REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2014, 07:48 PM   #13826
rsx
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once
 
rsx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 6,223
Thanked 3,381 Times in 805 Posts
It's that kind of year. Kass injured =/
Advertisement
rsx is offline  
Old 04-01-2014, 07:48 PM   #13827
Need to Seek Professional Help
 
OGCStrike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Coquitlam
Posts: 1,087
Thanked 632 Times in 178 Posts
kassian hurt... well then
OGCStrike is offline  
Old 04-01-2014, 07:52 PM   #13828
RS controls my life!
 
slicrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NHL thread
Posts: 794
Thanked 1,213 Times in 258 Posts

Brutal hit
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 604STIG View Post
Is Surrey our Florida?
slicrick is offline  
Old 04-01-2014, 07:56 PM   #13829
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
RiceIntegraRS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,241
Thanked 625 Times in 246 Posts
On a brighter note, the Canucks have 4 Prospects in the top 10 in Playoff scoring atm.

1# Dane Fox GP5 G6 A6 PTS12
T4# Cole Cassels GP4 G2 A7 PTS9
T7# Bo Horvat GP4 G4 A4 PTS8
T7# Brendan Gaunce GP5 G4 A4 PTS8
RiceIntegraRS is offline  
Old 04-01-2014, 08:16 PM   #13830
Revscene.net has a homepage?!
 
figure.09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,229
Thanked 181 Times in 27 Posts
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
__________________
07 Mazda 3 GT
95 Integra GSR
figure.09 is offline  
Old 04-01-2014, 08:50 PM   #13831
rebuild you say?
 
Not really racist!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 11,150
Thanked 3,532 Times in 1,172 Posts
This coaching staff sucks hard at player management

Hansen 4:36
Shredder 3:06
Tostitos 2:54 (this is justifiable)

At least Jensen has ice time... and isn't buried on the fourth line
Probably wont get benched for the whole third period again
__________________

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline  
Old 04-01-2014, 08:54 PM   #13832
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001
 
Jmac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Duncan, BC
Posts: 8,168
Thanked 3,841 Times in 1,436 Posts
TSN in 1st intermission: Torts should get a free pass because of injuries
TSN in 2nd intermission: Kesler has had a rough year because Torts is overplaying him and getting him to block more shots

Dat logic
Jmac is offline  
Old 04-01-2014, 08:57 PM   #13833
rebuild you say?
 
Not really racist!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 11,150
Thanked 3,532 Times in 1,172 Posts
Huge bias and stirring shit about Torts getting fired too
Personal opinion, "I think" = truth now

same guys that said Tavares wants out of NYI

__________________

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline  
Old 04-01-2014, 09:15 PM   #13834
RS controls my life!
 
slicrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NHL thread
Posts: 794
Thanked 1,213 Times in 258 Posts
St Louis, finally!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 604STIG View Post
Is Surrey our Florida?
slicrick is offline  
Old 04-01-2014, 09:23 PM   #13835
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001
 
Mike Oxbig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 9,142
Thanked 2,533 Times in 904 Posts
With the 6th overall the Vancouver Canucks selects.............
Mike Oxbig is offline  
Old 04-01-2014, 09:30 PM   #13836
i like gifs
 
Ch28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: imgur
Posts: 26,104
Thanked 6,734 Times in 2,289 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slicrick View Post
St Louis, finally!
Motherfucker does jack shit when I trade for him and now he's scoring AFTER I get bounced because him and Richards did jack shit over the past 2 weeks

Ch28 is offline  
This post thanked by:
Old 04-01-2014, 09:37 PM   #13837
(╯□)╯聽不到 ╮(□╮)
 
Tim Budong's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: The Womb
Posts: 16,812
Thanked 10,861 Times in 2,126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
Motherfucker does jack shit when I trade for him and now he's scoring AFTER I get bounced because him and Richards did jack shit over the past 2 weeks

SOLD ST.LOUIS TO THIS GUY
DIDN'T COME BACK AND KICK MY ASS IN PLAYOFFS


I think thats a win for me

sucker
now that draft pick looking a lot better
Tim Budong is online now  
Old 04-01-2014, 09:52 PM   #13838
I don't get it
 
cow20xx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: vancouver
Posts: 409
Thanked 84 Times in 40 Posts
So are we mathematically out of the playoff yet?
Posted via RS Mobile
cow20xx is offline  
Old 04-01-2014, 09:55 PM   #13839
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001
 
Mike Oxbig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 9,142
Thanked 2,533 Times in 904 Posts
Mike Oxbig is offline  
This post thanked by:
Old 04-01-2014, 09:57 PM   #13840
Throw yo paws in da air!
 
XplicitLuder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: State of Trance
Posts: 5,033
Thanked 2,721 Times in 934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cow20xx View Post
So are we mathematically out of the playoff yet?
Posted via RS Mobile
not for the last spot, but with common sense yes we are. but the numbers dont say it..just yet
__________________

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts


2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
XplicitLuder is offline  
Old 04-01-2014, 10:12 PM   #13841
RS controls my life!
 
slicrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NHL thread
Posts: 794
Thanked 1,213 Times in 258 Posts


fucking scumbag Burrows
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 604STIG View Post
Is Surrey our Florida?
slicrick is offline  
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-01-2014, 11:03 PM   #13842
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001
 
Jmac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Duncan, BC
Posts: 8,168
Thanked 3,841 Times in 1,436 Posts
Because, as everyone knows, you can't deliver a body check to a player who is being checked by another player ...

Shall we outlaw body checking or just outlaw Burrows?
Jmac is offline  
Old 04-01-2014, 11:06 PM   #13843
MOD
 
Gh0stRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: VANCOUVER
Posts: 26,507
Thanked 7,099 Times in 1,842 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdoh View Post
is stubhub a reliable site to buy tickets?? im looking for two tickets on April 7
yup, bought my tickets for games in florida, chicago, new york and montreal off that site.
__________________
M0D3RAT0R

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback


Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline  
Old 04-02-2014, 12:26 AM   #13844
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
m3thods's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 3,114
Thanked 1,041 Times in 586 Posts
I noticed that watching the gif replay, Burrows does get his hands up.

But when McDonagh gets hit to begin with, I really doubt Burrows was thinking head-shot. It looks to me like it just came about that way since Kassian pushes him into Burrows.

Plus McDonagh was holding his shoulder, and didn't appear to be hit in the head (instant-pain reaction, cradling shoulder, etc).

Not sure why you're calling him a scumbag.
m3thods is offline  
Old 04-02-2014, 12:47 AM   #13845
My homepage has been set to RS
 
trancehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,362
Thanked 742 Times in 363 Posts
gdoh: try seatgeek.com

it is more comprehensive.
__________________
Quote:

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
trancehead is offline  
Old 04-02-2014, 01:06 AM   #13846
Big Drama Show
 
jayare604's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Goodboy Nation
Posts: 5,733
Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slicrick View Post


fucking scumbag Burrows
lol what a fucking piece of shitty shit

how dare that fucking kunt finish his check? FUCK HIM

10 game suspension pl0x
jayare604 is offline  
This post thanked by:
Old 04-02-2014, 06:11 AM   #13847
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Abbotsford
Posts: 2,539
Thanked 1,214 Times in 388 Posts
Watching that gif over and over, its good that he brought his hands up. If he used his shoulder it woulda burried his head into the glass.

Not a major in my eyes..
cdizzle_996 is offline  
Old 04-02-2014, 07:00 AM   #13848
RS controls my life!
 
slicrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NHL thread
Posts: 794
Thanked 1,213 Times in 258 Posts
Burrows blindsides him but that's McDonagh's fault for putting himself into that position

however Burrows gets his hands up around the head, better than driving the shoulder into the head

NY may of lost arguably the best player aside from Lundqvist just a few games before the playoffs, is it fair to say if the Canucks had lost Kesler or another one of their star players to a hit like that in the last few seconds of a game on the verge of going into the playoffs on a hit like that, you as a Canucks fan would be upset also?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 604STIG View Post
Is Surrey our Florida?
slicrick is offline  
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-02-2014, 08:00 AM   #13849
x_x
 
jdmhaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 943
Thanked 565 Times in 195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slicrick View Post
Burrows blindsides him but that's McDonagh's fault for putting himself into that position
How is that McDonagh's fault? What could he have done differently? He didn't change his position prior to going in the boards, he actually went in the safest possible way.

Burrows made a poor decision, but i dont think its as bad as it looks.
jdmhaze is offline  
This post thanked by:
Old 04-02-2014, 08:01 AM   #13850
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
m3thods's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 3,114
Thanked 1,041 Times in 586 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slicrick View Post
Burrows blindsides him but that's McDonagh's fault for putting himself into that position

however Burrows gets his hands up around the head, better than driving the shoulder into the head

NY may of lost arguably the best player aside from Lundqvist just a few games before the playoffs, is it fair to say if the Canucks had lost Kesler or another one of their star players to a hit like that in the last few seconds of a game on the verge of going into the playoffs on a hit like that, you as a Canucks fan would be upset also?
If McDonagh put himself in that position as you say (I disagree because he was getting hit already by Kassian, but semantics), then Burrows couldn't have blindsided him. If you're on the boards retrieving the puck and your shoulder is facing the boards, if you don't see a person straight-on you can expect to get hit from the side. Not much blindsiding can happen in that case.

Yeah of course I'd be upset, but that's hockey. There's no "hey guys take it easy out there because the other team is in the playoffs and we're not. Wish them the best" mentality for any team in the NHL, playoff-bound or not. Athletes in professional leagues are the most competitive people out of a pool of the most competitive people on the planet. You'd be naive to think that teams would just let up because the playoffs are around the corner for the team you're playing against.

I'd give that thought a pass if Burrows was so clearly head-hunting. But in this case he happened to hit a guy already in the process of being hit. It wasn't a devastating hit like that dumbass Murray, but McDonagh was hurt on the play. Shit happens.
m3thods is offline  
This post thanked by:
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net