REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 07-20-2013, 03:26 PM   #1
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
[Confidential] Are one night stands common?

The following is a post from an anonymous Revscene member. If the anonymous original poster would like to reply to the thread, please PM or email me your replies.

A lot of my friends talk about how they have one night stands sometimes and after going clubbing/bars, I think they might be lying. Im able to talk to girls in clubs/bars/parties but nothing really comes out of it even though i've tried getting dates.

So do one night stands really happen or do guys just lie about it in order to look cool? I can't personally think of any reason why a girl would want to have a one night stand since its degrading/makes them look slutty. Im in my mid 20s btw and a virgin.

She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 03:32 PM   #2
nma
#RVG

Of course it happens... Sorry, might just be you bro. However, it's probably for the best, your friends are going to get an sti sooner or later if they keep it up. (not the Subaru)

I've only pulled it off a few times, however, they were mutual friends. I find it kind of sketchy hooking up with a random, I wouldn't take a random girl home after a night of clubbing. However, if you're really determined, you're more likely to pull it off during a large event event. Try going to the Calgary Stampede, if you don't get laid there, you're not getting laid anywhere.

Last edited by nma; 07-20-2013 at 03:40 PM.
nma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-20-2013, 03:57 PM   #3
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Mid-20's and a virgin.

There you go dude. Some guys(and girls I'm sure) hold onto the card long enough that now it needs to be this monumental "thing" when you finally get it on. No, a one night stand with an awkward guy that doesn't know how to fuck isn't going to live up to the expectations.

Yes, they do happen. Actually, I was younger and a virgin and I met a cool chick at a bar and we ended up going back to her place and it was...awkward. I didn't end up getting laid, I certainly didn't say it was because I hadn't fucked before so it was awkward. We got together again, and it was even more awkward, and just, at the end of it, was awkward.

But once you know what you are doing, then its two people having fun and being safe and having fun.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 04:15 PM   #4
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bastardo View Post
The following is a post from an anonymous Revscene member. If the anonymous original poster would like to reply to the thread, please PM or email me your replies.

A lot of my friends talk about how they have one night stands sometimes and after going clubbing/bars, I think they might be lying. Im able to talk to girls in clubs/bars/parties but nothing really comes out of it even though i've tried getting dates.

So do one night stands really happen or do guys just lie about it in order to look cool? I can't personally think of any reason why a girl would want to have a one night stand since its degrading/makes them look slutty. Im in my mid 20s btw and a virgin.

It happens. Common enough that it's a normality, but not frequent enough that almost every guy that goes clubbing gets laid.

In my experience, all that talk is just hot air. Every guy in a club or party likes to front like they get girls, but in reality, go to a club or a party, only 5% - 10% of the people are going to have sex that night with someone new.

So for the most part, I'm gonna have to say most guys just lie (or exaggerate) to look cool. Be wary of braggarts as they're the ones who i find have the most exaggerated (or completely untrue) tales. It's actually people who downplay their sexual successes that you kinda... have to watch out for.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 04:24 PM   #5
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
What's funny is that guys lie to make it sound like they get laid all the time, and girls lie to make it sound like they don't sleep around...
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-20-2013, 04:37 PM   #6
nma
#RVG

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
What's funny is that guys lie to make it sound like they get laid all the time, and girls lie to make it sound like they don't sleep around...
A key that unlocks all doors, a master key. A lock that is opened by all doors, a shitty lock. Same concept I think..
nma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 04:54 PM   #7
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nma View Post
A key that unlocks all doors, a master key. A lock that is opened by all keys, a shitty lock. Same concept I think..
I think that's what you meant
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 05:08 PM   #8
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
Quote:

So do one night stands really happen or do guys just lie about it in order to look cool?
they lie.

Quote:
I can't personally think of any reason why a girl would want to have a one night stand since its degrading/makes them look slutty. Im in my mid 20s btw and a virgin.
if a girl is "slutty", what is the guy?
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-20-2013, 05:09 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post

Awesome
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-20-2013, 05:53 PM   #10
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
to today's society, a god @ dinosaur

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-20-2013, 06:33 PM   #11
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:

One night stands occur, but men lying to appear virile is more common.

A woman who chooses to have a one night stand is not degraded or a slut, that's a blatant sexual double standard.

It's amusing when men admire men who have one night stands, and nearly in the same breath condemn women for having them, which is exactly what you're doing.

Stop attempting to meet women in bars; go make an account on OKcupid, Match, or POF.

Considering you've spent six years pursuing the bar scene without success, it's time to pursue a different approach.

Quote:
The epitome of virility.

Last edited by MindBomber; 07-20-2013 at 06:40 PM.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-20-2013, 06:38 PM   #12
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:

a manwhore.

Recon604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-20-2013, 06:46 PM   #13
PRINCESS

I've gone through 5/7days clubbing phase back in the days like every other girl
And never have I ever done one night stand. Neither have my good friends. I do know some girls who used to do it all the time though.
ONS occurs no doubt. But it won't happen 10/10 nights you go clubbing unless
1. You are ridiculously good looking, rich, and or smart
2. You are down to fuck 1/10 hoes.
3. You are willing to pay them (I guess this wouldn't really be one night stand)

From what I heard from my guy friends you have better luck ONS from plenty of fish (or other ones Mindbomber suggested) . Not clubbing or bars. If you're looking for ONS don't waste your money on clubbing and bars. Girls there just want free drinks and attention. Most of them aren't gonna bother sleeping with you at the end of the night.

Maybe your friends are 10/10 perfect or lucky guy. But most of the times guys are exaggerating.
MeowMeow is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-20-2013, 06:59 PM   #14
Wanna have a threesome?

Too add, a gentlemen does not kiss and tell.

Boasting about sexual conquests is an unattractive display of chauvinism, insecurity, and very often dishonesty, and is only perceived as cool to equally insecure men.

Confidence is attractive, as is an air of mystery.

A confident man does not attempt to prove himself through advertising his exploits in womanizing.
Old 07-20-2013, 07:00 PM   #15
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
If they're meeting the girl at a bar, what time is it when they meet her? 10pm when she's only got 1 drink in her, or 3am where she's barely standing up and everything she says is "wooooooooo" "yeeeeeaaaaah".

Guys lie a lot. A few friends who've had1 nighters with girls are some girls I knew as well, after hearing both sides of the stories....I'd always believe the women since they'd still have they text messages showing that they both went home and "maybe" next time they could have more fun etc etc.
Posted via RS Mobile
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 07:02 PM   #16
Banned By Establishment

I was never a ONS type of girl but I had friends that were.

99% of the time the dude either had whiskey dick, shot in 4 seconds, or ended up barfing and passing out.

So...your friends may be bragging about ONS...but they ain't anything to brag about. Never ever did any of my friends say it was worth it...
Old 07-20-2013, 07:38 PM   #17
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,352 Times in 263 Posts
Well, I don't think there is much double standard going on here. Guys openly admit they love sex, and they chase the cunt all lifelong, but girls on the other hand, won't admit they love sex, and they get "offended" when guys are too forward with them "too soon". So obviously when a girl does fuck around, blowing d and licking b, we call them sluts. Generally.
Old 07-20-2013, 08:04 PM   #18
Wanna have a threesome?

Quote:
Originally Posted by guddagudd View Post
Well, I don't think there is much double standard going on here. Guys openly admit they love sex, and they chase the cunt all lifelong, but girls on the other hand, won't admit they love sex, and they get "offended" when guys are too forward with them "too soon". So obviously when a girl does around, blowing d and licking b, we call them sluts. Generally.
I disagree, because men and women love sex equally.

Women simply do not "admit" their love of sex as openly to avoid negative labels for promiscuity.

Your evidence that there is not a double standard is actually the result of it.

I've openly discussed sex with female friends on many occasions, and they all love sex as much as myself, as a male, and openly "admit" they do, because I don't support that double standard.

Last edited by MindBomber; 07-20-2013 at 08:21 PM.
Old 07-20-2013, 08:05 PM   #19
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by guddagudd View Post
Well, I don't think there is much double standard going on here. Guys openly admit they love sex, and they chase the cunt all lifelong, but girls on the other hand, won't admit they love sex, and they get "offended" when guys are too forward with them "too soon". So obviously when a girl does fuck around, blowing d and licking b, we call them sluts. Generally.
no man. real women don't play those games.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-20-2013, 08:15 PM   #20
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
I prefer just paying someone for sex than meeting someone at the bar. The risk of catching something from someone at the bar is higher than going to a massage parlor.

And it's girls that are more likely to catch something than guys. So just think about it before you try your first ONS, if she's that easy to get into bed with, imagine how many guys she's been with.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:23 PM   #21

The following is a reply from an anonymous member who is NOT the original poster. Yeah, that happens sometimes.

I'm not OP...and I don't intend to hijack the thread, but I believe my question is very similar and not worth a whole new thread.

Many of you express ONS do, in fact happen quite often and definitely not uncommon at all. However, how does this different/compare to the Asian population in Vancouver? Given such cultural difference, how often does ONS even occur with the Asian crowd at the more "Asian oriented clubs"?
Old 07-20-2013, 10:58 PM   #22
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,934 Times in 494 Posts
Quote:

Interesting topic.

I'll speak (type) candidly.

In University, I loved going clubbing with Uni friends.

The goal wasn't really trying to get a ONS.

It was a mixture of meeting other people, socializing, "growing up", and yes, dancing to the music while buzzed up with a little alcohol (yes, I admit it was fun dancing to Darude's Sandstorm, the "Horny" song, Madonna's "Ray of light" or Will's "Getting Jiggy With it" or Lauryn Hill's "Doo Wop" or the perennial grinding 1998 song by Next "Too Close"... yes I'm reliving everything in my mind right now... okay back on topic)...

And, in the back of my mind, maybe... get a little lucky, but I realized that I didn't actually pro-actively try to pursue a ONS.

I was genuinely having fun dancing, getting buzzed with some alcohol, and meeting new people.

After a while, I guess the clubbing life went away, and I realized that there are a whole plethora of risks in one-night-stands.

As you stated before, you are virgin, and good for you.

You have to make your own decision to figure out if ONS is what you want or if a long-term relationship is what you want.

You mentioned you tried "getting dates" in clubs/bars.

The majority of my friends met their life-long partners NOT through clubbing, but by other means.

Only one of my friends met their life-long partners through clubbing.

In any case, party on and have fun.

Last edited by Marshall Placid; 07-20-2013 at 11:33 PM.
Marshall Placid is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-20-2013, 11:47 PM   #23
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Placid View Post
Interesting topic.

The goal wasn't really trying to get a ONS.

It was a mixture of meeting other people, socializing, "growing up", and yes, dancing to the music while buzzed up with a little alcohol (yes, I admit it was fun dancing to Darude's Sandstorm, the "Horny" song, Madonna's "Ray of light" or Will's "Getting Jiggy With it" or Lauryn Hill's "Doo Wop" or the perennial grinding 1998 song by Next "Too Close"... yes I'm reliving everything in my mind right now... okay back on topic)...

And, in the back of my mind, maybe... get a little lucky, but I realized that I didn't actually pro-actively try to pursue a ONS.

I was genuinely having fun dancing, getting buzzed with some alcohol, and meeting new people.
oh MAN!! We lived the same life!!!

I miss it some times
Old 07-21-2013, 02:12 PM   #24
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,141 Times in 7,148 Posts
I've had a few, in a very very large amount of nights in the bar. Its not common, or easy to come by if the girl is actually fairly attractive. Go out expecting to party, not expecting to get laid. Unless you are peacocking pretty hard, its not likely gonna happen. To be honest almost every time I had one I felt pretty shitty about it the next day. I'm not a huge fan of having sex with someone you don't at least have some connection to. Like Mindbomber said, make an online dating account and meet someone cool. Its way more fun having sex with someone and being able to hang with them before/after.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 02:22 PM   #25
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,121 Times in 669 Posts
I always get one night stand when I go clubbing.

sometimes even two in one night.
xilley is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by: