REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-04-2013, 02:03 AM   #76
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yray View Post
will nongshim noodles disappear if war took place
most of the ones sold here are made in their factory in the states
Advertisement
StylinRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:30 AM   #77
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-05-2013, 03:51 AM   #78
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
North Korea: Kim Jong-un steps up security detail - Telegraph

Interesting read. Confirms the reddit post regarding the insurrection within the military.
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-05-2013, 04:02 AM   #79
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
Quote:
Seoul not considering withdrawal of S. Korean workers from Kaesong complex

SEOUL, April 5 (Yonhap) -- Seoul is not considering the withdrawal of South Korean workers from the joint inter-Korean industrial complex in the North Korean city of Kaesong, Unification Minister Ryoo Kihl-jae said Friday.

"When the situation requires, the withdrawal should be carried out for the safety of workers there," the minister said in a press conference with foreign correspondents in Seoul. But for now, the conditions are not that serious, "therefore (the government) is not considering withdrawal," the policymaker said.
Seoul not considering withdrawal of S. Korean workers from Kaesong complex | YONHAP NEWS

Quote:
N. Korea loads two medium-range missiles on mobile launchers

SEOUL, April 5 (Yonhap) -- North Korea has loaded two intermediate-range missiles onto mobile launchers and hidden them in an unidentified facility near the east coast, Seoul military sources said Friday, triggering speculation that the North is ready for an abrupt missile launch.

Earlier this week, the communist state had moved the "Musudan" medium-range missiles to its east coast, prompting the United States to send its advanced missile defense system to its base on the Pacific Ocean island of Guam.

South Korea has also sent its Aegis destroyers equipped with advanced radar systems to the East and West Seas.

South Korean and U.S. intelligence officials have been closely monitoring the North Korean facility believed to contain the Musudan missiles on the TELs (transporter-erector-launcher). The missile can fly 3,000-4,000 kilometers and is capable of hitting the U.S. base in Guam in the Pacific Ocean.

"Early this week, the North has moved two Musudan missiles on the train and placed them on mobile launchers," a senior military official familiar with the knowledge of the matter said.

The North's concealing the missiles atop the mobile launcher platform is seen as an attempt to launch missiles in a surprise move, the official said, noting it was not clear whether the move is for a test firing or military drills.
The isolated communist nation has not yet conducted a test firing of the Musudan missile, which was first revealed to the international community in October 2010 during a military parade in Pyongyang.

On Thursday, CNN reported classified images and communications intercepts showing that North Korea has moved two mobile missiles, launchers and fuel tanks to its east coast, citing an anonymous American official.

In response to the North's military move, South Korea has sent two Aegis destroyers equipped with advanced radar systems to both of its coasts, Navy officials said.

The 7,600-ton Aegis destroyers with SPY-1 radar, which can track hundreds of targets as far as 1,000 kilometers away, have been on standby on the east and west coasts of the Korean Peninsula to track missile launches by Pyongyang, according to a senior Navy official.

"If the North fires off a missile, we will trace its trajectory," the official said asking for anonymity citing confidential information.

The South Korean military is also operating the ground-based missile defense radar system Green Pine, and the early warning aircraft Peace Eye under stepped up military readiness status to prepare for a potential rocket launch, according to the officials.

"We are closely monitoring North Korea's missile preparations, but it is not yet clear when and where it will fire off a missile," defense ministry spokesman Kim Min-seok said in a briefing. "We will step up our military posture if the North's missile affects us."
In response to media reports that the North may plan to launch a missile in the coming days or weeks, Kim said Pyongyang could pick a launching day it deems "meaningful," without elaboration.

Outside observers see a high chance that Pyongyang may launch the missile in mid-April to celebrate the April 15 birthday of Kim Il-sung, the communist nation's late founder and the young leader Kim Jong-un's grandfather, in a move to bolster the regime's grip on power.

Meanwhile, the defense ministry has dispatched a team of inspectors to the front-line island of Yeonpyeong to look into the border crossing by a North Korean defector across the tensely guarded western sea border.

The 28-year-old defector, who was living in the South, slipped through radar monitoring on Wednesday night to sail across the maritime border in the Yellow Sea, sparking security concerns at a time of military tensions with the North.

"Investigations are currently underway," Kim said. "After the inspection, we'll figure out what kind of additional measures are needed" to strengthen border security.
(LEAD) N. Korea loads two medium-range missiles on mobile launchers | YONHAP NEWS
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 04:45 AM   #80
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
So... if war starts.. who is going to be fighting with who??
Old 04-05-2013, 05:46 AM   #81
Say! Say! Say!

I think at this moment in time, it's safe to say that if anything happens, it will be North Korea vs. the rest of the world. Even China wants nothing to do with NK anymore (agreeing to sanctions and denying request for an envoy). But the hard part is determining where NK is going to strike. Whether it's South Korea, Japan, or the US, no one really knows.

But the more I read about this, the more it seems that the possibility of war is very unlikely. It seems that Kim Jong-un is trying to consolidate power and regain the confidence of his generals by acting like his father. With his different upbringing, Kim's philosophies are different than his father's, and the generals probably want to maintain the status quo.

Even if Kim Jong-un is overthrown or killed in a coup d'etat, I highly doubt conflict will break out. I'm more than certain that every general knows the reality of sending a missile at this point.

Either way, it's a lose-lose situation for Kim Jong-un.
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:42 AM   #82
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

-----

Last edited by AAnthony; 11-13-2014 at 10:29 AM.
AAnthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:49 AM   #83
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,487 Times in 1,686 Posts
Fat boy Kim Jong Un is taking a huge gamble with the South Koreans, other Asian countries, and the U.S. with his brash statements and use of missiles.

Yeah, I see that he wants to consolidate his power with the military using this tactics to gain concessions from the U.S. The thing is that the latest economic sanctions against North Korea hurt the people the most, not fat boy.

Diplomacy is still the best way to diffuse a potentially deady situation in Asia. China has to step up even more, send their foreign ministers, maybe even the President to have talks with fat boy to stop with the threats of attack.

China and the U.S. need to work even more closely together to tell North Korea to stand down.

Does Kim Jong Un wants to increase his popularity? Somebody tell fat boy to wear a tuxedo, and learn to dance Gangnam style. He needs to lose weight anyways.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:25 AM   #84
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAnthony View Post
From what I've been reading North Korea doesn't have the technology/money to nuke the US. It's an extremely long distance, plus the US also has anti missile technologies. Let's hope not, if (for some reason) Seattle gets nuked by a powerfull enough missile then we could pontentially be fucked.
Posted via RS Mobile
anti-missile missiles are highly ineffective, if they were all that the propoganda has you to believe, then no one would care about ICBMs.

plus ICMB's travel at about mach ~20. which is 7km/s. good luck trying to hit that.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:26 AM   #85
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Best Korea: Let Loose the Dogs of War

So, they've gone from idle threat, to taking things up a notch.

South Korea is sending ships to the area. N.Korea has loaded missiles and is now warning countries to recall their ambassadors. That's usually a bad thing.

What's this guy trying to accomplish? I don't think China is going to step in if he pulls a first strike-and I don't think anyone else is stupid enough to take him out unless he does.

Is it for show?

Embassies face decisions as tensions rise in North Korea - CNN.com

Quote:
Foreign diplomatic missions in North Korea face an ominous decision after Pyongyang said it could not guarantee the safety of embassies and international organizations in the event of armed conflict.
Tensions on the Korean peninsula remain in a heightened state amid new reports that North Korea has prepared missiles for launch, while South Korea has deployed naval destroyers to its coasts.
The British Foreign Office said North Korea told British officials that it would not be able to guarantee the safety of diplomats in the capital if fighting breaks out.
Several diplomatic missions said the North Koreans held a meeting on Friday for ambassadors, where they asked if anyone needed assistance in evacuating their personnel.
"We are consulting international partners about these developments," the British Foreign Office said in a statement. "No decisions have been taken, and we have no immediate plans to withdraw our embassy." more at link
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:26 AM   #86
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Is it for show? Yes.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:28 AM   #87
Banned By Establishment

Sorry, I didn't see the other thread. My mistake. Should just consolidate discussion in one.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:34 AM   #88
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
anti-missile missiles are highly ineffective, if they were all that the propoganda has you to believe, then no one would care about ICBMs.

plus ICMB's travel at about mach ~20. which is 7km/s. good luck trying to hit that.
According to wiki that's just the "boost" phase to get them into orbit. Where they spend about 25mins just hanging out shooting the shit. Reentry is about 2mins at 4km/s. Still retarded fast, but just wanted to clear up that they aren't bombing over the surface of the earth at 7km/s until they hit their target.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:46 AM   #89
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlock View Post
Sorry, I didn't see the other thread. My mistake. Should just consolidate discussion in one.
Merged.
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:14 PM   #90
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,292 Times in 2,507 Posts
As others have said, with the Korean Peninsula situation escalating, I really wouldn't want to be in fat boy Kim's shoes. War or no war, he has painted himself into a corner, and the situation increasingly looks like a lose-lose scenario for him.

If I were the fat boy myself, fleeing the country might not be that bad of an idea at this point. The fat boy has reportedly stashed away billions' worth of wealth under disguised names and such in various countries around the world (with major stashes set aside in China), and if he flees, he could at least still live in wealth and luxury. But if he does this, there is a good chance the international community would still come after his a$$ for various crimes that he may or may not have done, and getting tried at the Den Haag court doesn't seem that different than dealing with the hairy situation he finds himself in right now.

For his personal safety and well-being, an out-from-left-field idea might actually be to suddenly cooperate with the US, in exchange for some sort of personal safety and criminal / political asylum guarantees. Using the entire Seoul population as hostage and bargaining chip (as crappy as DPRK's military "might" might be, it is still extremely easy to inflict massive damage and losses in Seoul), I'm sure this could be arranged.

If his chest thumping antics continue, he could only spell doom for himself and DPRK.
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:26 PM   #91
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:

with the shitty build quality of the NK nukes, itll have a hard time flying a straight trajectory, which means the anti missiles will have a hard time predicting n intercepting
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 04:31 PM   #92
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,802 Times in 3,898 Posts
Wait what...there are international diplomats in DPRK?

I seriously thought it would just consist of Chinese/Cuban embassy
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 04:35 PM   #93
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
As others have said, with the Korean Peninsula situation escalating, I really wouldn't want to be in fat boy Kim's shoes. War or no war, he has painted himself into a corner, and the situation increasingly looks like a lose-lose scenario for him.

If I were the fat boy myself, fleeing the country might not be that bad of an idea at this point. The fat boy has reportedly stashed away billions' worth of wealth under disguised names and such in various countries around the world (with major stashes set aside in China), and if he flees, he could at least still live in wealth and luxury. But if he does this, there is a good chance the international community would still come after his a$$ for various crimes that he may or may not have done, and getting tried at the Den Haag court doesn't seem that different than dealing with the hairy situation he finds himself in right now.

For his personal safety and well-being, an out-from-left-field idea might actually be to suddenly cooperate with the US, in exchange for some sort of personal safety and criminal / political asylum guarantees. Using the entire Seoul population as hostage and bargaining chip (as crappy as DPRK's military "might" might be, it is still extremely easy to inflict massive damage and losses in Seoul), I'm sure this could be arranged.

If his chest thumping antics continue, he could only spell doom for himself and DPRK.
Most likely scenario is he obtains "aid" in return for shutting up and being a good little 'fat boy'. It's worked so far
Old 04-05-2013, 05:46 PM   #94
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,487 Times in 1,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlock View Post
Most likely scenario is he obtains "aid" in return for shutting up and being a good little 'fat boy'. It's worked so far

There's the "what if" scenario, where the U.S. could call fat boy Kim's bluff and say that it's all for show. The U.S. can send even more military hardware to defend South Korea.

How is this kid gonna react? Will he try to save face among the North Korean military and his people by blowing shit up or will he stand down?

I think fat boy is a bad poker player. He goes "all in" with his money and loses everything.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:19 PM   #95
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 2,719 Times in 392 Posts
Just got one of these off amazon incase any missiles come in.
1982 TE72
1988 5.0
1990 S13 Coupe
2006 Mazda B4000 4x4
1987 Ae86 Coupe
1988 Cressida Wagon
1985 Cressida 7m Swap
1987 Ae86 Hatch
1989 FC
cressydrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:44 PM   #96
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
^
highly inaccurate. lol. anti missile missiles fail, then this thing is the next wall, a very thin shitty wall lol.

there's really no real world examples of this working properly.

it's more of something more along the lines of a invention created by the military industrial complex... to feed the industry.

in real war, it will fail.

the only shit they keep around is stuff that has been time tested in war. everything else is for show.

Effective range 3.6 km (2.2 mi)
Maximum range Classified

typical missile speed, mach 3 = 1.02087 kilometers / second...
you effectively have 4 seconds to detect it, aim at it, and shoot it down before it fucks you up. and that's the "slow" missile.

some missiles go a lot faster. like i said again, good luck. they know you have this gun, they wont fire just 1 missile.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-05-2013, 09:27 PM   #97
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
If there is an actual insurrection within the DPRK and it seems more likely now. I wouldn't be surprised if the CIA and its affiliates start chatting with Kim Jong Un to ensure his safety and provide options.
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:12 PM   #98
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
North Korea has to know they're hopelessly outgunned if a real war starts.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:49 AM   #99
Say! Say! Say!

For the lulz
Old 04-06-2013, 06:53 PM   #100
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
the US sent a Radar platform/freighter over to monitor NK

like the one pictured here:

!!!!! dat size!!!
StylinRed is online now   Reply With Quote