REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Honda / Acura Tech Resources (https://www.revscene.net/forums/honda-acura-tech-resources_310/)
-   -   Accord 7th Gen Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/681398-accord-7th-gen-thread.html)

tool001 01-28-2014 02:07 PM

^ i get it when weather is cold (actually only recently - this year) . .even when car is warmed up .. still get it. (just when taking off)

tell them u want it in writing.cause it obviously bull..i am not sure,, but it has to be certified mech. not too sure about diy.

Mkhun 06-15-2015 02:31 PM

I have APP Sensor for those whom are getting P2138 Codes.

Related to this:
P2138 code Accelerator Position Sensor & Control Arm (unrelated) - Drive Accord Honda Forums

Zyx 06-17-2015 02:50 AM

anyone have a extra window switch laying around? i have a v6 coupe my switch went bad and now my window doesnt go down

AstulzerRZD 06-18-2015 11:39 AM

Anyone have thoughts on tires?
It's time for my 06 SE V6 to get new tires, and I'm going to go through Costco for their free rotation and road hazard warranty.

I'll choosing between the following tires:
1. Michelin Primacy MXM4 (V speed rated)
2. Michelin Pilot A/S 3 (W speed rated)
3. Bridgestone Turanza Serenity Plus (V speed rated).

Turanza Serenity Plus' are what is mounted on the car right now (got it used, so the tires were about half worn) - I've found that the snow traction, wet grip, and handling response have some room for improvement.

In terms of what I'm looking for, I'm looking for a good balance between noise and performance.

blkgsr 04-14-2016 04:40 AM

looking at picking up an 03 accord v6 auto (auto for the wife)

most on CL are around 230K+....if there tranny hasn't been replaced what is the likely hood it will need to be soon? i read there may be a recall on them?

is the 04+ any better??

thanks

AstulzerRZD 04-14-2016 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blkgsr (Post 8747133)

most on CL are around 230K+....if there tranny hasn't been replaced what is the likely hood it will need to be soon? i read there may be a recall on them?

is the 04+ any better??

thanks

There have been recalls and such, but generally, only the 06+ models have better transmissions.

With the TL, the 07+ models used the RL transmission.

GLOW 04-14-2016 07:40 AM

i thought all auto v6's were ticking timebombs. glad to know 06+ is better.

AstulzerRZD 04-14-2016 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GLOW (Post 8747155)
i thought all auto v6's were ticking timebombs. glad to know 06+ is better.

Don't get me wrong haha, they're still made of glass.. just stronger glass.

I've done the cartridge filter and fluid change every two years, and did the pressure switches as well.

GLOW 04-14-2016 08:04 AM

my 07 v6 auto is still under 100k so i'm expecting i have at least another 50k before i start sweating bullets :lol

jeedee 04-14-2016 09:24 AM

Quote:

is the 04+ any better??

thanks

i have an 04 nearing 170k as my daily. Anything at 200k+ will need to be replaced afaik. No recalls on them and it's a known issue with the tranny.

STAY FAR FAR AWAY. I would not recommend.

If you can get an 06+ do it. Anything below 06 isn't worth it.

AstulzerRZD 04-14-2016 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GLOW (Post 8747161)
my 07 v6 auto is still under 100k so i'm expecting i have at least another 50k before i start sweating bullets :lol

ooh, i've got 120 on mine with a bunch of AutoX and hard driving, you'll be fine!
Have you done the filter and switches?

It's a super easy cartridge filter for $28. (P/N 25450-RAY-003)
http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/15...rformance.html

The switches are a bit more expensive, but super accessible behind the fender liner from the front driver's side.
# 28600-RAY-003 (3rd)
# 28610-RAY-003 (4th)
These have been superseded with part numbers ending in -014 from what I can remember.

blkgsr 04-14-2016 07:52 PM

friggen auto tranny's.....it's eiher this or a VW auto which is also supposed to be crap....the gamble is which one's worse?

blkgsr 04-14-2016 08:04 PM

what's the price of a rebuild??

how do you guys like the cars otherwise?

jeedee 04-15-2016 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blkgsr (Post 8747363)
how do you guys like the cars otherwise?

Meh. It gets me to work, to the gym etc

Gas is decent

Whoever said "hondas are reliable" is either full of shit or im just unlucky as fuk lol

-driver side lock stopped working one year
- passenger side lock stopped working the next year
- waterpump busted in the parking lot while i was work
- timing belt got soaked by coolant
- side engine mount broke (known issue but isn't a recall)
- rear motors had to be replaced
- rear calipers seized
- headlight bulbs fried easily. When the left side gave out, then the right a few weeks later
- approached a roadblock, cop thought i was gonna drive through it so he pulls out his baton and hits my rear and now there's a huge dent.

And add the random door dings, dents, bumps etc. 04 coupe is meh.

jeedee 04-15-2016 12:33 PM

Also curious where do you guys get your Hondas maintained/parts replaced at etc? Looking for a new shop preferably in the Burnaby area.

Fuck Kingsway Openroad Honda

GLOW 04-15-2016 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AstulzerRZD (Post 8747339)
ooh, i've got 120 on mine with a bunch of AutoX and hard driving, you'll be fine!

nope. i just get whatever maintenance my mechanic tells me to do :lol
i drive like an old man so hopefully both mine will have long lives

jeedee 04-15-2016 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GLOW (Post 8747570)
nope. i just get whatever maintenance my mechanic tells me to do :lol
i drive like an old man so hopefully both mine will have long lives

do you mind sharing who your mechanic is? I've been looking for one for awhile now.

GLOW 04-15-2016 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeedee (Post 8747580)
do you mind sharing who your mechanic is? I've been looking for one for awhile now.

PM'd

Purely 04-15-2016 07:56 PM

Quote:

is the 04+ any better??

thanks

For 7th gen Accord v6's, the weakest component is probably the auto transmission in the 03-05s (most reported failures, but there are still numerous high mileage accords running fine with original v6 transmission). Like others have mentioned, should probably check out the 06-07s or the 4 cylinder (no transmission issues, no timing belt, but high mileage ones may burn oil).

The v6 autos do require more maintenance: transmission fluid drain and refills, filter change, and pressure switches replacement. However, even with maintenance it can still randomly fail.. The type of driving (traffic vs highway), driving style, and weather (hot temperatures) also plays a part on wearing down the transmission from what I've read.

My 05 v6 auto with 135k has been pretty reliable. Aside from routine maintenance items, I did have to replace my starter and fix a minor steering o-ring issue (easy fix).

Quote:

Originally Posted by AstulzerRZD (Post 8747339)

It's a super easy cartridge filter for $28. (P/N 25450-RAY-003)
Changed V6 Trans Filter and Pressure Switches...Much Better Performance - Drive Accord Honda Forums

The switches are a bit more expensive, but super accessible behind the fender liner from the front driver's side.
# 28600-RAY-003 (3rd)
# 28610-RAY-003 (4th)
These have been superseded with part numbers ending in -014 from what I can remember.

Where do you purchase your Dw-1 fluid, filter, and pressure switches? With the current CAD/USD rate, I don't want to drive down to states to pick up parts anymore, do you/anyone else know any Canadian retailers to purchase from?

!Aznboi128 04-15-2016 08:12 PM

I just call the local honda to get mine.

blkgsr 04-16-2016 10:14 AM

well looking at a couple today....also looking at 2000+ jetta 1.8T's but those also have weak auto tranny's

any recommendation for cars that don't suck?

AstulzerRZD 07-23-2017 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Purely (Post 8747663)
For 7th gen Accord v6's, the weakest component is probably the auto transmission in the 03-05s (most reported failures, but there are still numerous high mileage accords running fine with original v6 transmission). Like others have mentioned, should probably check out the 06-07s or the 4 cylinder (no transmission issues, no timing belt, but high mileage ones may burn oil).

The v6 autos do require more maintenance: transmission fluid drain and refills, filter change, and pressure switches replacement. However, even with maintenance it can still randomly fail.. The type of driving (traffic vs highway), driving style, and weather (hot temperatures) also plays a part on wearing down the transmission from what I've read.

My 05 v6 auto with 135k has been pretty reliable. Aside from routine maintenance items, I did have to replace my starter and fix a minor steering o-ring issue (easy fix).

Where do you purchase your Dw-1 fluid, filter, and pressure switches? With the current CAD/USD rate, I don't want to drive down to states to pick up parts anymore, do you/anyone else know any Canadian retailers to purchase from?

I usually go through Pacific Honda for parts. They've been pretty good with either asking how they're doing on price, or giving me a discount off the bat without asking.

GLOW 11-10-2017 04:39 PM

i'm told my front engine mounts are torn and need replacement. any idea what that will run me? just want to make sure i'm not getting taken to the cleaners.
i'm told $600-800?

also my mechanic has retired so i've been using whomever i googled in my area...anyone has a mechanic they can suggest that's in the east van/west burnaby area? i'm located around joyce station.

tia

dapper_remy 08-04-2018 02:51 PM

REcharging AC?

2003 coupe V6. Changed relays. Fan works. AC still not going.

Anyone do a freon recharge and have suggestions?

!Aznboi128 08-04-2018 04:05 PM

^ can diy, buy the bottle from Canadian tire