REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 06:33 PM   #8276
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
I always thought those flybys are paid for by sports leagues. Lol, what a stupid waste of tax payer money if the government was just throwing in flybys for free!
Advertisement
Old 01-02-2014, 06:37 PM   #8277
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Earl View Post
Lol seems like the Russian player did the alligator chomp to team USA as if the Russians ate them?

Rather cheer for Russia than USA hockey any day.
He's motioning for someone to shut their mouth.
Old 01-02-2014, 07:14 PM   #8278
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,486 Times in 1,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthchilli View Post
Bobby Ryan is pissed...lots of people defending him

heres an article

Y! SPORTS
It's more like Bobby Ryan is pissed at Brian Burke's negative assessment of his hockey skills in front of the Team USA executives in order to hurt his chances of making the team roster. Basically, he said that Ryan is only good as a sniper, not a third line checker or shut down player. -also questioned his intensity as a hockey player.

I don't get it. Didn't Burkie draft Ryan as Anaheim Duck? Now Burkie says this stuff about Ryan:

"I think we have to know what we're taking with Bobby," says Burke, who had him in Anaheim when the Ducks won the Stanley Cup in 2007.

"He's a passive guy," Burke says. And over 82 games, yes, Saad and or Pacioretty might be more attractive than Ryan. But Ryan's a game-breaker.

"He is not intense. That word is not in his vocabulary," Burke says. "It's never going to be in his vocabulary. He can't spell intense."

If he's not going to be put in a role in which he can score an important goal, use his skills as a sniper, he shouldn't go, Burke says.

How the U.S. hockey team bound for the Sochi Olympics was named - ESPN
Old 01-02-2014, 07:51 PM   #8279
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,193 Times in 2,275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
It's more like Bobby Ryan is pissed at Brian Burke's negative assessment of his hockey skills in front of the Team USA executives in order to hurt his chances of making the team roster. Basically, he said that Ryan is only good as a sniper, not a third line checker or shut down player. -also questioned his intensity as a hockey player.

I don't get it. Didn't Burkie draft Ryan as Anaheim Duck? Now Burkie says this stuff about Ryan:

"I think we have to know what we're taking with Bobby," says Burke, who had him in Anaheim when the Ducks won the Stanley Cup in 2007.

"He's a passive guy," Burke says. And over 82 games, yes, Saad and or Pacioretty might be more attractive than Ryan. But Ryan's a game-breaker.

"He is not intense. That word is not in his vocabulary," Burke says. "It's never going to be in his vocabulary. He can't spell intense."

If he's not going to be put in a role in which he can score an important goal, use his skills as a sniper, he shouldn't go, Burke says.

How the U.S. hockey team bound for the Sochi Olympics was named - ESPN
He did, but Burkie did state that he wanted Jack Johnson, but the scouts wanted Bobby Ryan

Has Bobby Ryan improved his game in the past 4 years? I'd say yes. Looks like Burke had more to say than anything.

Yandle is another guy that I felt should have made it anyways.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:01 PM   #8280
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,233 Times in 266 Posts
I would rather Yandle over Johnson and both over Faulk, not trashing Faulk but IMO both are better
Old 01-02-2014, 09:00 PM   #8281
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,312 Times in 5,633 Posts
should go to Calgary and score a hatty than give the finger up to the GM's box
Old 01-02-2014, 09:40 PM   #8282
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

still questioning why no Yandle

I understand that they don't want someone too offensive, but thats why theres a pairing of d-men. the risk is worth it, just look at Yandle's past few goals.

member of the "Go To Jail For BoA Anytime Crew"
URA RENGE - Taijutsu Master of the Hidden Revscene Village

{o,o} ......ya rly!
/)__)
-"-"-
PSN: AznAlien
Old 01-02-2014, 09:47 PM   #8283
F3
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayare604 View Post
Damn, he was that big right handed power forward who would've been a perfect fit with the Sedins
Posted via RS Mobile
He's not even a right handed shot....
Old 01-02-2014, 10:10 PM   #8284
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,005 Times in 231 Posts
Zenon konopka placed on waivers.. Isn't he unreal at face offs?
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 01-02-2014, 10:16 PM   #8285
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renthal View Post
Zenon konopka placed on waivers.. Isn't he unreal at face offs?
Posted via RS Mobile
He also can't skate, sucks defensively, and has next to no offensive skill.

Basically Ryan Johnson except he fights instead of blocking shots
Old 01-02-2014, 10:20 PM   #8286
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
maybe they just watched mircle and was like "yeaaa! kurt russell is right! it's not about the best players but the right players!"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
Old 01-02-2014, 10:26 PM   #8287
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

So..for anyone that watches Squire on Global, the sportsaction question tonight is "What team originally drafted Martin St Louis?" Since I didn't know the answer I googled it. Turns out it was Calgary Flames. LOLZ
Posted via RS Mobile
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-02-2014, 10:29 PM   #8288
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,383 Times in 5,083 Posts
Obviously we can't predict the future here (we all have to eat it if USA ends up winning) but I read that article and I see quotes indicating that a room full of grown men/hockey executives fell silent in agreement when Brian Burke said he had a dream about someone (Seth Jones, but it doesn't matter) giving the puck away for a medal losing goal........ and that's one of the main reasons that person gets cut from the team... I mean, come on, really? That's just stupidity. I sometimes felt like I was listening in on a room full of junior high girls at a sleepover talking about who to date at school reading that article.
Old 01-02-2014, 11:28 PM   #8289

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6thGear. View Post
So..for anyone that watches Squire on Global, the sportsaction question tonight is "What team originally drafted Martin St Louis?" Since I didn't know the answer I googled it. Turns out it was Calgary Flames. LOLZ
Posted via RS Mobile
St. Louis was undrafted. After college, he was offered a PTO by Ottawa, but was released and signed in the IHL. Calgary signed him midway through that season.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-03-2014, 06:54 AM   #8290

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
"GM David Poile confesses on the Nov. 25 conference call that he had a dream that defenseman Jack Johnson wasn't named to the squad. Poile was wracked with angst, believing they'd made a horrible mistake.

Later, as a counterpoint, Brian Burke says he'd had a dream the U.S. team lost a medal game because of a mistake made by 19-year-old rookie defenseman Seth Jones."

fucken lol'd hard
Old 01-03-2014, 08:45 AM   #8291
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,308 Times in 1,776 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
"GM David Poile confesses on the Nov. 25 conference call that he had a dream that defenseman Jack Johnson wasn't named to the squad. Poile was wracked with angst, believing they'd made a horrible mistake.

Later, as a counterpoint, Brian Burke says he'd had a dream the U.S. team lost a medal game because of a mistake made by 19-year-old rookie defenseman Seth Jones."

fucken lol'd hard
Yo bro, dreams come true and are premonitions.

Emma Watson is going to be on my bed real soon. I can feel it.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
This post thanked by:
Old 01-03-2014, 10:29 AM   #8292
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

and now poile says he's sorry for burke's comment....ha!
Old 01-03-2014, 10:36 AM   #8293
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,486 Times in 1,686 Posts
Any news on when Team Russia will announce its final roster?

I'm not picking the Americans to win Olympic Gold. Oh Canada, I'm sticking with the defending champs!

The team that is the biggest threat to us is the home team Russians. We kicked their asses 7-3 in the 2010 Olympics. I think they're gonna want to give us some payback for that loss.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:39 AM   #8294
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Here's the thing about Ryan, it wasn't only Burke who questioned having him on the team, if you read Burnsides full article, a number of the executives raised their hand when asked if they had issues with Ryan on the team. So it seems that a number of hockey execs viewed Ryan as lazy and poor skater who if not on your top 6, can't do much for you.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:52 AM   #8295
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Buffalo picked up Konopka
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 01-03-2014, 11:10 AM   #8296
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,308 Times in 1,776 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandmaster TSE View Post
Buffalo picked up Konopka
Posted via RS Mobile
That'll surely solve all their problems.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
This post thanked by:
Old 01-03-2014, 11:25 AM   #8297
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
That'll surely solve all their problems.
At this point the Sabres just need warm NHL bodies, them and their AHL club Rochester have been hit with a number of injuries to their forwards and the most likely NHL call up Luke Adam is away dealing with a family issue. Before claiming ZK, Sabres only have 11 healthy forwards up with the club and Rochester is scrambling to field enough healthy players to dress.

Lafontaine and Nolan also wanted a veteran guy around the young guys and Zenon is reportedly a great teammate and will help the Sabres with faceoffs. Sabres will likely move Ott, Stafford and maybe Miller by the deadline, so a veteran like Zenon would be good to have around all the young kids. He's also from the area too, grew up about 30 mins away and his family is all in the Buffalo area still.

Last edited by 7seven; 01-03-2014 at 11:33 AM.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:41 AM   #8298
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7seven View Post
Here's the thing about Ryan, it wasn't only Burke who questioned having him on the team, if you read Burnsides full article, a number of the executives raised their hand when asked if they had issues with Ryan on the team. So it seems that a number of hockey execs viewed Ryan as lazy and poor skater who if not on your top 6, can't do much for you.
this kinda reminds me when we traded a goal scorer Hodgson who wasn't ur typical 3rd line checking guy and we acquired Palhsson who was the the typical 3rd line checker. We all know the outcome to that. And I believe the same fate will happen to the Americans come Sochi. And tthere's no way Kesler stays on the 1st for the Americans. I don't think he's good enough
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 01-03-2014, 11:52 AM   #8299
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,312 Times in 5,633 Posts
Who takes the spot over Kesler? There isn't much depth in talent for the Americans
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 01-03-2014, 11:59 AM   #8300

Thanked 3,060 Times in 1,180 Posts
When discussing players, shit will be said. The biggest mistake the execs for team USA made was letting the media in on their discussions.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Closed Thread