REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-14-2013, 03:29 PM   #126
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.C View Post
Dude, it's a fucking bus, a B-Line one at that. Those things can't stop on a dime, geez.
Not to mention, if he does slam on the brakes, he's gonna end up with a few dozen people all laying on top of each other or with their foreheads marked up from the seat in front of them. The safety of NUMEROUS passengers trumps that of one idiot turning when he shouldn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
lmfao, everyone keeps making this thread about what the scooter guy SHOULD have done....Yes, it's obvious, any person with half a brain will tell you that you don't proceed until you know it's safe to do so....

I don't know why that keeps being said; that's not the question here.

The question at hand is this:

If the bus proceeded to enter the intersection after the light had already turned red (which we don't know yet), would the bus driver be deemed 'at fault' by ICBC?

THAT, my friends, is the question....Not "Is the scooter rider stupid?"...Yes, we already know that he is stupid, no need to bring that up again...
And that has already been answered: PROBABLY NOT. Even if the light was red, unless it's shown the driver sped up to beat a yellow or did something else douchey first, the bus driver probably wouldn't see more than 25% blame assessed.

UNDER THE LAW, THE LEFT TURNER MUST NOT PROCEED UNTIL IT'S SAFE TO DO SO.

/story
/thread
Advertisement
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-15-2013, 01:05 AM   #127
RS controls my life!

wouldn't have gotten hit if it was a cbr1000rra with a lil bit more oomph when accelerating !
Old 05-15-2013, 03:59 AM   #128
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
I just wished it was the scooter guy that cuts everyone off and drives recklessly inbetween cars... the one who posts his videos on youtube.. that guy pisses me off
Old 05-15-2013, 08:10 AM   #129
VAC Head Rotang Mod

Thanked 1,427 Times in 627 Posts
^i'm hoping he rides up next to me some day.. lol.. push him over XD

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Raid3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:56 PM   #130
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,776 Times in 444 Posts
Quote:
lmfao, everyone keeps making this thread about what the scooter guy SHOULD have done....Yes, it's obvious, any person with half a brain will tell you that you don't proceed until you know it's safe to do so....

If the bus proceeded to enter the intersection after the light had already turned red (which we don't know yet), would the bus driver be deemed 'at fault' by ICBC?

THAT, my friends, is the question....Not "Is the scooter rider stupid?"...Yes, we already know that he is stupid, no need to bring that up again...
Doesn't matter. He had the right-of-way, and a bus cannot stop on a dime.

http://www.e38registry.org/
Mr.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:05 PM   #131
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne_200 View Post
As others have pointed out, it does matter. Driving experience will not give you the same insight into how you should ride a motorcycle defensively. For example, I don't care how long you've been driving, but when you're approaching a green light and there's a car waiting to left turn in the oncoming traffic, would you stay closer to the curb(or P3 for riders) naturally because of your driving experience? I have not seen a single car that would do that(unless the oncoming car is over into the lane) but as a motorcyclist, I try to do that as much as possible for the just in case
When you say p3, do you mean moving to the right of your lane? What is the advantage of doing that?
noventa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:53 PM   #132
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,501 Times in 4,306 Posts
Assuming he is talking about a scenario where you are going through the intersection (straight ahead) the advantage is that by moving into lane position 3, you can see the driver/car from an angle (known as pi'ing the angle) and also give you even fractions of a second to react (i.e. move into the next lane over if/when safe) to avoid a collision. It also gives you a bit of buffer space between yourself and the car making the left turn.

If you stayed in lane position 1, you are much closer to the car turning left, leaving you less time to react and little to no buffer space to move out of the way in case you cannot see the car.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-15-2013, 10:55 PM   #133
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

You move to p3 so that the driver has a better angle to spot you as early as possible and it also gives you more time to react.
Posted via RS Mobile

Edit: oops dukes beat me to it
dn53 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-16-2013, 09:25 PM   #134
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Whatever DUkes and bn53 said and also just in case if the driver turning left takes the foot off the brakes a lil and inches the car forward into your lane anticipating a turn
Bring some RS people with you to help u GANG BANG the guy!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Selanne_200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:05 AM   #135
xxx

Quote:

Agreed (except for your earlier post about the bus driver being 100% at fault) This doesn't apply to everyone in this thread, but it's ridiculous how some people are quick to point out the law about how left turners must not proceed until it is safe, but completely ignore the law that prohibits entering the intersection on a red light. Then the argument shifts to what's "common sense" or "defensive driving" which has fuck all to do with what's written in the law or how blame is assessed in this scenario.

I also don't see the argument about a bus not being able to stop on dime being as clear cut as it sounds. Not saying the laws of physics don't apply, but I'm just not as quick to absolve the bus driver of any blame as quickly as some people here would. Just saying, because I've definitely seen buses purposely speed up to run a really late yellow which results in entering the intersection on a red.
Oleophobic is offline   Reply With Quote