REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-28-2021, 08:51 AM   #17226
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
If I were the buyer, would have came back and egg-ed the OP house for wasting my time LOL.
That'd be dumb and it'd be blatantly obvious who it was. Don't forget the seller also has your information from the contract.
Advertisement
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-28-2021, 09:19 AM   #17227
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,459 Times in 5,117 Posts
Quote:
If I were the buyer, would have came back and egg-ed the OP house for wasting my time LOL.
I don't think so, the offer was still below the ask.

If you offered the asking price and they pulled the listing, then you'd have more a reason to be "a little bit upset"
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-28-2021, 09:38 AM   #17228
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

As someone on the buyer side in one of the more heated segments ("cheap", detached, E Van), I found the strategy of listing low with no intention of accepting any offer near the listed price pretty frustrating. That said, I don't think it's unethical per se, just an annoying strategy. It clearly works for some sellers based on what I saw.

One area where it impacts buyers negatively is if you have more than one property on a given weekend that you are considering putting in an offer on. You can't really submit multiple offers, so it's a lost opportunity if you end up submitting an offer that you think is reasonable but has no hope of acceptance.

A good realtor on the buyer side will help you mitigate much of this based on their expertise and by sussing things out with the listing agent. My realtor could smell the listings that were intentionally listed low/set up for multiple offers from a mile away, which helped me avoid any disappointment with rejected offers at/above ask.

Last edited by carsncars; 01-28-2021 at 09:56 AM.
carsncars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 09:58 AM   #17229
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,908 Times in 755 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
Why are you teasing us. Inquiring minds would like to know why your wife delisted it.
meh...I wanted to sell as i'd rather live in my condo and get da caysh for some new wheels/tires .

wife decided against it, perhaps emotional decision - no idea why and don't care albeit the house is only going to appreciate over next few years.

I think part of it was the lack of inventory in the area she wanted to buy into - only wants new builds and her fear of not finding anything within the 2month possession window was freaking her out.

personally... I felt the realtor priced it too low to enable a quick sale.
Acura604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-28-2021, 01:23 PM   #17230
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acura604 View Post
meh...I wanted to sell as i'd rather live in my condo and get da caysh for some new wheels/tires .

wife decided against it, perhaps emotional decision - no idea why and don't care albeit the house is only going to appreciate over next few years.

I think part of it was the lack of inventory in the area she wanted to buy into - only wants new builds and her fear of not finding anything within the 2month possession window was freaking her out.

personally... I felt the realtor priced it too low to enable a quick sale.
The price listed by the realtor would have been agreed by you in the first place. They don't just list whatever they feel, "you would have agreed to the price first that you want (it is your house, not the realtor)". So essentially I feel you are wasting everyone time...

Also if the buyer offered exactly your asking, would your wife have agreed to sell it? Doesn't sound like it.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 01:34 PM   #17231

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
Quote:
The price listed by the realtor would have been agreed by you in the first place. They don't just list whatever they feel, "you would have agreed to the price first that you want (it is your house, not the realtor)". So essentially I feel you are wasting everyone time...

Also if the buyer offered exactly your asking, would your wife have agreed to sell it? Doesn't sound like it.
But again everyone knows the list price doesnt mean anything. Its a useless starting point. Acura604s wife is probably wasting "people" time but its not like shes the only one. Everyone does it in some form of shape or another. Im not gonna vilify him just because hes telling us the truth in a sea of liars. (Sea = The Real Estate Game)
RiceIntegraRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 02:03 PM   #17232
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:

To be fair the Realtor's are the expert and there are some Realtor out there that list low just for quick flips. For example if you're looking in the Cloverdale area and see a Tony Z listing you can almost bet it's listed on the lower side of the market.

Every person listing should do their homework and have a general idea what their house is worth but at the same time isn't that why you're paying these experts a lot of money for? I'm guessing he listed he got an offer instantly so now he's having second thoughts on the price.

Don't get me wrong I'm not that guy, if I'm going through the trouble of listing I would have already made up my mind and I'm not pulling it off the market but I could see a scenario like the above.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 02:07 PM   #17233
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,239 Times in 1,225 Posts
It sounds like they were never prepared to sell in the first place if it's taken off the market within a day. Whether it was priced for a bidding war or not, the offer made the situation too real for them and got cold feet so they backed out. Perhaps a learning experience going forward.
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-28-2021, 02:16 PM   #17234
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
It sounds like they were never prepared to sell in the first place if it's taken off the market within a day. Whether it was priced for a bidding war or not, the offer made the situation too real for them and got cold feet so they backed out. Perhaps a learning experience going forward.
I'd go one step further and the realtor didn't do a good enough job talking to OP and his wife to make sure they were ready to sell.

I mean getting a showing the next day but no word of an open house or plan of attack to sell the unit.

Definitely something isn't jiving right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 02:24 PM   #17235

Quote:

who cares? you think i'm the only one who has delisted a listing in this entire city? its really none of your business
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-28-2021, 02:27 PM   #17236

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
To be fair the Realtor's are the expert and there are some Realtor out there that list low just for quick flips. For example if you're looking in the Cloverdale area and see a Tony Z listing you can almost bet it's listed on the lower side of the market.

Every person listing should do their homework and have a general idea what their house is worth but at the same time isn't that why you're paying these experts a lot of money for? I'm guessing he listed he got an offer instantly so now he's having second thoughts on the price.

Don't get me wrong I'm not that guy, if I'm going through the trouble of listing I would have already made up my mind and I'm not pulling it off the market but I could see a scenario like the above.
realtors are NOT experts...especially the jackasses who come around with stupid notes like:

"I have a buyer for your home please contact me"...b.s.....just a con to try and list with them.

reality is - the current crop of new builds are not as nice and are priced much higher now. ... like in the 1.6mil+ dept which is not what we want.
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-28-2021, 02:30 PM   #17237

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
it never had anything to do with a bidding war.... wife loves the house so she has a sort of emotional attachment - can't blame her, its a damn nice place.

cold feet and shit moving so fast is what did it.
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-28-2021, 03:19 PM   #17238
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
it never had anything to do with a bidding war.... wife loves the house so she has a sort of emotional attachment - can't blame her, its a damn nice place.

cold feet and shit moving so fast is what did it.
This is a legit reason, hence why I said it was on the realtor.

If they did their job properly and explained things to you and your wife, they would never have been in this position.

In the end, the realtor wasted your time, their own time and the buyer's time by going after the quick sale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-28-2021, 05:48 PM   #17239
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,514 Times in 4,312 Posts
Quote:
I knew it!

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 06:02 PM   #17240
It's like going crazy when you're already nuts

Thanked 2,904 Times in 751 Posts
1727 Pitt River Rd.

Normally wouldn't bat an eye at an old rancher, but check out the garage!

Google Street View shows that he had a W124 300TE at one point as well. Maybe gilly's old car?

Last edited by jing; 01-28-2021 at 06:07 PM.
jing is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-28-2021, 07:04 PM   #17241
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
South PoCo is full retard right now. That place sold in a day.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 07:25 PM   #17242
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,225 Times in 1,027 Posts
So the market's been a little crazy.

We were planning to sell in the spring and move to a duplex or detached from our townhouse. Not so sure anymore. The supply is super tight and I am a little concerned about selling and not being able to get back in.
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 07:27 PM   #17243

Thanked 2,463 Times in 1,127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoFire View Post

We were planning to sell in the spring and move to a duplex or detached from our townhouse. Not so sure anymore. The supply is super tight and I am a little concerned about selling and not being able to get back in.
You need to buy first and find a way to juggle two properties if you can't line up the dates.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 07:43 PM   #17244
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoFire View Post

Same, moving from a duplex to a detached. We were just waiting for a similar unit to sell and then list ours. Had the realtor come out, take the pics and get ready to list assuming something would come for sale. Well we put it off for a month cause Christmas etc but we have been looking since and nothing remotely close to what we’re looking for. Inventory sucks, looking at new builds but most are shit builds
VR6GTI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 10:16 PM   #17245
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,225 Times in 1,027 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR6GTI View Post
Same, moving from a duplex to a detached. We were just waiting for a similar unit to sell and then list ours. Had the realtor come out, take the pics and get ready to list assuming something would come for sale. Well we put it off for a month cause Christmas etc but we have been looking since and nothing remotely close to what we’re looking for. Inventory sucks, looking at new builds but most are shit builds
I also didn't mentioned that the "class" of homes we are looking at just exploded in price over the last few months.... Cause money is free now.
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 10:21 PM   #17246
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,824 Times in 3,904 Posts
it's also dead of winter rn
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 12:40 PM   #17247
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,815 Times in 341 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jing View Post
1727 Pitt River Rd.

Normally wouldn't bat an eye at an old rancher, but check out the garage!

Google Street View shows that he had a W124 300TE at one point as well. Maybe gilly's old car?
Yup thats him! I bought my 300TE from this owner. Yah he told me had a couple porsches.

lol i still have a photo when I went to his house to check out the car. Miss this girl.

2018 Golf R MK7.5 (Daily)
2001 S2000 (Weekend Warrior)
1991 Merc 300 TE-24 AMG Estate - Sold
2005 STi - Sold
1987 AE86 GTS - Sold
1986 AE86 GTS - Sold
gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-29-2021, 03:20 PM   #17248
Need to Seek Professional Help

I'm not trying to stir up feelings of fomo but please keep in mind that detached inventory is at decade lows. If detached inventory doesn't increase at record breaking levels for the Spring market (extremely unlikely at this point) we will see significant price increases this year unless rates go up or something destroys the housing market. A 15-20% increase this year for "affordable detached" is not out of the question with how hot the market is right now.
Use Zealty.ca to keep track of selling prices.
Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 06:55 PM   #17249
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,729 Times in 895 Posts
^^ this, there's like no inventory even for close to 2 million, unless you go to Surrey
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 10:25 PM   #17250
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Went to go check out this one today.

https://www.realtor.ca/real-estate/2...street-burnaby

Realter mentioned he has over 100 showings this past week and offers on Monday.
vash13 is offline   Reply With Quote