REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 06-08-2013, 05:44 PM   #1
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Richmond Acura Service Experience

Richmond Acura Experience

Really pissing day today. Had the worst experience at a stealership ever.

Long story short, today I went with my mom to get her car serviced at said dealer for an oil change. So we drop off the car and go grocery shopping for a bit and come back to the dealer to pick up the car. No surprise, that we come back to a fucked up bumper that has a huge ass scrape imbedded into the front bumper plus a deep scratch on the fender. So at this point I realized we're fucked. We tell the service manager and unsurprisingly they say that the scratch was there even before we brought the car in. When I saw the tech servicing our car I gave him the fucking dirtiest stare down ever, I was almost ready to break this guy's nose. I can't believe tech's these days have such low work ethics. BUT, after they inspected the damage further they tell us to get ICBC to fix it as a hit and run and that they'll pay the deductible-- obviously bullshit. I'm still enraged at this point at how fucking shitty dealerships can be and how much they can get away with. Can customers really do nothing about their cars when it gets damaged for service? Cause clearly there is no way to prove it was the dealership that caused the damage, I realized this from the very start and admit defeat to this bullshit dealership.

What I think the dealership is trying to do with the whole "Get ICBC to fix it and we'll pay the deductible" is to just cover up the evidence so that they can play it off as if there was never damage to begin with.

Just wanted to vent out a bit from the amount of bullshit this dealership is putting us through. I will update this thread with dealership name if they do not follow through with their words, which they probably won't...

Edit: Pictures of damage is on second page. And no surprise the dealership is from Richmond.
Advertisement

Last edited by Kidnapman; 06-14-2013 at 08:23 PM.
Kidnapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 06:01 PM   #2
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

which dealership was this? just let us know!
Recon604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 06:02 PM   #3
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Name the dealership so we know to avoid going there.
vantrip is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-08-2013, 06:06 PM   #4

Don't worry as I mentioned, i'll be updating the thread. They'll more than likely try to screw us over so within a couple days i'll update. But i'll give em the benefit of the doubt for now.
Old 06-08-2013, 06:47 PM   #5
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Don't you have to sign a walk around sheet done by the Service Advisor when he opens up a work order?
Dinan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-08-2013, 07:08 PM   #6

No, there was no inspection sheet of the car before working on the car so that is what really screwed us over. Tough lesson learned. Will make sure to take pictures of each body panel before handing the keys over to the techs.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:38 PM   #7
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

There should be a strict rule for dealerships to do a walk around of the car for existing damage.

Like the type of situation where if they dont and the customer claims ANY cosmetic damage regardless existing or not the customer would always win in courts, because the dealership did not do its due diligence to protect itself, given that they work with such big life investments as their bacon maker.

I am surprised a system like this isnt in place at all, like seriously, we can dispute any ticket we want so that teaches the cops to do their due diligence in note taking of the situation and evidence gathering.

Anyways... fuck stealerships...........
z3german is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-08-2013, 08:29 PM   #8
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan3 View Post
Don't you have to sign a walk around sheet done by the Service Advisor when he opens up a work order?
Not sure about dealerships but i work closely with a few craftsman shop and they always do a walk around of customers cars to make note of pre-existing damage.
vantrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:44 PM   #9

I want to open up a discussion as to how we can prevent this further.

We as a community have rules in regards to vehicles like "always dispute your tickets", "always go through ICBC as a 3rd party even if the other party wants to settle privately", etc...

Do you think "ALWAYS, demand a walk around when putting your vehicle in someone else's possession" would work? I mean if the justice system isn't going to help us with matters like these we should do our due diligence as clients to prevent such a thing. Also we can spot out shit stealerships and share them on a sticky or something...
z3german is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-08-2013, 10:35 PM   #10
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,759 Times in 3,870 Posts
^^^ DON'T ALWAYD DISPUTE YOUR TICKET!!! If you get caught speeding, and you WERE speeding, then pay your ticket and live with the consequences of breaking the law.

**edit** sorry for off topic. A walk around is a great rule to live by though
Posted via RS Mobile
320icar is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-08-2013, 10:56 PM   #11
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
thats why i like bj autohaus, our parts advisor would always do a walk around when someone brought their car in. Dunno if they do it now as i havent worked there in a while but when i did they always did that

GL with everything OP, and pls do let us know later on so we know to avoid it like the plague

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:09 AM   #12

same experience that i had, fortunately for me, i had a dashcam and i busted them for it.

http://www.revscene.net/forums/67132...ealership.html

hope things work out for you. keep us updated!
i-vtecyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:03 PM   #13
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

I had my car scratched by Lougheed Acura without any walk around. All I can do was, eat it up!
But Autowest BMW provide awesome service with walk arounds on my vehicle plus the loaner.

Last edited by BEEB; 06-10-2013 at 10:25 AM.
BEEB is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-10-2013, 09:59 AM   #14
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
If they are willing to pay the deductible on a lie, then they know it was them.

They have contracts with body shops that can have it fixed for less than retail. Tell them to take it to their body shop, fix it and call it a day. You are worth a lifetime of service. Sometimes they need to be reminded of that.

If necessary, ask them how they think its going to go over when you tell ICBC about their hit and run plan for the damage.

"Think you'll get a phone call out of that?"
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:16 AM   #15
Zionism gets my shell hard and slimy

Thanked 6,021 Times in 1,129 Posts
i dont blame them for not wanted to cover it if the tech did deny it because lets face it... how many people would get free body work done...

but thats only because the tech would have denied it, hopefully you can get it dealt with in a reasonable manner and invest in a dash cam, best thing you could do to keep your car safe.

i say this because i work in a dealership and i have seen our dealership at fault and also people trying to scam the dealership.

what dealership is it anyways, incase others have had the same issue.
snails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:06 AM   #16
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,340 Times in 841 Posts
how is it bullshit that they offer to pay the deductible and have ICBC fix it?

Post a picture of the damage, maybe it happened before you left home? Maybe it didn't.

If it was 'no suprise' that you came back to a fucked bumper, why did you go there in the first place? Do the oil change yourself, or take it to a Mr. Lube where you drive the car in yourself.

I completely agree that it is BS if the tech did infact damage the car and was trying to hide it, but everyone is so quick to jump to conclusions. The amount of times I've seen dealerships eat costs on damage just so they don't have to deal with the headache is ridiculous. Next time do a walk around with the service advisor.
Jgresch is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-10-2013, 11:14 AM   #17
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
^^ To me it's bullshit because I don't want a claim on my car because some asshat decided to fuck up my bumper and my fender.

It's nice that they are paying your deductible and getting my insurance company to cover their ass but I'd rather have the dealership pay out of their own pocket for all damages and actually take responsibility.

After this is fixed, please name the dealer and never go there again.
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:38 AM   #18
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,340 Times in 841 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by melloman View Post
^^ To me it's bullshit because I don't want a claim on my car because some asshat decided to fuck up my bumper and my fender.

It's nice that they are paying your deductible and getting my insurance company to cover their ass but I'd rather have the dealership pay out of their own pocket for all damages and actually take responsibility.

After this is fixed, please name the dealer and never go there again.
that is based on concluding that the dealer actually caused the damaged though.

From a dealer prospective: (Totally Hypothetical) Ladies car is bumped into late at night while she is asleep. The next morning she takes her car in for an oil change at the dealer without noticing the damage. Dealer does oil change and makes maybe $60? Lady comes back and flips out now noticing the damage. Dealer:

So now what? Dealer is going to pay $1000 to replace a bumper/fender? No.

Lady keeps complaining so dealer finally says okay we'll cover the deductable of $300 or whatever just to shut you up.

Again, not saying this is the case, but there is no proof at this point.
Jgresch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:08 PM   #19
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

i've seen more than enough customers complain that we caused damage on their vehicle when we noticed it during the walk around... some customers just don't know their car was damaged before bringing it in for service...
fng@regencyauto.com
narfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:06 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgresch View Post
that is based on concluding that the dealer actually caused the damaged though.

From a dealer prospective: (Totally Hypothetical) Ladies car is bumped into late at night while she is asleep. The next morning she takes her car in for an oil change at the dealer without noticing the damage. Dealer does oil change and makes maybe $60? Lady comes back and flips out now noticing the damage. Dealer:

So now what? Dealer is going to pay $1000 to replace a bumper/fender? No.

Lady keeps complaining so dealer finally says okay we'll cover the deductable of $300 or whatever just to shut you up.

Again, not saying this is the case, but there is no proof at this point.
Yes I totally understand your point, there is absolutely no evidence that it happened at the dealership during the oil change which is really troublesome. Thank you everyone for all the support, the car is being brought in today to the body shop and hopefully the dealership will keep their word. Will update sometime in the mid of this week. This is the first time we've brought our car into this dealership and I just had the guttiest feeling something like this would happen. Still kicking my self in the behind for not making a record of the condition of the car before handing the keys over.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:08 PM   #21

maybe it was parked on the lot and another customer backed into it and drove off.
VR6GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:18 PM   #22

Doesn't look like it. It was a long scrape across the corner bumper horizontally, plus the scratch looked like it was swept from one side to the other which probably means they side swiped the wall while trying to get into the shop. Plus, by the fender area there was deep paint damage.

To everyone reading this thread, I will post up the dealership name once this is resolved.
Hopefully this'll be the last straw that'll get my mom to finally use her dashcam again. So far I'm the only one in my family that actually uses the dashcam to save my own ass when shit happens. Been trying to convince the rest of my family but they just got too lazy (bringing the dash cam into the house to charge) and over confident of their driving to care to use a dashcam...
Old 06-10-2013, 02:24 PM   #23

if it looks like damage from a wall, ICBC will not approve your hit and run claim. They will make it a single vehicle accident and your insurance rates will go up and you'll have a deductible to pay.
VR6GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:27 PM   #24
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,816 Times in 450 Posts
send a complaint to head office ? not sure if it will help, never done it before
Greenstoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:47 PM   #25
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i-vtecyo View Post
same experience that i had, fortunately for me, i had a dashcam and i busted them for it.

http://www.revscene.net/forums/67132...ealership.html

hope things work out for you. keep us updated!
wow. did not realize that happened to you. been taking one of my cars to kingsway for oil changes. not sure if i still want to take it there anymore.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote