REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2014, 03:18 PM   #12326
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
I hope we continue to suck and get top 5 pick. If next years bottom bitch team consist of BUF,CGY,NYI,VAN, maybe the NHL will hook up McDavid since we are rank 4 in revenue generating in the league

And that Luongo window poster can be replace by McDavid
Advertisement
This post thanked by:
Old 03-07-2014, 03:25 PM   #12327
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,582 Times in 4,298 Posts
The NHL will never "hook" the Canucks up with anything expect a BS suspension
Old 03-07-2014, 03:28 PM   #12328

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaz View Post
are you that fucking stupid? do you realize there were no prospects for this team besides schnieder when gillis came. this is the effect of icing competitive teams for years. it was going to happen, im just glad gillis has some good prospects coming up so we never hit nyi or chi lows. you were spoiled with a good team, and now that the team has hit the time to rebuild you cry. fuck learn how sports leagues work
Easy there buddy

You clearly misread what pastarocket posted....he's telling us to boycott Aquilini/management cause they're the ones who supposedly nixed the Kesler trade.....cause they think this team will/can make the playoffs = revenue for them

Not buying tickets/jerseys/merchandise = no revenue/loss of money for them = opening their eyes to a rebuild and not some retarded ass retool filled with plugs
Old 03-07-2014, 03:32 PM   #12329
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,339 Times in 5,648 Posts
No one is ever gonna convince all the mindless peons to stop going to games or buying merch

They will have to completely fall off the map for that to happen. Because even when they are continually bad, the people who couldn't afford to go or buy season tickets will pick up the slack of the ones that stop going/don't renew
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 03-07-2014, 03:42 PM   #12330

Thanked 3,495 Times in 1,692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
Easy there buddy

You clearly misread what pastarocket posted....he's telling us to boycott Aquilini/management cause they're the ones who supposedly nixed the Kesler trade.....cause they think this team will/can make the playoffs = revenue for them

Not buying tickets/jerseys/merchandise = no revenue/loss of money for them = opening their eyes to a rebuild and not some retarded ass retool filled with plugs
Thank you Jeedee. You say it best.

Like I said before on this thread, we need an owner who is passionate about building a winning franchise. That starts with management that knows how to build a winning team through good trades and drafting well. I get the impression that Aquaman cares more about the dollar bills than about winning a Stanley Cup. Hire some one to replace Gillis!
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 03-07-2014, 03:42 PM   #12331
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
Ya Seguin would be a good trade. Trade the guy who carried the canucks thru the nashville series and still tried to get it done on one leg against boston... for the kid who got traded because he disappears in the playoffs. Altho he is having a hell of a season this year
That was 3 seasons ago. In the time since, Seguin has pretty much shown that he's a number 1 center on any team. And he's still maturing given he's not even 25 yet.

In that same time, Kesler has shown a propensity to become injured playing the way we've all become in love with. Said "intangibles" are valuable to a team making runs for Cups now, but not so much to a team that has been on a clear decline like the Canucks over the past 2 years. Given the amount of "gritty" centers coming up the pipe now and that can be bought in free agency, Kesler's defensive prowess can be replicated to a certain amount with a good third line. And let's be serious- Kesler doesn't seem like the mentor type like a Sedin in his waning years would be. You could argue his attitude isn't the best for a young dressing room, even though he brings it every night.

If you think Kesler is still a 41g/80pt player then you're over-valuing him by quite a bit. I would take a Seguin on the first line with nobody and a declining H. Sedin on the second line over a declining Sedin/Kesler 1-2 punch down the middle. There's something to build upon in the first scenerio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post

Like I said before on this thread, we need an owner who is passionate about building a winning franchise. That starts with management that knows how to build a winning team through good trades and drafting well. I get the impression that Aquaman cares more about the dollar bills than about winning a Stanley Cup. Hire some one to replace Gillis!
Posted via RS Mobile
If you're to believe your reasoning based on the speculation that ownership nixed the trade and is just looking to squeeze every dollar out of the season, then it doesn't matter who you hire as GM- ownership will still call the shots in the end. I'm not sure how you can blame the GM in that situation.

Last edited by m3thods; 03-07-2014 at 03:50 PM.
Old 03-07-2014, 03:49 PM   #12332

Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
The NHL will never "hook" the Canucks up with anything expect a BS suspension
It's worth the tank if its a generational type player. People who boycott the team will be back very soon.
Old 03-07-2014, 03:53 PM   #12333

i hope they did nix it. depres 1st and sutter? thats pure crap. kesler is a player that should be fetching a package like maata/pouliout bennett 1st +
Old 03-07-2014, 03:57 PM   #12334

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaz View Post
kesler is a player that should be fetching a package like maata/pouliout bennett 1st +
You're going to be in a world of disappointment if you think Kesler will fetch a return like that
Old 03-07-2014, 04:00 PM   #12335

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
You're going to be in a world of disappointment if you think Kesler will fetch a return like that
Yea, thats why the analysts(the reputable ones), laughed at pittsburghs offer, and said the exact same thing?
Old 03-07-2014, 04:00 PM   #12336
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
Kesler is at most a roster player, prospect, and first-rounder in today's NHL. He'd be lucky to get the Pominville return to Buffalo in this particular economic climate (CDN dollar down == revenue dips == cap doesn't increase as much as everyone thought next year)

What you're asking for dbaz is basically 3 blue-chip prospects AND a first round pick AND possibly more.

That's a pretty rich bounty for a team to give up. That GM will undoubtedly get fired if they don't bring the Cup to their town.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:03 PM   #12337
My homepage has been set to RS

tidbit on Tyler Seguin

was watching an episode where they had cameras rolling about the process of Seguin's trade to Dallas for Eriksson and co.

Looks like a reason for shipping him off was that he didnt fit the Bruin's mold of player. Someone who gets into the dirty areas i think was what they said.

("Doesnt this remind you of another player?" they brought up as well. I think they were alluding to another highly skilled but not so gritty player in Kessel. Who was shipped off as well)

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
Old 03-07-2014, 04:07 PM   #12338

3? theres a / between the players. meaning one or the other. possibly more includes late picks and a liekyl cap dump. kesler shouldnt get as much return as pominville? i dont see how that is possible. stat comparing these 2 players is useless. pominville has always had the chance to play with good offensive forwards, and hes not as close to being the type of allround player kesler is. buf got 2 good prospects, a first and a second. kesler should be returning that at very minimum, but not way more

Last edited by dbaz; 03-07-2014 at 04:15 PM.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:43 PM   #12339
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,339 Times in 5,648 Posts
They said seguin was out partying all night and didn't know how to use a stove let alone do laundry etc lol

I'd still take him, I think long term B's will regret the trade but I guess the cap was also in mind
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 03-07-2014, 04:45 PM   #12340
I STILL don't get it

shitty players get a solid return sometimes it happens, they should not be the new norm of value. Douglas Murray got 2 2nd's last year that is essentially what Isles got for Vanek this year, shit happens lol. Analysts can be wrong and are wrong all the time, I'm not saying we know Kesler's value any better but these same analysts were also saying Vanek was easily going to fetch a first and a A prospect/roster player.
Old 03-07-2014, 05:14 PM   #12341

When Seguin and the Stars were fucking up our team last night, I was thinking about
how happy the Stars owner Tom Haglardi may have felt after his team beat
up the team belonging to a guy that he took the court. Gaglardi sued Aquilini in a dispute about
who could buy the Canucks.
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 03-07-2014, 05:27 PM   #12342
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post

Posted via RS Mobile
I think aquavulva genuinely cares about the team. He's just stupid when it comes to hockey sense, which is why he should stop trying to play chef. Gillis, I think, is also ineffective. A good GM would advise the owner and keep the ship afloat and sailing smoothly with a long term plan. Aqua cannot have his cake and eat it, too. In every organization, the person at the top is ultimately to blame for failure. Anyway, hoping the Flames will light a fire under the asses of our team. The coach? He's out of tricks. Drama queen.

Players are only human. When shit happens, everybody wants to abandon ship. Should the fans give up, too? I think this is the time for fans to step up to the plate. We can whine and bitch, but it's a little too late for that. I will watch Saturdays game and cheer the boys on. Perhaps I should get a twitter account and let the team know some of us are still behind them. Then I can tell the strombone player to leave the band for good. Go, Canucks, GO!!!!!!!
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 03-07-2014, 05:48 PM   #12343
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,233 Times in 266 Posts
St Louis made a sick pass to Stepan for GWG vs the Canes tonight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=R7K9i6Wpxi8

EDIT:

Last edited by slicrick; 03-07-2014 at 09:37 PM.
Old 03-07-2014, 06:07 PM   #12344

luuu shutout in florida
Old 03-07-2014, 06:11 PM   #12345

Bless Lu and his good heart. He tweets this yesterday:

#PrayForEddie
Old 03-07-2014, 06:12 PM   #12346
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts

lol 124 games

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Old 03-07-2014, 06:14 PM   #12347
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
LUuuuUuuuuuUuuu
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 03-07-2014, 06:17 PM   #12348
kwy
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
What a game in florida..i forgot what it felt like to watch a team you were cheering for actually win. Great game for Lu. 12 shots by bergenheim and a sick end to end effort by bjugstad.
Old 03-07-2014, 06:17 PM   #12349
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,277 Times in 1,633 Posts
lol holy shit 124 games? clearly we've been spoiled
Spoiler!
Old 03-07-2014, 06:35 PM   #12350
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol