REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 05:20 PM   #2276
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
Now we just need Raymond to re-sign and our "reset" will be complete

Hopefully that ~3mil can go towards a good veteran
Advertisement

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Old 08-22-2013, 05:59 PM   #2277
I don't get it

lets just say this is a different take on the spin o rama

This post thanked by:
Old 08-22-2013, 06:18 PM   #2278
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
If Canucks suddenly vanished and didn't exist anymore... I probably can say I would quit watching hockey. And just rely on some good YouTube clips of "awesome hockey" highlights.

I would definitely still play it, but as a spectator, probably only reason I even watch is home town pride.

Don't get me wrong, I find hockey in general entertaining. But to have a reason to actually commit time to watch a full game for a team I have no ties to and have no reason to cheer for is probably not something I'll do.
Posted via RS Mobile
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-22-2013, 07:22 PM   #2279
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Whitecaps experience for $20 is head and shoulders above a $200 seat at Rogers arena on some no show night and I do not like soccer

Resigning Alberts and Tanev, so another year with an older core, same shit different year :/

Maybe I'll become the resident Blackhawks fan
Posted via RS Mobile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodnarb View Post
^ Hey, to each their own but IMO that would be pretty lame if you did.

Sure, you can appreciate what another team brings to the table, and it's easy (too easy IMO) to cheer for a successful team a'la Redwings (sorry Gh0st, even though not of late), instant Heat fans etc, whatever the sport..

If you're a true fan, you stick with em. No flip flopping for another team when they're winning championships. Maybe I'm loyal to a fault, but I would rather be loyal than jump ship when the going gets tough.
Honda makes a very valid point.

I've been to a few Whitecaps games and can say that they're 10x more entertaining because the crowd and atmosphere is significantly better.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-22-2013, 07:33 PM   #2280
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Too bad the sport itself is pretty gruelling to watch
This post thanked by:
Old 08-22-2013, 07:44 PM   #2281
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,346 Times in 5,651 Posts
its about the fan experience i guess, had the privilege to go to so many Nucks games over the past 10 years that the whole thing has lost its luster i guess, fighting the crowds in the corridors of Rogers Arena, commuting, $9 beers, makes me prefer to watch an HD feed at home quiet with some buddies or alone with my feet up

Until this year I had never been to a Mariners game, went to a saturday matinee with my GF against the yankee's in July and i was completely blown away by the presentation and the overall experience, i know safeco is considered to be amongst the best parks in the whole MLB, but i was literally astounded to how awesome the whole product was, and at a very reasonable price. I dont think it would be an exageration to say it was one of the more enjoyable sporting events i've been to.

Obviously i joke when i say i'll turn to a Hawks fan, anyone in this thread knows i'm as passionate as they come about the Canucks but my interest weans when i can read the writing on the wall. I watch enough hockey to know other teams pretty well, to know the league as a whole pretty well, and sure with pro sports you can always say "Anything can happen" but can it? :/ if i was a betting man, and i am lol i'd probably bet on not at this point
Old 08-22-2013, 07:48 PM   #2282
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
^^ Couldn't agree more. I'd rather be at home where the booze is plentiful and the bathroom is never full.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:57 PM   #2283
Big Drama Show

Quote:
its about the fan experience i guess, had the privilege to go to so many Nucks games over the past 10 years that the whole thing has lost its luster i guess, fighting the crowds in the corridors of Rogers Arena, commuting, $9 beers, makes me prefer to watch an HD feed at home quiet with some buddies or alone with my feet up

Until this year I had never been to a Mariners game, went to a saturday matinee with my GF against the yankee's in July and i was completely blown away by the presentation and the overall experience, i know safeco is considered to be amongst the best parks in the whole MLB, but i was literally astounded to how awesome the whole product was, and at a very reasonable price. I dont think it would be an exageration to say it was one of the more enjoyable sporting events i've been to.

Obviously i joke when i say i'll turn to a Hawks fan, anyone in this thread knows i'm as passionate as they come about the Canucks but my interest weans when i can read the writing on the wall. I watch enough hockey to know other teams pretty well, to know the league as a whole pretty well, and sure with pro sports you can always say "Anything can happen" but can it? :/ if i was a betting man, and i am lol i'd probably bet on not at this point
You don't gotta lie to kick it, brah
Old 08-22-2013, 08:13 PM   #2284

was actually with the BF, secrets out
Old 08-22-2013, 08:28 PM   #2285
Big Drama Show

Quote:
can confirm, I was BF
Old 08-22-2013, 10:09 PM   #2286
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Quote:

If you can play, you can play.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-23-2013, 07:34 AM   #2287

Thanked 7,191 Times in 2,411 Posts
Wooo Canucks news.

Quote:
@tsnjamesduthie 4m
About to surpass my entire summer's tweet total in a 5-minute span so bear with me...
Quote:
@strombone1 3m
@tsnjamesduthie *grabs popcorn*
Quote:
@tsnjamesduthie 3m
The summer of silence is over. Roberto Luongo's first interview since the Schneider trade tonight/tomorrow on Sportscentre (6et) #TSN
Quote:
@tsnjamesduthie 2m
Luongo will report to Canucks training camp, and says he is extremely motivated, but remains uncertain about his future in Van.
Quote:
@tsnjamesduthie 1m
Luongo: "I had moved on from Vancouver and was ready to start fresh somewhere else...like a divorce...except she wanted me back."
Quote:
@tsnjamesduthie 22s
Luongo also talks about breaking down after not being dealt at deadline and "blacking out" when he learned VAN had traded Schneider.
Quote:
@tsnjamesduthie 16s
Luongo also reveals that in May he had serious talks with the NHLPA about the possibility of voiding his deal and walking away from 40m.
Pretty crazy how much it affected him... Dunno how he can find the will to come back and play at 100% after all that.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback

Last edited by sonick; 08-23-2013 at 07:40 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-23-2013, 07:44 AM   #2288

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Quote:
@tsnjamesduthie
Luongo also talks about breaking down after not being dealt at deadline and "blacking out" when he learned VAN had traded Schneider.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:45 AM   #2289
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,583 Times in 4,299 Posts
He's a pro and will be fine. Once he's with the boys and gets on the ice he will forget about the BS and just play hockey.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:02 AM   #2290
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,044 Times in 2,077 Posts
The move does put a lot of unfair pressure on Lu. If he doesn't perform, he's going to live in a City where everyone is talking about "MG should have kept Schneider and done whatever it took to get rid of Lu, FIRE HIM" (I'm sure a handful of posters in this thread are licking their chops at the prospect of this happening )

Even if Schneider doesn't perform well, people will make excuses for him and blame team depth etc. and say he would've flourished here with Alberts and Tanev clearing the crease.

I hope Lu does well and the local love for him continues, but if he falters... shit is gonna hit the fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
This post thanked by:
Old 08-23-2013, 08:03 AM   #2291

Lol can picture him sitting at home in FLA watching bettman coming to the podium saying Corey was traded
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 08-23-2013, 08:47 AM   #2292
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,074 Times in 1,184 Posts
Wow imagine that... thinking of walking away from $40M!

Fortunately that won't ever happen to me.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Old 08-23-2013, 09:37 AM   #2293

Thanked 3,496 Times in 1,693 Posts
Lu's interview today at 3pm is one of the rare times that I'll want to watch the Toronto Sports Network on a Friday afternoon.

One co-worker told me he might even ask his spouse to record Lu's talk with Duthie using the PVR.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:08 AM   #2294
Big Drama Show

MG dun goofed
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 08-23-2013, 10:13 AM   #2295
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
Wow imagine that... thinking of walking away from $40M!

Fortunately that won't ever happen to me.
It's a hell of a lot easier when you know you'll make most/all of it back elsewhere
Old 08-23-2013, 10:44 AM   #2296
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
Would be so lulsy if Lu plays awesome this season and then we still come short and then he requests a trade as per the clause in his contract

Posted via RS Mobile
Old 08-23-2013, 11:47 AM   #2297
Banned By Establishment

40 Million living and playing professional hockey in Vancouver. I would take that in a second, he is selfish.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:58 AM   #2298
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 1,289 Times in 409 Posts
He isnt selfish, he is playing the sport he loves. He has been fucked around by the people he works for. Its tough to work for people that fuck you around. Money isnt everything.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-23-2013, 12:21 PM   #2299
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
This is a prime example of how money cannot buy you real happiness.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
Old 08-23-2013, 01:34 PM   #2300
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman-19 View Post
He isnt selfish, he is playing the sport he loves. He has been fucked around by the people he works for. Its tough to work for people that fuck you around. Money isnt everything.
First Bure and now Luongo. How many more superstars will the Canucks drive out of Vancouver? Doesn't help that the journalists in Vancouver are so clueless about what they are writing they redefine brain dead.
Closed Thread