REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 09-30-2017, 01:16 AM   #3751
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
from the onemodel booth at the 2017 toyfair in japan (from boost gear facebook page).

here is the s15 prototype... onemodel:

1/12 scale nsx na1 type r... as i recall it's sealed resin but the front wheels steer and the headlights pop up:

1/18 mkiv supra:

spoooon.

Advertisement
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds

Last edited by thumper; 10-01-2017 at 04:40 AM.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 09:48 AM   #3752
My homepage has been set to RS

Just realized I have a lot more than I thought.

My RS buy/sell Feedback
sweetcivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 04:53 PM   #3753
Witness protection

Last of the V8 Interceptors... also last of the old school Autoart diecasts.

Now excuse me while i go run down some biker gang scum
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds

Last edited by thumper; 10-03-2017 at 05:02 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-03-2017, 07:22 PM   #3754
The Speed Syndicate

Thanked 3,077 Times in 522 Posts
planning on getting a NA2-R diecast

which brand would be best quality / most accurate for this one specifically?

TSS x Revscene Track Day Organizer

1991 Formula Red NSX - 3.2L ITB
kchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 11:42 PM   #3755
Driving around in circles

Thanked 1,370 Times in 272 Posts
I would say OneModel's NSX-R
Attached Images
File Type: jpg OneModel NSX-R.jpg (81.4 KB, 0 views)
!Kodamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 12:42 AM   #3756
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Anyone know where i could get something like this local?

striderblade is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-04-2017, 04:50 AM   #3757
Witness protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchan View Post
planning on getting a NA2-R diecast

which brand would be best quality / most accurate for this one specifically?
there are no quality diecasts for the na2, only resin.

mark 1/18 is the one for me

it used to be you could buy it as a kit that you could build or even mod yourself but i'm not sure if it is available for sale anymore.

Last edited by thumper; 10-08-2017 at 06:12 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-04-2017, 04:54 AM   #3758
Witness protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by striderblade View Post
Anyone know where i could get something like this local?
the few reputable places that i would recommend for good work are all overseas. for example:
https://www.carloverdiecast.com/page...tuning-project

watch out for the hack jobs that will also fall apart with time, so buyer beware because there are a lot of "builders" out there who think they are professionals just because they have a glue gun and a drill bit and charge high labor rates to produce junk.

Last edited by thumper; 10-08-2017 at 06:18 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-04-2017, 02:10 PM   #3759
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

The Mark NSX looks like it came from the same factory as the OneModel NSX

William
Pacman808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 03:42 PM   #3760
I'm invisible

I found these in Bellingham, the originals. Bring back memories from so many years ago.

Old 10-09-2017, 08:29 AM   #3761
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
egh.... as usual, i'm one short of a full set

Spoiler!

Walmart Richmond (as of Oct 9) has full sets of the Hot Wheels Forza Motorsports collection if anyone's interested.
TypeS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-05-2017, 12:39 AM   #3762

OneModel EG6 Rocket Bunny Vs Ignition Model EG6 Rocket Bunny

Hi Everyone!

Most of you guys know the infamous brand Pandem / Rocket Bunny aero kits. They are created by master designer Kei Miura. Mr. Mirua-san has designed wide body kits for Porsche, BMW, Mercedes, Ferrari Lexus, VW, Mazda, Toyota, Nissan, and Honda.

Master Designer - Kei Miura

One of his latest aero kit design is for the Honda Civic EG6 hatchback. I must say it looks pretty cool.

There two variations of the EG6 Rocket Bunny in 1/18 scale. One is produced by Ignition Model, and the other is by OneModel. These are the only model manufactures that makes the EG6 Rocket Bunny in 1/18 scale.

OneModel EG6 Rocket Bunny

Ignition Model EG6 Rocket Bunny

Ignition produced the EG6 Rocket Bunny in White, Red, Blue, Pink, Yellow and Black. Shown in this review are Blue and White..

Photo of real EG6 that Ignition Model used for their Rocket Bunny

The Onemodel version comes in White, Red, Pink, and Yellow. And only 99 pieces of each color are produced.

Photo of real EG6 that OneModel reproduced

Both models have racing interiors that are stripped out, with built in roll cages. The OneModel version has two front racing seats with Sabelt five-point racing harness, while the Ignition version is single Bride seat only with Takata racing harness.

OneModel duel racing seats with Sabelt harness

Ignition Model with Bride seat and Takata harness

Speaking of interiors, IMO I think the dashboard on the OneModel version has better detail, compared to the Ignition version. But, this is hard to say because I could not find real photos of the interior for both cars.

Ignition Model interior

OneModel interior

Another differentiation the two versions are the rims. As you can see the Ignition version features Pandem Aero Disk covers (White, Red and Blue versions only) while the OneModel version features Pandem/Rotiform RBQ four spoke rims.

OneModel EG6 Rocket Bunny with Pandem/Rotiform RBQ four spoke rims

Ignition Model - Pandem Aero Disk cover

On the Ignition variant, the right front head light has been removed, and replaced by an air intake, while the white Ignition version has a full set of headlights. The OneModel EG6 Rocket Bunnies all features full headlights.

Ignition Model head light replaced by air intake

OneModel full set of front headlights

Other details on the Ignition model are detailed underside, rear tow ring, and the exhaust tip is centered below the rear bumper.

Ignition Model with rear tow ring

On the Onemodel version, the underside has little detail besides the rear sub-frame brace, and the exhaust tip is placed on the right side below the rear bumper.

OneModel with rear sub-frame brace

As for the fit and finish, both models are pretty much spot on based on the reference photos of the real cars they replicated. But, there is one detail I think Ignition did a better job compared to OneModel, and it is the way the front wind shield is shaped. On the Ignition version, the front wind shield is slightly more curved, while the front wind shield on the OneModel version is a little bit flat. Viewed from a distance, this is not noticeable on the OneModel version, but viewed from a certain angle up-close, it is slightly more flat compared to the Ignition version. Definitely not a deal breaker.

OneModel front windshield - slightly flat across

Ignition Model front windshield - slightly more curved across

The panel lines on both models are nice and deep, and the rivets for the body kit are accurately replicated.

Ignition Model EG6 Rocket Bunny

OneModel EG6 Rocket Bunny

So which one will you choose? One thing for sure both models are not cheap. Both are produced in limited numbers - OneModel 99 pieces for each color, and Ignition 180 pieces for both white and blue. I assume this is the same for the pink, red, yellow and black versions. I think it all boils down to which rims and colors do you like the most. It doesn't matter which brand you choose, both models are super high quality models that will attract attention, and conversation when displayed in your collection.

OneModel

OneModel

OneModel

OneModel

OneModel

OneModel

Ignition Model

Ignition Model

Ignition Model

Ignition Model

Ignition Model

Ignition Model

Ignition Model

Comments are welcomed.

Happy Collecting!
William
Old 11-13-2017, 10:04 PM   #3763

1/18 Porsche 911 (964) Carrera 2 Speedster by GT Spirit

Hi Everyone!

Here is another diecast model review. This time I will be reviewing the Porsche 964 Speedster by GT Spirit.

The 911 Carrera 2 (964) speedster was launched in 1992 as a 93’ model. It was based on the Carrera 2 cabriolet, and was available in either standard or lightweight trim called the “Club Sport”. The Club Sport featured a humped fiberglass cover which housed the vehicle’s soft top hood. Porsche originally planned to build 3000 units, but only 936 were built during the two years of production.

Here is a video review of the 964 Speedster. Watch it with the english subtitles

Only Maisto and GT Spirit released a 1/18 scale version of the Speedster. The Maisto version is based on the 89’ Speedster, and the GT Spirit is based on the 94’ Speedster.

Maisto 1/18 89' Speedster

The model I have here is one of GT Spirit’s earlier models. It was released back in December 2013. Only 1500 pieces were produced. IMO I think GT Spirit’s earlier models are produced very well. I’m not saying that their current model lineup is not good, but it seems like their older models have a bit more attention and detail to them ie: better panel lines.

GT Spirit 1/18 94' Speedster

One thing that really stands out when I opened the package was that there are no screws to secure the model in place to prevent damage during transport. GT Spirit later started to screw models to the foam shell after getting complaints from collectors receiving damaged models.
The overall shape and stance of the 964 Speedster is accurately reproduced in scale. Every angle is very well done. But, I was hesitant about the model’s ride height. I thought it looked a little bit jacked up, but upon doing some research online, the ride height appears to be correct.

One thing I do like about resin convertible models is that the interior is in full display. No need to peer the interior through the windows. For the speedster, I wish GT made the instrument panel more three dimensional, instead of using a decal to represent the speedometer. Overall the interior does not look toy like or cheap and plastic looking.

Interior. Decals? Why??

One thing that GT Spirit was well known for is the paint finish on their models. Well this model is no exception. The paint finish on this Speedster is superbly done. IMO I think GT Spirit’s older models have a better paint finish compared to their newer models.

Overall I really think, this is a very well produced 964 Speedster model. From paint finish, panel lines, ride height, and accuracy it is well executed. Are there flaws? Yes there are, but these flaws IMO can be easily over looked. If you do not have one of GT Spirits older models (especially their older Porsche models), I recommend adding one to your collection. I’m pretty sure you will not be disappointed.

I hope you enjoyed this review. Comments are welcomed.

Happy Collecting!

William

Last edited by Pacman808; 11-14-2017 at 07:00 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-14-2017, 09:17 AM   #3764
:: Sells McLarens, Not tofu :okay: ::

Thanked 11,815 Times in 3,329 Posts
agreed on the earlier GT-Spirit models.

the 993 / 964 RS were superb in fit and finish compared to the most recent releases.

even the 987 Boxster Spyder was excellent over all.

I find the paint finish on the current ones not as real as the older releases.

13' Nissan DBA-R35 GT-R Black Ed - Black met. - "Sophia"

00' Acura 1.6EL - // Power of dreams Project - "Unity"

02' Nissan M35 Stagea - "Wynn"

91' Honda EF Civic CX - "Xander"

- The Drinker of Many Many Coffees @ McLaren Vancouver
tofu1413 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-15-2017, 07:07 PM   #3765
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 6,847 Times in 660 Posts
I've pretty much run out of room for 1/18th models. I'm now slowly making my way down the rabbit hole that is 1/43.
Picked up the Diablo GTR, Miura SVR, and Cobra today.

This post thanked by:
Old 12-07-2017, 06:39 AM   #3766
Witness protection

choose your significant other wisely or you could come home to this one day

(full disclosure: found it on facebook i have no idea what is going on but the pain is real)
This post thanked by:
Old 12-07-2017, 06:50 AM   #3767
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
2, maybe 3 of the same model in same colour?

honestly the wife just might be doing him a favour
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 09:40 AM   #3768
Witness protection

Honda Prelude Si 4WS BA5 1/18 scale from Hobby Japan.

Last edited by thumper; 12-10-2017 at 09:46 AM.
Old 12-10-2017, 09:44 AM   #3769
Witness protection

HK Police MB Sprinter van 1/18 scale from My Tiny.

Old 12-17-2017, 11:04 PM   #3770

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
HK Police MB Sprinter van 1/18 scale from My Tiny.

Thumper you should create a 1/18 TVB HK drama diorama scene...
Old 12-18-2017, 04:50 AM   #3771
Witness protection

you have to make space for me in your garage for that to happen
Old 12-18-2017, 08:48 AM   #3772

thanks for another hook up pacman808!

Otto mobile Mk4 Supra

nice model, cept the white is not quite the Toyota white that I remember. The paint they used was borderline close to championship white

The evo's "scotia white" is more on par with Toyota's "super white"

Old 12-18-2017, 10:15 PM   #3773
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post

thanks for another hook up pacman808!

Otto mobile Mk4 Supra

nice model, cept the white is not quite the Toyota white that I remember. The paint they used was borderline close to championship white

The evo's "scotia white" is more on par with Toyota's "super white"
I have the silver version of the EVO 5 but I really want your white. hahahah
TL_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 10:58 PM   #3774

Picked it up in Hong Kong!

Old 12-18-2017, 11:39 PM   #3775
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
the evo v came in white interior on some trims?
digging it
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote