REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-09-2017, 01:27 PM   #1426
Returner of Lost Phones and Turtles

Thanked 3,997 Times in 963 Posts
In-out is a bit more than the other places but 24/7 pickup and no lines is pretty good.

Blaine gas prices are like half of PR's prices though so I never bother anymore
Advertisement

21' 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
23' VW MK8 GTI 40th Anniversary
18' Tesla Model 3 LR RWD
21' Ducati Streetfighter V4 S

--
16' Mineral Grey F80 BMW M3 6MT SOLD -11/22
22' Halo Toyota GR86 6MT SOLD -11/22
12' Phantom Black - B8 Audi S4 - SOLD 04/19
07' WDP Acura TL Type-S - A-Spec/ATLP/H&R - SOLD 12/17
18' Matte Silver Ice - Triumph 765 Street Triple RS - SOLD 4/21
LP700-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 02:29 PM   #1427
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Went to PR for gas today and got pulled in for inspection on both sides
Tr1ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 09:38 PM   #1428
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1ll View Post
Went to PR for gas today and got pulled in for inspection on both sides
Ouch. Did you just go to get gas and nothing else? Probably suspicious of the zero dollar declaration. I've only got sent for inspection when I went down twice in one week. Surprisingly, it was only for going down to the US.
syee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 09:41 PM   #1429

Quote:
Originally Posted by syee View Post
Ouch. Did you just go to get gas and nothing else? Probably suspicious of the zero dollar declaration. I've only got sent for inspection when I went down twice in one week. Surprisingly, it was only for going down to the US.
Yeah I'm 100% sure that's the reason too except I've done it many times before and haven't had a problem. All depends on the border guard working at the time I guess. I wasn't really even bothered actually because I keep my car clean and empty so it only took them about 5 minutes to go through the car.
Old 01-09-2017, 10:56 PM   #1430
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,382 Times in 416 Posts
Me and the gf go down to PR a couple times a year, more so in the summer, just to have a picnic and walk on the beach with the dog.

Because we're gone for hours, border patrol doesn't get suspicious when we have nothing to declare. Then again, I don't remember them inputting any information half the time we go down so not sure how they'd know how long I was down there for..

Of the several times we've gone down for a a couple hours to hang out, we've never had an inspection or problems crossing.

Of the times I've actually picked up packages, I've only been taxed once, for something that was $350CAD.
k3mps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 05:57 PM   #1431
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP700-4 View Post
In-out is a bit more than the other places but 24/7 pickup and no lines is pretty good.

Blaine gas prices are like half of PR's prices though so I never bother anymore

So gas at Blaine is cheaper than at Point Roberts? I heard it's the other way around.
Shades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 12:41 AM   #1432
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,776 Times in 444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades View Post
So gas at Blaine is cheaper than at Point Roberts? I heard it's the other way around.
All the times I've been to PR, it's barely worth the drive.

Blaine has better prices. Takes me 30 mins to either one, but I use less gas going to Blaine.

http://www.e38registry.org/
Mr.C is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-12-2017, 02:30 PM   #1433
I STILL don't get it

Then 5dpackages it is! If anyone is signing up for an account please use me as reference. PM me
Shades is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-13-2017, 06:49 AM   #1434
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

5D packages doesn't accept packages over 100lbs, according to their website.
Anyone try to ship anything there over 100lbs?
I ordered a shortblock, could be 120 lbs with packaging.

Does anyone know what's another good parcel receiving place in Blaine or Point Roberts that accept over 100lbs? Point Roberts Shell charges $15 for over 100lbs. Anyplace cheaper than that?
Old 01-13-2017, 08:59 AM   #1435
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,911 Times in 3,872 Posts
When I went down to pick up car parts a year or so ago the guy got mad at me for not knowing the exact total of everything I was bringing back, in CAD. Yesterday when I went down they wanted the total in USD so they could convert it themselves. Have things changed or was the first guy wrong?
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 09:05 AM   #1436

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
When I went down to pick up car parts a year or so ago the guy got mad at me for not knowing the exact total of everything I was bringing back, in CAD. Yesterday when I went down they wanted the total in USD so they could convert it themselves. Have things changed or was the first guy wrong?
I think it really depends on who you're talking to. Like I mentioned a couple posts earlier, I've never been pulled in for inspection before when I only go for gas at PR, but the other day I got pulled in by both sides.
Old 01-13-2017, 09:29 AM   #1437
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuse View Post
5D packages doesn't accept packages over 100lbs, according to their website.
Anyone try to ship anything there over 100lbs?
I ordered a shortblock, could be 120 lbs with packaging.

Does anyone know what's another good parcel receiving place in Blaine or Point Roberts that accept over 100lbs? Point Roberts Shell charges $15 for over 100lbs. Anyplace cheaper than that?
Try Can-Amer

Can Amer Freight - Warehousing and Freight Services in Blaine, WA

Have not been down recently to pick up packages but they can even receive pallets.
mdnx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 11:53 AM   #1438
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,379 Times in 478 Posts
i think tsb also can take shipment over 100lbs over, but more expensive
lilaznviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 05:00 PM   #1439
Returner of Lost Phones and Turtles

Thanked 3,997 Times in 963 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
I always quote the US value cause thats what it says on my receipts.

21' 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
23' VW MK8 GTI 40th Anniversary
18' Tesla Model 3 LR RWD
21' Ducati Streetfighter V4 S

--
16' Mineral Grey F80 BMW M3 6MT SOLD -11/22
22' Halo Toyota GR86 6MT SOLD -11/22
12' Phantom Black - B8 Audi S4 - SOLD 04/19
07' WDP Acura TL Type-S - A-Spec/ATLP/H&R - SOLD 12/17
18' Matte Silver Ice - Triumph 765 Street Triple RS - SOLD 4/21
LP700-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 06:58 PM   #1440
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,191 Times in 481 Posts
I always say the price in USD without telling them which currency. Only been asked for clarification once whether the amount is cad or usd then got waved through; however, when they fill out the paper for taxes, they always ask USD or CAD
SSM_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 06:18 PM   #1441
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

has anybody gone to usa after jan 20. curious to see if they are any tougher after trump inauguration
rice cooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 06:36 PM   #1442
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
I just went down today via Nexus lane.
Border agent just asked if i had anything to declare. No issues.

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 06:37 PM   #1443

Quote:
Originally Posted by rice cooker View Post
has anybody gone to usa after jan 20. curious to see if they are any tougher after trump inauguration
I'm sure you'll be fine as long as you're not going down to protest lol
Old 01-22-2017, 08:36 PM   #1444
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1ll View Post
I think it really depends on who you're talking to. Like I mentioned a couple posts earlier, I've never been pulled in for inspection before when I only go for gas at PR, but the other day I got pulled in by both sides.
I don't know if it's bad luck or what but I used to pick up packages at PR and every single time I had to go inside and pay duties as well as have my vehicle searche even if I was picking up an iten less then $100. Now I only pick up in Blaine not once have I ever been asked to go inside or pay anything. I'll never go to PR ever again.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 10:29 PM   #1445
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,295 Times in 2,509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
I don't know if it's bad luck or what but I used to pick up packages at PR and every single time I had to go inside and pay duties as well as have my vehicle searche even if I was picking up an iten less then $100. Now I only pick up in Blaine not once have I ever been asked to go inside or pay anything. I'll never go to PR ever again.
For a few years before I got my Nexus, I was in a similar boat as well. I almost always get called into the office at PR, even when the purchases were small (or none at all since I used to just go get gas when I was in the area). They've searched me and my car a couple of times. I always declare my shxt, and they never find anything out of the ordinary. Sometimes they would tax me even for small amounts. Other times they would let me go without taxing, but I was almost always getting called into the office. I really can't think of any reason whether or why I might have been flagged.

And then one year the getting called into the office just became less frequent. And soon after that, CBSA announced that they would shift their priority from taxing returning residents to maintaining tighter border security.
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 05:32 AM   #1446
I am Hook'd on RS

Hey guys

Does anyone have any experience using the goods to follow/unaccompanied goods exemption?

Basically I mistimed ordering a new winch bumper with a holiday in the states, looks like it will arrive in Blaine about a week after I return.

From what I can find there is nothing I can do now, have to ask the border agent for a form BSF192 when I return from holidays? Or is it a E24? Also couldn't find anything stating it had to be purchased while on holidays.

FYI I am Nexus, if it could cause any problems would just rather pay the 70-80 tax when I go pick it up.

Thanks
wickedxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 08:10 AM   #1447
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
gf and friend went down on saturday right after the trump ban,

they were asked what nationality and citizen they were, but no hassle other than that since theyre both canadian and nexus
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
This wouldn't happen if you didn't drive a peasant car like an Audi...
Quote:
[14-05, 14:59] FastAnna You tiny bra wearing, gigantic son of a bitch
[15-05, 10:35] FastAnna Yeah I was dreaming of those big titties in that tiny bra
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'd probably blow someone for that 911
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 08:21 AM   #1448
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothie. View Post
gf and friend went down on saturday right after the trump ban,

they were asked what nationality and citizen they were, but no hassle other than that since theyre both canadian and nexus
As long as you're not from Iran, Iraq, Somalia, Syria, Sudan, Libya and Yemen, they won't deny you. I went down on Sunday and they didn't even ask my nationality. The only thing they asked me is if I was carrying any drugs or weapons.
syee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 09:00 AM   #1449
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by syee View Post
As long as you're not from Iran, Iraq, Somalia, Syria, Sudan, Libya and Yemen, they won't deny you. I went down on Sunday and they didn't even ask my nationality. The only thing they asked me is if I was carrying any drugs or weapons.
that's cause a federal judge stopped it on Sunday lol.

Otherwise, you would've been asked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
This wouldn't happen if you didn't drive a peasant car like an Audi...
Quote:
[14-05, 14:59] FastAnna You tiny bra wearing, gigantic son of a bitch
[15-05, 10:35] FastAnna Yeah I was dreaming of those big titties in that tiny bra
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'd probably blow someone for that 911
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 10:11 AM   #1450
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,746 Times in 1,179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedxj View Post
Hey guys

Does anyone have any experience using the goods to follow/unaccompanied goods exemption?

Basically I mistimed ordering a new winch bumper with a holiday in the states, looks like it will arrive in Blaine about a week after I return.

From what I can find there is nothing I can do now, have to ask the border agent for a form BSF192 when I return from holidays? Or is it a E24? Also couldn't find anything stating it had to be purchased while on holidays.

FYI I am Nexus, if it could cause any problems would just rather pay the 70-80 tax when I go pick it up.

Thanks
You need to stay over 7days abroad to be eligible to this. And if you are flying back, it's quite simple. On the customs form, just check "Yes" on the mailed good/following option, and put the total amount (goods with you, and good mailed). You'd be sent to see an officer after using the Nexus lane at YVR. Officer would ask you a few questions and ask you to fill out a form that separates the value of the goods with/not with you.

After that, if you don't have to pay any taxes, you'd get a copy of the form you just completed with a stamp on it. Just go to Blaine with it and hand it over to the CDN officer when you return.