REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-31-2013, 02:19 PM   #1
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

**STOLEN FIREARMS**

Recently (yesterday) my friend got two of his rifles stolen from his house (lower mainland, bc). His wife's jewelery and his wedding ring were also among the items that were stolen. He has reported it to the police, but it would be helpful to have extra eyes looking for these two firearms. I will update this thread when I get more info. For now:

Ruger 10/22 takedown serial# 82141590 The scope was sun optics 3-9x40. Other than that it was stock (black, synthetic)

Thanks!
Advertisement
Nechako87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 02:21 PM   #2
Zionism gets my shell hard and slimy

Thanked 6,021 Times in 1,129 Posts
damn Zionists!

but for srs... stolen guns.. not cool
snails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 02:27 PM   #3
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,577 Times in 4,294 Posts
that's why you should always have a gun safe for all your weapons. If you don't have one Costco always has them for a decent price.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-31-2013, 02:35 PM   #4
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Check canadiangunnutz.com in the for sale section, see if anything pops up?

I doubt he'd be able to sell them to a gun store...most he can do is sell it online or to some shady wannabe g thug...even then he'll need a license to buy the ammunition...
Posted via RS Mobile
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 05:35 PM   #5
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts

Please tell me they were locked up and the thieves had to break into said safe in order to take em...
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-31-2013, 05:39 PM   #6
Survivor MOD

Thanked 1,615 Times in 574 Posts
will keep an eye out
T4RAWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 05:51 PM   #7
Survivor MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
that's why you should always have a gun safe for all your weapons. If you don't have one Costco always has them for a decent price.
gun safes are only at select costco locations. i've only seen them at the cloverdale/south surrey costco, never in richmond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post

Please tell me they were locked up and the thieves had to break into said safe in order to take em...
sometimes people buy the cheaper and more readily available stack on gun safes from canadian tire. they're pretty flimsy and easy to break into.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-31-2013, 06:25 PM   #8
Need to Seek Professional Help

You can easily bypass any safe with a little bit of training.
Old 05-31-2013, 07:50 PM   #9
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Oh shit, forgot to tell you. Tweeted this in the morning. I hope you get your stuff back
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:36 PM   #10
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

You have the ruger listed what is the other rifle?
Posted via RS Mobile
ynot-llat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 11:54 AM   #11
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,502 Posts
gun "safes" are usually crummy plastic boxes with a lock on it. you can easily just jack the whole "safe" or pry open the box and avoid the lock lol.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 01:25 PM   #12
Survivor MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
gun "safes" are usually crummy plastic boxes with a lock on it. you can easily just jack the whole "safe" or pry open the box and avoid the lock lol.
there are some well made steel safes by companies like sentry which are quite nice, the only issue is that these safes often cost alot of money. sometimes the cost of a safe is the cost of a nice rifle or shotgun so it becomes hard to decide what to buy at the start.

i store my guns trigger locked and the bolt removed and stored separately. magazines removed and stored separately as well if possible. for long term storage i'll usually disassemble the entire bolt and give everything a nice coating of g96 or ballistol.

if they do "crack" the safe they'll be hard pressed to sell guns with missing firing pins, magazines and bolts.

a good safe is important to have but it might also be a good idea to remove the bolts for storage (although i know alot of gun owners will disagree with me on this).

Old 06-01-2013, 09:06 PM   #13
I don't get it

i thought guns were banned in canada, wtf
Stormspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 09:12 PM   #14
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,307 Times in 1,775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormspirit View Post

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 09:53 PM   #15
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4RAWR View Post
i store my guns trigger locked and the bolt removed and stored separately. magazines removed and stored separately as well if possible. for long term storage i'll usually disassemble the entire bolt and give everything a nice coating of g96 or ballistol.
I do pretty much the same thing. My rifles are in my safe with trigger locks on each one, and the bolts removed and stored separately. I do keep my magazines and ammo stored in the safe though.
EuterVanWasser is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-01-2013, 10:14 PM   #16
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormspirit View Post
well no one can just buy a gun in canada, u need a firearm license first
Recon604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:21 AM   #17
2 Wheel'd Mod

I hope you get them back. If your looking for a gun case, costco has some nice ones sometimes.
/)__)
-"--"-

http://www.revscene.net/forums/showt...hreadid=417820
!oHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:41 AM   #18
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
gun safes are only at select costco locations. i've only seen them at the cloverdale/south surrey costco, never in richmond
Burnaby locations have them and for a great price. Not the thin tin type like the ones seen at Cambodian Tire either, these are pretty solid units.
604STIG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-03-2013, 01:41 PM   #19
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,502 Posts
Quote:
sometimes the cost of a safe is the cost of a nice rifle or shotgun so it becomes hard to decide what to buy at the start.
i duno man. i think that's an easy choice....

Im willing to bet like... 95%+ of the people out there would rather have a gun that is "improperly" stored, vs an expensive safe, with no guns.

the risk is worth it. chances are nothing will happen.

i dont know anyone that bought a safe first. The only people that i know have safes are ppl that have collected enough guns that its easier just to put the all in one safe, than individual crappy "boxes"
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:40 PM   #20
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,357 Times in 3,446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by !oHenry View Post
I hope you get them back. If your looking for a gun case, costco has some nice ones sometimes.
Costco.ca also has them.
Old 06-03-2013, 04:04 PM   #21
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
for the purpose of informing this thread, firearms do not need to be store in a safe and probably 98% of firearms are not stored in a safe.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:33 PM   #22
Survivor MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
i duno man. i think that's an easy choice....

Im willing to bet like... 95%+ of the people out there would rather have a gun that is "improperly" stored, vs an expensive safe, with no guns.

the risk is worth it. chances are nothing will happen.

i dont know anyone that bought a safe first. The only people that i know have safes are ppl that have collected enough guns that its easier just to put the all in one safe, than individual crappy "boxes"
Yep, i know. When the cost of a safe can get you an 870 or a 590 or a nice .30-30 marlin its hard to justify buying a safe especially when you're starting out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
for the purpose of informing this thread, firearms do not need to be store in a safe and probably 98% of firearms are not stored in a safe.
to clarify, you do not need a safe for storing NON-restricted firearms. for a non-restricted firearm being stored in your home the only requirement is that the firearm be made inoperable (i.e. so it cant shoot). this can be achieved using a trigger lock, cable lock through the action or simply removing the bolt.

with restricted firearms it is required that a locking device be placed on the firearm (trigger or cable) AND be locked in a locking cabinet, container or in a room that is difficult to break into.

Alternatively, you can store restricted firearms in a vault, safe or room that is specifically made to store firearms.

here is the link to the RCMP fact sheet on firearms: http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/f...posage-eng.htm (for those of you who don't have guns yet and are interested in getting them)
This post thanked by:
Old 06-03-2013, 05:39 PM   #23
HELP ME PLS!!!

^ At least, if it was properly stored, it would have a trigger lock on it.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:52 PM   #24
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,239 Times in 5,600 Posts
None of those things are any upsides in thefts lol

You can keep handguns fully assembled with a trigger lock in a locked hand held box. You could steal the box and have the gun operable in 5 minutes with some tools. All the storage laws etc are essentially to keep the home it's being stored in safe not to prevent theft
Posted via RS Mobile
Hondaracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:07 PM   #25
Survivor MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonChi View Post
^ At least, if it was properly stored, it would have a trigger lock on it.
im guessing OP's friend atleast had a trigger lock on the rifle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
None of those things are any upsides in thefts lol

You can keep handguns fully assembled with a trigger lock in a locked hand held box. You could steal the box and have the gun operable in 5 minutes with some tools. All the storage laws etc are essentially to keep the home it's being stored in safe not to prevent theft
Posted via RS Mobile
nothing will prevent theft really unless you have a vault bolted to the floor that had the house built around it. or one so well built and heavy that it would take thieves hours to break into or not be able to move due to the shear weight.

safes, trigger locks and what not do act as deterrents though. nothing will ever prevent gun theft but as responsible gun owners we should do as much as we reasonably can to prevent thefts from occurring.