REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-28-2013, 07:27 PM   #51
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
You know what kills me about this.

I live in north vancouver. The city spent a fortune on road widening, not to allow for more lanes of traffic for cars which were direly needed. but to add a dedicated separate bike lane for cyclists.

But cyclists on that very road still ride on the side of the road where the cars are.

I think a cop should sit at the low road in north vancouver and ticket all the retarded bikers not using the bike lane that they so feverishly fought to have erected all over the city.

Now they think they can roll stops, guess what i dont give a fuck if I was at the stop sign first and I see you start to go before me ill deck you. The problem all stems with how much leeway we have given these clowns over the years. Now they think they run the show. Guess what no matter what the laws are in a conflict between your pedal bike and my 4000lb SUV YOUR GOING TO LOSE!
Advertisement
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-28-2013, 07:34 PM   #52
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

i'd say if you can't ride a bike then get a car... but thank goodness none of these people drive since they can't even manage the footwork on a slowing bike.
mac25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:10 PM   #53
Doesn't know that condom-depot.com has free shipping

is it just me or, cyclists look retarded. I don't know how to describe this awful feeling when I see them...
doritos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:36 PM   #54
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post

I live in north vancouver. The city spent a fortune on road widening, not to allow for more lanes of traffic for cars which were direly needed. but to add a dedicated separate bike lane for cyclists.

But cyclists on that very road still ride on the side of the road where the cars are.

I think a cop should sit at the low road in north vancouver and ticket all the retarded bikers not using the bike lane that they so feverishly fought to have erected all over the city.

Now they think they can roll stops, guess what i dont give a fuck if I was at the stop sign first and I see you start to go before me ill deck you. The problem all stems with how much leeway we have given these clowns over the years. Now they think they run the show. Guess what no matter what the laws are in a conflict between your pedal bike and my 4000lb SUV YOUR GOING TO LOSE!
As much as people are claiming that bike lanes are 'a success' because more people are using them, I feel the same as you. I want to know why nobody is monitoring the LACK of use of the lanes.

There was a letter I saw in the Georgia Straight last summer (I know, I know, commie newspaper. shoot me) and it was an article by an old man who role his bike with his grandson or granddaughter. He was saying that going from Hastings/Renfrew to the downtown east side along Hastings was too dangerous and that they needed to make sure that the whole way was made more 'bike friendly' so that more people could go.

I wanted to jump up and scream at that motherfucker that there is a DEDICATED BIKE PATH all down Adanac that goes from Burnaby straight downtown. A guy who worked in the same building as me when I was DT biked from Boundary to Hastings and Granville every fucking day, and got there faster than I did on the bus. You want to bike? great. You want to be more healthy? Awesome. You want to change EVERY street to suit your needs? How about go fuck yourself. Existing infrastructure exists, and no, it's not exactly as convenient as you'd like it, BUT IT IS FUCKING THERE.

Don't just monitor the use, monitor the lack of use. Count how many people go down Burrard instead of Hornby and clog up traffic. Count how many asshole bike couriers ride on the sidewalks cutting through back alleys and acting like vehicles when it suits them until they need to cut across or through a crosswalk.

Having the carrot is great, but where the fuck is your stick.
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-28-2013, 09:51 PM   #55
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme S View Post
There was a letter I saw in the Georgia Straight last summer (I know, I know, commie newspaper. shoot me) and it was an article by an old man who role his bike with his grandson or granddaughter. He was saying that going from Hastings/Renfrew to the downtown east side along Hastings was too dangerous and that they needed to make sure that the whole way was made more 'bike friendly' so that more people could go.
Wait... he's taking his grandkids to the DOWNTOWN EAST SIDE, Vancouver's SKID ROW, our version of THE PROJECTS... and he's concerned about the safety of THE ROUTE THERE???

"Uh yeah, Westley and Buttercup would like you to put an elevator up the Cliffs of Insanity so they can have a safer way to get to the THE FUCKING FIRE SWAMPS."

Quote:
Having the carrot is great, but where the fuck is your stick.
Stop beating around the bush, tell us how you REALLY feel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-28-2013, 10:26 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post

You know what kills me about that? 90% of the roads in North Van are 8% grade or more. Who in their right fucking mind rides a bike ANYWHERE in North Van???
Quote:
Old 03-01-2013, 07:32 AM   #57
Rider

Does this mean I can do a rolling stop on my motorcycle? Its a lot harder to balance than a bicycle!
Old 03-01-2013, 09:53 AM   #58
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
If this goes through, then motorists shouldn't be held responsible for running into cyclists that do this rolling stop.

...or I'm putting in a couple of these.

Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-01-2013, 10:08 AM   #59
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
If this goes through, I forsee dashcam sales spiking to Russian proportions.
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-03-2013, 02:38 PM   #60
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
You know what kills me about that? 90% of the roads in North Van are 8% grade or more. Who in their right fucking mind rides a bike ANYWHERE in North Van???

In my shitty home town they spend about six months widening a few blocks of streets to put a bike lane at the top of a similarly graded hill in and around the hospital where emergency vehicles are constantly bringing meth overdoses and victims of white supremist hate crimes.

This is an area of town where the average age is 50+ so this bike lane made no sense.

The provincial government must be giving away grants or tax breaks or credits or something to have a certain percentage of bike lanes in a municipal district.
For a part of the world where we get rain and cloudy weather for eight months of the year we sure are bike crazy for some god damn reason.

I'm going to go ahead and say RIP to the first fatality that comes out of this new policy which will undoubtedly receive a glowing endorsement from Mayor Moonbeam.

Also, I found this and I lol'd

Spoiler!
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-03-2013, 03:38 PM   #61
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

^ Well, you can't argue with that kind of logic.
yogenfruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:55 PM   #62
Ask me about killing a hobo and dumping his body in the river

if this came in to effect, it would be stupid. Why? Well lets say there's no one at the intersection, but for you and the cyclist. You get to the intersection first and you proceed because you have the right of way, But suddenly the Fucken cyclist blows through the intersection and you hit him, you would automatically be at fault until you prove that, you were at the intersection first. via witness or dash cam if there's no one there. (the local government leans towards cyclist in Vancouver) so moral of my retarded rant Buy dash cams
[18-02, 21:40] ICE BOY please come over and wrap me in your foreskin.
[18-10, 14:35] ZN6 Evo if you here: Say what your heart feels, cause those who matter don't mind, and those who mind shouldn't matter
[26-07, 14:46] ZN6 I gonna nibble on your scrotum

93 honda civic si (RIP)
2010 Evolution X (RIP)
2000 GMC Yukon XL SLT (RIP)
2003 GMC Yukon XL Denali (Overland build

2019 Kawasaki Ex 400(Summer Daily)
EvoLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:24 PM   #63
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
This is all a ploy by ASR to increase his dash cam sales...

Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-03-2013, 05:32 PM   #64
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by doritos View Post
is it just me or, cyclists look retarded. I don't know how to describe this awful feeling when I see them...
I feel awful when I see a girl cycling beside me and she just so happens to be at a perfect angle
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:47 PM   #65
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoLove View Post
if this came in to effect, it would be stupid. Why? Well lets say there's no one at the intersection, but for you and the cyclist. You get to the intersection first and you proceed because you have the right of way, But suddenly the Fucken cyclist blows through the intersection and you hit him, you would automatically be at fault until you prove that, you were at the intersection first. via witness or dash cam if there's no one there. (the local government leans towards cyclist in Vancouver) so moral of my retarded rant Buy dash cams
Or you better know where the nearest forest with loose soil is as well as a shovel
Geoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:23 PM   #66

This is all a plot by the Queen to undermine the roadbuilding unions.
Quote: