REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-28-2013, 04:37 AM   #26
YOU CANT CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS

Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,038 Posts
just yesterday I saw a kid, assisted by his mother taking a piss in the pool.
Now, I'm not talking about the ninja sitting in the pool taking a piss type behavior, but standing at the edge of the pool, dick hanging out taking a piss.

That is both stupid and disgusting because
A) if you really need to take a piss in the pool, at least be smart about it and sit in the pool
B) it's just gross that you're pissing in a pool and then have someone swim right thru it
Advertisement
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-28-2013, 05:49 AM   #27
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
I would have been so tempted to boot that mom into the pool
Posted via RS Mobile
FerrariEnzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:47 AM   #28
Zionism gets my shell hard and slimy

Thanked 6,021 Times in 1,129 Posts
pull it out and piss on them?
snails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:14 AM   #29
Survivor MOD

Thanked 1,615 Times in 574 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuro Ray View Post
Now, I'm not talking about the ninja sitting in the pool taking a piss type behavior, but standing at the edge of the pool, dick hanging out taking a piss.

A) if you really need to take a piss in the pool, at least be smart about it and sit in the pool
B) it's just gross that you're pissing in a pool and then have someone swim right thru it
T4RAWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:37 AM   #30
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,046 Times in 1,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuro Ray View Post

WTF the pool is not for pissing!
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:10 AM   #31
Survivor MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
WTF the pool is not for pissing!
don't lie to yourself, everyone pees in the pool

Old 05-28-2013, 09:51 AM   #32
I don't get it

Remember when Adam Sandler movies used to be funny?

Also, ELI5: Why do Chinese tourists have no manners? Is it because they went from poor farmers/re-educated intellectuals to newly rich within the span of 35 years? Does it have something to do with the Cultural Revolution?
BurnoutBinLaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:03 AM   #33
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
It has more to do with the fact that this is the first generation of chinese that can be tourists(on a larger scale)

So things that work at home(apparently a lot to do with the fecal content of public areas) get exported to other areas where its not acceptable. I think a lot of things can be affected when you grow up in a country with 1 billion people...a lot that I, and others may not understand.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-28-2013, 10:10 AM   #34
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlock View Post
It has more to do with the fact that this is the first generation of chinese that can be tourists(on a larger scale)

So things that work at home(apparently a lot to do with the fecal content of public areas) get exported to other areas where its not acceptable. I think a lot of things can be affected when you grow up in a country with 1 billion people...a lot that I, and others may not understand.
what confuses me the most is that its actually acceptable to piss and shit in public and people get away with it and seemingly don't care about it.

I may not understand it nor ever will, but come on...if a kid cant hold a piss or shit in for 2 minutes till the parents find a restroom, the kid should probably still be in diapers. they can walk into any store and use a bathroom, and if not, at least attempt to hide the kid in a back alley way behind a dumpster or something while he shits/pisses on the ground. nobody wants to see that shit.
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:10 AM   #35
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,221 Times in 1,387 Posts
I remember when I was in Lansdowne last year and witnessed a mum pick up her child to take a piss into a garbage can. My jaw pretty much dropped to the floor. Didn't take a picture, but there was an image of the scene circulating online some time ago of this incident.

[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:12 AM   #36
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
what confuses me the most is that its actually acceptable to piss and shit in public and people get away with it and seemingly don't care about it.

I may not understand it nor ever will, but come on...if a kid cant hold a piss or shit in for 2 minutes till the parents find a restroom, the kid should probably still be in diapers. they can walk into any store and use a bathroom, and if not, at least attempt to hide the kid in a back alley way behind a dumpster or something while he shits/pisses on the ground. nobody wants to see that shit.
Diapers require a sustained maintenance in terms of money (disposable) or time, effort and home care (cloth). While we think of Diapers as "something obvious and a necessity", I'm pretty sure that for most people in third world countries there are more pressing uses for their money. Like food. And a roof.

While the tourists may not be in that income bracket, they do come from that culture of Diapers not being a thing.
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:31 AM   #37
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:

...but if your hometown is dirty and not a tourist location, then your mindset is, why should I go running around looking for a bathroom(which in some country towns may literally be a hole in the ground) when no one else does?

So, they drop trou.

People do it here too. Let's not be all high and mighty.

I had to wash homeless bum poo out of my back parking lot. Off the wall too, so thumbs up to creativity.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-28-2013, 11:37 AM   #38
Survivor MOD

Quote:

as far as my understanding of the situation goes, until recently most of these people lived on farms in mainland china, where one could effectively, take a shit or piss wherever they pleased.

if you look at people from HK, or Japan, Korea or Taiwan, they generally dont shit or piss in public.

I think after a generation or two there will be a culture shift and you'll probably see less of it.
Old 05-28-2013, 12:03 PM   #39
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,760 Times in 902 Posts
I remember going to Beijing 2 years ago and witnessed a kid taking a shit inside the Forbidden City.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-28-2013, 12:10 PM   #40
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Quote:
...but if your hometown is dirty and not a tourist location, then your mindset is, why should I go running around looking for a bathroom(which in some country towns may literally be a hole in the ground) when no one else does?

So, they drop trou.

I had to wash homeless bum poo out of my back parking lot. Off the wall too, so thumbs up to creativity.

I come from a place literally called "Fanny Bay". Its a figurative shithole yet when I traveled to Prague I didn't have an impulse to fire out a deuce at Tyn Church. Just because I grew up in a trailer doesn't mean I need to act like it.

These folks with their new money have no excuse.
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:14 PM   #41
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,478 Times in 1,679 Posts
The interesting dynamic is in Hong Kong where many local residents hate the Chinese, the "Mainlanders" from mainland China. I've seen the Mainlanders do terrible things in public such as the peeing in public, spitting everywhere.

It's more than just embarassment by China against its own tourists. It's downright hatred from some Hong Kongers against the "Mainlanders" because of their inappropriate behaviour.

You gotta be quick on your feet to avoid the people spitting on your shoes.
Old 05-28-2013, 01:01 PM   #42
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:

So, they drop trou.

I can understand the fact that some people live in little farming towns that a tourist would avoid. digging a hole and burying it is fine by me so long as I don't have to witness it. when I go camping I don't just walk to the edge of the camp site and squat one out. if theres no porta pottys around (which usually there isn't cause I rarely go to actual camping grounds) then i'll walk a good 100 feet into the woods, dig a hole, and bury. just because no one else does, doesn't mean i should.

im not trying to be high and mighty. but when im out with my gf for our almost daily walk along the water at the parks, and we look left and see some kid taking a dump when theres literally 100's of people around. its quite disturbing, makes me wish there was a park ranger there.

hows that saying go..."you can take the trash outta the trailer, but you cant take the trailer out of the trash"?

if im at my house, i'll scratch my balls, fart, burp, and be a slob all i want with the mindset of "my house my rules", but if i go out to someone elses house or in public, i have the utmost respect for them/other people.
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 01:39 PM   #43
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
Thousands of years ago China was the worlds most advanced and civilized empire, at a time when Europe was a collection of barbarian tribes living in huts the Chinese empire was living a life basically a thousand years ahead of its time....

So where the hell did that national discipline go.... I'm a major history nerd and my conclusion is they just gave up and said FCK it, after the Mongols overran them lol
Posted via RS Mobile
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 01:41 PM   #44
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

The Great Wall of China has tons of vandalism as well. http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english...ent_492003.htm This is an older article circa 2005 however, when I visited the wall in 2000, the damage was already there. A quick google image search for "great wall of china graffiti" will bring up some examples. Note the vandalism is not only from Chinese people, but as well as non-chinese as well.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:55 PM   #45
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,785 Times in 3,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
Thousands of years ago China was the worlds most advanced and civilized empire, at a time when Europe was a collection of barbarian tribes living in huts the Chinese empire was living a life basically a thousand years ahead of its time....

So where the hell did that national discipline go.... I'm a major history nerd and my conclusion is they just gave up and said FCK it, after the Mongols overran them lol
Posted via RS Mobile
When you have thousands of years of history and 1+ billion population...it's hard to dig yourself outta a clusterfuck society. Look at India. The Greeks were a powerhouse ages ago...look at their economy now. And what's left of the Roman empire?

Quote:

because in China some washrooms are so dirty that many are willing to shit on the streets instead.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-28-2013, 08:02 PM   #46
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
When you have thousands of years of history and 1+ billion population...it's hard to dig yourself outta a clusterfuck society. Look at India. The Greeks were a powerhouse ages ago...look at their economy now. And what's left of the Roman empire?

because in China some washrooms are so dirty that many are willing to shit on the streets instead.
This. Nothing gold can stay. As humans we are doomed to repeat history whether we want to or not. Life is a sorta like a sinusoidal curve.
Kidnapman is offline   Reply With Quote