REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 10:55 PM   #12101
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthchilli View Post
u'll see

the home panthers jersey isn't all that bad

Advertisement
Old 03-05-2014, 11:17 PM   #12102
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
So.... sounds like he's the type of player we should be courting and retaining.

This is why I'm surprised why out of 2 players that wanted out, we are more eager to ditch Kesler than we were Luongo; We have/had 2 goalies who could put the same numbers as Luongo could; whereas Kesler, we're trading for "hopefulls" for someone who's arleady a sure thing.

Anyhow, I understand why Luongo is the last straw for some but for me, if Kesler goes... that'll be my personal line on the ground. No matter who we get back for Kesler, until we get rid of the Sedins and the culture they've cultivated within the team... re-tooling and/or rebuilding will yield little to no difference into the type of team we are, and will be IMO.

This team needs some nastiness; and a little bit of crazy here and there. As a fan, one can only hope. :/
I hate to say it but we did have that nastiness and bit of crazy when we had guys like lappy and Torres guys with Britt and could score big goals...and what did gillis do? Let them walk to replace them with garbage duds...fuck gillis!
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 03-05-2014, 11:18 PM   #12103
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
^ 100% my sentiments
This post thanked by:
Old 03-05-2014, 11:34 PM   #12104
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,984 Times in 1,689 Posts
I don't know why Canucks let Torres go. He filled his role perfectly, and was a big part of the Cup run. Lappy was good too, and was sad to see him go.

They both scored the GWG in game 1 and game 5, respectively.

(I'll never forget Lappy's goal celebration)
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
This post thanked by:
Old 03-05-2014, 11:37 PM   #12105
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
I'm watching the "TradeCentre: Mike Gillis Reaction" TSN video on the right hand side of TSN.ca/NHL right now

Farhan just mentioned that there was a potential deal that involved Bobby Ryan
Old 03-06-2014, 12:16 AM   #12106

^ last season or this season? Edler to Sens/Ducks for Ryan
Old 03-06-2014, 12:20 AM   #12107
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,193 Times in 2,275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
I'm watching the "TradeCentre: Mike Gillis Reaction" TSN video on the right hand side of TSN.ca/NHL right now

Farhan just mentioned that there was a potential deal that involved Bobby Ryan
SO INTENSE
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 03-06-2014, 04:31 AM   #12108
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Luongo: "It feels good to feel wanted from an organization"

Roberto Luongo Introduced as Panthers Goaltender ?
This post thanked by:
Old 03-06-2014, 05:20 AM   #12109
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,808 Times in 8,185 Posts
Quote:

Fuck off Lu, fucking baby. So younger better goalies took your spot.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-06-2014, 07:50 AM   #12110
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:

Wtf? This franchise gave him everything he wanted. They bent rules to accommodate for him as an individual ie:

-Giving captaincy to a goaltender.
-Fat contract that was one of the reasons for the current changes to contract agreements.

If younger players are gonna usurp you, that's on you. Linden and Naslund weren't perennial 1st liners, especially at the trail end of their careers, despite who they were by reputation and status among the league. I certainly didn't expect any different for Luongo when younger players are starting to outplay you
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-06-2014, 09:01 AM   #12111

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Fuck off Lu, fucking baby. So younger better goalies took your spot.
Lost respect for u brah... go back to the NFL forum
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-06-2014, 09:23 AM   #12112
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,984 Times in 1,689 Posts
Quote:
Wtf? This franchise gave him everything he wanted. They bent rules to accommodate for him as an individual ie:

-Fat contract that was one of the reasons for the current changes to contract agreements.

If younger players are gonna usurp you, that's on you. Linden and Naslund weren't perennial 1st liners, especially at the trail end of their careers, despite who they were by reputation and status among the league. I certainly didn't expect any different for Luongo when younger players are starting to outplay you
Posted via RS Mobile
I don't think Captaincy was necessary something he wanted.
But I'm sure any "veteran" player would be honored to take it if the opportunity was presented.

The issue I have with your comparison is that you can't compare skaters to goalies, where there's basically only one spot for a goalie per team. Where as an older skater might be demoted to 2nd line or 3rd line, with minutes reduced, a goalie will simply be scratched every night.

And it's not like Luongo's a washed up veteran like Brodeur, on his way out. He still is a starter goalie. And the fact that he has shown nothing but class in the past season gives me respect for Luongo. I believe his comment was directed more on the drama in the later stages of his career in Vancouver, not so much as the whole picture. He was basically labelled as the goalie the organization didn't want after Schneider took over. Then it took forever to make a decision and trade Schneider away. The organization was convinced they wanted Lu back, then they decided to flip the script again.

I have no problems with him "venting" out a bit now that it's been done and all.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
This post thanked by:
Old 03-06-2014, 09:33 AM   #12113

I think Schneider/lack being good could be the goalie coach and/or luongo's mentoring. hopefully, it's because of the goalie coach and then they could create good goalies in the coming years for trading.

Markstrom had no goalie coach in the AHL.
Old 03-06-2014, 09:41 AM   #12114
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:

Getting treated well 5 years ago does not change getting treated like shit for the last 2 years.

Its like a relationship. For the first couple years shes blowing you after work and making awesome dinners surprising you with things looking sexy all the time, and leaving her cute bras around for you to remember. Then fast forward to a couple years later and you're getting "headache" excuses, you're making your own dinner, and shes letting her legs go 3-4 days without shaving and now you're finding dirty underwear.
Old 03-06-2014, 09:55 AM   #12115
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 4,282 Times in 587 Posts
hahahaha this is tooooo funny, for anyone who watches house of cards

photo (6).JPG
her: why are all guys asking the same f**king question?
me: i uno.... so can I tap that
her: stfu you got a gf
me: tap together?

no reply...
This post thanked by:
Old 03-06-2014, 10:04 AM   #12116
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,312 Times in 5,633 Posts
Everyone has a price. Your average persons price is not the same as a star athlete

To get spit in your face for $100 or 10 million, after a while it's as much as you can take.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 03-06-2014, 10:08 AM   #12117
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffhanger33 View Post
hahahaha this is tooooo funny, for anyone who watches house of cards

Attachment 20428
LOL god damnit Lack was Underwood'ing Luongo all along!
This post thanked by:
Old 03-06-2014, 10:11 AM   #12118
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
Meh, it's hard to feel bad even when he was treated like shit. Hell people get treated like shit at work all the time, and they are making 30k a year.

"My contract sucks"...Yeah it didn't suck so much when you bargained for it and saw all the dollar signs, but when the backup starts out playing you suddenly you're the victim. Being paid to be the difference maker comes with responsibilities, and playing well is part of that.

Don't bitch about not being traded when you sign a contract like that and hand pick one of a very few places you want to go.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 03-06-2014, 10:20 AM   #12119
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,118 Times in 530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
I don't think Captaincy was necessary something he wanted.
But I'm sure any "veteran" player would be honored to take it if the opportunity was presented.

The issue I have with your comparison is that you can't compare skaters to goalies, where there's basically only one spot for a goalie per team. Where as an older skater might be demoted to 2nd line or 3rd line, with minutes reduced, a goalie will simply be scratched every night.

And it's not like Luongo's a washed up veteran like Brodeur, on his way out. He still is a starter goalie. And the fact that he has shown nothing but class in the past season gives me respect for Luongo. I believe his comment was directed more on the drama in the later stages of his career in Vancouver, not so much as the whole picture. He was basically labelled as the goalie the organization didn't want after Schneider took over. Then it took forever to make a decision and trade Schneider away. The organization was convinced they wanted Lu back, then they decided to flip the script again.

I have no problems with him "venting" out a bit now that it's been done and all.
The only thing I am critical of Luongo was the time Schneider took over in playing I think it was the Kings in the playoffs. As a star goalie and you have an up and coming backup playing as well as you are. Shouldn't you try to compete against him and win the starter role back? Use Thomas for example, he lost his job to Rask for a short period and he claimed it back the following season and won the cup.

I remembered after the kings playoff game, Lu was giving hints of wanting out completely. Correct me if I'm wrong, but where was his competitiveness to claim the crease as your own?
Old 03-06-2014, 10:21 AM   #12120

Pink Panther is back!!

On an unrelated note: he gets his masks done FAST.

Edit: Judging by what appears to be a "Koho" logo at the top, this must be his old mask
This post thanked by:
Old 03-06-2014, 11:42 AM   #12121
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Horvat vs Nichushkin. Thoughts?

I feel the organization tends to draft a lot of D, G and then two way forwards. We need players with actual skill. Felt like a Bourdon over Kopitar and White over Perron again.

All three choices were quite obvious at the time too so it wasn't really hindsight.
Old 03-06-2014, 11:46 AM   #12122

I wouldn't touch a Russian prospect with a 10ft pole, regardless of skill. The threat of the KHL is enough to scare any GM, even if the prospect is named Ovechkin or Malkin.

They have too much leverage when they're young. Moreso if they're extremely skilled.

That said, Kopitar should've been a Canuck. I can't believe the Canucks made that choice. Not taking Bourdon's tragic death into account, it's harder to find a big skill center like Kopitar imo. Don't get me started with White over Perron.
Old 03-06-2014, 11:51 AM   #12123

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuff99 View Post
Horvat vs Nichushkin. Thoughts?

I feel the organization tends to draft a lot of D, G and then two way forwards. We need players with actual skill. Felt like a Bourdon over Kopitar and White over Perron again.

All three choices were quite obvious at the time too so it wasn't really hindsight.
Way too early to judge Horvat when he hasn't played a single game in the NHL yet...
Old 03-06-2014, 11:53 AM   #12124
My homepage has been set to RS

A clip of a Connor McDavid goal from last night.

Instagram
Quote:
Originally posted by phatboyWhat about the 2nd period?
This post thanked by:
Old 03-06-2014, 11:56 AM   #12125
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
Way too early to judge Horvat when he hasn't played a single game in the NHL yet...
I think it's fair to say right now at this time, Nichushkin development is ahead of Horvat's.
Closed Thread