REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Richmond Acura Service Experience (https://www.revscene.net/forums/685012-richmond-acura-service-experience.html)

Kidnapman 06-14-2013 08:20 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hey everyone, it's been awhile. So the body shop decided that the car was a single vehicle accident. Looks like we will have to fix up the car through a private body shop then. Sorta saw it coming though. I hope everyone reading this thread besides me have learned a valuable lesson as to the importance of covering your ass when you bring your car to a stealership to service. Thought I'd post up some pictures of the damage. And to end this thread, a big fuck you to Richmond Acura for their unethical work. To everyone reading this thread, please make sure to warn people of dealers such as this one and Richmond Subaru. These guys are the reason Richmond dealers have earned such a bad reputation.

Pictures of the fender and corner bumper:

Not really racist! 06-14-2013 08:25 PM

What a surprise..... there's been a couple hate threads on Richmond Acura IIRC in the past about their shitty service and bad business tactics

VR6GTI 06-14-2013 08:27 PM

Judging by the pictures most of that damage should wet sand and polish out. Take it to a shop and see what they say it might end up costing you nothing and look a lot better
Posted via RS Mobile

Kidnapman 06-14-2013 08:27 PM

Really?? Only ones I could dig up were Richmond Subaru. Hmm well guess I'm never going to a richmond dealer ever again.

Edit: VR6GTI: thanks for the advice, I'll give it a try. It might be the picture but some parts of it you can actually see the bare sheet metal.

BrRsn 06-14-2013 08:29 PM

Should change the thread topic lol

Kidnapman 06-14-2013 08:32 PM

Yeap, request from mod already.

Recon604 06-14-2013 09:08 PM

so are you paying the deductible?

Kidnapman 06-14-2013 09:10 PM

No, the damage has been determined to be a single vehicle accident hence deductible does not cover it. Only hit and run is covered by deductible. Sucks but that's life, live and learn. Will be sure to always take pictures of every panel possible before handing the keys over at a dealership.

BrRsn 06-14-2013 09:14 PM

^ That is fucking ridiculous

Should call CTV on your side and create a big fuss. I'd be livid if I was you .. and I'm assuming your car is new because you're still going to the stealership

Kidnapman 06-14-2013 09:22 PM

Yeap that's correct. Although the car isn't mine, (my mom's) I'm still quite upset; I'd probably be even more outraged if it were my own. Never have I nor my family ever experienced such shitty service from a dealership. I can only wish for some more publicity for this whole situation, but that'd be wishful thinking. There isn't much evidence on my side, so the only thing I can really do now is warn the people of revscene of Richmond Acura and also a big reminder to everyone to always have your ass covered, I cannot stress this enough.

inv4zn 06-14-2013 09:49 PM

Related to some of the posts about doing walk-arounds, can you request this be done even if it's not standard practice at a dealership?

I usually don't go to dealerships at all but I've gone to a few, and not once have any of them done any walk-arounds prior to me giving them the keys

westopher 06-14-2013 11:50 PM

Go sand the exact spot on the bumpers of all of the dealers cars, with a note that reads "how does it feel"
But really don't do that, but can you imagine how satisfying it would be if you could get away with that.

Ferra 06-15-2013 09:07 AM

+1 for shitty service at Richmond Acura

This was years ago, but I remember taking my car there for service once, and I told the service rep multiple time NOT TO WASH MY CAR..(I just had it cleaned and waxed..and i know they use a shit brush to wash cars)

When i came back to pickup my car...it was clearly washed and there were swirl and lines all over the car (I was quite upset coz the swirl show a lot on a black car, and the car was less than 6 months old)
Complained to the service advisor....his reply was " yea...maybe they washed it, i dunno why, nothing I can do, i dont' care"
Complained to the service manager...he basically told us to go fuck ourselves, turned his back and walked away

Their sale dept was just as bad from what I heard from other friends as well..stay away

Acura604 06-17-2013 09:03 AM

I have to say this about Richmond Acura.. I really think they are 'shady' dealers.

Although I purchased my TL-S from there, I don't trust them at all. They seem to steer around 'warranty' by supplying 3rd party/aftermarket stuff because I really believe they've had ALOT of negative feedback from customers when Acura sends out the post-service followup form.

I had my headlights replaced by them and had my dashcam on...the car was driven to a 3rd party bodyshop to get the headlights changed..they didn't even do it in their own service bay. it looks like they contract out their service work to these gypsy-kwan-do body shops in and around Richmond and most likely, your vehicle was driven there and scraped up. I might still have my dashcam footage but didn't bother raising a stink ..as I will NEVER go back there.

NOTE: the little bodyshop didnt' even look like a real bodyshop....the car was driven to this spot in Richmond down an alleyway and into a shop with a very very narrow door opening.

The story is great... firstly, they replaced the OEM headlights (to address condensation) with aftermarket 'depo' headlights... which were terrible for lighting and had even worse condensation. I complained and they agreed to swap with OEM...and so they did. BUT I noticed that the first time the headlights were swapped, the 'shop' forgot to put something back into the engine bay... and then the 'missing' item was miraculously back after the 2nd and final swap.

...and of course, we all know the infamous dragon lady who works the service dept don't we?

melloman 06-17-2013 10:06 AM

Go to Burrard Acura.

/end.

Spoiler!

Shugoy 06-17-2013 10:41 AM

Ive seen worst.
Serious. just fix it nothing more u can do.

KO7 06-17-2013 03:41 PM

From personal experience, these are the Richmond dealerships I would avoid from now on:
Mazda in Richmond Automall
Richmond Subaru
Richmond Acura

Your mileage may vary.

a00755836 06-17-2013 05:32 PM

have you seen richmond subaru google ratings? 6/30! :lawl:

dlo 06-17-2013 07:40 PM

burrard ftw.. if i ever need work from a dealership it would be em, jaemc is the man!! :hotbaby:

GLOW 06-18-2013 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KO7 (Post 8262267)
From personal experience, these are the Richmond dealerships I would avoid from now on:
Richmond Subaru
Richmond Acura

Your mileage may vary.

what's the story on mazda's richmond auto mall?

T4RAWR 06-18-2013 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KO7 (Post 8262267)
Richmond Subaru
Richmond Acura

Your mileage may vary.

add open road toyota to that list.

Gtrr33 06-18-2013 07:14 AM

any of you guys remember when Richmond Acura had 15+ cars got keyed one night, cops caught the guy and he said Richmond Acura rip him off or something like that?

Louhasnocash 06-19-2013 06:51 PM

I bought my tsx from lougheed acura. Hope they won't be like this....
Posted via RS Mobile

Acura604 05-02-2016 09:22 AM

THREAD REVIVAL!

had the unfortunate experience in dealing with the dragon lady over the weekend. Wow, she has not changed or learned from her shit personality.

Teresa Fung remains as the quintessential service advisor bitch. She needs to be FIRED. she is fake and NOT genuine at all.

BACK STORY:
Acura RDX 2nd Gen warranty related issues:

1. HFL Bluetooth module randomly disconnects/reconnects with phone. arranged for Rmd Acura to replace the module. A week and a half go by and no one calls me..i call them to inquire if the part is available...they said yes. I arrange for an install a few days later but realize I'm flying out on business and cannot..so I rebook it. It is done but Teresa bitches to me that they almost had to return the module waiting for me to get it installed.

2. airbag recall fix - arranged for a loaner car and all she could repeat was "make sure you replace gas you use" in her typical broken Chinese English. I didn't replace the gas as I never used the car other than to drive it home and back to dealership.

...anyways, her attitude is appalling and I don't think I will ever go back there...burrard is damn far away so i'll have to try Lougheed I think. Langley is garbage.

Eff-1 05-02-2016 09:43 AM

^ you have owned so many acuras, I would have thought you'd by now have a solid go-to advisor/dealership for a long time now ;)