REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 11-16-2012, 09:02 PM   #51
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,121 Times in 669 Posts
saw one today too, meh starting to look like a hyundai imo.
Advertisement
xilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:31 PM   #52
10psi aint enough...

Spotted a 2013 white accord sedan drive by in richmond today, not bad, made me look back twice to double check that rear end :P
HondaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:23 PM   #53
Mr.Spahkle, So BLING it hurts!

Honda Finance does not allow documentation fees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volkl View Post
I'd rather avoid places that charge unnecessary things such as documentation fees.

Last edited by 604CEFIRO; 11-16-2012 at 11:40 PM.
604CEFIRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:40 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_chin View Post
Go to the dealership and get pre-approved financing or leasing first so you can shop and have upper hand when bargaining. If youre buying something more than your available loan theyll find out what you need to establish that amount
Posted via RS Mobile

OP of this thread,

It might be good idea for you to visit a dealership or two first and get all the details on financing or leasing (details like interest rate, term, monthly pmt, residual buyout etc). Use that information to see if that would fit your budget.

Bargaining does not require you to get a "pre-approval" either.

As mentioned previously in this thread, there is not much movement on bargaining the msrp price on new releases.

Good luck. The '13 Accord is a great car with amazing features.

You can visit http://www.honda.ca and build your unit and see how much financing / leasing would be.

Last edited by 604CEFIRO; 11-16-2012 at 11:48 PM.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:50 PM   #55
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

I guess they don't use that term but they still try to hose unsuspecting customers. A manager was quoting a price to me and said there would be $200 on top for wheel locks, gas, and prep of the car. When I asked him about it did he decide to remove that charge. Needless to say, I won't be buying from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 604CEFIRO View Post
Honda Finance does not allow documentation fees.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:54 PM   #56

I'm not in dire need of one right now so I can wait since there will be more wiggle room next year when the 2014s come.
I'd love to own one now but it doesn't look like that will happen and I can pay cash if need be. Every dealership I've spoken with keeps telling me how limited the stock is and that they can't move far from msrp even though there is quite a markup from invoice to msrp (plus holdback).

Quote:
OP of this thread,

It might be good idea for you to visit a dealership or two first and get all the details on financing or leasing (details like interest rate, term, monthly pmt, residual buyout etc). Use that information to see if that would fit your budget.

Bargaining does not require you to get a "pre-approval" either.

As mentioned previously in this thread, there is not much movement on bargaining the msrp price on new releases.

Good luck. The '13 Accord is a great car with amazing features.

You can visit Honda.ca Official Website of Honda Canada Inc. and build your unit and see how much financing / leasing would be.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:55 PM   #57

Wheel locks $99
Tank of Gas $70
Labor Prep $30

Doesn't seem too out of the ordinary. Plus like you said, you asked and he removed it. Sounds like customer service to me..?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volkl View Post
I guess they don't use that term but they still try to hose unsuspecting customers. A manager was quoting a price to me and said there would be $200 on top for wheel locks, gas, and prep of the car. When I asked him about it did he decide to remove that charge. Needless to say, I won't be buying from there.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:59 PM   #58

Quote:
Wheel locks $99
Tank of Gas $70
Labor Prep $30

Doesn't seem too out of the ordinary. Plus like you said, you asked and he removed it. Sounds like customer service to me..?
I haven't bought a new car in a while but it seems odd to be charging for gas but maybe that's normal?
Posted via RS Mobile
Volkl is offline   Reply With Quote