REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 03:32 PM   #12076
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FS1992EG View Post
I am looking for management to look at that draft and make deals to aquire a higher draft position.

Playing like shit doesn't make our players highly valuable. It decreases their value.
They won't get the number 1 pick unless they win the lottery. The Canucks have no Crosby waiting in the minors to trade in a package for the 2015 number 1 pick. And MG can offer to trade the entire team to whoever holds the number 1 pick in 2015. He's not going to get it.
Advertisement
Old 03-05-2014, 03:37 PM   #12077
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Tank it.... we still have a chance to make it to bottom 5.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_NHL_Entry_Draft
Old 03-05-2014, 04:40 PM   #12078
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,510 Times in 4,902 Posts
Too bad we can't trade owners, LOL.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-05-2014, 04:57 PM   #12079
nah
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
Too bad we can't trade owners, LOL.
From one owner that didn't do enough and was a shadow to the fans to one that meddles in the day to day operations.

Why can't we have one that's just a fan and lets the hockey people they hire do their job?
Old 03-05-2014, 05:57 PM   #12080
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 1,289 Times in 409 Posts
Quote:
Kesler somehow went from god status/captain material to a useless and overrated guy who should be on the first plane out of town after the season. Edler, top 10 in dman points during the regular season, is everybodys new favourite scapegoat and apparently a completely worthless defenseman.

Vancouver has the worst fans in the nhl. Yea... we care about hockey, and we are passioniate, but we are also high maintenance, stuck up, and un-supportive. We are the only team in the playoffs who goes dead silent when losing, and boo's our own team instead of cheering like crazy to try to swing momentum if its not going their way.
Who said he was useless and over-rated? We wanted to trade him because his stock is high, he has a wicked contract and we can get a good return of younger players.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-05-2014, 06:05 PM   #12081
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by XplicitLuder View Post
They wanna push to make playoffs and they think they can with Kesler. But makes no sense when trading luongo basically says we are going to rebuild.
Posted via RS Mobile
As mentioned it can be a pretty quick rebuild... Canucks went from spending almost 10M cap hit on their goalies to well under half of that. I don't think Aquaman or MG really think they can make any noise in the playoffs, IF they make it, but if they do at least its 2 guaranteed home games worth of revenue. But then again they did have to blow out their playoff tickets last year to get them to sell... Then they liberate Kesler in the summer and get say a prospect and roster player back to get younger and once again save some money. Creates some space on the roster for up and comers too

Quote:
Originally Posted by nah View Post
Schneider was a proven commodity.
We can say that now, maybe, but that's debateable as well last season when the trade was made. What if Schneider went the way of Dubnyk, or any number of young goalies who showed promise in their first year or two and then completely fell apart. Should also note Schneider started this season fairly slow, but his game seems to have come back.

Quote:
We are the only team in the playoffs who goes dead silent when losing, and boo's our own team instead of cheering like crazy to try to swing momentum if its not going their way.
Sounds like you've only seen games in Vancouver

Quote:
I am only interested in one player. Connor McDavid!
So what if going all in for McDavid fails and some other team gets him?

Quote:
Dreaming is apart of life...If you give up on your dreams, wtf is the point?
If the Canucks win the cup, my dreams will come true!!one111!!!!one Then I will still have to go to work the next day, do the dishes at home, get raped at the gas station, etc etc. I'll save my dreams for things other than 'entertainment' that the Canucks are supposed to provide, kthxbye
This post thanked by:
Old 03-05-2014, 06:07 PM   #12082
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman-19 View Post
Who said he was useless and over-rated? We wanted to trade him because his stock is high, he has a wicked contract and we can get a good return of younger players.
And the minor detail of him not wanting to play here...
Old 03-05-2014, 06:16 PM   #12083

Lol will the NHL even let Vancouver to take the 1st overall for McDavid, if we are consider bottom 3 team next season?
Old 03-05-2014, 06:31 PM   #12084
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,193 Times in 2,275 Posts
Whatever it is...this "rebuild" isn't happening until GMMG is gone. Rebuild, beginning with Management
Old 03-05-2014, 07:04 PM   #12085
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
As mentioned it can be a pretty quick rebuild... Canucks went from spending almost 10M cap hit on their goalies to well under half of that. I don't think Aquaman or MG really think they can make any noise in the playoffs, IF they make it, but if they do at least its 2 guaranteed home games worth of revenue. But then again they did have to blow out their playoff tickets last year to get them to sell... Then they liberate Kesler in the summer and get say a prospect and roster player back to get younger and once again save some money. Creates some space on the roster for up and comers too

We can say that now, maybe, but that's debateable as well last season when the trade was made. What if Schneider went the way of Dubnyk, or any number of young goalies who showed promise in their first year or two and then completely fell apart. Should also note Schneider started this season fairly slow, but his game seems to have come back.

Sounds like you've only seen games in Vancouver

So what if going all in for McDavid fails and some other team gets him?

If the Canucks win the cup, my dreams will come true!!one111!!!!one Then I will still have to go to work the next day, do the dishes at home, get raped at the gas station, etc etc. I'll save my dreams for things other than 'entertainment' that the Canucks are supposed to provide, kthxbye
Dubnyk was never comparable to Schneider nor was he ever considered proven nor did he ever show promise.

Schneider has been a top goalie at every level of hockey he has ever played at, including the NHL. 3 consecutive seasons of .927 SV% or better including 1 as a starter and the other two as a heavily-played backup. Besides the stats, many goaltending experts have proclaimed him as the most technically-sound goaltender in the league.

And what slow start? He's allowed more than 3 goals TWICE this season and one of those games was 2 days ago and the other was in late-December.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:54 PM   #12086

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Earl View Post
Lol will the NHL even let Vancouver to take the 1st overall for McDavid, if we are consider bottom 3 team next season?
lol this. The Count will get his way and Vancouver will not get the first overall pick.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:08 PM   #12087
MG1

Just think of all the local talent that we could have had over the years. Fuck these euro and russian players. Put together a team of hard hitting Canadians, LOLOLOL. A true "Canucks" team.

Also, a winning team does not have to be full of highly paid stars and first rounders. Just look at the Seahawks. Guts and determination. Not a single first round draft pick or a player who has Superbowl experience. I'm not into NFL football, but it seems the team was the little engine that could.

Quote:
“It’s such a blessing,” Sherman said after all the furor died down. “It’s such an unbelievable opportunity for a bunch of nobodies. A bunch of guys who … fifth-rounders, sixth-rounders, undrafted. Guys who have come together like a family and played for one another. It’s a fairytale story that you really couldn’t write any better.”
Would love to see that here in Vancouver.

Old 03-05-2014, 08:15 PM   #12088
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Wouldn't it be funny if the florida franchise moves to seattle...lou will be shutting us out every game..,
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 03-05-2014, 08:24 PM   #12089
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseBlue View Post
Wouldn't it be funny if the florida franchise moves to seattle...lou will be shutting us out every game..,
Posted via RS Mobile
Seattle is more likely to get an expansion team.

Expansion fees >>>>>> relocation fees

Relocations will likely go to less affluent markets, not billionaire-rich Washington state.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:30 PM   #12090
MG1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseBlue View Post
Posted via RS Mobile
Bwahahahahahahaha............ luigi's precious, spoilt little wifey would just lose it, LOLOLOLOLOL.

Trade palm trees for Sequoia's.

Old 03-05-2014, 08:51 PM   #12091
God of Unce

Old 03-05-2014, 08:53 PM   #12092

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthchilli View Post
Whatever it is...this "rebuild" isn't happening until GMMG is gone. Rebuild, beginning with Management
I still remember you saying you will get a [NHLteam] Luongo jersey if he gets traded.

Old 03-05-2014, 09:31 PM   #12093

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
Just think of all the local talent that we could have had over the years. Fuck these euro and russian players. Put together a team of hard hitting Canadians, LOLOLOL. A true "Canucks" team.

Also, a winning team does not have to be full of highly paid stars and first rounders. Just look at the Seahawks. Guts and determination. Not a single first round draft pick or a player who has Superbowl experience. I'm not into NFL football, but it seems the team was the little engine that could.

Would love to see that here in Vancouver.
Unfortunately we don't have any elite superstars like Richard Sherman making Richard Sherman money. Better yet, we don't have a leader like Russell Wilson making Russel Wilson money. You could say the same about Earl Thomas, and....

I think you catch my drift. The 'Hawks are blessed with elite players are bargain prices. For the Canucks to get that, we need to draft and develop our young players to become stars in their entry level deals.

Oh wait..

Last edited by m3thods; 03-05-2014 at 10:00 PM.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:11 PM   #12094
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,193 Times in 2,275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Earl View Post
I still remember you saying you will get a [NHLteam] Luongo jersey if he gets traded.

u'll see

the home panthers jersey isn't all that bad
Old 03-05-2014, 10:13 PM   #12095
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

THIS is how you make a trade:

Old 03-05-2014, 10:30 PM   #12096

Fun fact: Hodgson has almost as much points this season as Zack Kassian does his entire NHL career so far.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 03-05-2014, 10:34 PM   #12097
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuff99 View Post
Fun fact: Hodgson has almost as much points this season as Zack Kassian does his entire NHL career so far.
Posted via RS Mobile
In for "but he's a power forward and they take longer to develop!!!!!"
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 03-05-2014, 10:43 PM   #12098
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,584 Times in 4,318 Posts
Pfftt...Kass has like 6 times more PIM though

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
Old 03-05-2014, 10:54 PM   #12099

There's our secondary scoring plus what we want to trade Kesler for... a young skilled centre.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:54 PM   #12100
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman-19 View Post

So.... sounds like he's the type of player we should be courting and retaining.

This is why I'm surprised why out of 2 players that wanted out, we are more eager to ditch Kesler than we were Luongo; We have/had 2 goalies who could put the same numbers as Luongo could; whereas Kesler, we're trading for "hopefulls" for someone who's arleady a sure thing.

Anyhow, I understand why Luongo is the last straw for some but for me, if Kesler goes... that'll be my personal line on the ground. No matter who we get back for Kesler, until we get rid of the Sedins and the culture they've cultivated within the team... re-tooling and/or rebuilding will yield little to no difference into the type of team we are, and will be IMO.

This team needs some nastiness; and a little bit of crazy here and there. As a fan, one can only hope. :/
Closed Thread