REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 05-13-2013, 06:08 AM   #26
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
10/10 would read again.
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-13-2013, 10:35 AM   #27
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

I had the same problem with OpenRoad Toyota Richmond as well. No service at all. Went to OpenRoad Toyota in Port Coq 30 minutes before closing, and the sales person even went out for a test drive with me (even after I told him that most likely I won't buy the Venza).
BEEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:49 AM   #28
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Positive experience with Grandville Toyota
Purely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:58 AM   #29
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,379 Times in 478 Posts
same problem when i went into openroad toyota. Went in with my dad to look at the rav4 and no one even bother coming by to help us and it wasn't even busy. We waited about 30 minutes and then just left.

Went to regency toyota and the service there is much better.
lilaznviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:06 PM   #30
I don't get it

I also had a bad experience at OpenRoad Toyota. Waited over 20 mins to check out the fr-s. No one came to help us so we eventually left.
SeedBNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:20 PM   #31
RS controls my life!

Thanked 1,466 Times in 190 Posts
Went to OR Richmond a few times and never been customer serviced. OR Port Moody is way better, ended up purchasing my car there. Referred a few family member there as well.
Posted via RS Mobile
FRStan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:30 PM   #32
J.C
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,790 Times in 592 Posts
+1 went in with my dad to look and we weren't serviced at all, so i didn't bother trying the frs there
regency on the other hand...we were out on the road with the fr-s within 5minutes lol
J.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:43 PM   #33
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

fuck OR so bad I just felt I need to add that
Old 05-13-2013, 01:51 PM   #34
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

I bought my fr-s about 2 weeks ago from here, i did not request for anything but was given lock nuts, rear mud flaps, all weather mats along with carpet mats, a full tank of gas (may seem normal but i know from my dealership experience some of the above following are not always supplied.) and the best part before putting on the front license plate bracket and drilling into the bumper my sales man Pav gave the bracket and asked if id like it installed and ofcourse i choose to have it zap strapped onto the mesh for me to later one day buy the tow hook front plate bracket. David in finance also was quick with my approval had it sent in at 6:30am on monday morning heard back from him at 9am the same day. I had a great experience with them and look forward to doing my future services there.

also i had no issues with them letting me Test drive the frs, they encouraged me to give it hell i might add. And im pretty young. just saying.
Shugoy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-13-2013, 01:56 PM   #35
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shugoy View Post
I bought my fr-s about 2 weeks ago from here, i did not request for anything but was given lock nuts, rear mud flaps, all weather mats along with carpet mats, a full tank of gas (may seem normal but i know from my dealership experience some of the above following are not always supplied.) and the best part before putting on the front license plate bracket and drilling into the bumper my sales man Pav gave the bracket and asked if id like it installed and ofcourse i choose to have it zap strapped onto the mesh for me to later one day buy the tow hook front plate bracket. David in finance also was quick with my approval had it sent in at 6:30am on monday morning heard back from him at 9am the same day. I had a great experience with them and look forward to doing my future services there.

also i had no issues with them letting me Test drive the frs, they encouraged me to give it hell i might add. And im pretty young. just saying.
Just to let you know all the stuff you got comes standard and are not extras if they didn't give it to you they would be ripping you off
Old 05-13-2013, 02:02 PM   #36
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
Spoiler!

And I look forward to hearing more reviews once you get it serviced there. Make sure to get a dashcam to record how they do too.
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:34 PM   #37
YOU CANT CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS

Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,038 Posts
They tried to charge my girlfriend a "Clutch Fluid Change and Flush" on top of the ATF Service
She asked what it was for and they told her it's to make her car shift smoother and protect the shifting mechanism, the ATF they claimed was for lubricating the gears only.

Thank god she raised an eyebrow and gave me a call, else 200 dollars down the drain

her car is an automatic Matrix.
Old 05-13-2013, 04:45 PM   #38
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuro Ray View Post
They tried to charge my girlfriend a "Clutch Fluid Change and Flush" on top of the ATF Service
She asked what it was for and they told her it's to make her car shift smoother and protect the shifting mechanism, the ATF they claimed was for lubricating the gears only.

Thank god she raised an eyebrow and gave me a call, else 200 dollars down the drain

LOL their advisors can't even upsell properly. Sounds like that Jiffy Lube fluid flush scam ring in the States.
CorneringArtist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:39 PM   #39
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,426 Times in 482 Posts
Quote:

they might as well tell her that she needs to change and flush her "vtec fluid" haha
Fafine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:44 PM   #40
:: Sells McLarens, Not tofu :okay: ::

Thanked 11,815 Times in 3,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorneringArtist View Post
LOL their advisors can't even upsell properly. Sounds like that Jiffy Lube fluid flush scam ring in the States.
LOL reminded me of when I was working at mr lube back then...

a guy sold a rear diff service to a fwd ford escape!

13' Nissan DBA-R35 GT-R Black Ed - Black met. - "Sophia"

00' Acura 1.6EL - // Power of dreams Project - "Unity"

02' Nissan M35 Stagea - "Wynn"

91' Honda EF Civic CX - "Xander"

- The Drinker of Many Many Coffees @ McLaren Vancouver
tofu1413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:26 PM   #41
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2damax View Post
I went in to look at the frs and wanted a test drive this one salesman asked for my age then said no and told me to take a driving course from bmw on how to drive then continued to bash on me and saying how im going to wrap it around a pole etc and then he compared the car to higher end cars like the s4,m3 etc...

Not openroad toyota, but at openroad hyundai, I asked to test drive a genesis coupe, 2.0t. Gave him my licence, waited 10 minutes, and he came back saying that I was too young and they wouldn't let me test drive a sports car. This after I told them I wanted to trade in an audi s4. He then procedded to explain to me that the genesis coupe was a real sports car, not like my go kart. I'm 100% sure he had no idea what a s4 was when I told him I wanted to trade a car in, but how did he think it was a go-kart.
MY PENIS IS THE SIZE OF A CIGARETTE LIGHTER! jizzing on my keyboard is hard for me! imma be fucked for life, but fuck it I'm a BITCH!
hongy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-13-2013, 07:36 PM   #42
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts
Is it possible for you to go to another Toyota dealer? If it's a new car, i'd recommend that you visit Regency Toyota or Granville Toyota. Granville Toyota has been great so far since the Sienna...But the Sienna's rear bumper might be cursed
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-13-2013, 07:37 PM   #43
YOU CANT CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS

Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,038 Posts
Oh to add, I forgot about how they tried to rip my grandparents off when they bought their Corolla in 2009.

Before they went in to the dealership, they already knew what they wanted (they've been driving Corollas and Starlets for ages)

**Story comes from my grandpa, so I don't know how accurate it is
The salesperson kept harping on them getting an AWD Matrix or a Sienna, because Front wheel drive cars are absolutely hopeless in Snow and *drum roll...* unsafe in the rain. Now, my grandparents have already decided to get the trim level that has ABS, so apparently my grandpa asked the salesguy, oh I have ABS rain shouldn't be too much of a problem as long as tires are all good blah blah blah... and the sales guy tells him ABS doesn't help, it will only help you when you turn and brake and the same time (differential braking apparently).

Though...
Having called the guy's bullshit they eventually just bought the corolla they were looking for anyways at OP Toyota (didn't want to travel too far), but of course got a different sales rep which was actually quite decent (I went with them to do the math checking when they did the actual handshake)

Fun Fact: my grandpa used to work as a pit engineer in the Macau GP back in the mid 70s, then moving on to open his own VW Specialty Mechanic shop in Hong Kong after being trained in Germany for a year. TL;DR, he's been working on cars for the past 60+ years.
(his experience with VWs is why he hates European cars now lol... He says they work really great and drive really really nice, until they break)
Old 05-13-2013, 09:22 PM   #44
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Hi all,

I'm sorry to hear about you experiences at OpenRoad Toyota. As a person who works for them, its not the impression that we would like to make. Yes, it is true that our salesman/women do tend to not be all that friendly or helpful and I have experienced it myself. However, once you are able to speak to one, they are quite nice and helpful. If you need help finding one that suits your every need let me know.

One thing needs to change it the way management needs to preach all their salesman/women to acknowledge all customers and treating them the right way from start to finish because they are ultimately the ones responsible for customer retention and current and future sales. I do agree with all of you when a customer is walking around our showroom there should be at least a greeting of some sorts followed by if there is anything I can help you with? Something that is so simple can go a long way. I will forward your comments to our general sales manager so he has an idea how all of you feel.

I personally don't like to wait for someone to come to me to ask for help. A greeting yes or my name is ****, let me know if there is anything I can help you with. If I need help, I will ask for it. However, if I ask for it and nobody bothers to come up to help me even though I see you doing nothing, then thats all on them and I have the right to rag on your customer service.

Just my 2 cents,

Btw, I'm not a sales person

Last edited by rsx10; 05-16-2013 at 03:18 PM.
rsx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:25 PM   #45
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsx10 View Post
Text
You may want to edit out the "one thing [that] needs to change [is] the management..." part before you forward this to the MANAGEMENT...
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:29 PM   #46
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Haha, I was planning to take my comments out before I do anyways. Thanks for the heads up though.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-13-2013, 10:00 PM   #47
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,696 Times in 1,625 Posts
Quote:
Hi all,

I'm sorry to hear about you experiences at OpenRoad Toyota. As a person who works for them, its not the impression that we would like to make. Yes, it is true that our salesman/women do tend to not be all that friendly or helpful and I have experienced it myself. However, once you are able to speak to one, they are quite nice and helpful. If you need help finding one that suits your every need let me know.

One thing needs to change it the way management needs to preach all their salesman/women to acknowledge all customers and treating them the right way from start to finish because they are ultimately the ones responsible for customer retention and current and future sales. I do agree with all of you when a customer is walking around our showroom there should be at least a greeting of some sorts followed by if there is anything I can help you with? Something that is so simple can go a long way. I will forward your comments to our general sales manager so he has an idea how all of you feel.

I personally don't like to wait for someone to come to me to ask for help. A greeting yes or my name is ****, let me know if there is anything I can help you with. If I need help, I will ask for it. However, if I ask for it and nobody bothers to come up to help me even though I see you doing nothing, then thats all on them and I have the right to rag on your customer service.

Just my 2 cents,

Btw, I'm not a sales person
Good for you for having the balls to step up for the company you work for, but from the overall attitude of those in charge at OpenRoad, you'll probably get fired for bringing it up.

Last edited by inv4zn; 05-16-2013 at 06:10 PM. Reason: OP requested edit.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-13-2013, 10:05 PM   #48
Need my Daily Fix of RS

I don't think bringing up something this simple would get you fired. It more of a suggestion and if they want to do nothing and watch future sales go out the window, then that is up to them.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:28 PM   #49
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
Quote:
I don't think bringing up something this simple would get you fired. It more of a suggestion and if they want to do nothing and watch future sales go out the window, then that is up to them.
no,you're manager sounds like a fucking prick,he'll fire you x2.
Old 05-14-2013, 01:01 AM   #50
:: Sells McLarens, Not tofu :okay: ::

Thanked 11,815 Times in 3,329 Posts
Quote:
Oh to add, I forgot about how they tried to rip my grandparents off when they bought their Corolla in 2009.

Before they went in to the dealership, they already knew what they wanted (they've been driving Corollas and Starlets for ages)

**Story comes from my grandpa, so I don't know how accurate it is
The salesperson kept harping on them getting an AWD Matrix or a Sienna, because Front wheel drive cars are absolutely hopeless in Snow and *drum roll...* unsafe in the rain. Now, my grandparents have already decided to get the trim level that has ABS, so apparently my grandpa asked the salesguy, oh I have ABS rain shouldn't be too much of a problem as long as tires are all good blah blah blah... and the sales guy tells him ABS doesn't help, it will only help you when you turn and brake and the same time (differential braking apparently).

Though...
Having called the guy's bullshit they eventually just bought the corolla they were looking for anyways at OP Toyota (didn't want to travel too far), but of course got a different sales rep which was actually quite decent (I went with them to do the math checking when they did the actual handshake)

Fun Fact: my grandpa used to work as a pit engineer in the Macau GP back in the mid 70s, then moving on to open his own VW Specialty Mechanic shop in Hong Kong after being trained in Germany for a year. TL;DR, he's been working on cars for the past 60+ years.
(his experience with VWs is why he hates European cars now lol... He says they work really great and drive really really nice, until they break)

another reason why I would not BS/ upsell a customer: I would have no idea what they do/ have done before. Customer might have more knowledge than I do!

Just give the guy what he came in for..... unless he making a stupid choice, then you'd might suggest something else that makes more sense.

13' Nissan DBA-R35 GT-R Black Ed - Black met. - "Sophia"

00' Acura 1.6EL - // Power of dreams Project - "Unity"

02' Nissan M35 Stagea - "Wynn"

91' Honda EF Civic CX - "Xander"

- The Drinker of Many Many Coffees @ McLaren Vancouver
tofu1413 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: