REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-14-2012, 01:09 PM   #76
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,478 Times in 1,679 Posts
This scumbag kills himself to avoid the punishment from the justice system. What a coward! -to kill school children, the school principal, and his own parents and to get away with it.

-most heartbreaking news that I've heard all year.
Advertisement

Last edited by pastarocket; 12-14-2012 at 01:17 PM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:16 PM   #77
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,420 Times in 669 Posts
this is depressing. Poor kids. Rip. =(
Posted via RS Mobile
shenmecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:21 PM   #78
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,991 Times in 538 Posts
rip... came home to read about this.... sigh

AE101 Rolla 96' //Sold
RPS13 240SX 90' //STOLEN
RMS13 240SX 91' //Scrapped
RHS13 240SX 90' //Scrapped
S35 Rogue 12' //Gifted to Parents
GD 6MT Elantra 13' //Sold
CZ4A 5MT GSR Evo 08' // Totalled
Ioniq DCT 19' //Traded in
NA MX-5 5MT 97' // Sold
Prius Prime 21' //Traded in
Tesla Model 3 RWD DD
GSX-R 600 K5' Mental Therapy
Prius Prime 24' New Kids Carrier
dark0821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:24 PM   #79
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,046 Times in 1,176 Posts
Disgusting... feels extra bad when you're a parent.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:35 PM   #80
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,452 Times in 146 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
This scumbag kills himself to avoid the punishment from the justice system. What a coward! -to kill school children, the school principal, and his own parents and to get away with it.

true but i'd rather a person like this be dead right away then go through the legal system and eat up my tax dollars then have him sit in jail and have my tax dollars going to support his daily life. And if it we here he would be released in 10 years anyways.

Hes dead, one less fucking idiot around.
jepho is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-14-2012, 01:46 PM   #81

Thanked 1,815 Times in 341 Posts
Quote:
She said: 'I was one of the first there and they were bringing children out, carrying them out. One girl came out and her face was covered in blood and she had bits of meat from other people in her hair. It was terrible.

Sandy Hook elementary shooting: 29 dead including 22 children at Connecticut school | Mail Online

2018 Golf R MK7.5 (Daily)
2001 S2000 (Weekend Warrior)
1991 Merc 300 TE-24 AMG Estate - Sold
2005 STi - Sold
1987 AE86 GTS - Sold
1986 AE86 GTS - Sold
gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:57 PM   #82
I don't get it

I bet there's gonna be outrage about gun control again, which I think is skirting the real issue: Mental health. How did it get to the point where he wanted to and followed through with his plans to kill people? It couldn't have been a spontaneous act. Maybe it was, I don't know all the facts, but I doubt he woke up today and decided he was going to do what he did. He was obviously mentally ill. Did he not have the support from school/family/etc.? Was he neglected?

If there were no guns, he would have found another way to kill - case in point the China story. They have very few guns there but the weapon of choice turned to machetes. Maybe guns need to be regulated more tightly but in the States the general feeling is that it's in the Constitution and that if the government takes away the right to protect yourself and your property, the government is infringing on your freedom.

Last edited by hotshot1; 12-17-2012 at 06:52 AM.
hotshot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-14-2012, 02:00 PM   #83
Zionism gets my shell hard and slimy

Thanked 6,021 Times in 1,129 Posts
i vote for death penalty! no wasting time or money on the sick fucks in the world... they want to kill or hard others they deserve to be harmed and killed themselves.
snails is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-14-2012, 02:03 PM   #84
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,259 Times in 439 Posts
if they had open carry laws, would any teacher actually do this?
Maybe they should allow the principal to carry a gun in a safe in his office, provided he is trained?
I don't know, but I just don't want this to happen again. Worst news ever.
Posted via RS Mobile
TheKingdom2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:08 PM   #85
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,825 Times in 523 Posts
hotong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:12 PM   #86
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
Disgusting... feels extra bad when you're a parent.
x2

I'm not a parent myself, but I'm pretty damn protective of my best friend's two daughters. I called her up after hearing about this and had her hug the girls for me. I can't imagine what the parents of the victims are going through right now. It's just absolutely terrible.

While part of me is glad that the suspect is dead, the other part was hoping he'd be stuck in a prison's general population. Call prisoners what you will, but when it comes to harming children, even the hardest criminals will band together to teach that person a lesson. To me, I'd be more than happy paying my taxes knowing that he'd be suffering every single day of the rest of his life.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:15 PM   #87
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Very sad and right before xmas, I can't imagine what the parents are going through.

And on the topic of gun control...people need to be less focused on making the gun laws stricter and need to focus on mental illness and programs that need to be provided to people. We continue to cut budgets for mental illness, shutdown institutions that provide help so the result is you have all these people roaming our streets without any help. I'm a strong believer that strict gun laws will accomplish nothing, anyone who has a death wish will obtain guns no matter how tough it is, if they can't get guns they'll use other weapons like knives.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:16 PM   #88
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,221 Times in 1,387 Posts
Quote:
Lanza is believed to have been carrying four weapons including two handguns and a rifle and was wearing a bullet-proof vest and black military gear.
Three guns were found at the scene - a Glock and a Sig Sauer, both pistols - and a .223-caliber rifle.
America, Y U DO THIS TO YOURSELF?!

Quote:
Alberta Bajraliu 41, got a call from a friend who heard a gunshot at the school and told her to check it out.
Mrs Alberta's nine-year-old daughter Venesa was at the school but her two other children are not.
She said: 'I was one of the first there and they were bringing children out, carrying them out. One girl came out and her face was covered in blood and she had bits of meat from other people in her hair. It was terrible.
Like, I can't even. Seriously, there needs to be some kind of justice.
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:18 PM   #89

Thanked 1,207 Times in 432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshot1 View Post
I bet there's gonna be outrage about gun control again, which I think is skirting the real issue: How did it get to the point where he wanted to and followed through with his plans to kill people? It couldn't have been a spontaneous act. Maybe it was, I don't know all the facts, but I doubt he woke up today and decided he was going to do what he did. He was obviously mentally ill. Did he not have the support from school/family/etc.? Was he neglected?

If there were no guns, he would have found another way to kill - case in point the China story. They have very few guns there but the weapon of choice turned to machetes. Maybe guns need to be regulated more tightly but in the States the general feeling is that it's in the Constitution and that if the government takes away the right to protect yourself and your property, the government is infringing on your freedom.
this story = 29 dead
china story = 22 injured

HUGE difference

what's more realistic, getting rid of the mental people or getting rid of their guns?

gun control, like ASAP, there's a reason we dont have public massacres here in canada

RIP
dachinesedude is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-14-2012, 02:22 PM   #90
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,372 Times in 3,904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snails View Post
i vote for death penalty! no wasting time or money on the sick fucks in the world... they want to kill or hard others they deserve to be harmed and killed themselves.
a death penalty actually costs more than to imprison them for lie
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:24 PM   #91
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dachinesedude View Post
this story = 29 dead
china story = 22 injured

HUGE difference

what's more realistic, getting rid of the mental people or getting rid of their guns?

gun control, like ASAP, there's a reason we dont have public massacres here in canada

RIP
Well the problem is America is beyond gun control, there's basically 1 gun for every American so there's no way gun control will work or make a dent into these mass shootings. We need to turn our attention to mental illness which imo needs to be addressed here in Canada and in America.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:35 PM   #92
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Do we have a motive yet? besides the crazy bastard open fire killing his own mom.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:44 PM   #93
G
Banned (BBM)

^ He killed his dad before going to the school so it wasn't really targeted at his mom. No motive yet, but apparently he also posted he was gonna do it on 4chan a couple days before or something? I also read he was an honor roll law student or something. Media tends to fuck up information and that's what stopped me from reading more news. Never the less, sad news today. RIP.
Posted via RS Mobile
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:49 PM   #94
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
this story = 29 dead
china story = 22 injured

HUGE difference

RIP
Ditto.

Gun control does not prevent incidents like these from happening, but certainly help decide the outcome of these incidents. Injured > Death
trd2343 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-14-2012, 02:56 PM   #95
resident Oil Guru

Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
Guns don't kill people. People kill people.
Posted via RS Mobile
LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-14-2012, 03:06 PM   #96
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,031 Times in 2,071 Posts
Just finished hugging my girls for a solid 60 seconds each as soon as I got home... so sad.

RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:10 PM   #97
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by snails View Post
No.

Snoop Dogg - Starksy & Hutch
Sushi604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:16 PM   #98
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
Quote:
this story = 29 dead
china story = 22 injured

HUGE difference

RIP

There are tons of law abiding citizens who have guns in Canada, your point is invalid. The real issue is what caused this guy to snap, and what could have been done to help him before he chose to do this.

We have a superior social service structure for the mentally ill / troubled.
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-14-2012, 03:30 PM   #99
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidTurbo View Post
Guns don't kill people. People kill people.
Posted via RS Mobile

lets assume you don't have a gun...
i'm going to come to your house and punch you in the face for parking like a dumbass. you get angry and I run out. you chase me down and beat the crap out of me. I learn a valuable lesson and need plastic surgury but i'll live. lets say..

Now lets assume you have a gun kept in your garage...
Same story.. only difference is, you will probably go to the garage, pick up the gun and come after me while shooting. one or two of your shots will probably hit me , and kill me.

so the way i see it, guns enable people to kill other people.

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-14-2012, 03:49 PM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post

I'd hardly call being dead "getting away with it"... but whatever.

If this is still in my sig, it's still avail.
falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: