REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-22-2013, 11:41 AM   #351
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
some of you guys sound like stalkers....
Advertisement
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:50 PM   #352
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
too many armchair investigators in this thread...
Quote:
some of you guys sound like stalkers....
so which is it?

or are you just starting to realise that all investigative skills are parallel with stalking skills?

perhaps you lack the ability to connect to other people and realise that some people just like to use their fucking brains once in a while and exercise their imagination with other like minded people.

it's called being social on a different level, a level which you are clearly not apart of.

Why do you keep following this thread if all you do is point fucking fingers at people making fun of them when all you've done is play armchair doctor huh?

Quote:
Spoiler!
you're not a doctor, just like no one else here is an investigator. stop being such a hypocrite. Having gone through depression bipolar whatever, doesn't make you an expert on it. if anything it takes away your credibility.

stop being a fucking hypocrite.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:03 PM   #353
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
This wouldn't happen if you didn't drive a peasant car like an Audi...
Quote:
[14-05, 14:59] FastAnna You tiny bra wearing, gigantic son of a bitch
[15-05, 10:35] FastAnna Yeah I was dreaming of those big titties in that tiny bra
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'd probably blow someone for that 911
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-22-2013, 01:07 PM   #354
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-22-2013, 01:09 PM   #355
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:16 PM   #356
I keep RS good

i can guarantee that one of your stalkers/armchair investigators is very close to the truth.

M5 already called it when he said she's dead.
so did hondaracer.

the most hate received, because both statements had the most truth... most people emotionally and childishly cling onto hope when they should just wake the fuck up and open their eyes.

the feeling of despair is something you should embrace. when it creeps up on you, it's because you're wrong.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:12 PM   #357
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
some of us here are investigators....
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:14 PM   #358
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceIntegraRS View Post
So its gonna take another 6 to 8 weeks for toxicology tests and autopsy was inconclusive. So its gonna take about 2 months to figure out if it was foul play or not. I guess it gives the murderer 2 months to figure out where he wants to go. Pack his things, move to another place. find a nice job someplace else.
welcome to reality, where it isn't like CSI (bad guys getting caught all the time)
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:13 PM   #359
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

typical trigger happy mods
m4k4v4li is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-22-2013, 09:09 PM   #360
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceIntegraRS View Post
I think what cow22xx is getting at is that, when she was reported missing there was barely any media coverage compared to after her body was found.
He/she is also an unrealistic critical person and extremely vague thus offering nothing of substance and vacuous opinions based on a severe shortage of information. What exactly does "doing more" mean? Instead of being an armchair criticizer, he/she could have offered what he/she thought could have been done differently. He/she also needs to understand the media isn't some altruistic entity. It doesn't belong to you, it doesn't serve you. It doesn't even need to put her picture/story up. It has its own interests and goals. I suggest anyone to go read the book Inventing Reality by Michael Parenti.

Quote:
And even though we dont know what LAPD did, they treated this whole thing as a missing persons case not a case involving foul play which would get way more intention from Police.
So easy to think that way once you know the events after they occurred (hindsight bias). Do you know the criteria to meet to escalate a missing person's case to one involving foul play? I certainly don't. I also suspect they wouldn't necessarily upgrade the case to one involving foul play because there was possibly no justification to do so. What would have made her case so different in the beginning than the other 3200 missing persons per annum in that region? is it only because she's an "international tourist"? a woman by herself?

Quote:
To this day they still think it was accidental thats why her toxicoogy reports and ect are gonna take forever to come back. All i got from police is that she was reported missing and a edited video showing her acting weird. A video for everyone to debate if she was on drugs, drunk, possesed by demons, talking to a ghost, or being pchyso(mispelled) or whatever. If u show signs of doing the bare minimum, thats what im gonna think, unless u show me otherwise and right now they havent shown me otherwise
Posted via RS Mobile
No they don't because they haven't ruled out any of the scenarios yet despite how far-fetched some of the ideas are so for you to say that they think it was accidental is an assumption on YOUR part. Sorry, just because you get all your information from what the media selectively chooses doesn't mean they were automatically doing the bare minimum. Secondly, how would showing you what they did help the case in any way? they don't need to prove shit to you.

Cars:
02' Lexus IS300 5spd
07' BMW 323iA
05' BMW Z4 5spd
06' BMW 330i 6spd
10' Audi A4 quattro
08' BMW M3 6spd
15' Kawasaki Ninja300
08' Yamaha R6
10' Honda Ridgeline
17' Audi Q5
16' BMW X5D

Last edited by bing; 02-22-2013 at 09:38 PM.
bing is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-23-2013, 01:18 AM   #361
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
What's with all these people bitching about "oooh you are such an armchair detective, blah blah" ...
Everyone just wants to find out (or at least help) the truth and drawing up random scenarios and possibly conlusions, at least they are "trying" to be productive rather than just trolling the thread and adding nothing other than 3 inches of wasted of space that others have to scroll through.

I feel super sad that she passed like this... and I (like many others) are curious as to the cause. If it was suicide then that is sad, if she was murdered that makes me angry and sad.
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:37 AM   #362
2 Wheelin' Mod

Why is the video edited me and my friends had a long convo about this and we couldn't think of a good reason to edit the video why not show a much smaller clip then
Posted via RS Mobile
Jas29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:33 AM   #363
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,808 Times in 8,185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
i can guarantee that one of your stalkers/armchair investigators is very close to the truth.

