REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 05-14-2013, 09:28 PM   #51
I don't get it

i just went there today! i wanted to look at getting a 2nd car for me/sis to drive. theres a white frs in the showroom. i was sitting in the drivers seat and looking around. then i approached a salesman trying to ask about scion10 series and cost. before i finished my question, he said "go to reception". and takes off to go home. too much stereotyping (but im not in too much love with frs, just trying to convince myself to love it)

i wasnt trying to waste his time.

but i would say their service department is better than their sales. i went for maintenance service + mount/balance tires on my 06 corolla xrs. only took 2 hrs. but no details. just gave them the key and thats it. at least one of the girls told me the % of the tires, brakes...etc...the usual.
Advertisement
a00755836 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:53 PM   #52
I STILL don't get it

Not OpenRoad Toyota, I got my Audi at OpenRoad Vancouver. Same bad service, was there ready to buy A3 but they are there just waiting for mainlanders to buy s6 and A8.
Sometime FOB looking is good.
BABU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:24 PM   #53
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
It's 10 years ago so maybe not relevant anymore, but I still laugh when I remember in 2003 my Dad and my sister were both buying cars at the same time (Toyota Highlander and Toyota Corolla) they had already made up their minds and we were in Richmond Toyota... trying to get a salesperson to help us... nobody would... receptionist paged for a salesperson... nothing... she rolled her eyes and then she paged "Mandarin speaking salesperson to the front desk please" and this fat asian guy ran out there so fast I thought he was going to have a heart attack... you should have seen his face fall when he saw a bunch of white people standing there.

In retrospect, should have punished them for being prejudiced and walked... but he was pretty helpful in the end.
His name is Frank Wong right? I went there 2 weeks ago and he gave me shit service. I came back a few days ago and this Danny Chau guy with glasses also acted as if I was wasting his time and walked away.

Seriously these old guys probably think they are in the business for so long and act all hot shot, the management needs to do something about these old salesman.

I left openroad Toyota due to the experience with Frank and Danny and bought the car at Regency where I got a better price and service.

Last edited by tru_blue; 05-15-2013 at 03:56 PM.
tru_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:10 PM   #54
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
Well they work mainly on commission, so from a company standpoint there is no harm to get more warm bodies to man a large dealership. I do notice a large number of them are semi new immigrants themselves. They are very easy to spot just from first 10 secs to the hand shake, they don't know much about Canadian life. Sometimes I wonder if they are in that career because selling cars is the easiest job they can get to spend their time, vs other kind of jobs that don't require qualifications. They are probably still there, because they are serving a segment of OR's clientele? just not you?

I would assume young and hip people rather work for BMW or Mini etc. Just walking into Mini Yaletown the energy level is really different vs the ones in automalls.

It might sound crass, if you are uncomfortable with the salesperson AND you know there are more than one dealership that sell the same product, why not just get up and walk away? Being polite doesn't mean you have to suffer through uncomfortable sales routine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru..azn View Post
Seriously these old guys probably think they are in the business for so long and act all hot shot, the management needs to do something about these old salesman.

Last edited by godwin; 05-15-2013 at 04:19 PM.
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:25 AM   #55
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Carter Honda I think had a hot chick sales lady, good thing I was dealing with some old prick and not her otherwise I'd been leaving with an S2000 that pops out of gear and a ridgeline or some shit
Posted via RS Mobile
?uestlove is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-17-2013, 02:13 PM   #56
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Who wanna send this thread to Openroad Toyota management team for review?
BEEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:22 PM   #57
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEB View Post
Like they care. I posted up a negative review on their own site and it was removed.

If anything I can see them will pay to sponsership here and ask SG! to remove all the negative comments before actually doing something about their how they treat their customers
Old 05-17-2013, 02:30 PM   #58
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
Let's try it. I'm formulating an email as we speak. Let me know if i should/shouldn't send them this thread as a "heads up" something needs to change etc.
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:01 PM   #59
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

Their service sucks! snobby sales rep at the dealer..........
axela188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:34 AM   #60
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEB View Post
I agree with this. We should let them know about Frank Wong and Danny Chau. Apparently, my uncle and his friend received bad customer service from Danny a while ago too. They were going to buy both cars (Sienna limited and Highlander) from Openroad but ended up leaving and bought them from Jim Pattison on that same day.

They said they never experienced such rude/bad customer service from a sales rep before and Danny Chau was acting as if my uncle and his friend were not "buyers" etc

So these old salesman don't just judge and evaluate us young adults but mature adults also and I think their management needs to teach these old salesman a lesson or at least get them to retake a sales course etc

Last edited by tru_blue; 05-19-2013 at 12:42 AM.
tru_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-19-2013, 09:24 AM   #61
I STILL don't get it

Managers at OpenRoad won't care IMO. They got to that postion and just let those sales run the company, so they can chat on the phone and go home early Friday. Rub my back I rub your back. If they are smart enough, managers at OpenRoad will notice long ago and educate them.
BABU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:17 PM   #62
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Hello everyone,

My name is Barry Chyzowski & I am the General Manager of OpenRoad Toyota. I was just recently made aware of this post. I will admit I do not follow this website or blog, but obviously it would be a good idea moving forward.

Although I am disappointed to read the comments posted here, I know we do not always meet our customer's expectations. We do strive to look after every customer or potential customer as best as possible, and provide a better experience when shopping or servicing a vehicle. We take all our customer's feedback seriously and will try to continuously improve our dealership based on what our customers say.

Therefore, I would like to invite any of you to feel free to contact me either by email or telephone at any time to let me know your concerns or comments. I will always have time to discuss these issues with our customers directly. However, I don't feel it is appropriate to communicte with customers through an open forum, although I will now keep up to date on this website.

My email address is barry.chyzowski@openroadtoyota.com or you can reach me directly at 604.232.5333 at OpenRoad Toyota.

I look forward to hearing from some of you in the coming days.

Thanks

Barry Chyzowski
General Manager
OpenRoad Toyota
BChyzowski is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-20-2013, 09:29 PM   #63
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

the parts guys there are awesome!!
[22-02, 21:43] ?uestlove i personally find it very attractive when women have stinky farts.
?uestlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:32 PM   #64
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
^
Damage control: Activated.
Revamping company policy? Doubtful
Single fuck given? Probably not.
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-20-2013, 09:35 PM   #65
PRINCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BChyzowski View Post
Hello everyone,

My name is Barry Chyzowski & I am the General Manager of OpenRoad Toyota. I was just recently made aware of this post. I will admit I do not follow this website or blog, but obviously it would be a good idea moving forward.

Although I am disappointed to read the comments posted here, I know we do not always meet our customer's expectations. We do strive to look after every customer or potential customer as best as possible, and provide a better experience when shopping or servicing a vehicle. We take all our customer's feedback seriously and will try to continuously improve our dealership based on what our customers say.

Therefore, I would like to invite any of you to feel free to contact me either by email or telephone at any time to let me know your concerns or comments. I will always have time to discuss these issues with our customers directly. However, I don't feel it is appropriate to communicte with customers through an open forum, although I will now keep up to date on this website.

My email address is barry.chyzowski@openroadtoyota.com or you can reach me directly at 604.232.5333 at OpenRoad Toyota.

Thanks

Barry Chyzowski
General Manager
OpenRoad Toyota
LOL Thanks a lot for promising me new windshield and ignoring my calls asshole oh right then you left to Toyota
Fuck open road

Edit: long story short Barry used to be at ClosedRoad Hyundai
and he promised me new windshield because I found out they sold me a fucking patched up windshield and then sales manager accused me of lying so I started crying at the dealership making a scene, then Barry said he'd get me new windshield But he straight up ignored me when HE said he'd call me in 2 weeks. I gave up after 3 months. Don't bother with his fucking fake ass apologies. Now he's At ClosedRoad Toyota

Last edited by MeowMeow; 05-20-2013 at 10:34 PM.
MeowMeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:42 PM   #66
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowMeow View Post
LOL Thanks a lot for promising me new windshield and ignoring my calls asshole oh right then you left to Toyota
Fuck open road
oh please tell us moarrrrr

{{Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive but what they conceal is vital }}
Gtrr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:03 PM   #67
:: Sells McLarens, Not tofu :okay: ::

Thanked 11,815 Times in 3,329 Posts
ooo.. this thing all over again... i remember meowmeow complaining abt this when she first joined rs....
Posted via RS Mobile
tofu1413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:06 PM   #68
PRINCESS

I still whine about it now and then hahahahaha
MeowMeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:15 PM   #69
J.C
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,790 Times in 592 Posts
Quote:
Fuck open road

J.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:24 PM   #70
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,818 Times in 2,505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BChyzowski View Post
Hello everyone,

My name is Barry Chyzowski & I am the General Manager of OpenRoad Toyota.

Thanks

Barry Chyzowski
General Manager
OpenRoad Toyota
Quote:
Fuck open road

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:39 AM   #71
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dared3vil0 View Post
^
Damage control: Activated.
Revamping company policy? Doubtful
Single fuck given? Probably not.
Damage Control.

[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-21-2013, 11:58 AM   #72
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,324 Times in 249 Posts
I had a great experience there. Bought a vehicle there 4 months ago in December.
When I first walked into the dealership, the girl at the reception asked me right away if I needed help with anything. I told her I was just browsing.

I sat in the FRS at the showroom, and this gentleman came up and asked how I liked the car. He asked if I would like a test drive. Now, I was with a couple friends who were in our early 20s,and this guy trusts us to go out in the frs alone. We were obviously very surprised. Took it out for a drive and came back 30 minutes later. Sat down, crunched some numbers and told us to think about it.

A week later, I called up the guy and he still remembers my name. Signed all the paperwork a day later. He told me the car would arrive in 2 weeks. I was skeptical as I have seen forum members saying OR promised a delivery date but failed to do so. To my surprise, the car actually came right on schedule.

All in all, I had a fantastic experience with the sales person. His name was mohammed, one of the sales managers there. Very easy to work with, very friendly and actually very knowledgeable with cars (not your average car salesman!).

The finance manager there was very nice as well. David was his name. Got me approved the day right after.
Posted via RS Mobile
rawr is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-21-2013, 12:16 PM   #73
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
^ So how much did Barry pay you to write this
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:02 PM   #74
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,324 Times in 249 Posts
None actually. Not trying to promote these guys but I'm just giving my experience there.
Posted via RS Mobile
rawr is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-21-2013, 02:06 PM   #75
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
Bullshit asshole. Nobody likes the tuna here.
Posted via RS Mobile
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: