REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-16-2013, 10:39 AM   #251
The sound of inevitability

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Yes it matters. You are bringing up something completely unrelated for some reason. Want to bring up some bus accident that killed lots of people in Africa? What would that prove?
So an air strike that kills civilians is different from the bombing of civilians via a home made bomb (afaik)?

The only difference is the method of delivery. The outcome is the same.

Also, nice straw man. A bus accident isn't the same as an airstrike.
Advertisement

The only ocean creature you can call yourself is the giant squid. He's the destroyer of ships, and the eater of seamen. At least you share one of those traits.
-Hypa

mixed girls that look predominatly asian with subtle caucasian features=what i'd give my left nut for
-6chr0nic4
The7even is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-16-2013, 10:50 AM   #252
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
lol wow... so racism kicked in right away..

Not surprised, it's Boston after all:

http://www.ctvnews.ca/nhl-decries-ra...-ward-1.801783
Old 04-16-2013, 11:44 AM   #253
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by classified View Post
not sure if this was posted but i really loose faith in humanity after things like this. I also can not even understand how when the bomb went off people in the race cared more about finishing then helping people, some were running through the crowed watching there watches trying to get across the finish.

Public Shaming
This, here, is a classic case of the 'wat.'
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:46 AM   #254
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangonay View Post
Actually they should stay in their "caves" or whatever suitable place they can find to plan and organize their attacks.

If you bring shit into your own house then you can't complain if something happens to family/friends around you. If you're going to involve yourself in these activities then you should distance yourself as far as you can from anyone you care about.

The fact that so many don't just shows their "cause" is more important to them than family or innocent people around them.
u cant say that, you can apply it to any "clan" of people that fight/defend.

if a gangster's family is killed, he should live in his gangster HQ instead of home right?
same as cops, if a cops family is killed, well he's involved in "this shit" so he should stay away from pp he cares about.

"terrorists" are just a group of ppl that have the same goal. a gang, cops, whatever. they're just another "team" out there.

they are terrorists to you. but to themselves, they are just another group of ppl with common interests.

with that mentality, then no one is innocent.
if a gangsters family is slaughtered cuz of a gang war, it's normal.

if a terrorists family is blown up in a war, it's normal.

if a cop's family is killed cuz he's an undercover rat, it's normal.

if ppl are killed because they are apart of a system that someone is trying to destroy, it's normal.

guilty by association right? everyone is on a team whether they like it or not.

in the eyes of the people wielding the weapons, there is only one team, themselves.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:57 AM   #255
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,687 Times in 1,624 Posts
Quote:
inb4 ulic posts about how "people only care about their kind" in a 3000 word essay with double space between each sentence
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
u cant say that, you can apply it to any "clan" of people that fight/defend.

if a gangster's family is killed, he should live in his gangster HQ instead of home right?
same as cops, if a cops family is killed, well he's involved in "this shit" so he should stay away from pp he cares about.

"terrorists" are just a group of ppl that have the same goal. a gang, cops, whatever. they're just another "team" out there.

they are terrorists to you. but to themselves, they are just another group of ppl with common interests.

with that mentality, then no one is innocent.
if a gangsters family is slaughtered cuz of a gang war, it's normal.

if a terrorists family is blown up in a war, it's normal.

if a cop's family is killed cuz he's an undercover rat, it's normal.

if ppl are killed because they are apart of a system that someone is trying to destroy, it's normal.

guilty by association right? everyone is on a team whether they like it or not.

in the eyes of the people wielding the weapons, there is only one team, themselves.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-16-2013, 12:02 PM   #256
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,372 Times in 3,904 Posts
Quote:
Actually they should stay in their "caves" or whatever suitable place they can find to plan and organize their attacks.

If you bring shit into your own house then you can't complain if something happens to family/friends around you. If you're going to involve yourself in these activities then you should distance yourself as far as you can from anyone you care about.

The fact that so many don't just shows their "cause" is more important to them than family or innocent people around them.

then the same can be said for America...

Quote:
Originally Posted by will068 View Post
Boston is a racist town certainly Boston pd is notorious for being so...i guess i shouldn't be so surprised but i am :/

Quote:
It's the terrorists. If it was pure racism, the people would be taking down black people, hispanics, asians, etc. But they are taking down the race that terrorists have been.
again, i blame the media/govt/& terrorists

Quote:
Nobody got hurt, the guy got questioned, and was released. If he was the perpetrator, and some PC person decided to do nothing about it for fear of being called a racist by someone on the internet, that would suck a lot more.
ends justifies the means excellent

Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post
that wasn't the type of post skinny was referring to, it has to be much much longer
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:17 PM   #257
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,910 Times in 606 Posts
On Twitter, the ‘Godless’ Are Already to Blame for the Boston Marathon Bombing

i lol'd
Sid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:18 PM   #258
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,502 Posts
Quote:
that wasn't the type of post skinny was referring to, it has to be much much longer
yeah, that's cuz unlike my other topic posts, there's nothing to discuss here.

either some "terrorist" group did it, self explanatory.

or someone or a group of ppl were pushed to their limits and decided to do something extreme... self explanatory as well.

woopdidoo. what do you expect. the smarter the people, the more efficient their methods of killing will be. I'm surprised there aren't more bombings and less shootings. Anyone with half a brain would use a bomb vs a gun.

either way, there's nothing to talk about. either u got "enemies" or you've got some disgruntled people that went postal in a shitty country.