M5 already called it when he said she's dead.
so did hondaracer.

the most hate received, because both statements had the most truth... most people emotionally and childishly cling onto hope when they should just wake the fuck up and open their eyes.

the feeling of despair is something you should embrace. when it creeps up on you, it's because you're wrong.
The part I don't get is that people want to vehemently deny that it could possibly be that she wanted to get into drugs and partying
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:56 AM   #364
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
^^^ i think it's because she's chinese people have delusions about outwardly normal chinese girls not being like that

if they were to be the type to do drugs etc. it's imagined they would look like total sluts and be really bitchy etc etc

so many stereotypes

side note, CNN was playing up a "dark history" angle this morning about the Cecil Hotel noting how in the early days it was where people went to commit suicide and later on became a den where serial killers (even international ones) would use as a hideout

they even went so far as mentioning "haunted" i guess that means a lot of people must be interested in the ghost angle
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:17 AM   #365
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,842 Times in 879 Posts
The Cecil Hotel: What a Dead Body in a Water Tank Does for Your Yelp Reviews | TIME.com
EmperorIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:31 AM   #366

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
so many stereotypes
That could be true, I wonder how much of an influence it has.
Old 02-23-2013, 05:43 AM   #367
I keep RS good

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
The part I don't get is that people want to vehemently deny that it could possibly be that she wanted to get into drugs and partying
They don't know what real drug users look like.

A question you can ask them is, what does someone that consumes alcohol, or smokes cigarettes look like?

the answer would be... well... they could look like, anyone.

people don't understand that illegal drugs are consumed for the same motives as legal ones are.

all drugs, are gateway drugs. legal and illegal. once that door has been opened, it can never be shut.

a goody two shoe academic nerd type could have never drank a sip of alcohol, and never smoked a cigarette. But try dextroamphetamines for that super boost in efficient studying and ensuring straight A's. That could very easily slip into trying coke, or other types of amphetamines for academic purposes. maybe even just taking a lot of dex for the pep feel. which could lead to ecstasy/mdma... so on so forth. Once you realise that you can learn and potentially boost your abilities in certain aspects while under influence of certain drugs... any naturally curious person would form a logical sound reasons to go ahead try new things... and some of those things may be bad choices. Some people like to walk slopes that are more slippery than others.

there are an infinite amount of possibilities when it comes to why someone tries a drug.

Not saying she was on drugs. but it is just as possible that she was. The people that do the hardest drugs, usually don't start out looking like junkies. You only see what they've become, not what they were.

either way, like i said, she's not right in the head, with or without drugs, it doesn't really matter.
I think the story would be way more sad if she weren't on drugs. i mean... c'mon, if she were on drugs, then it would just be like... well, shit, she went overboard.

if she weren't on drugs... well, she had real issues then.

if it were both. well sheittttt... ghosts still seems the most entertaining choice. LOL

Last edited by Ulic Qel-Droma; 02-23-2013 at 05:54 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-24-2013, 02:58 AM   #368
My homepage has been set to RS

nouvelle/nouveau

Pic from her tumblr on the drugs she's taken.

iwantaskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-24-2013, 03:39 AM   #369

If this tumblr is legit, why would they outright lie about her being "mildly depressed"?

On the other hand, it still hasn't been confirmed to be hers, and is most likely not IMO. In fact, her latest post was Feb 18.... yes you can timestamp posts but I doubt it.

Edit: Looking around, came across this post:

http://nouvelle-nouveau.tumblr.com/p...2201072/travel

"MUST CONVINCE PARENTS TO ALLOW ME TO TRAVEL ON MY OWN I’M FREAKIN 21 NOW"

Old 02-24-2013, 03:58 AM   #370
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Thanked 1,012 Times in 62 Posts
Quote:
"she may be mildly depressed?"

If this tumblr is legit, what fucking bullshit. Why would they outright lie about that?
Reading her blog, I see her list depression, ADHD and bipolar disorder

People on that websleuth forum said the formspring URL linked on that Tumblr matches the username of her legit twitter account. She has an old blogspot as well that has her name listed and uses an email address with the same type of username. Basically she uses the same usernames for all her social networks.
holyshit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:47 AM   #371

The other tumblr by whoever runs that one has been receiving regular updates even after Elisa died:

Bruit de fond
Old 02-24-2013, 05:54 AM   #372
I keep RS good

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantaskyline View Post
nouvelle/nouveau

Pic from her tumblr on the drugs she's taken.

lol... 4th one from the left... dextroamphetamine extended release.

my armchair investigative intuition was correct haha!
Old 02-24-2013, 07:32 AM   #373
resident Oil Guru

Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
"travel
Must travel this summer for sanity
Must find job to get moneyz for travelling
MUST CONVINCE PARENTS TO ALLOW ME TO TRAVEL ON MY OWN I’M FREAKIN 21 NOW"

LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-24-2013, 08:14 AM   #374
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,563 Times in 171 Posts
Quote:
The other tumblr by whoever runs that one has been receiving regular updates even after Elisa died:

Bruit de fond
The "other" tumblrs people have usually have a bunch of queued posts waiting to be published. Most likely blogged a bunch and queued it to publish later on.
Fappin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:52 PM   #375
look at these diamonds, they shining

Thanked 1,813 Times in 553 Posts
Quote:
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by: