REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 12-18-2015, 12:30 PM   #2601
Driving around in circles

Thanked 1,370 Times in 272 Posts
Felix speaks English so you can ask to speak with him at dabox

Quote:
Originally Posted by white rocket View Post
Good god man!! yer killin' me here :P. Not the best reviews on FB for that place. How does one purchase stuff from them? Langauge barrier is rough. I'd buy them all if they were available.
Advertisement
!Kodamu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 04:52 PM   #2602
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Kodamu View Post
Felix speaks English so you can ask to speak with him at dabox
using the facebook messenger is not great for dabox, at least when i try. i have better luck with email, more so with felix like kodamu said.
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 04:53 PM   #2603
Witness protection

ugh. hondas are still in my blood although i haven't owned one for awhile now... i caved and went to A&J and got a white one:

it says GICO on the back, but everything about it (eg. the model base and plaque) looks like hi-story?i don't normally collect 1:43 scale so i'm not sure?

"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
This post thanked by:
Old 12-18-2015, 08:45 PM   #2604

It is a hi-story. I just don't like how it is so never got one. Very happy with my hpiracing one.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-18-2015, 09:22 PM   #2605
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Picked up some new RWB 1:43's.

Old 12-22-2015, 11:56 AM   #2606
Witness protection

Toronto Motorsports Newsletter Boxing Week YEAR-END CLEARANCE 2015
This post thanked by:
Old 12-24-2015, 12:48 AM   #2607
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,785 Times in 3,891 Posts
sweet baby jesus

BBR New Ferrari LaFerrari "Open" & LaFerrari Green Monster! - Diecastsociety.com
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 08:31 PM   #2608
Witness protection

tarmac works spoon eg6 at toysoul 2015 show (not my video)

This post thanked by:
Old 12-26-2015, 08:40 PM   #2609
Witness protection

star wars stuff from same show

Old 12-26-2015, 09:54 PM   #2610
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,785 Times in 3,891 Posts
anyone using an ikea detolf glass cabinet?

I'm guessing the compatible ikea lighting isn't bright enough for the lower shelves?

Where's a good place to get tempered glass/ hardware to add more shelf without breaking the bank?

something like

Spoiler!
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 10:46 PM   #2611
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,098 Times in 4,998 Posts
Damn, jumped on tomotorsports boxing day sale on Christmas Day as soon as it went live... but not really too much good on there... unless you want a 1:12 version of the BMW Z4 for like $140... way below the regular selling price of course, but not a very desirable vehicle despite supposedly being a pretty good model.

Kyoho 1:12 Ferrari F40 LM in black was a good price too... seriously considered that one...
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 10:48 PM   #2612
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,098 Times in 4,998 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post

I'm guessing the compatible ikea lighting isn't bright enough for the lower shelves?

Where's a good place to get tempered glass/ hardware to add more shelf without breaking the bank
Don't remember the name of the shop, but there is a place south of Steveston Highway in Richmond on Shell Rd (industrial park area) where you used to turn in to go to the old AirCare... right there facing Shell is a glass place that can cut to specification. I broke a shelf in my Grandma's antique china cabinet years ago and took one of the other shelves in to them and they remade it exactly to spec the same day and it was cheap cheap cheap.

edit: I stopped being lazy and went on google maps... it's called "Island Glass" it was a bunch of old super experienced dudes in there when I went... but it has been about 5 years.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-26-2015, 11:55 PM   #2613

I got my glass cut at Bridgeport and Sweden way in the mall where the Starbucks is at. It was pretty cheap.

You can see the glass at the top and bottom of the picture.

This post thanked by:
Old 12-28-2015, 05:54 PM   #2614
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,427 Times in 1,048 Posts
Ignition Model, making your dream mods in expensive scale form...

AmiAmi [Character & Hobby Shop] | 1/18 Nissan Fairlady Z (S30) Gun Metallic(Pre-order)

AmiAmi [Character & Hobby Shop] | 1/43 Nissan Fairlady Z(Z32) Yellow(Tentative Pre-order)
Old 12-28-2015, 06:21 PM   #2615
2-Wheelin' Mod

Finally assembled and "furnished" our Monarch shelf unit in our living room:

The top shelf is the 2014 Spark (resin) Championship LH, the middle shelf is a 2011 Minichamps Mclaren LH and the bottom shelf is a 1997 Onyx JV Championship model.

Eventually I'll store all of my car and bike books along the bottom shelf and will have a pair of 1:2 replica race helmets on the top (2015 LH and a VR, likely).

Very happy to finally have this up and with the addition of the lights it's very nice.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-30-2015, 10:13 PM   #2616
alf
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Thanked 1,065 Times in 89 Posts
alf is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-01-2016, 07:01 AM   #2617
Witness protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post

Where's a good place to get tempered glass/ hardware to add more shelf without breaking the bank?

something like
the last time i had tempered glass cut, crystal glass in burnaby (close to the new west border) gave me the best quote. of course the more panes you order the cheaper it gets so plan accordingly.

as for the hardware, i'm not sure. is it specific to the deltof?
This post thanked by:
Old 01-01-2016, 07:03 AM   #2618
Witness protection

also wondering how did everyone's collections fare in the "earthquake" we had earlier? some of my stuff was bumping into each other like a newton's cradle

Last edited by thumper; 01-04-2016 at 03:37 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-01-2016, 09:55 AM   #2619
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

some of my choro q's were trying to escape. But everyone is accounted for
tonyzoomzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-01-2016, 10:26 AM   #2620

I just get the hardware from home Depot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
the last time i had tempered glass cut, crystal glass in burnaby (close to the new west border) gave me the best quote. of course the more panes you order the cheaper it gets so plan accordingly.

as for the hardware, i'm not sure. is it specific to the deltof?
This post thanked by:
Old 01-01-2016, 12:42 PM   #2621
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
also wondering how did everyone's collections fare in the "earthquake" we had earlier. some of my stuff was bumping into each other with a rythmic sound
Wondering how our collections will withstand the "big one" which is supposed to be around magnitude 9..
JDM88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 01:55 PM   #2622
Witness protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM88 View Post
Wondering how our collections will withstand the "big one" which is supposed to be around magnitude 9..
i saw a post on a diecast message board from a collector that went through the last earthquake in japan (tokyo) and he lost his small autoart collection that he kept in a basic shelving unit. all i can say is that diecast will dent in a big way when falling from 5-6ft and then have the shelf itself fall on top of it

the shelving unit itself was just particle wood laminate, with hinged glass doors. i don't know the brand. but the rocking back and forth caused the points where the screws held the unit together to split and break apart.

Last edited by thumper; 01-01-2016 at 02:05 PM.
Old 01-01-2016, 02:03 PM   #2623
Witness protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Kodamu View Post
I just get the hardware from home Depot.
if that's the case be sure to check home hardware as well. they had stuff i couldn't get at home depot.
Old 01-02-2016, 07:59 PM   #2624
:: Sells McLarens, Not tofu :okay: ::

Thanked 11,792 Times in 3,326 Posts

GT spirit 993 evo.......... totally in love.

13' Nissan DBA-R35 GT-R Black Ed - Black met. - "Sophia"

00' Acura 1.6EL - // Power of dreams Project - "Unity"

02' Nissan M35 Stagea - "Wynn"

91' Honda EF Civic CX - "Xander"

- The Drinker of Many Many Coffees @ McLaren Vancouver
tofu1413 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-04-2016, 02:51 PM   #2625
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
Got this lil' beauty in the mail over the holidays. Thanks to CorneringArtist for posting the sale link. If anyone has a heads up on any other ITR models please let me know. Thanks

white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: