REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-10-2013, 03:11 PM   #76
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinn3r View Post
totally unrelated to topic, but i just noticed that you end every post with an ellipsis lol
Had to google "ellipsis"...
Just learnt there was a term for that...
Advertisement
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-10-2013, 05:34 PM   #77
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

IMO it's totally ridiculous that anyone with a class 5 can go and start riding a 50cc or less scooter without any tests or lessons. As demonstrated by the idiot in the video, most people on scooters have zero rider awareness and do not wear the proper gear because they are mostly ignorant to the safety issues. I'll give the guy in video some credit because he tries to have some protection by wearing a helmet, riding gloves and ankle high boots but he's basically a squid with shorts and a t-shirt! He deserves the road rash he's sustained!

ICBC needs to institute at least a single road test for people wanting to ride scooters, they simply do not appreciate how dangerous it can be even on a 50cc or less machine.
jaguar604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-10-2013, 07:54 PM   #78
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon View Post
I knew this guy back a few years ago and just deleted him on FB. Always spamming my feed. Anyways, seems like the kind of guy who will make SUCH a big deal out of this and all the while not realizing he is completely at fault. Seriously, turning on a yellow in front of a bus? Sounds like a GREAT idea. Last time I checked bus drivers don't give a shit about anyone eles and are always trying to stay on schedule. Maybe he did run a yellow, but still... it's the left turners responsibility to make sure the intersection is clear before turning.

Also, mandatory 49cc scooter training NOW please. Being a motorcycle rider I am sick of these wieners running around in traffic pretending to know how to ride on two wheels. Just because you have a class 5 should not mean you know how to ride on two wheels, scooter or not. Also, nice riding jacket... oh wait. Roadrash sucks. Bet he won't ride without one again.

And yes, he is lucky to be alive.
Totally agree with him making a big deal out of everything on fb. When he posted that, I just thought he wanted more attention.

What annoyed me the most is that he was looking straight. You can from the cam that it did not shift to the right to look at the traffic at all and he gunned for it

He has a honda for sure, he said it on his feed.
Wilsonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:30 PM   #79
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,341 Times in 5,649 Posts
Old 05-10-2013, 10:51 PM   #80
My homepage has been set to RS

Hate you Honda, Laughed f'in hard.

Hurts even more when I have a pulled rib muscle.
I saw him on News, the guys a joke man. I'm glad he's safe but as others have already mentioned, he was obviously paying too much attention at the traffic signals, people crossing, and not the real threat: the Bus
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:28 PM   #81
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Future Darwin Award candidate, right here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:31 PM   #82
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,508 Times in 4,310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguar604 View Post
ICBC needs to institute at least a single road test for people wanting to ride scooters, they simply do not appreciate how dangerous it can be even on a 50cc or less machine.
I know we're venturing off topic but I agree. The lack of education and any kind of proper training puts these people at much much more risk. With proper training and education, he could have very likely cut his chances of being dead by more than 50%.

I said this before in the thread but this little bitch is seriously lucky to be alive to even complain and whine about this incident. I don't wish for him to be dead but the way he's dealing with it, he's probably better off.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-11-2013, 12:10 PM   #83
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

jimmyrustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 05:29 PM   #84
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

As a motorcycle riding, I hate these scooter riders on the street. They have no idea the difference between operating a vehicle and a motorcycle/scooter and the proper procedures to deal with certain situations. ie. assuming they always have the right of way as long as they're following the traffic lights(well they do, but they won't be complaining after someone runs a red and kills them), riding in other cars' blind spots, etc etc. As others have mentioned already, why anyone is allowed to be on a 49cc scooter sharing the roads with car/motorcycles/buses/ without any formal testing or knowledge is beyond me.
Bring some RS people with you to help u GANG BANG the guy!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Selanne_200 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-11-2013, 06:20 PM   #85
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

operating a scooter is the easiest fucking thing in the world.

Some people just can't operate MACHINERY period.

The same idiots that have issues on scooters probably have ISSUES in cars.
meowjinboo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-11-2013, 06:30 PM   #86
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
I know we're venturing off topic but I agree. The lack of education and any kind of proper training puts these people at much much more risk. With proper training and education, he could have very likely cut his chances of being dead by more than 50%.

I said this before in the thread but this little bitch is seriously lucky to be alive to even complain and whine about this incident. I don't wish for him to be dead but the way he's dealing with it, he's probably better off.
Agreed about needing some sort of training.

I live on a very busy street, and I constantly see this man in his 50-60s riding up Canada way. I live on a bend so you can't see what's around it. But almost every day I see this man ride in the middle of the lane, then stop, spends 2-3 minutes trying to get it on the sidewalk to ride. I've seen him countless times stop in the middle of the street, get off, and run the bike across Canada way at 4-5pm during busy rush hour, i know when to look out side when i hear tires screeching and cars honking...it's only a matter of time before he gets smoked
Posted via RS Mobile
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-11-2013, 09:00 PM   #87
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

There is only so much training you can give. The rest is driving experience, state of mind and mainly intelligent common sense.

in over 10 years of driving i have encountered countless scenarios which i have never had prior 'training' for, hence the importance of common sense.
Anjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:09 PM   #88
(ノº _ º)ノ彡┻━┻

when i'm making a left turn on my bike, i always wait for traffic to stop before i proceed.
jnesss is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-11-2013, 09:09 PM   #89
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjew View Post
There is only so much training you can give. The rest is driving experience, state of mind and mainly intelligent common sense.
See, now you're just asking too much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-11-2013, 09:16 PM   #90
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjew View Post

in over 10 years of driving i have encountered countless scenarios which i have never had prior 'training' for, hence the importance of common sense.
Do you even ride?

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
Old 05-11-2013, 09:20 PM   #91
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
Do you even ride?
first thing that came to my mind when you said that

Kidnapman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-11-2013, 11:03 PM   #92
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dn53 View Post
buys go pro

doesnt buy gear lol
He is wearing baller Alpinestar gloves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-11-2013, 11:20 PM   #93
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
After re-watching the video, it looks like he assumed the bus was going to stop for the light as he starts his left turn before the last car has driven past his line and of sight and you can clearly see the bus is still going and he makes no attempts to stop when he still going at a slow pace and had the time to stop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-12-2013, 12:42 AM   #94

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnesss View Post
when i'm making a left turn on my bike, i always wait for traffic to stop before i proceed.
Same, I don't care if I'm sitting in the middle of an intersection for 30 seconds into the red, if the cars in the oncoming lame haven't come to a full stop, I ain't moving. I don't have a seatbelt or air bags, so it isn't worth the risk to assume someone will stop
Posted via RS Mobile
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 01:51 AM   #95
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,384 Times in 3,466 Posts
Quote:
IMO it's totally ridiculous that anyone with a class 5 can go and start riding a 50cc or less scooter without any tests or lessons. As demonstrated by the idiot in the video, most people on scooters have zero rider awareness and do not wear the proper gear because they are mostly ignorant to the safety issues. I'll give the guy in video some credit because he tries to have some protection by wearing a helmet, riding gloves and ankle high boots but he's basically a squid with shorts and a t-shirt! He deserves the road rash he's sustained!

If it's electric you don't even need a class 5.
Old 05-12-2013, 02:23 AM   #96
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
He is wearing baller Alpinestar gloves.
probably makes him feel like a real rider
Old 05-12-2013, 08:55 AM   #97
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 4,518 Times in 691 Posts
Quote:

I've always believed this. For anyone who owns a bike and has their license, you notice how it's customary to nod or wave to other riders on the road? And they always nod back. And how scooter riders are completely fucking oblivious?

Now it could be because you're admiring the other guy's or girl's bike in passing...but mostly IMO it's because we are both acknowledging that we put the time and effort into training and passed a test that confirms we are both knowledgeable, respectful, skilled riders and members of the driving community.

Scooter drivers are completely oblivious to this because they just go down to the Vespa store, buy a bike and a helmet and they're off, with no training at all. They aren't aware that there are different road and safety rules and skills that apply, whether you have a 1000cc bike or a 50cc scooter. If you're doing 50 km/h on either cruising down the street, the engine size does not apply. You're still riding a 2-wheel motorized vehicle and interacting with other vehicles on the road.

Why does a small engine size negate this necessity???

Also, I'm sure because he's riding his little Vespa (or whatever) that he doesn't need REAL gear; he won't be going that fast, so he doesn't need a proper jacket, right??
1992 Nissan President Sovereign, Black
1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R, Black
1989 Nissan Skyline GTS-4, Black
1986 Porsche 944, Black
SpartanAir is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-12-2013, 09:02 AM   #98

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanAir View Post
I've always believed this. For anyone who owns a bike and has their license, you notice how it's customary to nod or wave to other riders on the road? And they always nod back. And how scooter riders are completely fucking oblivious?

Now it could be because you're admiring the other guy's or girl's bike in passing...but mostly IMO it's because we are both acknowledging that we put the time and effort into training and passed a test that confirms we are both knowledgeable, respectful, skilled riders and members of the driving community.

Scooter drivers are completely oblivious to this because they just go down to the Vespa store, buy a bike and a helmet and they're off, with no training at all. They aren't aware that there are different road and safety rules and skills that apply, whether you have a 1000cc bike or a 50cc scooter. If you're doing 50 km/h on either cruising down the street, the engine size does not apply. You're still riding a 2-wheel motorized vehicle and interacting with other vehicles on the road.

Why does a small engine size negate this necessity???

Also, I'm sure because he's riding his little Vespa (or whatever) that he doesn't need REAL gear; he won't be going that fast, so he doesn't need a proper jacket, right??
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 02:09 PM   #99
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowjinboo View Post
operating a scooter is the easiest fucking thing in the world.

Some people just can't operate MACHINERY period.

The same idiots that have issues on scooters probably have ISSUES in cars.
Operating a scooter is not the problem. Knowing how to be a responsible rider is the issue. I learned a heck of a lot from my riding school as to how to be aware and make sure you're seen when out on the road.

If this is still in my sig, it's still avail.
falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 02:11 PM   #100
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
Same, I don't care if I'm sitting in the middle of an intersection for 30 seconds into the red, if the cars in the oncoming lame haven't come to a full stop, I ain't moving. I don't have a seatbelt or air bags, so it isn't worth the risk to assume someone will stop
Posted via RS Mobile
Same. I don't give a flying fuck if I'm driving a Rolls Royce Phantom or a Hummer H2. If I see an accordion bus or 18-wheel truck coming at me (or anything for that matter) I'm going to wait for them to pass because we all know how physics works (unfortunately, the guy on the scooter doesn't.) If it means waiting an extra 30 seconds and traffic honking at me, hey, at least I lived unscathed and didn't end up a human crayon.

Last edited by bcrdukes; 05-12-2013 at 02:20 PM.