In the coming years left of your life, expect more bombings and shootings. It's not a surprise or anything hard to predict. There really isn't much to discuss. It's pretty fucking straight forward lol.

someone wants destruction, people are smart, they will make it happen, it happened, there's nothing you can do about it. it will happen again. welcome to earth, enjoy your stay, have a good life.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-16-2013, 02:13 PM   #259
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Thanked 1,502 Times in 506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The7even View Post
So an air strike that kills civilians is different from the bombing of civilians via a home made bomb (afaik)?

The only difference is the method of delivery. The outcome is the same.
Really? The only difference is the method of delivery?

So there were targets at the Boston Marathon who were personally responsible for (or were planning) some form of attack and they were taken out by the bombs and the rest of the people were "collateral damage"?

Or perhaps the US does an airstrike on a random group of people just for the hell of it? They have no intelligence or information that the people they're looking for are anywhere near the area, but decide to go ahead and bomb it anyway?
dangonay is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-16-2013, 02:38 PM   #260
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,785 Times in 3,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by classified View Post
not sure if this was posted but i really loose faith in humanity after things like this. I also can not even understand how when the bomb went off people in the race cared more about finishing then helping people, some were running through the crowed watching there watches trying to get across the finish.

twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:45 PM   #261
#deephouse

Thanked 4,704 Times in 1,243 Posts
Why are people on Twitter/Americans so fucking stupid..
Old 04-16-2013, 02:52 PM   #262

Quote:
Or perhaps the US does an airstrike on a random group of people just for the hell of it? They have no intelligence or information that the people they're looking for are anywhere near the area, but decide to go ahead and bomb it anyway?
yes.. as we've seen from leaked videos and reports
not to mention those who've been court marshaled over their actions which were so obscene that even the military was like "whoa whoa whoa"

and if we were going to be anal im sure you could argue there were members of the military in the marathon that seems to be the same reasoning when the us bombs an area "oh there were reports that insurgents were nearby"
Old 04-16-2013, 03:38 PM   #263
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by knight604 View Post
Why are people on [any social website]/[any country in the world] so fucking stupid..
Fixed.

To generalize people with one sweeping comment is no better than those you criticize.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:08 PM   #264
I don't get it

Boston Bombing Funerals Will Be Picketed, Westboro Baptist Church Says - US News and World Report
BurnoutBinLaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:13 PM   #265

Spoiler!

-_- i think everyones dismissed them as completely insane by now, they shouldn't be angry but rather feel pity for them
Old 04-16-2013, 06:13 PM   #266
resident Oil Guru

Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
^

LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:19 PM   #267
I STILL don't get it

better than any Mayan calendar I tell you what.
noventa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:21 PM   #268
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,775 Times in 8,169 Posts
Quote:

Boston is a racist town certainly Boston pd is notorious for being so...i guess i shouldn't be so surprised but i am :/

ends justifies the means excellent
Boston may be infamous for its racism, but I bet most of the people there weren't local.

And no, not justified. Reasoned. There's a difference
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:29 PM   #269
Banned (ABWS)

It's fucking stupid that some people compare what happened to Boston to kids starving to death and people dying in war. How the fuck is a stray bomb in a war zone the same as some nut case(s) who planned and executed blowing people up with out warning?

And why are people making a huge deal about caring about this incident when ppl die all over the world? No life is worth more or less than a Canadian or American, but the fact that this shit is happening so close to home makes me care a lot more than shit happening in a f*cked up country. And it's not ignorant to expect this shit not to happen here just because it's Canada/USA, because we do live in a better place than most of the world and this shit shouldn't happen.
Red-nijzllab is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-16-2013, 08:30 PM   #270
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Quote:
And no, not justified. Reasoned. There's a difference
Godamn I wish people would be able to see this in arguments and not judge someone for simply pointing on the facts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-nijzllab View Post
It's fucking stupid that some people compare what happened to Boston to kids starving to death and people dying in war. How the fuck is a stray bomb in a war zone the same as some nut case(s) who planned and executed blowing people up with out warning?
I just don't even... "Stray" bombs in a war zone? What in the fuck is a stray bomb?
Old 04-16-2013, 08:38 PM   #271
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabAlmighty View Post
I just don't even... "Stray" bombs in a war zone? What in the fuck is a stray bomb?
I'm assuming he meant an IED?
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:42 PM   #272
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
I'm assuming he meant an IED?
Even then, it's still a planned and usually remote/trigger detonated. It's not like it's being tossed out of an airplane at random like those Russians did in Afghanistan with the butterfly mine
Old 04-16-2013, 08:53 PM   #273
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabAlmighty View Post
Godamn I wish people would be able to see this in arguments and not judge someone for simply pointing on the facts.

well how else do I explain collateral damage? Or are you going to tell me the US is there to kill everyone who gets in their way because they are purely evil?

edit: What I meant was collateral damage caused by bombs and artillery. Because yeah the US have killed a lot of innocents but some people act like that's purely why they are there is to bomb weddings and kill children. Yes it sucks but you can't expect a war to be perfect, i'm sorry if i'm talking out of my ass when i've never lived in a war zone but yeah w.e.
Red-nijzllab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:54 PM   #274

i think he's assuming every bomb a drone drops or a jet fires that kills a civilian is one that went astray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-nijzllab View Post
Or are you going to tell me the US is there to kill everyone who gets in their way because they are purely evil?
and now you know why people around the world hates the US (at least those calling for "death to america" and those protesting american actions)
Old 04-16-2013, 09:01 PM   #275
McFogg The Dawg is my homeboy

Thanked 1,130 Times in 286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by noventa View Post
Family Guy Predicts Boston Bombings - YouTube

better than any Mayan calendar I tell you what.
that's fake lol
2 different episodes. had me speechless for a second
kevin7352 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: