REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-20-2016, 04:38 PM   #7826
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Joys of owning a home. I live in a detached which has a separate garage facing an alley in East Vancouver.

My neighbour has been rolling his green bins over to my side of the fence. It bothers me but it's fine because it causes no trouble.

Now in the summer, they dumped foam insulation in front of my garage (wall part, not gate). I asked him nicely to not place it on my side. He bluntly said "what's your problem, the alley is not your property. I can put it in front of your fence." Me: wtf?

Today, I came home to a portable heater and an ironing board leaning against my garage.

What should I do?? Trying to find an appropriate solution.
Advertisement
Special K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 04:42 PM   #7827
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

toss it back into his yard
kr4l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 05:27 PM   #7828
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Special K View Post
Joys of owning a home. I live in a detached which has a separate garage facing an alley in East Vancouver.

My neighbour has been rolling his green bins over to my side of the fence. It bothers me but it's fine because it causes no trouble.

Now in the summer, they dumped foam insulation in front of my garage (wall part, not gate). I asked him nicely to not place it on my side. He bluntly said "what's your problem, the alley is not your property. I can put it in front of your fence." Me: wtf?

Today, I came home to a portable heater and an ironing board leaning against my garage.

Don't get mad, get even.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-20-2016, 05:50 PM   #7829
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:

Hang up some pie plates...

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-20-2016, 06:18 PM   #7830
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,308 Times in 1,776 Posts
Quote:

Establish dominance. Take a shit on his front door and piss all over his yard.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 06:27 PM   #7831

Appropriate measures guys. I'm searching for peaceful resolution, not something that will get my house burned down.

The thing is I don't have undisputable evidence that he put it there. It's easy to toss it back but unlikely to resolve anything.
Old 08-20-2016, 06:35 PM   #7832
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

^you tried talking to him and it didn't work. Putting it back onto his property seems very reasonable. Put it exactly on his property where he put it on yours.
kr4l is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-20-2016, 06:42 PM   #7833

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Appropriate measures guys. I'm searching for peaceful resolution, not something that will get my house burned down.

The thing is I don't have undisputable evidence that he put it there. It's easy to toss it back but unlikely to resolve anything.

You tried to be reasonable and logical, he told you to fuck off he doesn't give a fuck what you think. He's thrown being a good neighbor out the window, no use trying to be nice when he doesn't give a shit about you.

You're going to have to one up him, see how much a couple yards of manure is and have that shit dropped in front of his garage well he's at work. It's not like he owns the alley right?

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-20-2016, 06:51 PM   #7834
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
Establish dominance. Take a shit on his front door and piss all over his yard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
You tried to be reasonable and logical, he told you to fuck off he doesn't give a fuck what you think. He's thrown being a good neighbor out the window, no use trying to be nice when he doesn't give a shit about you.

You're going to have to one up him, see how much a couple yards of manure is and have that shit dropped in front of his garage well he's at work. It's not like he owns the alley right?
+1

he doesn't give a fuck about you or what you think, why even bother to show him any kind of respect back? take his crap and make a mess of it in front of his garage.
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 07:05 PM   #7835
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post

Shitexpress · Send shit in a box to someone, stay anonymous, pay with Bitcoin/PayPal
trip is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-20-2016, 08:08 PM   #7836

Thanked 3,060 Times in 1,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timpo View Post
But this new tax rule only applies to non-Canadian buyers though?

So I guess this just shows that Richmond's potential buyers were only non-Canadians.

I know it's nothing new, but still...interesting.
Yeah, target market for my parents' house is likely Asian buyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by asian_XL View Post
having my cash ready to buy big houses in Richmond.
Big house on big lot, ~20 years old but excellent condition, $3M, you interested?
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 08:50 PM   #7837

Quote:
Originally Posted by kr4l View Post
^you tried talking to him and it didn't work. Putting it back onto his property seems very reasonable. Put it exactly on his property where he put it on yours.
Done.

I bet he is going to fuck with me further. Why can't people just be reasonable?
Old 08-20-2016, 08:54 PM   #7838

Noted. But I will probably get in so much shit if anyone finds out.
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-20-2016, 10:45 PM   #7839

Thanked 31,139 Times in 7,148 Posts
Have sex with his wife, daughter, or both at once depending on how mad you are.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-20-2016, 11:30 PM   #7840
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
Big house on big lot, ~20 years old but excellent condition, $3M, you interested?
$3 million is shit load of money if you think about it.

If I had that money, I'd rather have a $2.5 million house + Liberty Walk Aventador

Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-21-2016, 12:01 AM   #7841
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:

Start putting your shit over on his side of the fence.
hi-revs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 12:12 AM   #7842
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,316 Times in 5,636 Posts
Honestly to me it's like insane that ducking idiots act like that.

In my world I act in 1's and 0's. There's a right way to do things and a wrong way, period.

If you're puting fucking garbage in "our" lane, it's the wrong way.

If the person can't understand that basic logic, then honestly, drastic measures probably hVe to be taken because he/she probably assumes their actions are acceptable and lives by those morals.

I am dealing with a similar situation right now and honestly, it's infuriating to no end.
Old 08-21-2016, 12:23 AM   #7843
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,762 Times in 904 Posts
Quote:

Well for starters depending on the property line there's a decent chance that crap leaning against your garage is on City property. If you have or in the future gain evidence i.e. recorded video then you can report that as illegal dumping and he may get fined for dumping on City property.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 01:03 AM   #7844
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 4,359 Times in 382 Posts
Quote:
Done.

I bet he is going to fuck with me further. Why can't people just be reasonable?
Break the shit he leaves on your property into a million pieces and scatter it across his property. You gave him a chance. You're not going anywhere and neither is he, so be the guy he thinks is going to burn his house down if he keeps fucking with you.

Just be a shit neighbor and make his life miserable until he gets the point. Shitty neighbors are the worst.

Last edited by ShanghaiKid; 08-21-2016 at 01:13 AM.
ShanghaiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 01:11 AM   #7845
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,426 Times in 482 Posts
do they grow vegetables n shit in their backyard?
throw some vinegar at it- done
Fafine is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-21-2016, 03:15 AM   #7846

Thanked 7,448 Times in 1,438 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timpo View Post
$3 million is shit load of money if you think about it.

If I had that money, I'd rather have a $2.5 million house + Liberty Walk Aventador

or buy a 1mil house somewhere in california, 1mil on Mclaren P1, 1mil to party and work at mcdonalds.
asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 06:18 AM   #7847
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,814 Times in 957 Posts
Quote:

Solution: burn his house down first.
flagella is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-21-2016, 01:18 PM   #7848

Thanked 1,090 Times in 318 Posts
You can fake a letter from the city that a neighbour has sent video evidence of illegal dumping from his house to your house. This is a warning and if a second video is submitted a $1000 dollar fine will be issued.

Or you can actually place a video camera and make a formal complaint to the city of illegal dumping from said neighbour. Then use the footage to make pictures of him dumping shit and put posters saying have you seen this guy dumping garbage in your alleys. Call the city to complain.

You can always go full retard and smear dog shit on the neighbours car door handles every morning.
corollagtSr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-21-2016, 07:41 PM   #7849

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asian_XL View Post
or buy a 1mil house somewhere in california, 1mil on Mclaren P1, 1mil to party and work at mcdonalds.
I don't think you can buy a McLaren P1 for $1 million.

I think it's like $3 million or sometimes close to $4 million.

The price will probably go up since people have crashed some of them already and the total production is limited to 375 units.
Some of them have already been converted into a race car, which is no longer street legal and will be a matter of time til it's crashed.

*edit* Google says the McLaren F1 is already reaching up to $15 million.
Case in point, I don't think you can buy a P1 for $1 million.

Last edited by Timpo; 08-21-2016 at 07:47 PM.
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-22-2016, 10:55 AM   #7850
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,035 Times in 548 Posts
err ^ well, right back at your TIMPO, I dont think you can get a LB Aventador for $500,000 either.....

AE101 Rolla 96' //Sold
RPS13 240SX 90' //STOLEN
RMS13 240SX 91' //Scrapped
RHS13 240SX 90' //Scrapped
S35 Rogue 12' //Gifted to Parents
GD 6MT Elantra 13' //Sold
CZ4A 5MT GSR Evo 08' // Totalled
Ioniq DCT 19' //Traded in
NA MX-5 5MT 97' // Sold
Prius Prime 21' //Traded in
Tesla Model 3 RWD DD
GSX-R 600 K5' Mental Therapy