REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 05-21-2013, 02:15 PM   #76
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,828 Times in 2,512 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothie. View Post
Bullshit asshole. Nobody likes the tuna here.
Posted via RS Mobile
lolwut
Advertisement

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:41 PM   #77
Survivor MOD

Thanked 1,623 Times in 577 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
lolwut
T4RAWR is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-21-2013, 03:47 PM   #78
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawr View Post
None actually. Not trying to promote these guys but I'm just giving my experience there.
Posted via RS Mobile
Does your name happen to be David by any chance...?
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-21-2013, 03:50 PM   #79
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,324 Times in 249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dared3vil0 View Post
Does your name happen to be David by any chance...?
Nope lol
Posted via RS Mobile
rawr is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-21-2013, 04:40 PM   #80
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
well a lot of u ppl here complain about no service, but my dad gets some what of another treatment at or toyota

now my dad is chinese & likes to wear braces instead of belts, he also like to wear khaki or pants around that gender as well a nice button shirt sometimes

now when every we service the 10yr old corolla he would like to check out the new models, every time they see my dad they would come up to him & just wont shut the fuck up

going on & on & on hoping hes going to buy a car from them because hes chinese & looks very clean cut with the button shirt, braces & slack-ish pants, AKA they think hes load

then the service department would try to rip him off because hes not here all the time so the car rarely gets drive, last time they try to charge my dad with bunch of things that was need because we did not service the car in over a year

seriously im not trying to shit these guys but they only give services to ppl that are A. chinese & B. looks clean cut/rich period

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:51 PM   #81
nma
#RVG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ae101 View Post
well a lot of u ppl here complain about no service, but my dad gets some what of another treatment at or toyota

now my dad is chinese & likes to wear braces instead of belts, he also like to wear khaki or pants around that gender as well a nice button shirt sometimes

now when every we service the 10yr old corolla he would like to check out the new models, every time they see my dad they would come up to him & just wont shut the fuck up

going on & on & on hoping hes going to buy a car from them because hes chinese & looks very clean cut with the button shirt, braces & slack-ish pants, AKA they think hes load

then the service department would try to rip him off because hes not here all the time so the car rarely gets drive, last time they try to charge my dad with bunch of things that was need because we did not service the car in over a year

seriously im not trying to shit these guys but they only give services to ppl that are A. chinese & B. looks clean cut/rich period

They are looking for rich chinese people in a TOYOTA dealership?? wat?

I'm sure there are some wealthy people that drive toyotas, but their cars are mostly aimed at the middle class.. lol

btw thanks for describing your dad's wardrobe
nma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:32 PM   #82

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
OR salesmen just looks at what ppl wear & how they look, which is byass

my dad is not a rich middle class but he looks like one & he always gets hassle by the salesmen there

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:47 PM   #83
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,700 Times in 1,626 Posts
Quote:

my dad is not a rich middle class but he looks like one & he always gets hassle by the salesmen there
That's precisely the problem.

If salespeople are going to be selective about whom they approach, and not only ignore but be downright rude to potential customers who may not appear as rich, then expect negative backlash from the public.

Go one step further and choose to ignore such negative comments and do absolutely nothing about it, and you've got yourself OpenRoad.

I went to Westwood Honda to get a recall TSB done for my car, and while I was waiting, wandering in the showroom, I was approached by 3 different salespeople and a manager asking if I was ok, to have some coffee, and one offered to take me for a test-drive for a 2013 accord, which i politely declined since I wasn't going to buy one anyway.

I left with my car fixed and a positive experience, and would probably return for a future vehicle purchase, and recommend to others in the area.

Apparently OpenRoad is doing well enough to blatantly choose whom they even say hello to and not - hopefully that doesn't last long.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-21-2013, 05:50 PM   #84
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Just wanted to add to the thread,

Every dealership I've been to, regardless of what manufacturer be it Toyota or Mercedes dealer, a salesperson was always ready to come and greet me and to ask if I needed any help. This was regardless of whether I was actually looking for a car (was shopping last summer) or just browsing. Walked into Mercedes with a friend just to look around and at the very least sales/reception came to greet us and asked if we needed anything. We just dress casually and honestly, we wouldn't even have the money for a Mercedes.

However every time I've stepped into Openroad Toyota Richmond, no one ever came up and I've had to go up to reception to ask for a salesperson. I was eventually helped by a courteous salesperson so that was a plus though. Just the car I was looking at was a bit disappointing.

Also there was this one occasion a couple years back, I went with my cousin to Openroad as he wanted to test drive the Venza (he was car shopping at the time). Asked reception to page a salesperson. Not one salesperson even responded or even offered for help. We were in the showroom for at least 30 minutes before we left. It was terrible.

However for a different experience not at Openroad but at Cowell VW, I went with my uncle to test drive the VW Jetta Diesel (test drove the Lexus CT200h with a courteous salesperson at Richmond the very same afternoon) as he was in the market. The salesperson we spoke to at Cowell, he literally said "Are you buying car today? No? Go away, don't waste my time." Anyone would be turned off from even considering to buy a car if they were turned away just because they weren't buying it the same day. Heck how can someone even considering buying a car if they haven't driven it?

It just comes to show that regardless of the dealer, there will always be those sales people that just don't give a crap. Generally, I believe that salespeople should approach and try to offer a positive sales experience, whether you're actually buying a vehicle or not. It just helps build the reputation for the brand and as a salesperson themselves that they care regardless. Unfortunately when there are salespeople like that out there, that just loaf around the dealer till they spot those people which "appear" to them that they are ready to buy a car on the same day, customer service seems to go downhill from there. Honestly it seems that is the general morale at Openroad Toyota Richmond, that the customer has to work hard to even find a salesperson to deal with let alone have a positive sales experience.
Timbits93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:03 PM   #85
:: Sells McLarens, Not tofu :okay: ::

Thanked 11,815 Times in 3,329 Posts
the amount of floor traffic they get is amazing...

totally way busier place than where im working... hell if i was working there, i could bet probably half of the deals I do in a month there would just be fresh floor traffic.

they have a good brand too: Toyota. Toyota buyers usually only shop between other Toyota dealers... simply give customer service and a deal they cant say no too, and im pretty sure a deal could be made.

13' Nissan DBA-R35 GT-R Black Ed - Black met. - "Sophia"

00' Acura 1.6EL - // Power of dreams Project - "Unity"

02' Nissan M35 Stagea - "Wynn"

91' Honda EF Civic CX - "Xander"

- The Drinker of Many Many Coffees @ McLaren Vancouver
tofu1413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:44 PM   #86

Quote:

This, I've never had a good experience at open road dealerships. I had just woken up, put on sweatpants, a t-shirt, and a hat and I had exceptional service at porsche, MB, and FMOV. A week later I go into OR audi, this time dressed much nicer, and they ignore me until I go find someone. This happens at every OR dealership I've been to.
MY PENIS IS THE SIZE OF A CIGARETTE LIGHTER! jizzing on my keyboard is hard for me! imma be fucked for life, but fuck it I'm a BITCH!
hongy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:46 PM   #87
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by hongy View Post
This, I've never had a good experience at open road dealerships. I had just woken up, put on sweatpants, a t-shirt, and a hat and I had exceptional service at porsche, MB, and FMOV. A week later I go into OR audi, this time dressed much nicer, and they ignore me until I go find someone. This happens at every OR dealership I've been to.
Totally agree, but....

The only good Open Road dealer IMO is Open Road Lexus. Every time I've went whether it was with friends or family, we always would be greeted and asked if we needed any help, even if we were just browsing.
teekaywok is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-21-2013, 09:49 PM   #88
Survivor MOD

Thanked 1,623 Times in 577 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teekaywok View Post
Totally agree, but....

The only good Open Road dealer IMO is Open Road Lexus. Every time I've went whether it was with friends or family, we always would be greeted and asked if we needed any help, even if we were just browsing.
went in to buy 2 cars in one go at lexus. didnt get any sort of service at all.
T4RAWR is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-21-2013, 10:18 PM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekaywok View Post
Totally agree, but....

OR Lexus The receptionist had to call a salesperson over 3 times before he actually walked out of his office to help me.
MY PENIS IS THE SIZE OF A CIGARETTE LIGHTER! jizzing on my keyboard is hard for me! imma be fucked for life, but fuck it I'm a BITCH!
hongy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:53 PM   #90
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Great thread as I'm in market for a sienna guess I won't waste my time on them even though they r the closest dealer

Last year me and my friend walked in and wanted to test drive a versa and same story no salesmen in site after multiple pages lol
Posted via RS Mobile
beatdownvictim is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-21-2013, 11:24 PM   #91

need toyotas and want awesome pricing? (yes there is such thing! pretty much fleet price)

I have a sales manager I deal with from a Toyota store that would gladly help anyone from here!

I would gladly help any of you guys looking for Toyotas!

Old 05-21-2013, 11:37 PM   #92
【=◈︿◈=】

Thanked 2,099 Times in 558 Posts
^ dat shameless plug

regardless, tofu to the rescue
- kT is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-21-2013, 11:45 PM   #93

well im a car guy first, car sales second

I like to save money and i like to look for good deals too!

Maybe its just me.. but I've noticed some of the older vets have very crappy customer service... before sale and after sale.. Iunno. Maybe I feel this way because im still relatively new to this game. Im also guessing its all down to attitude too..

Customer service is relatively important to me... I usually try to keep in touch with mine. I mean, have one happy customer, they refer their friends and family.. then customer base expands.

Hell, Ive sold a referral today.... and the person that referred today's customers didnt even buy a car from me! she was simply shopping before, I helped, served her how anyone should...

Old 05-22-2013, 06:54 AM   #94
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
The old boys at my dealership (yes a Toyota one) try to be as courteous as possible from the pre-delivery service I've had to do for them (ie. little trim stuff to fix, minor repairs), and they seem to show enthusiasm and approach customers on the floor. But I also notice that they work a lot off of appointments and I do sometimes see them on the computer when customers are wandering around. I'd love to walk into OR Toyota for the lols, and see what happens when I want to ask for a FR-S test drive with my tech's shirt on.

Oh, and slightly OT, French-built Yaris' are inbound. I wonder if they'll burn to the ground like a Renault , and it also confirms my suspicion of the elongated area on the front bumper for EU license plates.
CorneringArtist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 03:46 PM   #95
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

So I found a vehicle I want and it is at Openroad Toyota Richmond. About to call my buddy to go test drive tomorrow but instead check out Revscene. No point in calling my buddy. All sorts of fail at this dealership!

And the search for a vehicle not at ORToyota continues....
B!tch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 04:03 PM   #96
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
What are you looking for?

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 04:20 PM   #97
I don't get it

wow, if i may add. my uncle had a bad exprience with OR richmond as well. ended up buying one from Granville Toyota
evlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 05:21 PM   #98
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

I tried to keep an open mind but WOW...just wow. I don't know how Open Road Toyota stays in business with their obvious lack of customer service.

I finally went test driving today. I can't make up my mind what I want so I had list of three vehicles.

First dealership was great. Friendly, informative and gave me some prices as they didn't have the exact one I wanted but gave me some options to think about.

Second dealership was FABULOUS! Loved the salesman! However didn't like the vehicle.

Third dealership...salesman was weak but liked the vehicle.

Since we were in at the Richmond Automall and Open Road Toyota has a vehicle I want my friend said lets just go. Just because you read that they had bad services doesn't mean it will be for you.

We walk on the lot and there are 3 salesmen standing next to what I want. My buddy jokes that I don't have to worry about getting help because the three of them will be tripping over each other.

No greeting but we walk up and look inside and read the dets to make sure it is the one I like. Turn around and the three are gone. There are two sales guys helping other customers, one wandering at the other end and one talking with people by the door.

We wait. We look around. Sales guy comes out, turns around goes back in. Wandering sales guy, still wandering with his hands behind his back strolling through the lot.

We are there about 20 - 25 minutes.

I go inside to see if anyone available. Tubby and chubby are standing leaning on a show room car.

I go to receptionist....she is one the phone talking to someone about moving a car. phone rings she answers. then she calls the guy she was just talking to. phone rings and she tells the person no sales people are available. I look at tubby and chubby and they are still resting on the car.

I go outside and say loud enough for the guy still chatting that if we didn't get service outside why would we get service inside.

Look at the vehicle again....two sales guys walk past chatting

45 minutes...no help...no sale

I have been watching too much Breaking Bad......Open Road Toyota must be a front for something else. How do they stay in business when they turned down a sure thing sale?

We weren't the only people walking off wondering about service at ORT.
B!tch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 01:21 AM   #99
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

I want to pull a trigger on their new corolla S, has anyone been here lately? has their customer service changed or got worse than before?

how is regency Toyota's service compared to Openroad Toyota?
tru_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-29-2014, 02:48 AM   #100
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,399 Times in 396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tru_blue View Post
I want to pull a trigger on their new corolla S, has anyone been here lately? has their customer service changed or got worse than before?
Worse. Stay away. There's much better dealerships in town...give Regency + Destination a try.
v_tec is offline   Reply With Quote