
Network Admin Team

Thanked 1,532 Times in 534 Posts
Double-ending still occurs. Just not as openly to get around the rules. It was often the only way that you could get a place.

I wouldn't have been able to buy my place back in 2016 If I didn't use the sellers agent as my buyers agent. The agent was pretty much working against the seller (her client as well) so I could stay in the bidding process and she could get full commish.
rb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 05:55 PM   #17483
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,341 Times in 557 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb View Post
I wouldn't have been able to buy my place back in 2016 If I didn't use the sellers agent as my buyers agent. The agent was pretty much working against the seller (her client as well) so I could stay in the bidding process and she could get full commish.
sounds like a scumbag agent
PiuYi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-24-2021, 07:39 AM   #17484
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,828 Times in 2,512 Posts

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 10:31 AM   #17485
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Buddy of mines is putting up his house for sale (old house) and has a relatively new washer/dryer (<1 year old). I suggested he move them to his new place as backup after house is sold (considering new shit these days break easily). Generally my understanding people buy the house for house/land and not your appliances inside (unless it's stated on contract dryer/washer to be included). Can he just take it with him after house is sold? He just doesn't want the buyer to come back later on and be like, "where's the washer/dryer" etc.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 10:36 AM   #17486
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
Buddy of mines is putting up his house for sale (old house) and has a relatively new washer/dryer (<1 year old). I suggested he move them to his new place as backup after house is sold (considering new shit these days break easily). Generally my understanding people buy the house for house/land and not your appliances inside (unless it's stated on contract dryer/washer to be included). Can he just take it with him after house is sold? He just doesn't want the buyer to come back later on and be like, "where's the washer/dryer" etc.
The seller needs to ensure that their realtor does not list those appliances as fixtures/appliances in the listing. Some realtors will go above and beyond and list them as specifically not included.

If they are included in the listing as features/fixtures, then your buddy's obligated to include them with the house. You can't switcheroo them with shittier ones after closing either. If he wants to keep them then I'd recommend that he have his realtor list them as exclusions to ensure there's no confusion down the line.

Usually large appliances ARE listed features/fixtures: fridge, stove, dishwasher, clothes washer, dryer. Most buyers will assume these come with the house, so if you want to keep them I think it's important to mention that in the listing.
Old 02-24-2021, 10:37 AM   #17487
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:

You state on the sales contract what is included as part of the sale. When I recently purchased a house one of the refrigerators was excluded as it was the tenant's.
stylez2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-24-2021, 10:56 AM   #17488
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,846 Times in 1,781 Posts
Quote:
That depends on the type of appliance. If it's screwed/permanently mounted like a wall oven, cooktop, built-in fridge/dishwasher and/or can't be removed without damage or significant alteration (Ie: not a simple unplug) it's likely considered a fixture and is part of the house (it's why if I ever sell my house I'm taking the expensive commercial LED strip lamps in my garage down and replacing them with cheapo regular bulb holders before I list the house).

Just a regular fridge or washer/dryer that can be unplugged and moved then maybe not. But, I think it's pretty standard for real estate agents to write a clause to include these when they draft the purchase contract for the buyers so always check what that states.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 11:04 AM   #17489

To be on the safe side, note the make, model, colour and style of appliances for inclusions and exclusions into the purchcase agreement especially if the seller has noted an intention to swap or replace before closing. I've heard sellers doing switcheroos replacing top end appliances with basic units (although similar looking) because the buyers only put down fridge, stove, dishwasher.

"Harvey Belafonte ain't black. He's just a good looking white guy dipped in caramel. " - Archie Bunker
Bonka is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-24-2021, 11:58 AM   #17490
RS controls my life!

Quote:
A thorough realtor would make it very clear in the sale agreement that all the appliances, furnace, water boiler etc. in the house are guaranteed to be in working order at closing. That's what my realtor did and before closing, we inspected every appliance in the house, found that the ice-maker in the fridge wasn't working and was able to get the seller's lawyer to withhold $500 for repair during closing.
GGnoRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 01:20 PM   #17491
Old School RS

Thanked 3,960 Times in 1,208 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonka View Post
I've heard sellers doing switcheroos replacing top end appliances with basic units (although similar looking) because the buyers only put down fridge, stove, dishwasher.
That's not a thing. The way the standard real estate agreement is worded is it says all fixtures in place as of the viewing, which took place on XYZ date, which includes (but is not limited to) stove, dishwasher, etc.

The important thing is the contract doesn't say "it includes a dishwasher", it says "it includes the dishwasher you saw on Feb 14th"

-Mark
Old 02-24-2021, 01:37 PM   #17492
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
The more important question is why.
How much is that washer/dryer worth? To add it to the things that need to be moved and storage cost imo isn't worth it.
I'd just wait for the washer/dryer at the new place to breakdown and replace it with a new washer/dryer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-24-2021, 02:48 PM   #17493

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
The more important question is why.
How much is that washer/dryer worth? To add it to the things that need to be moved and storage cost imo isn't worth it.
I'd just wait for the washer/dryer at the new place to breakdown and replace it with a new washer/dryer.
The house is old, whomever that buys is really isn't buying it for the house, rather than the land itself. Chances of tear-down is quite high considering it's on Vancouver land. The next owner probably just gonna throw everything out...

Also it's the fact it's in mint condition that is <1 year old. Literally barely used; hence, just wondering.
Old 02-24-2021, 02:57 PM   #17494
RS controls my life!

I feel like this is a trivial problem you are describing. Why not just make that clear during the sale of the house that the seller wants to keep the appliances and is not part the sale? Then the buyer can take that into account before making their offer price. What you wrote in original post was "I suggested he move them to his new place as backup after house is sold" which seems like a scam against the buyer.
GGnoRE is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-24-2021, 03:27 PM   #17495

Thanked 1,022 Times in 450 Posts
It's a fraction of a percent in the grand scheme of things. Why anyone would make an issue out of this is just petty. Easy way out? How about including it in the damn price?
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-24-2021, 04:03 PM   #17496

Sorry if my buddy offends you guys sounding like some cheapo (he's just wondering and asked me (which I don't know jack all) since he is a noob). I forgot you guys on RS clear $250K annually and such are pocket change
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-24-2021, 05:51 PM   #17497
Need to Seek Professional Help

how would you feel if you were the buyer and the seller did that to you?...you dont need to know jack all...just put yourself in their shoes

this isn't about making money its about morals and ethics here
Sw0op is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-24-2021, 06:09 PM   #17498
It's like going crazy when you're already nuts

Thanked 2,904 Times in 751 Posts
If it's written in the contract and both parties sign on the dotted line, then it's fair game. But if Euro7r's buddy tries to pull a fast one on the buyer, then that's pretty shady.

In our recent TH purchase, all light fixtures were supposed to be included with the sale, but the seller took a ceiling light that was supposed to have stayed behind. I think I could've gone after her for it technically but I didn't bother since I was going to junk it anyway.
Old 02-24-2021, 06:32 PM   #17499

Thanked 2,184 Times in 967 Posts
Quote:
The house is old, whomever that buys is really isn't buying it for the house, rather than the land itself. Chances of tear-down is quite high considering it's on Vancouver land. The next owner probably just gonna throw everything out...

Also it's the fact it's in mint condition that is <1 year old. Literally barely used; hence, just wondering.
How much is this lot and where is it? Cause I'm shopping for one.
Old 02-24-2021, 06:44 PM   #17500
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Lol, sounds like the plot to the Richard Pryor movie, "Moving".

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote