REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-03-2013, 12:16 PM   #1226
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
The problem I have is that people who are borderline undecided as to certain events can be swayed by certain topics and opinions. I've seen a few fall into these traps and start believing things like what CIC posted simply because there weren't people around to disprove them. I guess I only post in these sort of threads because I don't want that to keep happening.
Advertisement
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:28 PM   #1227
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Dunno what's worse the border line trolling or you guys taking the time to write out multi paragraph responses to the trolling.
Posted via RS Mobile
People always assume that it takes a lot of time for me to write posts but...what can I say? I type 120 WPM and I'm smart. I assume the other folks around here that use complete sentences are roughly the same.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:33 PM   #1228
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
holy shit u guys are still talking about this.

conspiracy theories are like finding coins on the ground.

from the mint, freshly pressed, to you noticing it on the ground. there's a million possibilities.

all the possibilities you can imagine are true.

but you cannot be sure unless you were there. but since you can't be there, you can take all angles as true.

i coulda threw a penny on the ground.

someone coulda dropped it.

it could have been stuck to the bottom of a piece of something a bird was carrying and it fell off while in mid air.

etc etc etc, limited to only how big of a scope you have and the depth of your imagination.

all possibilities are possible. given an infinite amount of tries, any of these possibilities could be real.

to the perspective of small fish like us, you can NEVER know. they are all possible in one way form or another.

as for jpeg compression and manipulation. I'm no PS expert, but even I have zoomed in and edited pictures PIXEL BY PIXEL, just so artifacts and compression look natural or "fit in" with the rest of the picture.

there have been natural artifacts that look ugly, they just stand out, for some reason... i just "fix" it by editing it. pixel by pixel...

that being said... lol, you guys will never know.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:34 PM   #1229
I keep RS good

NEVER... know. lol.

and it doesnt matter if one theory is more unlikely than another. it's only more unlikely in your own mind given your perspective.
in the grand picture of things, they are roughly all equal. even the far out crazy theories.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:38 PM   #1230
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Craft International Trains Canadian Law Enforcement Snipers | SOFREP

Same "mercenary" guys photographed during boston bombing.

seems like legit training, but I want to see what you guys have to say in terms of conspiracy theories.
Ball.J.Inder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:56 PM   #1231
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 06:50 PM   #1232
I subscribe to Revscene

Carlos Arredondo - Boston Hero or NWO FRAUD?
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 10:15 PM   #1233
I subscribe to Revscene

Look at these uneducated fails
pleaze explain to me how this guys pants blew off yet his skin stayed intact!!!!!

Boston Fake Bombings

The girl that made these videos is so great! so many gems here... highly recommended!
https://www.youtube.com/user/BetsyLeeMcGee/videos
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-15-2015, 12:23 PM   #1234
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
Death Sentence for Dzhokhar Tsarnaev

Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev sentenced to death - World - CBC News

Quote:
Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev has been sentenced to die by lethal injection for the 2013 attack that killed three people and injured 264.

The U.S. jury in Massachusetts reached the decision Friday after more than 14 hours of deliberations over three days.

The 21-year-old Tsarnaev was convicted last month of all 30 U.S. federal charges against him, 17 of which carried the possibility of the death penalty.

He showed no reaction as the jury sentenced him to death, his head down slightly and his hands folded in front of him.

The defence asked that the jury be polled, and each confirmed that the verdict represented his or her decision.

The sentence came down exactly 25 months after the April 15, 2013, bombings.

Tsarnaev killed a Massachusetts Institute of Technology police officer days later.

The defence sought to save Tsarnaev's life by pinning most of the blame on his radicalized older brother, Tamerlan.

But prosecutors portrayed Tsarnaev as an equal partner in the attack and so heartless he placed a bomb behind children, killing an eight-year-old boy.

Boston Mayor Martin J. Walsh said he hoped the verdict "provides a small amount of closure to survivors."

"Today, more than ever, we know that Boston is a City of hope, strength and resilience, that can overcome any challenge."

U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch reacted to the death sentence by saying "the ultimate penalty is a fitting punishment for this horrific crime."

Tsarnaev's father, Anzor Tsarnaev, moaned deeply upon hearing the news from an Associated Press reporter and hung up.

During the trial, jurors heard grisly and heartbreaking testimony from numerous bombing survivors who described seeing their legs blown off or watching someone next to them die.

Killed in the bombing were Lingzi Lu, a 23-year-old Boston University graduate student from China; Krystle Campbell, a 29-year-old restaurant manager from Medford; and eight-year-old Martin Richard, who had gone to watch the marathon with his family. Massachusetts Institute of Technology police Officer Sean Collier was shot to death in his cruiser days later. Seventeen people lost legs in the bombings.

Tamerlan Tsarnaev died days after the bombing when he was shot by police and run over by Dzhokhar during a chaotic getaway attempt.

In deciding on the death penalty, the jury had to fill out a detailed, 24-page worksheet in which they tallied up the so-called aggravating factors and mitigating factors.

The possible aggravating factors cited by the prosecution included cruelty of the crime, the killing of a child, the amount of carnage inflicted, and any lack of remorse. The possible mitigating factors included his age, the possible influence of his brother and his turbulent, dysfunctional family.

The jury agreed with the prosecution on 11 of the 12 aggravating factors they cited, including a lack of remorse. In weighing possible mitigating factors, only three of the 12 jurors found he acted under the influence of his brother.

Tsarnaev did not take the stand at his trial, and he slouched in his seat through most of the case, a seemingly bored look on his face. In his only flash of emotion during the months-long case, he cried when his Russian aunt took the stand.

The only evidence of any remorse on his part in the two years since the attack came from the defense's final witness, Sister Helen Prejean, a Roman Catholic nun and staunch death penalty opponent made famous by the movie Dead Man Walking.

She quoted Tsarnaev as saying of the bombing victims: "No one deserves to suffer like they did."

Tsarnaev's lawyers also called teachers, friends and Russian relatives who described him as a sweet and kind boy who cried during The Lion King. The defence called him a "good kid."

The defence argued that sparing his life and instead sending him to the federal Supermax prison in Florence, Colo., would be a harsh punishment and would best allow the bombing victims to move on with their lives without having to read about years of death penalty appeals.

U.S. District Judge George O'Toole Jr. will formally impose the sentence at a later date during a hearing in which bombing victims will be allowed to speak. Tsarnaev will also be given the opportunity to address the court.

The Tsarnaevs — ethnic Chechens — lived in the former Soviet republic of Kyrgyzstan and the volatile Dagestan region of Russia, near Chechnya, before moving to the U.S. about a decade before the bombings. They settled in Cambridge, just outside Boston.
Old 05-15-2015, 04:26 PM   #1235
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
they should make prisons harder like Russia's Black Dolphin in USA and throw his ass in there...Death seems too easy of a way out.
Old 05-15-2015, 04:33 PM   #1236
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
Years of appeals will now ensue. Instead of lethal injection they should stand him over a crockpot bomb......

Berz out.
Old 05-15-2015, 05:15 PM   #1237
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Wait - does this mean the lethal injection won't take place now/soon as the defense will appeal?

I wonder how the defense lawyer sleep at night knowing the details of the case and still have to defend this asshole.
Special K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 06:35 PM   #1238
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
Terrorist act, victims include women and children. If this guy is not in solitary, I would be very surprised if he made it to the lethal injection date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 07:29 PM   #1239
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Special K View Post
Wait - does this mean the lethal injection won't take place now/soon as the defense will appeal?

I wonder how the defense lawyer sleep at night knowing the details of the case and still have to defend this asshole.
The average wait on death row is around 15 years or so, he won't be killed for a while.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 08:17 PM   #1240
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
lethal injection? So peaceful....
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 08:58 PM   #1241
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
The average wait on death row is around 15 years or so, he won't be killed for a while.
maybe it'll be death by sodomy in less than 15 years

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 10:44 PM   #1242
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,295 Times in 2,509 Posts
Given the current widespread shortage of lethal injections in the US, even if all of the appeals have failed, there is a good chance that the execution will be delayed. If I am not mistaken, Utah has reinstated death by firing squat (I think as a back up option to lethal injection); some states are bringing back the electric chair; other states are looking at other options.

The point is, this guy is not going to die for quite a few more years.
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 01:48 AM   #1243
I keep RS good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special K View Post

cuz he gets paid? his job isnt to determine anything, his sole purpose is to defend his assigned client. that is all a lawyers job is. you are assigned a side to take. your clients. period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Terrorist act, victims include women and children. If this guy is not in solitary, I would be very surprised if he made it to the lethal injection date.
women and children? so? so youre saying if all the victims were men it wouldnt matter as much?

like really, what the fuck does it matter at this point. u think this KID has any future? u think it even matters if he dies or not? he could suddenly vanish from this planet and it wouldnt even fucking matter unless your ego got to to you.

at this point, it doesnt even fucking matter what happens. he dies, he lives, he rots in prison for the next 300 years or whatever ridiculous sentence he gets.

he's just forgotten. it makes no difference unless youre so fucking stubborn, that you cant get over yourself.

like if he doesnt get executed, you think this 1 in 7.125 billion (2013) (1.4035088e-10) fucking matters at all?

if hitler were alive still, and on trial, what kinda fucking punishment do you think he should get in comparison to this guy?

like... seriously. you squish one fucking ant in a colony of 7.125 billion. it makes no fucking difference unless you're full of your own shit.
Old 05-16-2015, 07:01 AM   #1244
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
women and children? so? so youre saying if all the victims were men it wouldnt matter as much?
Because you clearly have no idea, I will take a little time to explain.

In prison, inmates pay special attention to men who commit cowardly crimes toward women and children. If you kill a bunch of dudes, all good homie! If your victims are women and children, you dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: