REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-06-2021, 09:35 AM   #3501
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,457 Times in 990 Posts
i understand the skepticism but i don't see how its in any way similar to an mlm? i went to mlm meetings when i was like 20 so i know all about that lol.

there's nobody recruiting anyone here. if i mentioned that i would offer advice to ppl wanting to learn about nfts, they are not going under my wing in any way, there is no such structure. i don't stand to benefit in any way from anything i've mentioned in this thread.

it's interesting, we are talking about it, that's all.
Advertisement
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 11:56 AM   #3502
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,386 Times in 3,466 Posts
Anyone buying full PC's to mine with? Bought a computer in the summer with a 3070 and 3.5 tb of ssd for 2k. Now I am looking at a computer with a AMD 3700x 240mm rad 1 TB NVME and a 5700xt for $1700. It should be fully paid for in less than a year mining and should still be worth $1000 in a year or 2.
Old 09-06-2021, 01:52 PM   #3503
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Not knowing who "gary" is, the fact that it's a ticket for something makes it seem a lot better than just a jpg. Still dumb just not AS dumb
Concert and sport tickets using NFTs is one use case I'm looking forward to.

It was a pain in the ass buying Canucks tickets back in the day thanks to all the scalpers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackV62K2 View Post
When you log onto some of your old exchange and thought you have emptied them out but find $15 worth of coins lol
Logged into Binance a month ago and found out I had 0.75 BNB from converting small balances over the years to BNB.

Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 04:19 PM   #3504
in the butt

Thanked 3,223 Times in 1,185 Posts
Buddy told me vxv is getting pump and dumped right now, the cointag sounded familiar, checked my old uniswap that i used as garbage coin wallet,
50$ in vxv at 12c is now 4.5k lol
Cant say the same for the other 9 coins i have in there, all worthless (minus 500$)

Time to buy more garbage coins, and wait another 2 years

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?
donk. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 05:49 PM   #3505
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,824 Times in 8,194 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Ramon HG View Post
Concert and sport tickets using NFTs is one use case I'm looking forward to.

It was a pain in the ass buying Canucks tickets back in the day thanks to all the scalpers.

Logged into Binance a month ago and found out I had 0.75 BNB from converting small balances over the years to BNB.

Nothing is going to stop scalpers, ever. Promoters have no incentive to...

Also this whole NFT/Shitcoin pump and dump thing is pretty much what scalpers do, just a variation more scummy version of it and slightly less aware victims
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 05:59 PM   #3506
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,461 Times in 5,119 Posts
^ You think so?

Crypto is ripping off moms and dads who want to take their kids to stuff? Or anyone who just wants to enjoy a concert?

Crypto ain’t a casual user affair. Any individual who takes the time to figure out how to buy this shit knows exactly what they’re getting into.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 06:19 PM   #3507
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,824 Times in 8,194 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
^ You think so?

Crypto is ripping off moms and dads who want to take their kids to stuff? Or anyone who just wants to enjoy a concert?

Crypto ain’t a casual user affair. Any individual who takes the time to figure out how to buy this shit knows exactly what they’re getting into.
That's what I'm saying, the victims of crypto scams are generally more aware of what they're getting into

Scalpers suck too, don't get me wrong. But moving to signed tickets isn't going to stop them, because there's no real incentive to do that except for very niche cases.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 06:49 PM   #3508

NFT's will stop people from selling fake tickets.

Another fake crypto exchange.

https://bikkex.com/

Discord group about arbitrage

KevinICO — Today at 2:03 PM
:repeat:Binance.com Buy - $51,916.70
:repeat:Bikkex.com Sell - $55,559.74

:chart:Profit per BTC traded - $3,643.04
:chart: Profit per trade: +7.34%

There is no way to get your money out after you send it to bikkex.
Old 09-08-2021, 02:11 PM   #3509
GO FLAMES GO

Thanked 2,210 Times in 701 Posts
i am a happy camper i got SOL at $5
2001 Acura Integra Type-R *SOLD*
Club-Integra.net OG
Your Friendly Neighborhood Firefighter
Tegra_Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-08-2021, 03:20 PM   #3510
$_$
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegra_Devil View Post
i am a happy camper i got SOL at $5
what a smart guy
$_$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 06:20 PM   #3511
GO FLAMES GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by $_$ View Post
what a smart guy
I only bought it because I needed it to move my shitcoin Kin to an SPL wallet... Lol, pure luck
Club-Integra.net OG
Old 09-11-2021, 08:31 AM   #3512
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,755 Times in 701 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Sounds more like an MLM scheme than ever now haha.
I would say it's more of a Ponzi..

Then again, all assets are like Ponzi's, I guess?
PeanutButter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-11-2021, 08:34 AM   #3513

Finally sold my ADA swing position for a 28% ROI.

I should have sold when ADA was over $3... I got greedy.

Onto the next position.

BTW. This is just a reminder to all the newer crypto guys out there. Everyone seems to know what they're talking about when the market is going up, so take everything you hear with a grain of salt. Try to keep the emotions at the door, and yes, I know that is easier said than done.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-11-2021, 08:41 AM   #3514

Quote:

up 154% since I last posted about it ... up prob 150x since end of last year / begig of this year ... if you haven't checked it out, plz check it out. it's #solanaszn and it has the best chance of bringing real adoption
I've been tracking SOL for the past month and still didn't get in. I never know how to play these high volume positions. Congrats to you though. I'm sure your positions are rewarded accordingly.

I've been hearing a lot about QNT. I threw $200 at it like two weeks ago and i'm already up like 100%. Just crazy.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-12-2021, 11:36 AM   #3515
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,840 Times in 1,484 Posts
All my buddies got into QNT about 3 months ago. I never had the balls. Haha but wow.
Old 09-12-2021, 03:08 PM   #3516
$_$
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutButter View Post
I've been tracking SOL for the past month and still didn't get in. I never know how to play these high volume positions. Congrats to you though. I'm sure your positions are rewarded accordingly.

I've been hearing a lot about QNT. I threw $200 at it like two weeks ago and i'm already up like 100%. Just crazy.
this run-up has been truly insane. there was no retrace or any places where you can hop on if you aren't already on board

tbh i don't really swing trade any of these coins or tokens. to anyone that really want to get into crypto, i suggest you just actually using the blockchains and products you invest in to build your conviction. you should understand what it is your investing in

that's why i always laugh at people that put money into ada ... but hey, maybe they will actually meme themselves into existence with the latest smart contract update
This post thanked by:
Old 09-12-2021, 04:29 PM   #3517
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,592 Times in 1,729 Posts
Quote:
this run-up has been truly insane. there was no retrace or any places where you can hop on if you aren't already on board

tbh i don't really swing trade any of these coins or tokens. to anyone that really want to get into crypto, i suggest you just actually using the blockchains and products you invest in to build your conviction. you should understand what it is your investing in

that's why i always laugh at people that put money into ada ... but hey, maybe they will actually meme themselves into existence with the latest smart contract update
Can you give more info on that specific to the ADA comment? Just curious on your thoughts there.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 04:40 PM   #3518
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
ada n sol have long been touted as must buys, but there was never anything going for them other than hype, and ud see moments of fomo where cash is injected to it, but the valuation would quickly correct itself back to yawn status

Even with sol, it looks more like a wsb type pump for no real reason... not as bad as a doge pump tho
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 05:22 PM   #3519
$_$
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
Can you give more info on that specific to the ADA comment? Just curious on your thoughts there.
i only look at chains through the lens of a user, not so much as pure speculation. i bought ADA when they IDO'd in 2017 and held the bag through to 2020. throughout this time i tried various times to use their wallets, follow up with developments, but they just never shipped anything that you can use. the whole chain and it's valuation is based on the youtuber charles. it's actually a mystery to all of crypto twitter how culty the following around charles is.

everyone knows that he was also a "co-founder" of ethereum but if you want more of the backstory of his exit you can read "The Infinite Machine" to learn more. Great book regardless of the charles part

they ARE saying they are about to ship the smart contract update i think today or tomorrow, but i just don't know of any developers that are actually excited to build on cardano. it remains to be seen if it can meme itself into an actual useful chain

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
ada n sol have long been touted as must buys, but there was never anything going for them other than hype, and ud see moments of fomo where cash is injected to it, but the valuation would quickly correct itself back to yawn status

Even with sol, it looks more like a wsb type pump for no real reason... not as bad as a doge pump tho
again, i really recommend people looking at projects to really actually use the things they invest in. or else why invest? these are consumer facing products. the development and community building around SOL is real, and is a real threat to ETH L1/L2. the .eth's have been super defensive. don't get me wrong, i'm still love ETH and am really long ETH, but it's not a chain that normal people can actually use or participate in. SOL hits the sweet spot for decentralization + usability enough that i believe it has the best chance out of the whole ecosystem that can actually onboard millions of new users and actually service them in a way they expect from current web browsing habits

ftx also already have steph curry and brady on board as shareholders so that's really going to drive mass adoption as well

star atlas is also getting built out ... again, highly risky whether they can actually deliver, but if they can leverage unreal engine 5 and deliver a real game then it's gonna be huge. ftx also has naming rights with TSM so that's how they're going to market SA

get some sol, and dive in. you guys won't believe some of the incentives/airdrops that are happening. there are a lot of trading, yield aggregating, nft trading primitives that are getting built out that will literally reward you for just participating

https://twitter.com/DegenApeAcademy

these degen apes were minting for 6 SOL, now the min floor price on market is ~70 SOL. One guy minted a mystic ape that sold for 5980 SOL

SOL was around 40 dollars during the mint, meaning he spent 240 dollars to mint the ape

he sold it for close to a million dollars based on today's SOL price
Old 09-15-2021, 02:59 PM   #3520
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

any of you guys are mining ergo or rvn coins now ? using LHR cards ?
ime2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 11:16 AM   #3521
GO FLAMES GO

Finally got my temps looking amazing removed most my extra fans. i think i could probably repast and thermal pad a couple cards to up the MHS, but im happy where i am at

Club-Integra.net OG
This post thanked by:
Old 09-19-2021, 05:07 AM   #3522
GO FLAMES GO

Anyone selling a 3090 lol
Club-Integra.net OG
Old 09-19-2021, 10:36 AM   #3523

Quote:

Curious why you would say that about ADA.

What if you actually believe in their mission of helping those in need?

Their goal isn't to make people rich, their goal is to bring a sustainable framework to those who don't have it.

Give residents of developing countries a chance at the rat race.

Cardano and Charles never pumped anything, they have a clear mission they're trying to execute on. They already have projects that have helped entire communities, which other cyrpto is doing that?

edit;
Just read your above reply.

In regards to the network itself, I agree, it's been long, drawn out, and slow. But, that's just how it goes sometimes. I get that it's frustrating, but their smart contracts are finally here, so isn't that a step in the right direction.

Also, I come into contact with a lot of software engineers and I always ask them what makes devs develop on certain platforms and they all say the same thing. If there is opportunity, they will develop. They don't care about the language, they will learn it if they think there is opportunity.

One of them said look at iOS when it first came out and the iPhone. Developing of iOS was an incredibly horrendous experience in the beginning, but they did it because the opportunity was there.

If Cardano becomes what it has the potential to be, devs will come whether they want to or not.

Last edited by PeanutButter; 09-19-2021 at 10:43 AM.
Old 09-19-2021, 04:38 PM   #3524

HP Laptop with a 3060 $200 off. $1349. Looks like it can get up to 48 MH/S.

https://www.hp.com/ca-en/shop/produc...n=RedFlagDeals
Old 09-19-2021, 04:59 PM   #3525
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,461 Times in 5,119 Posts
That would take some serious balls to run a laptop 24/7 at high heat lol
68style is offline   Reply With Quote