REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2014, 11:31 AM   #13526
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001
 
Mike Oxbig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 9,142
Thanked 2,533 Times in 904 Posts
Canucks needs to do this right now:
-Play our prospects to give them nhl game experience and fall in the standings
-Draft #6-10 for a nhl ready top six winger

Most can agree that we are short 2 top 6 forward on this team
Advertisement
Mike Oxbig is offline  
Old 03-24-2014, 11:45 AM   #13527
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,369
Thanked 833 Times in 391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Earl View Post
Canucks needs to do this right now:
-Play our prospects to give them nhl game experience and fall in the standings
-Draft #6-10 for a nhl ready top six winger

Most can agree that we are short 2 top 6 forward on this team
It is extremely rare to draft a nhl ready player in general unless your team is Calgary/Edmonton/Florida/Buffalo.

We have higher chances of signing our top 6 winger or even Fox or Jensen making it.
highfive is offline  
Old 03-24-2014, 11:56 AM   #13528
i like gifs
 
Ch28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: imgur
Posts: 26,104
Thanked 6,736 Times in 2,289 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Earl View Post
Canucks needs to do this right now:
-Play our prospects to give them nhl game experience and fall in the standings
-Draft #6-10 for a nhl ready top six winger

Most can agree that we are short 2 top 6 forward on this team
We've been short top 6 talent ever since Gillis started. He's consistently failed to get us a top 6 player to play with Kesler for how many years now?
Posted via RS Mobile
Ch28 is offline  
Old 03-24-2014, 12:05 PM   #13529
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,369
Thanked 833 Times in 391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
We've been short top 6 talent ever since Gillis started. He's consistently failed to get us a top 6 player to play with Kesler for how many years now?
Posted via RS Mobile
Can't help it when Kesler doesn't pass....
highfive is offline  
Old 03-24-2014, 12:15 PM   #13530
i like gifs
 
Ch28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: imgur
Posts: 26,104
Thanked 6,736 Times in 2,289 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by highfive View Post
Can't help it when Kesler doesn't pass....
Can't help it when our GM is completely useless and can't flip 2x #1 goalies for a player we need.
Posted via RS Mobile
Ch28 is offline  
This post thanked by:
Old 03-24-2014, 12:17 PM   #13531
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001
 
Gumby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 9,261
Thanked 2,318 Times in 872 Posts
Can't help it when our players get injured repeatedly.
__________________
Do Not Put Aftershave on Your Balls. -604CEFIRO
Looks like I'm gonna have some hot sex again tonight...OOPS i got the 6 pack. that wont last me the night, I better go back and get the 24 pack! -Turbo E
kinda off topic but obama is a dilf - miss_crayon
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline  
Old 03-24-2014, 12:41 PM   #13532
Big Drama Show
 
jayare604's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Goodboy Nation
Posts: 5,733
Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
Can't help it when our GM is completely useless and can't flip 2x #1 goalies for a player we need.
Posted via RS Mobile
Strong this

"It's a process"
Posted via RS Mobile
jayare604 is offline  
Old 03-24-2014, 12:51 PM   #13533
i like gifs
 
Ch28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: imgur
Posts: 26,104
Thanked 6,736 Times in 2,289 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayare604 View Post
Strong this

"It's a process"
Posted via RS Mobile
The only process right now is his double chin
Posted via RS Mobile
Ch28 is offline  
Old 03-24-2014, 01:03 PM   #13534
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,369
Thanked 833 Times in 391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
The only process right now is his double chin
Posted via RS Mobile
You mean whatever the fuck beard he's growing right now.
Posted via RS Mobile
highfive is offline  
Old 03-24-2014, 01:29 PM   #13535
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer
 
spoon.ek9's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Richmond
Posts: 12,491
Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,198 Posts
so are we cool with kesler for coho + + ?

gillis needs to be replaced, i think we can agree on that; with who though.... that's the question.
__________________
1998 Honda Civic EK9 - GQ || 1990 Honda Civic Si ED7 - DD || 1990 Honda Civic ED6 - RIP
VCC Buy/Sell rating 60-0-0 || RS Buy/Sell rating 20-0-0 || HT Buy/Sell rating 1-0-0
IG: @spoon.ek9
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is offline  
Old 03-24-2014, 01:44 PM   #13536
HELP ME PLS!!!
 
pastarocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 5,901
Thanked 2,191 Times in 984 Posts
Gillis has to go in the offseason or this team is going nowhere without a veteran general manager.

If Aquaman doesn't realize that MG doesn't have the ability and the right vision to build a Stanley Cup contending franchise, I can say that we have an owner who cares more about dollar bills than winning a championship.

It would not surprise me one bit if Aquilini is influencing the player roster decisions in terms of players and coach hiring decisions.

Some co-workers told me that they used to work for this dude in the past. He's got a big ego because all his success in running his other business lines like real estate development and blueberry farms tells him that he knows how to build a profitable NHL team that can win a championship.

They tell me he's a sleazebag in terms of his treatment of workers. Do a google search of his blueberry farms in Langley and you'll find a host of Worksafe BC violations.

We got a Canucks owner that I think micromanages the team in terms of player and coaching decisions because he thinks his success in the business world, despite his mistreatment of workers, means he knows a thing or two about building a championship contender.

MG keeps talking about a rebuild, a "bold move". Who says it's just Gillis who is mainly responsible for this team's performance?

Aquaman and MG messed up this team! Either Aquaman changes his ways of running this team or I hope that a billionaire who lets a good GM run the team buys the Canucks. That's a proper reset for the Canucks.
__________________
Go Canucks go!
pastarocket is offline  
This post thanked by:
Old 03-24-2014, 02:38 PM   #13537
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
UFO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Van, BC
Posts: 3,637
Thanked 706 Times in 422 Posts
All yous complaining about aquaman and how we need a rich owner who doesn't care... Likely don't remember the 'true' dark ages when the Canucks were this far away from leaving town. How's that for a proper reset
Posted via RS Mobile
UFO is offline  
This post thanked by:
Old 03-24-2014, 03:11 PM   #13538
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch
 
fliptuner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Coquitlam
Posts: 20,336
Thanked 13,194 Times in 3,597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
If you can't draft worth shit there's no difference between 16th and 23rd.


__________________
feedback

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad


RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline  
Old 03-24-2014, 03:17 PM   #13539
i like gifs
 
Ch28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: imgur
Posts: 26,104
Thanked 6,736 Times in 2,289 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
All yous complaining about aquaman and how we need a rich owner who doesn't care... Likely don't remember the 'true' dark ages when the Canucks were this far away from leaving town. How's that for a proper reset
Posted via RS Mobile
At least I wouldn't have to watch this shit show of a season.
Posted via RS Mobile
Ch28 is offline  
Old 03-24-2014, 04:05 PM   #13540
.
 
jeedee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 8,725
Thanked 5,416 Times in 2,087 Posts
Henrik out 2 weeks lulz

@renlavoietva
Henrik Sedin (lower body) should be out for 2 weeks. #canucks #tvasports
__________________
Buy/Sell FeedBack: (21-0-1)
jeedee is offline  
Old 03-24-2014, 04:22 PM   #13541
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch
 
fliptuner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Coquitlam
Posts: 20,336
Thanked 13,194 Times in 3,597 Posts
By the way he reacted, it's probably a knee or ankle
__________________
feedback

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad


RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline  
Old 03-24-2014, 05:06 PM   #13542
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
UFO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Van, BC
Posts: 3,637
Thanked 706 Times in 422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
At least I wouldn't have to watch this shit show of a season.
Posted via RS Mobile
Nobody's pointing a gun to your head... you could be watching the oilers instead
UFO is offline  
Old 03-24-2014, 05:18 PM   #13543
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001
 
Jmac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Duncan, BC
Posts: 8,168
Thanked 3,841 Times in 1,436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
Gillis has to go in the offseason or this team is going nowhere without a veteran general manager.

If Aquaman doesn't realize that MG doesn't have the ability and the right vision to build a Stanley Cup contending franchise, I can say that we have an owner who cares more about dollar bills than winning a championship.

It would not surprise me one bit if Aquilini is influencing the player roster decisions in terms of players and coach hiring decisions.

Some co-workers told me that they used to work for this dude in the past. He's got a big ego because all his success in running his other business lines like real estate development and blueberry farms tells him that he knows how to build a profitable NHL team that can win a championship.

They tell me he's a sleazebag in terms of his treatment of workers. Do a google search of his blueberry farms in Langley and you'll find a host of Worksafe BC violations.

We got a Canucks owner that I think micromanages the team in terms of player and coaching decisions because he thinks his success in the business world, despite his mistreatment of workers, means he knows a thing or two about building a championship contender.

MG keeps talking about a rebuild, a "bold move". Who says it's just Gillis who is mainly responsible for this team's performance?

Aquaman and MG messed up this team! Either Aquaman changes his ways of running this team or I hope that a billionaire who lets a good GM run the team buys the Canucks. That's a proper reset for the Canucks.
Need new GM ... Owner is puppet master ...

What is the point of getting a new GM if the owner is a puppet master?
Jmac is offline  
Old 03-24-2014, 05:18 PM   #13544
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!
 
DanHibiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 6,856
Thanked 4,386 Times in 1,145 Posts
Lol right when the Sedins started to play better..:
Posted via RS Mobile
DanHibiki is offline  
Old 03-24-2014, 05:43 PM   #13545
...in the world.
 
Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Richmond
Posts: 28,460
Thanked 7,646 Times in 2,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
Henrik out 2 weeks lulz

@renlavoietva
Henrik Sedin (lower body) should be out for 2 weeks. #canucks #tvasports
GOOD.

Sit for the year and get healthy, stupid.

AND LOSE. GODDAMMIT, LOSE ALREADY.

I've never wanted the Canucks to lose more than now.
__________________
- edeats.com <-- my food blog
- edlau|photo <-- photos
- Instagram <-- moar photos
Ronin is offline  
This post thanked by:
Old 03-24-2014, 06:42 PM   #13546
(╯□)╯聽不到 ╮(□╮)
 
Tim Budong's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: The Womb
Posts: 16,812
Thanked 10,865 Times in 2,127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanHibiki View Post
Lol right when a Sedin started to play better..:
Posted via RS Mobile
Tim Budong is offline  
Old 03-24-2014, 06:50 PM   #13547
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS
 
Renthal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Victoria
Posts: 1,509
Thanked 935 Times in 209 Posts
man watching the montreal boston game.. montreal up 1 - 0 in the 3rd with 15 left.. refs are just handing boston powerplay's..
calling the weakest calls against montreal.
strong bias
Renthal is offline  
Old 03-24-2014, 06:58 PM   #13548
CPE
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 154
Thanked 113 Times in 27 Posts
For what its worth, the coyotes lost in OT
CPE is offline  
Old 03-24-2014, 07:01 PM   #13549
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001
 
Jmac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Duncan, BC
Posts: 8,168
Thanked 3,841 Times in 1,436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPE View Post
For what its worth, the coyotes lost in OT
We needed them to lose in regulation.
Jmac is offline  
Old 03-24-2014, 07:12 PM   #13550
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001
 
Mike Oxbig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 9,142
Thanked 2,533 Times in 904 Posts
Our core players are injured and yet u guys are still pushing them to win useless games.

Look at it as each lost can potentially get you a better prospect.
Mike Oxbig is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net