REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2014, 12:53 PM   #12551
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)
 
Tim Budong's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: The Womb
Posts: 16,813
Thanked 10,865 Times in 2,127 Posts
Enjoy next year!

Advertisement
Tim Budong is offline  
This post thanked by:
Old 03-10-2014, 12:54 PM   #12552
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
m3thods's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 3,115
Thanked 1,041 Times in 586 Posts
As a shooter, really quick glances at his pants make it seem like his pads are super short. That'd be enough to mess me up momentarily. Maybe that was the reasoning (given FLA's pant colour is the same as the top of his pads).

His helmet is actually a mangled SportMask and player Reakt cage. It's so messed lol
m3thods is offline  
Old 03-10-2014, 01:43 PM   #12553
Banned (ABWS)?
 
AzNightmare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 16,918
Thanked 2,133 Times in 1,027 Posts


Roy's illusion of a bigger 5-hole to bait the shooters.
__________________
__________________________________________________
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is online now  
Old 03-10-2014, 02:01 PM   #12554
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001
 
Mike Oxbig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 9,143
Thanked 2,533 Times in 904 Posts
Got an email from MG

Dear Shawn,

With the trade deadline a week behind us, I wanted to communicate directly with our Season Ticket Members. You are a very important part of the Canucks family, and I’d like to give you more insight into last week’s developments and our plan for the team going forward.

In addition, I will be inviting you to participate in a webcast after I get home from the GM meetings and upcoming road trip. I want to articulate our plans with you openly and want to give you an opportunity to ask questions so that you have a greater understanding of the vision.

Our mission remains the same: to win the Stanley Cup. Last summer we said we had to make some changes to our team. We need to get younger, faster and stronger to succeed. That process is happening now, as we look to retool by surrounding our veteran stars with new, young talent. You can look at Anaheim as a recent example of a team that has retooled successfully.

Trading Roberto was not an easy decision. We are grateful for his tremendous contribution to our team and city, and we wish him much success. But the moves we've made go beyond goaltending. We are now younger and we are getting deeper. We've added a big, strong 6'4" centre in Shawn Matthias, who is excited to be here and will help this team now. And we believe in our talented group of prospects, including Bo Horvat, Nicklas Jensen, Frank Corrado, Dane Fox, Brendan Gaunce and Hunter Shinkaruk, who will be part of our short and long-term success. We are also well positioned financially, having created over $5 million in cap room to make the right deals for this team. That's in addition to the $7 million we expect the salary cap to increase next season.

We approached the deadline with long-term success in mind. We were prepared to make a hockey deal on trade deadline day, not a short-term fix. The players offered at the deadline did not fit our vision of where we want our team to go. We need to get younger and more balanced to be more competitive, and we didn’t see the right players to accomplish that goal. We are not willing to compromise our long-term vision for the sake of change.

We are committed to putting a winning team on the ice for you. Our ownership is supportive and will invest whatever it takes to bring the Cup to Vancouver. As we move towards this goal we will continue to invest in your arena and Canucks fan experience.

Thank you again for your continued support. We are enduring a challenging period, but your passion makes it possible for us to put our team in a position to compete. Our organization is committed to doing whatever it takes to win, and we want you to be here with us when we achieve our goal.

Sincerely,

Michael D. Gillis
President and General Manager
Vancouver Canucks

WE ARE ALL CANUCKS




I wish we tank for McDavid
Mike Oxbig is online now  
This post thanked by:
Old 03-10-2014, 02:02 PM   #12555
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
m3thods's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 3,115
Thanked 1,041 Times in 586 Posts
It's the same idea as white pads (Roy's choice of colour).

But Thomas is different. His seems to be using it for more "shock" rather than the making the shooter think "hey there's more room 5 hole". Thomas looks to be a guy right now looking for whatever edge he can gain over shooters (if you follow him over the season, you'd notice he's the penultimate "gear-whore"). Maybe his choice of paint on the pads is part of that.
m3thods is offline  
Old 03-10-2014, 02:05 PM   #12556
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
m3thods's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 3,115
Thanked 1,041 Times in 586 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Earl View Post
Got an email from MG
Spoiler!

Sincerely,

Michael D. Gillis
President and General Manager
Vancouver Canucks

WE ARE ALL CANUCKS
Did MG really have "WE ARE ALL CANUCKS" at the end of his correspondence? Or was that you lol


On a bit of a sad topic: I'm not sure if it was already posted, but here's the reason for Donny's 'stache:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/more/remembe...-dave-my-hero/

Last edited by m3thods; 03-10-2014 at 02:18 PM.
m3thods is offline  
Old 03-10-2014, 02:18 PM   #12557
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001
 
Gumby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 9,261
Thanked 2,318 Times in 872 Posts
I just thought Tim Thomas doesn't have his new equipment ready yet, that's why he's still using his FLA-coloured gear!
__________________
Do Not Put Aftershave on Your Balls. -604CEFIRO
Looks like I'm gonna have some hot sex again tonight...OOPS i got the 6 pack. that wont last me the night, I better go back and get the 24 pack! -Turbo E
kinda off topic but obama is a dilf - miss_crayon
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline  
This post thanked by:
Old 03-10-2014, 02:27 PM   #12558
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001
 
Mike Oxbig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 9,143
Thanked 2,533 Times in 904 Posts
Yes he did have WE ARE ALL CANUCKS at the end of the email
Mike Oxbig is online now  
Old 03-10-2014, 02:28 PM   #12559
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
m3thods's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 3,115
Thanked 1,041 Times in 586 Posts
^^ That's so cheesy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
I just thought Tim Thomas doesn't have his new equipment ready yet, that's why he's still using his FLA-coloured gear!
You're right he's still using his FLA stuff. I wasn't really speaking specifically about this get-up in DAL colours. But rather his rationale for using that particular paint scheme.
m3thods is offline  
Old 03-10-2014, 02:48 PM   #12560
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001
 
Mike Oxbig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 9,143
Thanked 2,533 Times in 904 Posts
There's nobody on the UFA market next season that can help our team. Plus strong draft so why not suck for 1 yr for big reward.
Mike Oxbig is online now  
Old 03-10-2014, 03:31 PM   #12561
Hypa owned my ass at least once
 
winson604's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Vansterdam
Posts: 6,731
Thanked 1,071 Times in 519 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Earl View Post
Got an email from MG

Dear Shawn,

With the trade deadline a week behind us, I wanted to communicate directly with our Season Ticket Members. You are a very important part of the Canucks family, and I’d like to give you more insight into last week’s developments and our plan for the team going forward.

In addition, I will be inviting you to participate in a webcast after I get home from the GM meetings and upcoming road trip. I want to articulate our plans with you openly and want to give you an opportunity to ask questions so that you have a greater understanding of the vision.

Our mission remains the same: to win the Stanley Cup. Last summer we said we had to make some changes to our team. We need to get younger, faster and stronger to succeed. That process is happening now, as we look to retool by surrounding our veteran stars with new, young talent. You can look at Anaheim as a recent example of a team that has retooled successfully.

Trading Roberto was not an easy decision. We are grateful for his tremendous contribution to our team and city, and we wish him much success. But the moves we've made go beyond goaltending. We are now younger and we are getting deeper. We've added a big, strong 6'4" centre in Shawn Matthias, who is excited to be here and will help this team now. And we believe in our talented group of prospects, including Bo Horvat, Nicklas Jensen, Frank Corrado, Dane Fox, Brendan Gaunce and Hunter Shinkaruk, who will be part of our short and long-term success. We are also well positioned financially, having created over $5 million in cap room to make the right deals for this team. That's in addition to the $7 million we expect the salary cap to increase next season.

We approached the deadline with long-term success in mind. We were prepared to make a hockey deal on trade deadline day, not a short-term fix. The players offered at the deadline did not fit our vision of where we want our team to go. We need to get younger and more balanced to be more competitive, and we didn’t see the right players to accomplish that goal. We are not willing to compromise our long-term vision for the sake of change.

We are committed to putting a winning team on the ice for you. Our ownership is supportive and will invest whatever it takes to bring the Cup to Vancouver. As we move towards this goal we will continue to invest in your arena and Canucks fan experience.

Thank you again for your continued support. We are enduring a challenging period, but your passion makes it possible for us to put our team in a position to compete. Our organization is committed to doing whatever it takes to win, and we want you to be here with us when we achieve our goal.

Sincerely,

Michael D. Gillis
President and General Manager
Vancouver Canucks

WE ARE ALL CANUCKS




I wish we tank for McDavid
As soon as I got my an email today and saw it was from him, I deleted it right away lol. His emails are always fucking nonsense.
__________________
"back at the line to Babych.... LONG SHOT....Potvin had trouble with it....ADAM SHOOTS SCORES!!!!

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is online now  
Old 03-10-2014, 03:43 PM   #12562
In RS I Trust
 
murd0c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Mission
Posts: 19,611
Thanked 16,830 Times in 3,952 Posts
I'm more then ok with tanking next season but if Gillis is still around I'm sure he will still think we have a chance and will do enough so we are just out of the sweepstakes.
murd0c is online now  
Old 03-10-2014, 04:14 PM   #12563
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001
 
Mike Oxbig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 9,143
Thanked 2,533 Times in 904 Posts
I think if Gillis is fired, the new gm will dick around and tank next season anyways to make himself look good for the next decade with the 1st overall pick

new GM: - I had to clean up MG's mess, that's why we sucked this season to get the 1st overall pick
Spoiler!
Mike Oxbig is online now  
Old 03-10-2014, 04:17 PM   #12564
In RS I Trust
 
murd0c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Mission
Posts: 19,611
Thanked 16,830 Times in 3,952 Posts
now the question is who would be a great GM when/if Gillis gets fired?
murd0c is online now  
Old 03-10-2014, 04:31 PM   #12565
.
 
jeedee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 8,725
Thanked 5,416 Times in 2,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
now the question is who would be a great GM when/if Gillis gets fired?
RS member Big Earl
__________________
Buy/Sell FeedBack: (21-0-1)
jeedee is offline  
Old 03-10-2014, 04:33 PM   #12566
Banned By Establishment
 
Iceman-19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Coquitlam, BC
Posts: 9,521
Thanked 1,288 Times in 409 Posts
That duc_ guy.
Iceman-19 is offline  
This post thanked by:
Old 03-10-2014, 04:34 PM   #12567
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY
 
sonick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Revscene
Posts: 7,386
Thanked 4,998 Times in 1,580 Posts
I'd give Laurence Gilman a shot, word is other teams have had their eye on him for GM positions.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyxx View Post
Sonick is a genius. I won't go into detail what's so great about his post. But it's damn good!
1999 Mazda Miata - Weekend Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Current
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now  
Old 03-10-2014, 04:41 PM   #12568
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001
 
Mike Oxbig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 9,143
Thanked 2,533 Times in 904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
RS member Big Earl
Ill tank for 1st overall and step down.

Joe Sakic?
Mike Oxbig is online now  
Old 03-10-2014, 04:41 PM   #12569
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY
 
sonick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Revscene
Posts: 7,386
Thanked 4,998 Times in 1,580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Earl View Post
Ill tank for 1st overall and step down.
Tank for 1st overall, trade it away, then step down
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyxx View Post
Sonick is a genius. I won't go into detail what's so great about his post. But it's damn good!
1999 Mazda Miata - Weekend Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Current
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now  
Old 03-10-2014, 05:52 PM   #12570
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
JesseBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Here! n There!
Posts: 4,079
Thanked 392 Times in 205 Posts
i dunno if i'm in the minority but i don't want to tank..l want to have a competitive but exciting team
__________________
Go Canucks Go!
JesseBlue is offline  
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-10-2014, 06:06 PM   #12571
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!
 
DanHibiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 6,856
Thanked 4,386 Times in 1,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseBlue View Post
i dunno if i'm in the minority but i don't want to tank..l want to have a competitive but exciting team
and i want the cup but guess what, this ain't [insert cup winning teams]
__________________
GO Canucks GO!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .


xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
DanHibiki is offline  
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-10-2014, 06:21 PM   #12572
I subscribe to Revscene
 
k3mps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: vancity
Posts: 1,929
Thanked 1,315 Times in 385 Posts
Rich Peverly reportedly collapsed on the bench, taken to hospital and is now conscious

EDIT: Game between Dallas and Columbus has been postponed

Last edited by k3mps; 03-10-2014 at 06:27 PM.
k3mps is offline  
Old 03-10-2014, 06:25 PM   #12573
RS.net PIMP
 
7seven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Vancouver/LA
Posts: 4,903
Thanked 3,067 Times in 828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by k3mps View Post
Rich Peverly reportedly collapsed on the bench, taken to hospital and is now conscious
Pretty scary situation, Deadspin has the video up CBJ-Stars Game Currently Suspended After Rich Peverley Collapse

He's had an heart issue, being held out of preseason, training camp and reportedly missed a game last week due to irregular heart beat.

Game is now cancelled
__________________

13 Range Rover SC
11 Yukon Hybrid
13 Accord V6 Coupe
7seven is offline  
Old 03-10-2014, 06:27 PM   #12574
HELP ME PLS!!!
 
pastarocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 5,902
Thanked 2,192 Times in 985 Posts
MG's letter is just sucking up to fans in response to his fuck up of the team roster.
__________________
Go Canucks go!
pastarocket is offline  
Old 03-10-2014, 06:28 PM   #12575
I have named my kids VIC and VLS
 
Hondaracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Off-Topic
Posts: 27,739
Thanked 7,284 Times in 2,576 Posts
how paniced everyone was i thought for sure the outcome was going to be worse
__________________
Dank memes cant melt steel beams
Hondaracer is online now  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net